Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tom Cleverley 22:46 - Jun 22 with 4867 viewsDrizzy

Would love him down there. Very tidy midfielder who's taken a lot of unwarranted criticism for a 24 year old.

Thoughts?

Poll: PlanetSwans Tw*t of the Year 2018

Tom Cleverley on 22:47 - Jun 22 with 3564 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

He'd be an improvement on what we have but I think we have other areas of the team that require strengthening more than central midfield.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Tom Cleverley on 22:49 - Jun 22 with 3547 viewsDrizzy

Tom Cleverley on 22:47 - Jun 22 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

He'd be an improvement on what we have but I think we have other areas of the team that require strengthening more than central midfield.

Well that depends, if a decent offer comes in for Ki I think he'll be gone. The rumours of Canas' tantrums don't bode well for his future here and Britton is another year older.

Tom Cleverley on 22:50 - Jun 22 with 3541 viewsSTEVE1

No
Tom Cleverley on 22:52 - Jun 22 with 3533 viewsDarran

Tom Cleverley on 22:50 - Jun 22 by STEVE1

No

He's a good player.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Tom Cleverley on 23:00 - Jun 22 with 3478 viewsraynor94

I think it's a good shout, he's the right age and a club like us can give him the platform to perform

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Tom Cleverley on 23:03 - Jun 22 with 3462 viewsSTEVE1

Tom Cleverley on 22:52 - Jun 22 by Darran

He's a good player.

He is but I would not want him for what he is likely to cost in saying that I said the same about shelvey last summer and am delighted to say I was wrong.
Tom Cleverley on 23:24 - Jun 22 with 3407 viewsGeoffThom

Overrated and one of the reasons utd were crap last year
Tom Cleverley on 23:34 - Jun 22 with 3381 viewsDyfnant

If he wasn't English, he would've been bombed out of old Trafford long ago. JJS is better

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Login to get fewer ads

Tom Cleverley on 23:36 - Jun 22 with 3374 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Tom Cleverley on 23:34 - Jun 22 by Dyfnant

If he wasn't English, he would've been bombed out of old Trafford long ago. JJS is better

JJS is English and he was bombed out of Liverpool long ago.

Tom Cleverley on 23:42 - Jun 22 with 3356 viewslondonlisa2001

Tom Cleverley on 23:36 - Jun 22 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

JJS is English and he was bombed out of Liverpool long ago.

Last summer you mean, and they wanted him to stay and he chose to move to play. I'm not saying he would have been in their first choice team but he certainly wasn't bombed out.
Tom Cleverley on 01:24 - Jun 23 with 3301 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Tom Cleverley on 23:42 - Jun 22 by londonlisa2001

Last summer you mean, and they wanted him to stay and he chose to move to play. I'm not saying he would have been in their first choice team but he certainly wasn't bombed out.

If they wanted him to stay they would have rejected the offer and made him stay / offer him a new deal. Liverpool weren't forced to accept the offer.

I'm sure they wouldn't have minded him staying, he'd have been a decent 5th or 6th choice centre midfielder for them but let's not pretend Shelvey forced the move or anything similar.

Tom Cleverley on 03:43 - Jun 23 with 3257 viewsItchySphincter

Doesn't he have something wrong with his bowel?

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Tom Cleverley on 06:31 - Jun 23 with 3219 viewsraynor94

Tom Cleverley on 03:43 - Jun 23 by ItchySphincter

Doesn't he have something wrong with his bowel?

That's Darren fletcher

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Tom Cleverley on 06:34 - Jun 23 with 3207 viewsDyfnant

Tom Cleverley on 01:24 - Jun 23 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

If they wanted him to stay they would have rejected the offer and made him stay / offer him a new deal. Liverpool weren't forced to accept the offer.

I'm sure they wouldn't have minded him staying, he'd have been a decent 5th or 6th choice centre midfielder for them but let's not pretend Shelvey forced the move or anything similar.

Let's not pretend that bares any relevance to the TC situation

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Tom Cleverley on 09:27 - Jun 23 with 3033 viewspremierjack

Tom cleverly is a better player than jjs!!!

Saying that, either of them could have gone to brazil because they are both better than Jordan Henderson!
Tom Cleverley on 10:21 - Jun 23 with 2968 viewsDrizzy

It's absolutely amazing what media hype can do to people's perception of a player. It's the reason why the likes of Rooney are considered world class when they're far from it.

