Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Williams 15:09 - Mar 4 with 1992 viewscaerleon_jack

Sorry if Ferdy but he is fit to play for Wales on Wednesday.

I guess there's zero chance of Coleman doing us a favour and not playing him for the full 90 minutes when he could do with a rest...

Insert something witty here

Williams on 15:26 - Mar 4 with 1507 viewsscottishjack

What if Ash has turned up at the Wales camp wanting to play?

Just playing devil's advocate here, but that qualifying group has given Wales half a chance of getting to France 2016. Captaining your country at their first major finals in nearly 60 years might appeal to him...
Williams on 15:29 - Mar 4 with 1499 viewspencoedjack

Williams on 15:26 - Mar 4 by scottishjack

What if Ash has turned up at the Wales camp wanting to play?

Just playing devil's advocate here, but that qualifying group has given Wales half a chance of getting to France 2016. Captaining your country at their first major finals in nearly 60 years might appeal to him...

I think the majority of Basseys don't think it is 'his country'.

Jacks 1st
Wales 2nd

As far as I am concerned.
Williams on 15:32 - Mar 4 with 1484 viewsscottishjack

Williams on 15:29 - Mar 4 by pencoedjack

I think the majority of Basseys don't think it is 'his country'.

Jacks 1st
Wales 2nd

As far as I am concerned.

Mate, I'm Scottish and couldn't care less about Wales qualifying, just saying that Ash might care.
Williams on 15:58 - Mar 4 with 1434 viewsmatt_the_jack

What about Wilfried Bony?

One again all Europe will hear, the Swansea City sound
Blog: Swans Away Days In Europe

Williams on 16:00 - Mar 4 with 1426 viewsLohengrin

Representing your country is a massive honour. Who wouldn't want that?

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Williams on 16:12 - Mar 4 with 1403 viewspencoedjack

Williams on 15:32 - Mar 4 by scottishjack

Mate, I'm Scottish and couldn't care less about Wales qualifying, just saying that Ash might care.

I guessed mate (the user name was a give away) it wasn't a dig
Williams on 16:28 - Mar 4 with 1358 viewsmonmouth

If Coleman had anything about him at all he would tell williams he needs a rest and put his feet up. Given that Coleman is a total c**t as far as we are concerned he will play him for the full 90.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Williams on 16:39 - Mar 4 with 1332 viewsmatt_the_jack

Williams on 16:28 - Mar 4 by monmouth

If Coleman had anything about him at all he would tell williams he needs a rest and put his feet up. Given that Coleman is a total c**t as far as we are concerned he will play him for the full 90.

Like he did against Macedonia home and Belgium away? When he didn't play in either game?

What are your feelings on Wilfried Bony and playing for Ivory Coast?

Login to get fewer ads

Williams on 16:43 - Mar 4 with 1314 viewsmonmouth

Williams on 16:39 - Mar 4 by matt_the_jack

Like he did against Macedonia home and Belgium away? When he didn't play in either game?

What are your feelings on Wilfried Bony and playing for Ivory Coast?

Exactly the same. I don't care about Wales' friendly or the Ivory Coast. If it was a Wales qualifying game and they were in contention I would have a different view. Let's see what Coleman does then, and if Ash doesn't play I'll be a lot more impressed with him.

Williams on 16:46 - Mar 4 with 1294 viewsmatt_the_jack

Williams on 16:43 - Mar 4 by monmouth

Exactly the same. I don't care about Wales' friendly or the Ivory Coast. If it was a Wales qualifying game and they were in contention I would have a different view. Let's see what Coleman does then, and if Ash doesn't play I'll be a lot more impressed with him.

Williams has said in the past himself that if he's fit for Wales he'll play. But Coleman didn't play him in the last two qualifying matches, which people seem to forget.

Just wondered about Bony as people only ever seem to comment about Williams and playing International friendlies

Williams on 16:53 - Mar 4 with 1270 viewsjudgejonevs

This is a meaningless friendly and not even in the middle of a qualifying campaign. Coleman isn't going to find out anything he doesn't already know about ash. He should be rested end of, anything else is plain stupidity he's potentially played more game time than any other Wales player. Any decision to play him by Coleman would be reckless and churlish.

Life is too short !!!!!!!!! Swansea til I die...........

Williams on 16:53 - Mar 4 with 1268 viewsmonmouth

Williams on 16:46 - Mar 4 by matt_the_jack

Williams has said in the past himself that if he's fit for Wales he'll play. But Coleman didn't play him in the last two qualifying matches, which people seem to forget.

Just wondered about Bony as people only ever seem to comment about Williams and playing International friendlies

...And I had forgotten! Williams would play every game if he could. Sometimes others need to take a view for his own good. I feel exactly the same about Michu...you just can't leave the decision up to these sort of players, they would kill themselves before stopping. If anything, I feel more strongly about Bony this week because of the travel, but at least there is a potential benefit for him if he can stick one in the net, because strikers gain their confidence from that..

Williams on 16:55 - Mar 4 with 1253 viewsmatt_the_jack

Williams on 16:53 - Mar 4 by judgejonevs

This is a meaningless friendly and not even in the middle of a qualifying campaign. Coleman isn't going to find out anything he doesn't already know about ash. He should be rested end of, anything else is plain stupidity he's potentially played more game time than any other Wales player. Any decision to play him by Coleman would be reckless and churlish.

What about the other players we have on International duty?

