Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
swans defense this season???? 13:45 - Aug 5 with 1504 viewsthomasJack

how do you think the defense will be this year with ben and vorm gone and mayby now Chico??? do you think that to many? or do you think no problem???
[Post edited 5 Aug 2014 13:46]

Poll: Next signing

swans defense this season???? on 13:47 - Aug 5 with 1490 viewsTenkosBlondeWig

Fabianski
Angel
Taylor
Chico
Williams

Thats probably our strongest back 4 but I don't feel it is strong enough

It wasn't strong enough last season and we have not invested in anyone better

Lets hope we can outscore the opposition, providing Bony stays that is
swans defense this season???? on 13:59 - Aug 5 with 1443 viewsraynor94

swans defense this season???? on 13:47 - Aug 5 by TenkosBlondeWig

Fabianski
Angel
Taylor
Chico
Williams

You do get over dramatic, our defence was nowhere near as bad as you make out, and I believe we are looking to strengthen it further, take a chill pill and trust the board

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

swans defense this season???? on 14:00 - Aug 5 with 1436 viewsshandyjack

Wasn't strong enough yet we finished on even goal diff. Jesus imagine how bad the other defences were

Poll: Expectation for the season

swans defense this season???? on 14:08 - Aug 5 with 1415 viewsJokeren1943

swans defense this season???? on 14:00 - Aug 5 by shandyjack

Wasn't strong enough yet we finished on even goal diff. Jesus imagine how bad the other defences were

Seven PL clubs had a worse defense then Swansea in the 2013/2014 season.
swans defense this season???? on 14:15 - Aug 5 with 1397 viewsshandyjack

swans defense this season???? on 14:08 - Aug 5 by Jokeren1943

Seven PL clubs had a worse defense then Swansea in the 2013/2014 season.

How many have strengthen significantly, we went with getting a new GK, if we were 8th worst again if take that right now as it means another yr in PL

Poll: Expectation for the season

swans defense this season???? on 14:55 - Aug 5 with 1311 viewsnantywatcher

I would not be surprised, if the stats were available, that our goalkeepers made the least saves of any club in the Prem. I remember very few from last year, and loads they could well have saved.
swans defense this season???? on 14:58 - Aug 5 with 1305 viewsJokeren1943

swans defense this season???? on 14:15 - Aug 5 by shandyjack

How many have strengthen significantly, we went with getting a new GK, if we were 8th worst again if take that right now as it means another yr in PL

Defense is a place where Swansea can use improvement. Going to be interested to see, with our new keeper and Taylor back, how the stats will be in the end of the season 2013/2014.
[Post edited 5 Aug 2014 14:59]
swans defense this season???? on 15:15 - Aug 5 with 1267 viewsJACKARSE

38 clean sheets is at least 38 points .......
Login to get fewer ads

swans defense this season???? on 15:20 - Aug 5 with 1249 viewsTheFranchise

Do you have a Sousa costume?
swans defense this season???? on 15:33 - Aug 5 with 1217 viewslifelong

Our defence has been weakened by the sale of Ben Davies, it needs strengthening. Any long term injury to Taylor or Rangel and we will have a very difficult season. It needed strengthening as far as the right back position is concerned anyway.
swans defense this season???? on 15:35 - Aug 5 with 1214 viewsNeiltheTaylor

Perhaps if we chant "De-fense, De-fense, De-fence" when they have the ball in our half if will help our defence?

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

swans defense this season???? on 15:40 - Aug 5 with 1205 viewsJACKARSE

swans defense this season???? on 15:20 - Aug 5 by TheFranchise

Do you have a Sousa costume?

I have many costumes ..... especially for the weekend !!

Just saying .... if we had kept a clean sheet for all the games where we only conceded 1 goal then we would have had an extra 15 points and finished 8th above Southampton.
swans defense this season???? on 15:58 - Aug 5 with 1164 viewsClinton

We will miss Vorm's excellent distribution and his availability as an extra man when playing possession football across the back 4. That said, as long as we retain Chico we have an excellent back line. They are a battle hardened, decent Premier league defence, as proven over the last couple of seasons.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

swans defense this season???? on 15:59 - Aug 5 with 1163 viewsicecoldjack

I think it will roughly be the same as last year, from one extreme to the other and back again!

Taylor will be a defensive improvement on Ben but maybe Rangel will perhaps drop off a bit.

Fabianski may perhaps command his area a bit better than Vorm but may lack in other aspects.

IMO our defense is our weakest area and needs a top quality strengthening sooner rather than later, if everyone remains fit and on form we will do ok overall.
swans defense this season???? on 16:47 - Aug 5 with 1120 viewsLeonisGod

swans defense this season???? on 15:59 - Aug 5 by icecoldjack

I think it will roughly be the same as last year, from one extreme to the other and back again!

