Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Looking at the table today makes for some sobering viewing 12:41 - Dec 1 with 4944 viewsMrSwerve

2 points from 4 games, 8th position, two points off the scum and TEN points off Leeds who are top. Amazing how quickly it has changed. I guess it can just as quickly change for the better, but Cooper really needs to try and turn this bad rut around ASAP.

Well, it was nice while it lasted.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Looking at the table today makes for some sobering viewing on 12:45 - Dec 1 with 3042 viewsFireboy2

Its only going to get worse unfortunately.
Looking at the table today makes for some sobering viewing on 12:56 - Dec 1 with 3033 viewspembsjack

Our great start gave us all false hope for the season. Pre-season, most would have accepted mid-table was a decent finish with this squad. In all honesty, we've played poorly most of the season so far apart from 2 or games.
Looking at the table today makes for some sobering viewing on 13:48 - Dec 1 with 2959 viewsraynor94

We most probably will be behind them before we kick a ball again

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Looking at the table today makes for some sobering viewing on 14:11 - Dec 1 with 2916 viewsairedale

Aye, we’re all doomed laddy.
Looking at the table today makes for some sobering viewing on 14:31 - Dec 1 with 2879 viewsswancity

With owners with no ambition and who lack interest in strengthening the team until players leave and only then on the proviso that any dealings show a net profit is anyone really surprised that the results have been poor.
Anything involving a finish of 12th or above will represent a highly satisfactory season whilst the January transfer window remains a concern in terms of some influential players going and not being replaced (adequately)
Meanwhile chaps it won’t take much to be dragged into the bottom half of the table as that is where I see us in the (near) future given the owners desire to cut costs further including high salaries.
Results overall this season have exceeded expectation. There has been talk of the play offs when in reality most of know that the squad isn’t good enough for that in too many areas.
I make no apologies for the seemingly negative comments. It’s called reality.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Looking at the table today makes for some sobering viewing on 14:39 - Dec 1 with 2876 viewsmonmouth

Lets see what's what at halfway. Must admit my hopes when we were rolling along a while back were for 40 points after 23 and it looked relatively straightforward with the games we had left. That looks really hollow to the point of being laughable now.

I don't think it's all doom and gloom though. We've been improving since Brentford! - that was the one that really shocked me. They mangled us. It really just looks the excitement this season might well be the race between us and scumbags for 10th and 11th unfortunately (they're having their spawny points now, it'll soon end, they are shitter than we are whatever their deluded dullards crawling out of the woodwork think) .

I'm more depressed that we have no style or individuality and are looking no closer to anything week on week. I accept the great, high quality, days are gone, probably for good, but I had expected to be able to point at sreategic progress by now.

Nothing's getting sorted. Even the obvious absurdity now of two players standing 3 feet from the goalie at goal kicks - why on earth does any team do that, or passing it back to the keeper, sometimes from near halfway (who should pretty much be our least able distributor if we have the right players in their positions) to hoof 50 yards, or the VDH 20 touches technique, or the always face our own goal and pass backwards (the only first time passes we actually try to make) no matter what is behind them. Some of this is f*cking obvious.

Maybe it is doom and gloom after all. COOPER SORT IT OUT.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Looking at the table today makes for some sobering viewing on 14:41 - Dec 1 with 2866 viewsjackal

Looking at the table today makes for some sobering viewing on 14:31 - Dec 1 by swancity

With owners with no ambition and who lack interest in strengthening the team until players leave and only then on the proviso that any dealings show a net profit is anyone really surprised that the results have been poor.
Anything involving a finish of 12th or above will represent a highly satisfactory season whilst the January transfer window remains a concern in terms of some influential players going and not being replaced (adequately)
Meanwhile chaps it won’t take much to be dragged into the bottom half of the table as that is where I see us in the (near) future given the owners desire to cut costs further including high salaries.
Results overall this season have exceeded expectation. There has been talk of the play offs when in reality most of know that the squad isn’t good enough for that in too many areas.
I make no apologies for the seemingly negative comments. It’s called reality.

