Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
No mention of Trust AGM? 10:04 - Nov 27 with 3101 viewsUxbridge

Surprised that pretty much nothing has been written about what was a very interesting AGM on Monday at the Lib, especially as there was some interesting details coming out of it. In no particular order …

- Club accept that Europa ticket prices have been too high and if we qualify again will be roughly a tenner cheaper across the board.

- Regarding stadium expansion, one of the options on the table is that club might focus on putting an extra 1500 seats or so into the concourse initially before building anything else. Not confirmed by any means but maybe the East stand expansion as the first phase of the project is not as certain to press ahead this summer as press comments had led to believe. I’d be disappointed if this was the case. Big capital expenditure of course, but my view is that it’s now becoming the priority for the club to significantly increase the number of seats rather than something we want to happen. We’ll see.

- No future dividend currently proposed. Did ask about Trust position on how they’d vote and basically not yet decided (reading between the lines of the comments from the Trust board there sounds like there has been some heated discussion on the topic prior to the meeting). Some discussion about whether it should be for Trust members or the board to decide whether to accept or not (I’d be inclined to at least ask the membership the question of whether it should go to the members) and a straw poll was taken about whether to accept or not (very small sample so hardly representative, but generally in favour of approving one).

- Fairwood is months away from completion rather than years. Sounds like could be online by next season.

- U21 games aren’t played at Landore to avoid overuse. Will be reviewed once Fairwood online.

- Club will look into issue of whether non-refundable deposits on season tickets could be paid with balance to be paid later in year. Valid concerns about whether people will pull out if we get relegated but then counterargument of setting them at certain level so that beneficial for everyone. 4 and 10 month finance options still available.

- Trust accounts are now online. Had a quick glance and I dare say the 2002 version of the Trust would be somewhat envious!

I’ve probably forgotten a few things, but anyway very interesting meeting and just goes to show the value of having the Supporters Trust as this sort of information just wouldn't get out to the public without it.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

No mention of Trust AGM? on 11:04 - Nov 27 with 2507 viewscockneyswan

Thanks for the report,

I agree the Trust is an important asset for the "grass roots" supporters, long may it continue.
No mention of Trust AGM? on 11:09 - Nov 27 with 2490 viewsField_Of_Dreams_II

Why are the club handing out free tickets to the dvla if expansion is being shelved (again)?

At least the board will have made a tidy couple of million each in dividends off the back of premiership.

Nice work lads.
[Post edited 27 Nov 2013 11:09]

Poll: What would you rather see.....

No mention of Trust AGM? on 11:17 - Nov 27 with 2457 viewsDevz00

Cheers Ux. A lot of good information there, some promising. The main thing for me is we have to expand. We simply have to do it and do it sooner rather than later.

Genetically, paedophiles have more genes in common with crabs than they do with you and me. Now that is scientific fact. There's no real evidence for it, but it is scientific fact.

No mention of Trust AGM? on 11:35 - Nov 27 with 2424 viewsSTEVE1

No mention of Trust AGM? on 11:17 - Nov 27 by Devz00

Cheers Ux. A lot of good information there, some promising. The main thing for me is we have to expand. We simply have to do it and do it sooner rather than later.

It is a no brainer to me all the outlay will be recouped over the years and we can do these promotions if needed in the right way.
No mention of Trust AGM? on 11:40 - Nov 27 with 2409 viewscockneyswan

No mention of Trust AGM? on 11:35 - Nov 27 by STEVE1

It is a no brainer to me all the outlay will be recouped over the years and we can do these promotions if needed in the right way.

I agree, so long as Team strength is the 1st priority, we dont want to do a "Wolves" do we?
No mention of Trust AGM? on 11:51 - Nov 27 with 2382 viewswhiterock

No mention of Trust AGM? on 11:40 - Nov 27 by cockneyswan

I agree, so long as Team strength is the 1st priority, we dont want to do a "Wolves" do we?

