Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Macron lol 09:19 - Dec 16 with 1302 viewsDarran

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Macron lol on 09:30 - Dec 16 with 1261 viewsWarwickHunt

Statesman being statesmanlike shock horror.

You missed the bit about “once we’ve achieved clarity on the institutional and legal frameworks”...

I’d advise against holding your breath, mon ami.
Macron lol on 09:33 - Dec 16 with 1263 viewsjacktar

Well we all know the French love us Brits really.

We shouldn't all be tarred with the same brush you know!

Macron lol on 10:44 - Dec 16 with 1175 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Two faced French person who treats his own people like shit and who has been trying to screw us for 3 years.
Reality bites.
[Post edited 16 Dec 2019 10:45]
Macron lol on 16:00 - Dec 16 with 1045 viewswestwalesed

In all seriousness I fully expect the EU to be much, much, more conciliatory now they know that the Government has an absolutely huge majority.
[Post edited 16 Dec 2019 16:18]

Poll: Live in a country with no internet?

Macron lol on 16:07 - Dec 16 with 1027 viewslonglostjack

Macron lol on 16:00 - Dec 16 by westwalesed

In all seriousness I fully expect the EU to be much, much, more conciliatory now they know that the Government has an absolutely huge majority.

Compliant in what way?

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Macron lol on 16:08 - Dec 16 with 1022 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Macron lol on 16:00 - Dec 16 by westwalesed

He realises that without trade with the UK any thousands of farming, manufacturing and tourists jobs will be lost in France.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Macron lol on 16:10 - Dec 16 with 1015 viewswestwalesed

Macron lol on 16:07 - Dec 16 by longlostjack

Compliant in what way?

Just in terms of their dealings with us when it comes to trade negotiations. It won't be "this is totally non-negotiable n way that is it no chance we are looking at this again" as it was with the Withdrawal Agreement. Mind you even then they blinked when they thought Boris would take us out with No Deal.

I expect it to be far more conciliatory and actually approached in the spirit of a future partnership. It is massively in their interest, and ours, to do a simple free trade agreement.

Macron lol on 16:14 - Dec 16 with 1002 viewslonglostjack

Macron lol on 16:10 - Dec 16 by westwalesed

Just in terms of their dealings with us when it comes to trade negotiations. It won't be "this is totally non-negotiable n way that is it no chance we are looking at this again" as it was with the Withdrawal Agreement. Mind you even then they blinked when they thought Boris would take us out with No Deal.

I expect it to be far more conciliatory and actually approached in the spirit of a future partnership. It is massively in their interest, and ours, to do a simple free trade agreement.

Simple being the operative word in every sense. Conciliatory a better word than compliant.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Login to get fewer ads

Macron lol on 16:16 - Dec 16 with 998 viewsHighjack

I don’t think Boris would ever go through with No deal even though he’s a mad bastard but he would certainly threaten it if things aren’t going his way, just like he did last time. But this time there isn’t the safety net of Parliament stopping it.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Macron lol on 16:17 - Dec 16 with 996 viewswestwalesed

Macron lol on 16:14 - Dec 16 by longlostjack

Simple being the operative word in every sense. Conciliatory a better word than compliant.

Agreed it would be and happy to amend!

Macron lol on 16:19 - Dec 16 with 990 viewswestwalesed

Macron lol on 16:16 - Dec 16 by Highjack

I don’t think Boris would ever go through with No deal even though he’s a mad bastard but he would certainly threaten it if things aren’t going his way, just like he did last time. But this time there isn’t the safety net of Parliament stopping it.

Neither do I.

But the important thing is that there was enough doubt in the minds of the EU negotiators to give him something.

Macron lol on 21:21 - Dec 16 with 851 viewsbuilthjack

Well he does have a store in Neath

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Macron lol on 21:03 - Dec 17 with 610 viewsTrump73

Macron lol on 16:16 - Dec 16 by Highjack

‘Safety net’ that’s a strange way of describing the sabotaging of the negotiations.
Macron lol on 21:28 - Dec 17 with 547 viewslondonlisa2001

Macron lol on 16:10 - Dec 16 by westwalesed

By ‘they blinked’ I assume you mean they went back to the deal they’d originally suggested but previously May had refused?
Macron lol on 21:49 - Dec 17 with 525 viewsLuther27

Macron lol on 21:28 - Dec 17 by londonlisa2001

By ‘they blinked’ I assume you mean they went back to the deal they’d originally suggested but previously May had refused?

At the end of the day Lisa it looks as though for the first time in three and a half years Parliament has a huge working majority to propose what it wants, wether that is right or wrong. It's the first time the EU negotiations has got to that stage and the EU are now fully aware of the game of poker that is to be played out.
I don't read to much into Macrons views, though they are influential. I pay more attention to Merkel for obvious reasons.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024