Taylor will be a defensive improvement on Ben but maybe Rangel will perhaps drop off a bit.

Fabianski may perhaps command his area a bit better than Vorm but may lack in other aspects.

IMO our defense is our weakest area and needs a top quality strengthening sooner rather than later, if everyone remains fit and on form we will do ok overall.

That's probably the truth of it. Expect some courageous blocks by Ash, some comedy moments from Chico, some 'Walcott in my pocket' moments from Tayls, and some caught too far up the pitch moments from both our full backs (and Chico if last year was anything to go by).

It will be fun. Whilst we're all thinking it would be nice to get some extra quality in, I can't see it happening unless we lose Chico. We've got 4 full backs and 4 centre halves as it stands.And it looks like they are all in Garry's plans.
swans defense this season???? on 17:12 - Aug 5 with 1087 viewsicecoldjack

swans defense this season???? on 16:47 - Aug 5 by LeonisGod

That's probably the truth of it. Expect some courageous blocks by Ash, some comedy moments from Chico, some 'Walcott in my pocket' moments from Tayls, and some caught too far up the pitch moments from both our full backs (and Chico if last year was anything to go by).

It will be fun. Whilst we're all thinking it would be nice to get some extra quality in, I can't see it happening unless we lose Chico. We've got 4 full backs and 4 centre halves as it stands.And it looks like they are all in Garry's plans.

Yes i cant see much change there in the coming weeks but was thinking more long term myself. Maybe even January if we go a bit wonky at the back.

If we can cut out some of the real sloppy stuff it would be a massive help, maybe conditioning and fitness will play a part here ? it seemed that sometimes our defensive unit just switched off mentally and positionally .

Its gonna make for plenty of exciting football i guess !
swans defense this season???? on 17:20 - Aug 5 with 1068 viewscockneyswan

I reckon we definitely need another defensive midfielder if Canas is not in the plans, we cannot expect Leon to fill that role all season alone, DM is vital to protect the back 5.
swans defense this season???? on 17:29 - Aug 5 with 1044 viewsOldjack

Angel is getting slower, a speedy winger will rip him up, that's a weakness that needs addressing asap

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

swans defense this season???? on 17:29 - Aug 5 with 1043 viewsjazzswan

DEFENCE, There is no S in Defence!!
swans defense this season???? on 17:41 - Aug 5 with 994 viewsJACKARSE

swans defense this season???? on 17:29 - Aug 5 by jazzswan

DEFENCE, There is no S in Defence!!

Depends where you come from .....
Defense (AmE) or defence (BrE, CanE, AuE and NZE)

and is it .......

"offencive" and "defencive" rather than "offensive" and "defensive".......

God never thought I would be posting this crap ..... I can't wait until the football starts .........
swans defense this season???? on 17:43 - Aug 5 with 986 viewsmonmouth

swans defense this season???? on 15:58 - Aug 5 by Clinton

We will miss Vorm's excellent distribution and his availability as an extra man when playing possession football across the back 4. That said, as long as we retain Chico we have an excellent back line. They are a battle hardened, decent Premier league defence, as proven over the last couple of seasons.

Ah the Vorm excellent distribution myth. Mostly he took much too long and ended up having to hoof it straight to an opposing midfield player, or worse for little Nath to try and win a header. We will not miss last season's Vorm one jot. He was utter crud.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

swans defense this season???? on 18:26 - Aug 5 with 933 viewsicecoldjack

swans defense this season???? on 17:43 - Aug 5 by monmouth

Ah the Vorm excellent distribution myth. Mostly he took much too long and ended up having to hoof it straight to an opposing midfield player, or worse for little Nath to try and win a header. We will not miss last season's Vorm one jot. He was utter crud.

I hope your right.
swans defense this season???? on 18:31 - Aug 5 with 924 viewslonglostjack

Not sure whether Tiendalli can up his game or whether Chico will be gone so I'll continue to sit on the fense

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

swans defense this season???? on 19:06 - Aug 5 with 875 viewsBrynmill_Jack

swans defense this season???? on 13:47 - Aug 5 by TenkosBlondeWig

Fabianski
Angel
Taylor
Chico
Williams

I think that's a bit harsh when we were the only club in the bottom twelve without a negative goal difference. Our worst results were the 4-1 home defeat by Man U on the opening day and 3-0 away to Man City. Hardly worth hanging ourselves over!
The thing that killed us were the number of defeats by the odd goal. Improve on that and we'll have our best season this year (if we keep Wilf)

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

swans defense this season???? on 19:07 - Aug 5 with 872 viewsDrizzy

Can't see much improvement with Chico the clown likely to be starting. Ash will carry him as usual so we shouldn't be worse than last season.

Poll: PlanetSwans Tw*t of the Year 2018

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024