Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why Whittaker might stay. A fag packet analysis 23:16 - Jan 22 with 2867 viewsReslovenSwan1

A. Martin wants to sell Whittaker.
B. Whittaker does not want to play for Martin,
c. The owners want to keep Whittaker. (unless offered big money)

A. Evidence (Martin wants to sell Whittaker)

a) Martin did not pick Whittaker after his hattrick.
b) Martin sent Whittaker on loan last season
c) Martin sent Whittaker on loan this season
d) Martin did not want Whittaker back.
e) Martin said he was not bothered whether he came back or not.
f) Martin said Whittaker is way down the pecking order.
g) Martin said although stacked in that position they need new signings.

B Evidence (Whittaker does not want to play for Martin).

a) Whittaker preferred to stay at a lower league club
b) Whittaker was keen to go to WBA (press reports )
c) Whittaker was keen to go to Rangers (press reports )
d) Whittaker declined to play at QPR.

C Evidence. (Owners want see Whittaker play)

a) Whittaker brought back to the club for a successful loan
b) Whittiker instead of Ogbene is cheaper (no transfer fee)
c) Whittaker is on lower wages than Ogbene.
d) Whittaker is younger then Ogbene (higher potential)
e) Whittaker performed better in league 1 than Ogbene did.
f) Patterson and Obafemoi are up for sale. Whittaker is not being offered openly.
g) Swansea were going to play Whittaker v QPR.
h) Martin has talked of keeping Whittaker. No such talk for MO and JP.

Just opinions. No facts. Based on press which is not 100% reliable
[Post edited 22 Jan 2023 23:18]

Wise sage since Toshack era

Why Whittaker might stay. A fag packet analysis on 23:31 - Jan 22 with 1911 viewsSTID2017

I certainly agree that Whittaker
A) Wished to stay at Plymouth as he was enjoying himself.
However had that been another team in the lower leagues who was offered a transfer to after returning here earlier this month, would he have gone ?
B) He was keen to go to WBA. Quite possibly they could be viewed as a team with more potential to get to the PL ?
C) He was keen to go to Rangers. Again quite possibly as they are viewed as a big club.

The rest I would take with a large pinch of salt including what has been reported as being said by Martin.

All justt opinions, as you say.

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Why Whittaker might stay. A fag packet analysis on 09:29 - Jan 23 with 1731 viewsonehunglow

The F word

Dear God

Do they still have these in public schools ? It would explain much

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Why Whittaker might stay. A fag packet analysis on 09:35 - Jan 23 with 1736 viewsSTID2017

Why Whittaker might stay. A fag packet analysis on 09:29 - Jan 23 by onehunglow

The F word

Dear God

Do they still have these in public schools ? It would explain much

I hate that word too oddly enough.

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Why Whittaker might stay. A fag packet analysis on 09:47 - Jan 23 with 1704 viewsonehunglow

Why Whittaker might stay. A fag packet analysis on 09:35 - Jan 23 by STID2017

I hate that word too oddly enough.

That’s nothing.
We used to fed those brown round things made by Brains before a Saturday game at the Vetch.
My Nan swore by them although she swore about most things

Why Whittaker might stay. A fag packet analysis on 10:19 - Jan 23 with 1686 viewsjack247

The owners want to sell him because he’s a saleable asset and that’s how we operate. There’s no big conspiracy theory here.

If no one meets our valuation, he’ll be in the right frame of mind to play for us in two weeks time and they’ll try again in the summer.
Why Whittaker might stay. A fag packet analysis on 10:31 - Jan 23 with 1675 viewsBadlands

Why Whittaker might stay. A fag packet analysis on 10:19 - Jan 23 by jack247

The owners want to sell him because he’s a saleable asset and that’s how we operate. There’s no big conspiracy theory here.

If no one meets our valuation, he’ll be in the right frame of mind to play for us in two weeks time and they’ll try again in the summer.

Like Paterson and Obafemi
[Post edited 23 Jan 2023 10:31]

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Why Whittaker might stay. A fag packet analysis on 10:32 - Jan 23 with 1672 viewsFireboy2

This ^
Why Whittaker might stay. A fag packet analysis on 10:52 - Jan 23 with 1647 viewsBadlands

He's a saleable asset who Martin doesn’t want … so why hang on to him?
As Swans fans there is no club bigger or better than us (tho some on here make it sound like we a re a pub team) but for a player and neutral that is not the case.
He is definitely wanted by one bigger club with domestic and European trophy potential and reported as wanted by another bigger club with greater potential.
If the 'owners' were all about greed Piroe and Obafemi would have been sold in the summer.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Login to get fewer ads

Why Whittaker might stay. A fag packet analysis on 11:24 - Jan 23 with 1608 viewsguthrieintherain

My theory is a bit more straight forward.

Whittaker was sent on loan to improve he has.
Was then recalled to play unless a club met our valuation.