Agreed, training complexes in Landore and Fairwood had to be done, staying in the division has to be a priority too
No mention of Trust AGM? on 11:58 - Nov 27 with 2356 viewsFearOfAJackPlanet

Stadium expansion shouldn't be open to question - at least the initial phase. Even if it impacts on 1st team transfer budget. That's right, even if it means a temporary reduction in transfer budget. The irony on that front of course is that our ability to compete financially with other clubs will continue to be hampered by our capacity restraints. It will undoubtedly be difficult to juggle all demands on funds, but let's not chuck one of the balls away as a solution.

Along with the training facilities, the Sky riches should be used without question to grow an expanded, enthused generation of Swansea City fans that will benefit the club for decades. This can only be done in conjunction with an expanded stadium. Heck, there are even countless existing fans that are put off by the current situation.

Adding 1500 seats by taking away the concourse won't cut it. A club run for the fans? Only if you're already in the club it seems.

Enjoying the next level
Poll: Have you ever seen Swansea City relegated before?

No mention of Trust AGM? on 11:58 - Nov 27 with 2356 viewsUxbridge

The thing for me is that we're always a season away from relegation. By that logic we'd never extend the capacity.

Of course maintaining our PL status is absolutely imperative but so is extending capacity IMO. To be honest I think they go hand in hand anyway.

Login to get fewer ads

No mention of Trust AGM? on 12:01 - Nov 27 with 2347 viewscockneyswan

No mention of Trust AGM? on 11:51 - Nov 27 by whiterock

Agreed, training complexes in Landore and Fairwood had to be done, staying in the division has to be a priority too

Agreed training complexes very important, build the club from strong foundations, start producing more young talent.
I dont believe we can rely on the imports forever, eventualy for the Spaniards staying in Spain will become more atractive.

Keeping "strong" in the Prem is the "key" to everything else, ground expansion etc.
No mention of Trust AGM? on 12:05 - Nov 27 with 2332 views_

Was funding for the expansion discussed, be it from income received, jointly funded (Stadco) or sponsor led?

Also, has there been any mention since of the official shirt sponsor that was? The one we were all guessing was lined up instead of GWFX, that maybe would have had a tie in with stadium expansion and the costing of that?

Its very worrying that they're looking at the 1500 concourse seats, knowing the dilly-dally nature of the board, I would guess that option is odds on favourite as to what we'll get next and for the foreseeable future :-(

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

No mention of Trust AGM? on 12:26 - Nov 27 with 2262 viewsSpratty

No mention of Trust AGM? on 12:05 - Nov 27 by _

Was funding for the expansion discussed, be it from income received, jointly funded (Stadco) or sponsor led?

Also, has there been any mention since of the official shirt sponsor that was? The one we were all guessing was lined up instead of GWFX, that maybe would have had a tie in with stadium expansion and the costing of that?

Its very worrying that they're looking at the 1500 concourse seats, knowing the dilly-dally nature of the board, I would guess that option is odds on favourite as to what we'll get next and for the foreseeable future :-(

Thanks for report

oops didn't mean to quote T2C
[Post edited 27 Nov 2013 12:28]
No mention of Trust AGM? on 12:57 - Nov 27 with 2203 viewsUxbridge

No mention of Trust AGM? on 12:05 - Nov 27 by _

Well it'd never be jointly funded in that sense, but yes there was mention of the possibility of a funding tie-up with the WAG, which I must admit rather surprised me. The impression I got was that it would be driven by income of some sort (Sky or sponsorship) rather than getting into debt, but that's as far as we went.

No mention about the shirt sponsorship debacle. I could have raised the question but a) I forgot and b) maybe it's a question for the likes of Huw J rather than Huw C. Suspect I would have got a very candid answer if I had asked though, which is the sort of thing that really impresses me about these events.

On the stadium expansion, I should say that it was just one option highlighted. I wasn't given the impression either way if filling in the concourse was the preferred option or not.