Agreed.

Before the start of the season I would have taken mid-table.

Still would.

If we did manage the play-offs and fluke a promotion place then we would be in the Prem with that squad because our owners, sure as hell, won't invest. Frightening!
Looking at the table today makes for some sobering viewing on 15:20 - Dec 1 with 2810 viewsLord_Bony

Looking at the table today makes for some sobering viewing on 14:41 - Dec 1 by jackal

Agreed.

Still would.

If we did manage the play-offs and fluke a promotion place then we would be in the Prem with that squad because our owners, sure as hell, won't invest. Frightening!

We d be slaughtered in the Prem with this lot unless they sort out the midfield.

Get used to another season in the championship next year ...no change no gain.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Login to get fewer ads

Looking at the table today makes for some sobering viewing on 15:38 - Dec 1 with 2762 viewsSwanjaxs

Looking at the table today makes for some sobering viewing on 15:20 - Dec 1 by Lord_Bony

We d be slaughtered in the Prem with this lot unless they sort out the midfield.

Get used to another season in the championship next year ...no change no gain.

The question is what state will the squad be in next season after the next couple of transfer windows?

Worrying times ahead.

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Looking at the table today makes for some sobering viewing on 15:42 - Dec 1 with 2754 viewsBadlands

If we were good enough in August what has changed?
IMO the manager has had time to influence the squad.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Looking at the table today makes for some sobering viewing on 15:47 - Dec 1 with 2738 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Looking at the table today makes for some sobering viewing on 15:42 - Dec 1 by Badlands

This.
Was he in fact relying on the feel good factor and improvements that Potter had introduced with the extra bounce of Baston and Ayew?
Looking at the table today makes for some sobering viewing on 15:48 - Dec 1 with 2739 viewsBadlands

Looking at the table today makes for some sobering viewing on 15:47 - Dec 1 by A_Fans_Dad

This.
Was he in fact relying on the feel good factor and improvements that Potter had introduced with the extra bounce of Baston and Ayew?

Exactly.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Looking at the table today makes for some sobering viewing on 15:56 - Dec 1 with 2729 viewsswancity

Looking at the table today makes for some sobering viewing on 15:42 - Dec 1 by Badlands

But they weren’t good enough. Decent enough but no more than that.

You’ve missed the point

But you can certainly factor into the equation injuries eg Rodon and then loss of form eg Celina and the international breaks have stalled momentum on occasions.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Looking at the table today makes for some sobering viewing on 17:30 - Dec 1 with 2608 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

As some pointed out at the time, we were extremely fortunate in many of those matches. Leeds away is a prime example. They absolutely destroyed us. It was like a Conference South side playing away at Old Trafford. We were fortunate they missed chance after chance and our one chance was scuffled into the net.

Other games went the same way. Teams would miss chance after chance and we would steal a result with one of our few chances on goal.

We have been playing very poorly all season. You could argue that first half against Fulham was our best half all season.

I for one feel fortunate we picked up the points we did in the opening two months of the season, as I think we would be battling to avoid the drop otherwise. We are incredibly poor.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Looking at the table today makes for some sobering viewing on 17:37 - Dec 1 with 2601 viewsDarran

Looking at the table today makes for some sobering viewing on 17:30 - Dec 1 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

As some pointed out at the time, we were extremely fortunate in many of those matches. Leeds away is a prime example. They absolutely destroyed us. It was like a Conference South side playing away at Old Trafford. We were fortunate they missed chance after chance and our one chance was scuffled into the net.

Other games went the same way. Teams would miss chance after chance and we would steal a result with one of our few chances on goal.

We have been playing very poorly all season. You could argue that first half against Fulham was our best half all season.

I for one feel fortunate we picked up the points we did in the opening two months of the season, as I think we would be battling to avoid the drop otherwise. We are incredibly poor.