Same applies to any player.

Morgan wants to play for Rangers so refused to play Saturday bad advice from an agent.

Will be sold if valuation is met if not stays same applies to every player in the squad.

Poll: What will happen with Morgan Whittaker

Why Whittaker might stay. A fag packet analysis on 12:00 - Jan 23 with 1565 viewsheatwave

You could well be right.
However unless Martin is forced to play him. I don't see him playing.
Looking from outside there looks very love between them.
Again just an opinion.
Why Whittaker might stay. A fag packet analysis on 13:56 - Jan 23 with 1469 viewsReslovenSwan1

Why Whittaker might stay. A fag packet analysis on 12:00 - Jan 23 by heatwave

You could well be right.
However unless Martin is forced to play him. I don't see him playing.
Looking from outside there looks very love between them.
Again just an opinion.

I would take a completely different approach. A far tougher approach. This mean given player instructions rather than wanting their opinions.

Players should not be talking to Winter at all. Winter should be talking players he is not interested in speaking to them. I highlighted the Kris Petersen incident to the forum. That incident most probably ended the working relationship Winter had with Cooper. The January cluster flex 1.

Whitaker told Martin he was available. Then after discussions he had with others said he was not available by text.

If we assume Swansea do not need to sell as stated by the manager then perhaps Swansea have a minimal £300k budget available.

Give Patterson to Coventry free and bring in a young Championship ready wing back. That is good enough for me. Tell Obafemi and Whittaker to be ready for the next game. They are not going anywhere. Their best way out of this club is goals performances and good behaviour. A tough Monk / Brendan type compo would apply club values and discipline by force of will. Taking the easy option of "young men struggling to find a way in life" does not cut it,

If Swansea are desperate, sell Oba for £2.5m and bring back Joseph. Martin does well be freeing the in house players like Cabango Cooper and Benda. it took i him 12 months to get there.

Why Whittaker might stay. A fag packet analysis on 14:23 - Jan 23 with 1431 viewsonehunglow

Why Whittaker might stay. A fag packet analysis on 13:56 - Jan 23 by ReslovenSwan1

I would take a completely different approach. A far tougher approach. This mean given player instructions rather than wanting their opinions.

Players should not be talking to Winter at all. Winter should be talking players he is not interested in speaking to them. I highlighted the Kris Petersen incident to the forum. That incident most probably ended the working relationship Winter had with Cooper. The January cluster flex 1.

Whitaker told Martin he was available. Then after discussions he had with others said he was not available by text.

If we assume Swansea do not need to sell as stated by the manager then perhaps Swansea have a minimal £300k budget available.

Give Patterson to Coventry free and bring in a young Championship ready wing back. That is good enough for me. Tell Obafemi and Whittaker to be ready for the next game. They are not going anywhere. Their best way out of this club is goals performances and good behaviour. A tough Monk / Brendan type compo would apply club values and discipline by force of will. Taking the easy option of "young men struggling to find a way in life" does not cut it,

If Swansea are desperate, sell Oba for £2.5m and bring back Joseph. Martin does well be freeing the in house players like Cabango Cooper and Benda. it took i him 12 months to get there.

Agreed 100% .
Just why do we completely cut players off

Why Whittaker might stay. A fag packet analysis on 15:13 - Jan 23 with 1408 viewsPawelAbbott

Why Whittaker might stay. A fag packet analysis on 11:24 - Jan 23 by guthrieintherain

Morgan wants to play for Rangers so refused to play Saturday bad advice from an agent.

Will be sold if valuation is met if not stays same applies to every player in the squad.

If he plays for us this season then he can't play for anyone else this season. Players can't play for 3 teams in the same season
That would almost certainly end any speculation of him moving this window.
Why Whittaker might stay. A fag packet analysis on 16:13 - Jan 23 with 1353 viewsKeithHaynes

Why Whittaker might stay. A fag packet analysis on 14:23 - Jan 23 by onehunglow

Agreed 100% .
Just why do we completely cut players off

The club doesn’t need players who cause problems, you wouldn’t want people working alongside you affecting the status quo, the same in any company. Morgan wasn’t cut off he was sent out on loan and tripled his value through hard work and endeavour.

Obafemi is a fool and has disrupted his own career with an extremely bad attitude, and his enjoyment of playing a sport for a lot of money, same as Paterson.

Ogbeta isn’t good enough.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Why Whittaker might stay. A fag packet analysis on 16:24 - Jan 23 with 1331 viewsFireboy2

Why Whittaker might stay. A fag packet analysis on 15:13 - Jan 23 by PawelAbbott

If he plays for us this season then he can't play for anyone else this season. Players can't play for 3 teams in the same season
That would almost certainly end any speculation of him moving this window.