No mention of Trust AGM? on 14:24 - Nov 27 with 2116 viewsSwanzay

We are bottom of the Premier League attendances this season, by quite a considerable margin, good arguement for extending?
Although I did hear on the grape vine last week. That the extension was on hold as they cant sell out for the lesser clubs and wanted to tackle that issue first:-

16 West Bromwich Albion 150,055 25,009
17 Fulham 149,794 24,965
18 Hull City 142,038 23,673
19 Crystal Palace 138,584 23,097
20 Swansea City 122,139 20,356

http://espnfc.com/stats/attendance/_/league/eng.1/barclays-premier-league
No mention of Trust AGM? on 20:50 - Nov 27 with 1986 viewsPhil_S

Cheers for the update don't think there was anything missed in what was discussed

Some interesting comments around definitely was pleased to hear the comment about admittance that the pricing was wrong for games - now we have to not repeat the same mistakes
No mention of Trust AGM? on 22:20 - Nov 27 with 1911 viewsUxbridge

No mention of Trust AGM? on 20:50 - Nov 27 by Phil_S

Cheers for the update don't think there was anything missed in what was discussed

Some interesting comments around definitely was pleased to hear the comment about admittance that the pricing was wrong for games - now we have to not repeat the same mistakes

My thoughts exactly, particularly the last part.

No mention of Trust AGM? on 00:31 - Nov 28 with 1852 viewsSwansNZ

No mention of Trust AGM? on 14:24 - Nov 27 by Swanzay

We are bottom of the Premier League attendances this season, by quite a considerable margin, good arguement for extending?
Although I did hear on the grape vine last week. That the extension was on hold as they cant sell out for the lesser clubs and wanted to tackle that issue first:-

16 West Bromwich Albion 150,055 25,009
17 Fulham 149,794 24,965
18 Hull City 142,038 23,673
19 Crystal Palace 138,584 23,097
20 Swansea City 122,139 20,356

http://espnfc.com/stats/attendance/_/league/eng.1/barclays-premier-league

"the extension was on hold as they cant sell out for the lesser clubs and wanted to tackle that issue first"

Has the away team sold all it's allocation for these games? I'd have thought the home support is maybe a few hundred down for these "lesser" games? hardly a reason not to expand.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

No mention of Trust AGM? on 06:24 - Nov 28 with 1795 viewsDr_Winston

The number of people shitting themselves about being a couple of hundred short of a sellout in a few games and using it as a reason to claim we don't need to expand depresses me.

Mind you, if the club are stupid enough to expand capacity whilst retaining their existing pricing policy, which is something we can't rule out at this point, then maybe they're right to be nervous.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

No mention of Trust AGM? on 09:53 - Nov 28 with 1523 viewsDevz00

Yesterday, a friend of mine summed up a few of the major concerns I have if we don't expand.

1. He asked if any of us (through a group text message) who hadn't had a ticket for Valencia yet, were interested in going to the game last minute. He didn't want to just go on his own and he wanted to try and get a seat sitting with a mate.

OK, this may not have been a major issue in this situation as most of the boys have their tickets and the ones who don't usually go weren't interested so for this game he'd be on his own anyway, but shows that people do want to be able to sit with mates.

2. I then told him the price of a ticket. "No chance" was his response. Watch it on TV etc.

3. "I may get a season ticket next season now I'm stopping playing football" was his next sentence. "Much cheaper than paying the match day prices" etc. Then he was told about the apparent waiting list. This was met with a "WTF" response.

The thing is, these people have been before, not hardcore Swans fans but have an interest. They could be swayed into becoming real fans eventually. We need to expand and it's really annoying me that it's taking so long.

Apparently Cardiff are expanding readyfor next season. Work starting towards the end of this season ready for next season. They could be in the relegation zone but are doing it anyway. So why not us?
[Post edited 28 Nov 2013 9:53]

Genetically, paedophiles have more genes in common with crabs than they do with you and me. Now that is scientific fact. There's no real evidence for it, but it is scientific fact.

No mention of Trust AGM? on 10:02 - Nov 28 with 1500 viewsUxbridge

Difference is they've got no worries about going into hock to pay for things. That gives a certain freedom.

I thin it's a good point that people see value in the season ticket prices but not in paying £35 for the likes of Stoke and West Ham. Must admit I'd have second thoughts of buying individual tickets if I didn't have my seezie, especially as everything's on the telly. Especially as you can't easily sit by your mates. I do worry that message isn't understood at the club.