Does anyone actually disagree with this? ⤴️

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Looking at the table today makes for some sobering viewing on 17:39 - Dec 1 with 2594 viewspembsjack

Looking at the table today makes for some sobering viewing on 17:37 - Dec 1 by Darran

Not at all, in all honesty we have played sh"t all season apart from a couple of games. Not sure if Coopers instilled a bit of grit or its pure luck but we have been awful.
Looking at the table today makes for some sobering viewing on 17:42 - Dec 1 with 2586 viewsunion_jack

Looking at the table today makes for some sobering viewing on 17:30 - Dec 1 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Typical negative post from you!!!

But, sadly spot on!!😉. I’d say the Cardiff game was our best but they didn’t turn up all game and could still have left with a point after their point blank shot was saved by Woodman.

I’m glad some are waking up to the fact that Lady Luck has shone on us quite a bit this season.

I was heartened however with our performance Friday but that was against a team who allowed us to play. Most others will try to strangle us and we’ve absolutely no idea how to handle it.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Looking at the table today makes for some sobering viewing on 17:51 - Dec 1 with 2556 viewsthornabyswan

Looking at the table today makes for some sobering viewing on 17:39 - Dec 1 by pembsjack

Not at all, in all honesty we have played sh"t all season apart from a couple of games. Not sure if Coopers instilled a bit of grit or its pure luck but we have been awful.

Only team in the EFL still unbeaten away.
So must be doing something right away.

Performances at home have been really poor though

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Looking at the table today makes for some sobering viewing on 18:08 - Dec 1 with 2518 viewssainthelens

I get some of the negativity here, but pinpointing the Fulham game we basically missed an open goal to go 1 up. Their first goal had big elements of luck attached and Peterson had an assist in their winner. Didn't deserve to lose...and therefore performance was better in my eyes. This league is dreadful and can turn round as quickly as its gone against us. Lying 8th around xmas....we'd have taken that in August.
Am not one eyed, just trying to be bit positive amongst the gathering gloom.
Looking at the table today makes for some sobering viewing on 18:13 - Dec 1 with 2507 viewsperplex

Looking at the table today makes for some sobering viewing on 17:37 - Dec 1 by Darran

Nope, pretty good summary, in fact I find Dwight to be on of the more realistic posters on here.
[Post edited 1 Dec 2019 18:16]
Looking at the table today makes for some sobering viewing on 05:30 - Dec 2 with 2284 viewsdameedna

I think our squad remains a little unbalanced with McBurnie and James leaving and Ayew and Baston not scoring enough goals to date.

André Ayew 6
Borja Bastón 6
Sam Surridge 5

17 total goals from three strikers in 19 games.

Could be worse.

We have three strikers who can score a goal.

Byers has four goals and could have had a few on Friday and of course the keepers saves, a few misses and a point blank save from Surridge.

Not all doom and gloom.

We have the players to score, need them to pick up the pace.
Looking at the table today makes for some sobering viewing on 06:16 - Dec 2 with 2270 viewsWhiterockin

Looking at the table today makes for some sobering viewing on 17:51 - Dec 1 by thornabyswan

Only team in the EFL still unbeaten away.
So must be doing something right away.

Performances at home have been really poor though

It is incredible that we are still unbeaten away, in some of the games we have been played off the park and still managed a result. IMO that statistic is masking the situation, we are an average side at best.
Looking at the table today makes for some sobering viewing on 08:31 - Dec 2 with 2209 views34dfgdf54

Looking at the table today makes for some sobering viewing on 14:41 - Dec 1 by jackal

Agreed.

Still would.

Yeah agree with this.

I stupidly/naively got carried away, especially after the Leeds result that we would be genuine competitors so even though where we are is about par for the course, it just feels a bit gloomy at the moment.
Looking at the table today makes for some sobering viewing on 08:45 - Dec 2 with 2204 viewsCaptain_Sham

It probably makes sobering viewing if you are the kind of person that starts threads confirming promotion in August.
[Post edited 2 Dec 2019 8:45]

Its just a ride.

Looking at the table today makes for some sobering viewing on 08:57 - Dec 2 with 2178 viewsKilkennyjack

Next season sees the last year of parachute payments, and its a lot lower than this year.

Reality.

Beware of the Risen People

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024