Williams on 16:56 - Mar 4 with 1251 viewsunion_jack

See Ledley's got the right idea!

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Williams on 17:08 - Mar 4 with 1206 viewslonglostjack

They should play these meaningless friendlies in the summer holidays.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Williams on 17:10 - Mar 4 with 1192 viewsLeonisGod

Many players still think its the greatest honour to play for your country and in Ash's case you can see how proud he is to be captain. The managers i've always had the greatest respect for recognise how important it is to the players and let them get on with it.

Given the state Ash was in on Sunday, i am rather surprised he's in for Wednesday (if that's the case). But if Ash, the club and the medical people on both sides are happy with him, then there's no reason why he shouldn't play. And there's another 10 days afterwards for recovery, so it's no big deal.
Williams on 19:07 - Mar 4 with 1058 viewspansypants

Nothing like playing for your country. Ash has the best of everything as a pro football player, rest, nutrition, physios etc etc

He WANTS to play

Poll: Sick of the media love in with Brazil?

Williams on 19:21 - Mar 4 with 1035 viewsmax936

Williams on 19:07 - Mar 4 by pansypants

Nothing like playing for your country. Ash has the best of everything as a pro football player, rest, nutrition, physios etc etc

He WANTS to play

Dicky normally I'd agree, but he's had an injury or two this season, plus he wasn't well Sunday and what people seem to be missing is that he's played 50+ games already with 10 more important ones to come, on top of that he isn't getting any younger, that said, he's almost certain to play tomorrow in any case, but he'd benefit more from a good rest until the W Brom game.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Williams on 19:24 - Mar 4 with 1024 viewspansypants

Williams on 19:21 - Mar 4 by max936

Dicky normally I'd agree, but he's had an injury or two this season, plus he wasn't well Sunday and what people seem to be missing is that he's played 50+ games already with 10 more important ones to come, on top of that he isn't getting any younger, that said, he's almost certain to play tomorrow in any case, but he'd benefit more from a good rest until the W Brom game.

I understand but he is captain and loves the "captain of wales " chant. Massive egos these footballers so he' ll want tp play. It's only 90 minutes mun! We work far harder than him

Poll: Sick of the media love in with Brazil?

Williams on 19:28 - Mar 4 with 1014 viewsmax936

Williams on 19:24 - Mar 4 by pansypants

I understand but he is captain and loves the "captain of wales " chant. Massive egos these footballers so he' ll want tp play. It's only 90 minutes mun! We work far harder than him

If it was a quailfier I'd agree.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Williams on 20:12 - Mar 4 with 945 viewsmart6

Williams on 15:58 - Mar 4 by matt_the_jack

What about Wilfried Bony?

Not qualified for Wales
Williams on 20:29 - Mar 4 with 906 viewscaerleon_jack

I have no problem with Ash playing, but I'd like to see Coleman take him off after 60-70 minutes and not play him for the full game.

I'd rather Bony wasn't jetting off, but then his situation is slightly different. Although it's a friendly it could be his opportunity to book a place in the World Cup squad and I'm sure we'd all love to see Swansea's record signing play on the highest international stage.

Insert something witty here

Williams on 07:33 - Mar 5 with 741 viewsQuakerJack

I think he wants to play. I don't see how you can be ill on the pitch on Sunday after two games in 3 days, then recover another 3 days later to play for Wales.

I admire Ash's commitment, if Wales had another 10 of him we'd have a very decent consistent 11. However, when you throw up as i understand he did, you lose fluids, you dehydrate and it has an instant effect on muscles. Ash might feel fit but he's not had long enough off. He probably won't have eaten until 24 hrs after he threw up. Playing 90 mins here would, imo, leave him so fatigued that by the weekend he'll be goosed.

Out of interest, have we missed the cut off point to appeal chico's red? Nota ppenalty and players were already behind the ball so not last man. Even if it was fruitless, Andy Carroll set a precedent so chico should not get an extended ban. Might be badly needed on saturday.

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

Williams on 09:17 - Mar 5 with 689 viewsDevz00

Ash wants to play for Wales. It would have been easy for him to pull out of this game because he came off the pitch against Palace with illness and couldn't finish the game. On the other side, you have Joe Ledley who played the full 90 minutes for Palace yet he is unavailable for tonight's game due to "picking up a knock" in our game.

Nobody should doubt Ash's commitment to Wales. He wants to play in every game. It annoys me when the cardiff lot go on about him being English, he shows a lot more commitment and passion on international duty than a some other born and bread Welshmen.
[Post edited 5 Mar 2014 9:20]

Genetically, paedophiles have more genes in common with crabs than they do with you and me. Now that is scientific fact. There's no real evidence for it, but it is scientific fact.

Williams on 09:48 - Mar 5 with 653 viewsBackHeel

Williams on 09:17 - Mar 5 by Devz00

Ash wants to play for Wales. It would have been easy for him to pull out of this game because he came off the pitch against Palace with illness and couldn't finish the game. On the other side, you have Joe Ledley who played the full 90 minutes for Palace yet he is unavailable for tonight's game due to "picking up a knock" in our game.

Nobody should doubt Ash's commitment to Wales. He wants to play in every game. It annoys me when the cardiff lot go on about him being English, he shows a lot more commitment and passion on international duty than a some other born and bread Welshmen.
[Post edited 5 Mar 2014 9:20]

....worried about this, how long is Chico's ban going to be? and is Bartley fit again? (thought he looked good against Everton)
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024