No mention of Trust AGM? on 10:12 - Nov 28 with 1460 viewsDevz00

No mention of Trust AGM? on 10:02 - Nov 28 by Uxbridge

Difference is they've got no worries about going into hock to pay for things. That gives a certain freedom.

I thin it's a good point that people see value in the season ticket prices but not in paying £35 for the likes of Stoke and West Ham. Must admit I'd have second thoughts of buying individual tickets if I didn't have my seezie, especially as everything's on the telly. Especially as you can't easily sit by your mates. I do worry that message isn't understood at the club.

Yeah fair point on Cardiff not worry about debt. I guess my point is more to do with echoing something that, I think it was yourself, said previously: if we are waiting to ensure we are safe each year before expanding then it will never be done. It will go around in circles.

A season ticket works out at less than £24 a game. That's brilliant value. I understand why they charge a lot more on match day - there's hardly any available seats left so people will pay. But I hoped that with more seats in the stadium, there'd be more season ticket holders plus more tickets available for match day so we could then reduce the match day prices a little. It's working out at £36.50 and £46.50 per ticket for me whenever I am home.
[Post edited 28 Nov 2013 10:13]

No mention of Trust AGM? on 10:19 - Nov 28 with 1449 viewsUxbridge

No mention of Trust AGM? on 10:12 - Nov 28 by Devz00

Yeah fair point on Cardiff not worry about debt. I guess my point is more to do with echoing something that, I think it was yourself, said previously: if we are waiting to ensure we are safe each year before expanding then it will never be done. It will go around in circles.

A season ticket works out at less than £24 a game. That's brilliant value. I understand why they charge a lot more on match day - there's hardly any available seats left so people will pay. But I hoped that with more seats in the stadium, there'd be more season ticket holders plus more tickets available for match day so we could then reduce the match day prices a little. It's working out at £36.50 and £46.50 per ticket for me whenever I am home.
[Post edited 28 Nov 2013 10:13]

To be honest I think ticket prices are too high across the board, or at least I'd like to see them lowered ... immediately in the case of individual match tickets and once extra capacity with season tickets. However given full capacity it's difficult to argue at the moment.

No mention of Trust AGM? on 10:48 - Nov 28 with 1409 viewsDevz00

No mention of Trust AGM? on 10:19 - Nov 28 by Uxbridge

To be honest I think ticket prices are too high across the board, or at least I'd like to see them lowered ... immediately in the case of individual match tickets and once extra capacity with season tickets. However given full capacity it's difficult to argue at the moment.

I guess if match day prices come down then so will season tickets. In order to keep season tickets attractive.

No mention of Trust AGM? on 17:19 - Nov 28 with 1339 viewsSwansNZ

No mention of Trust AGM? on 11:58 - Nov 27 by Uxbridge

The thing for me is that we're always a season away from relegation. By that logic we'd never extend the capacity.

Of course maintaining our PL status is absolutely imperative but so is extending capacity IMO. To be honest I think they go hand in hand anyway.

Totally agree about us always being 1 season away from relegation. Only the top/big 7 clubs will start the season with their first aim to win the title or qualify for Champions League etc. All the other clubs start with the "main" aim being survival.

Unless we can totally build an extension in 2 months, then we'll always have to have some risk. As long as it's within the budget, then build it and they will come!!

No mention of Trust AGM? on 17:22 - Nov 28 with 1334 viewsDr_Winston

No mention of Trust AGM? on 17:19 - Nov 28 by SwansNZ

Totally agree about us always being 1 season away from relegation. Only the top/big 7 clubs will start the season with their first aim to win the title or qualify for Champions League etc. All the other clubs start with the "main" aim being survival.

Unless we can totally build an extension in 2 months, then we'll always have to have some risk. As long as it's within the budget, then build it and they will come!!

Build it, charge sensible prices and they will come.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

No mention of Trust AGM? on 17:26 - Nov 28 with 1328 viewsSwansNZ

No mention of Trust AGM? on 17:22 - Nov 28 by Dr_Winston

Build it, charge sensible prices and they will come.

Yeah, I can see that charging 70 quid for a couple of tickets for a night game against Hull which is live on TV might put some people off. Maybe they can give 1,000 free to the DVLA

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024