JJS is a great comparison who was a bit of laughing stock when he was at Liverpool and it wasn't based on talent. He's the perfect example of what a change of scenery and regular football in this Swansea side can do.

Cleverley is no world beater but to suggest he was one of the main reasons for United's collapse this season is absolutely ludicrous.

Tom Cleverley on 10:32 - Jun 23 with 2953 viewsJackSomething

I don't think it would happen, but if we could get him for the same sort of money we got Shelvey for, I'd be delighted. He's older than JJS, but there's still potential there.

A decent young player who was excellent away from Old Trafford, especially in helping Wigan avoid relegation. Not progressed as a player since, maybe because he's not good enough for the club, maybe because of the pressure of playing for Man United, maybe because he's playing in a crap midfield.

At the right price, he's very much the kind of signing we like. Although, as has been said, not in a priority position. More so if we ship Ki out and don't sign JDG though.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Tom Cleverley on 11:01 - Jun 23 with 2904 viewsTheClash

No he is not a good player ,looked crap for Utd and England rather Siggy

The Future is tomorrow's today!

Tom Cleverley on 11:03 - Jun 23 with 2898 viewsDrizzy

Tom Cleverley on 11:01 - Jun 23 by TheClash

No he is not a good player ,looked crap for Utd and England rather Siggy

OK that's that then.

Tom Cleverley on 11:48 - Jun 23 with 2836 viewswaynekerr55

Tom Cleverley on 10:21 - Jun 23 by Drizzy

It's absolutely amazing what media hype can do to people's perception of a player. It's the reason why the likes of Rooney are considered world class when they're far from it.

JJS is a great comparison who was a bit of laughing stock when he was at Liverpool and it wasn't based on talent. He's the perfect example of what a change of scenery and regular football in this Swansea side can do.

Cleverley is no world beater but to suggest he was one of the main reasons for United's collapse this season is absolutely ludicrous.

I know you're going to tell me off for this, but...

"Cleverley is no world beater but to suggest he was one of the main reasons for United's collapse this season is absolutely ludicrous."

I wholeheartedly agree as the main reason for their demise was one genius jock being replaced by a clueless jock. End of discussion

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Tom Cleverley on 11:57 - Jun 23 with 2816 viewsJackSomething

Tom Cleverley on 11:48 - Jun 23 by waynekerr55

I know you're going to tell me off for this, but...

"Cleverley is no world beater but to suggest he was one of the main reasons for United's collapse this season is absolutely ludicrous."

I wholeheartedly agree as the main reason for their demise was one genius jock being replaced by a clueless jock. End of discussion

Do you think it had something to do with Moyes' training methods Wayne?

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Tom Cleverley on 12:50 - Jun 23 with 2751 viewswaynekerr55

Tom Cleverley on 11:57 - Jun 23 by JackSomething

Do you think it had something to do with Moyes' training methods Wayne?

100%

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Tom Cleverley on 13:10 - Jun 23 with 2714 viewsfootball2301

why you commenting on something you know nothing about do you know for fact he was bombed out of Liverpool ? I don't think you do your an idiot who talks rubbish if you don't know the facts best keep quiet he left Liverpool understand he LEFT and was asked to stay by rogers but he chose to come to Swansea to get more game time mind you I wonder why sometimes with pricks like you sniping his every wrong 80 yard pass out of play every time hes gets the ball you are a fool you really are
Tom Cleverley on 13:14 - Jun 23 with 2701 viewsfootball2301

Tom Cleverley on 13:10 - Jun 23 by football2301

why you commenting on something you know nothing about do you know for fact he was bombed out of Liverpool ? I don't think you do your an idiot who talks rubbish if you don't know the facts best keep quiet he left Liverpool understand he LEFT and was asked to stay by rogers but he chose to come to Swansea to get more game time mind you I wonder why sometimes with pricks like you sniping his every wrong 80 yard pass out of play every time hes gets the ball you are a fool you really are

my apologies it was a reply to dwightyorkestupidstar pushed wrong button
Tom Cleverley on 13:19 - Jun 23 with 2684 viewsStarsky

Tom Cleverley on 13:10 - Jun 23 by football2301

Are you related to JJS? Because everytime he's mentioned you go off on one.
I'm a fan of his also by the way.

It's just the internet, init.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024