If he doesn't leave by Jan 31st he will play for us or go back to Plymouth.
Why Whittaker might stay. A fag packet analysis on 16:26 - Jan 23 with 1328 viewsKeithHaynes

Why Whittaker might stay. A fag packet analysis on 16:24 - Jan 23 by Fireboy2

If he doesn't leave by Jan 31st he will play for us or go back to Plymouth.

Exactly, his only other options is to sign for another club, get registered with them and sit out the rest of the season.

Why Whittaker might stay. A fag packet analysis on 16:57 - Jan 23 with 1291 viewsandrew

Conclusion, you just wasted 16 minutes of your life typing that because you could be wrong on all counts.

Poll: Can’t see the new guy coming in to sit on the bench so, who’s off?

Why Whittaker might stay. A fag packet analysis on 18:08 - Jan 23 with 1236 viewsFireboy2

Why Whittaker might stay. A fag packet analysis on 16:57 - Jan 23 by andrew

Conclusion, you just wasted 16 minutes of your life typing that because you could be wrong on all counts.

🤣🤣🤣
Why Whittaker might stay. A fag packet analysis on 18:32 - Jan 23 with 1205 viewsonehunglow

Why Whittaker might stay. A fag packet analysis on 16:13 - Jan 23 by KeithHaynes

The club doesn’t need players who cause problems, you wouldn’t want people working alongside you affecting the status quo, the same in any company. Morgan wasn’t cut off he was sent out on loan and tripled his value through hard work and endeavour.

Obafemi is a fool and has disrupted his own career with an extremely bad attitude, and his enjoyment of playing a sport for a lot of money, same as Paterson.

Ogbeta isn’t good enough.

Thanks

Why Whittaker might stay. A fag packet analysis on 18:42 - Jan 23 with 1191 viewsmax936

Why Whittaker might stay. A fag packet analysis on 16:57 - Jan 23 by andrew

That's more than a fair assumption considering his previous record of being wrong on 99% of everything else

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Why Whittaker might stay. A fag packet analysis on 19:04 - Jan 23 with 1170 viewsKeithHaynes

Why Whittaker might stay. A fag packet analysis on 18:32 - Jan 23 by onehunglow

Thanks

Always happy to clear up the cloudy / foggy evenings.

Why Whittaker might stay. A fag packet analysis on 19:11 - Jan 23 with 1161 viewsReslovenSwan1

Why Whittaker might stay. A fag packet analysis on 18:42 - Jan 23 by max936

That's more than a fair assumption considering his previous record of being wrong on 99% of everything else

What is a waste for me is decided by me nobody else. I enjoyed the process and the time writing. No one has to agree. South Wales people in my experience dislike perceived narratives being challenged as with the mono political culture. It is a weakness.

I do not run down other posters. I called the SCST members dim because they were. I do not expect them to like it.

Close on 800 views and 21 comments. Well worth it. Opinions with supporting evidence.

Why Whittaker might stay. A fag packet analysis on 19:52 - Jan 23 with 1119 viewsSullutaCreturned

Why Whittaker might stay. A fag packet analysis on 11:24 - Jan 23 by guthrieintherain

We don't need any long, drawn out theories, just like on the pitch, we don't need to over coplcate things. We can just keep it simple like Guthrie has and I agree with him 100%

If Rangers don't offer enough Whittaker stays, if Burnley don't offer enough Obafemi stays.

The real shame here is these two young men appear to have burned some bridges and for Obafemi there may be no way back now. lets hope if Whittaker is still here he makes a better decision.
It looks like Burnley are going elsewhere now and is that because the player is juts as good but cheaper? Maybe there's a third bit to that pie, maybe they see Obafemi as a potentila troublemaker for what he's done here and now think there are better options.

Agents, still giving self serving advice to young men with no thought for anything but how much money they can make for themselves!
Why Whittaker might stay. A fag packet analysis on 20:05 - Jan 23 with 1100 viewsonehunglow

Why Whittaker might stay. A fag packet analysis on 19:04 - Jan 23 by KeithHaynes

Always happy to clear up the cloudy / foggy evenings.

I ll let the magnificent Scott Walker reply

Why Whittaker might stay. A fag packet analysis on 20:55 - Jan 23 with 1062 viewsmajorraglan

Maybe Whittaker was told he was coming back to contest a spot in the first team squad after doing well in Plymouth. You’ve got a future here etc.....

Maybe Whitaker was told about the interest from other clubs, that it was early days but the Swans were now interested in selling.

Maybe Whitaker was told he’d be travelling with the match day squad, but whatever happened he wouldn’t get on the pitch because it would prevent any sale subsequent going through.

Maybe Whitaker then became a tad disillusioned as traveling could be a complete waste of his time as whatever happened, he’d not get the chance to show what he could do on the pitch.

Who knows, maybe this is the wrong end of the stick, but what we can see there appear to be several players at the club who, on the face of it should be in or around the first team and aren’t.

Something needs to be done.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024