Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The media and managers "Old Boys Network" 23:08 - Aug 30 with 528 viewsPatchesOHoulihan

I know its early in the season and a lot can go wrong but I hope there will be enough evidence by the end of this season to stop these failed managers repeatedly getting jobs just because they have "experience"

Too many people still getting work as the safe option where there are better options but clubs not willing to take a risk due to the media reaction which feeds into the fans.

Monk: Extremely promising start for someone with no experience
Adams (Norwich): Ridiculed when appointed but now looking like he knows what he's doing
Pocchetino: Southampton criticised but look at what someone with 1? year behind him was able to achieve

OK Pulis was the exception to the rule last year but in fairness didn't really deserve to be sacked by Stoke

There are new people who have been in football for years who have ideas and more clubs should give them a go: not ex international players but people who have had to work at the game for years

Warnock should never be able to command a premier league job with his record and the amount of foreign coaches barring the odd exception is bordering on ridiculous.

If you are a good manager you do your homework and know your players and work out you team accordingly: Van Gaal seems to me to be the latest foreign manager with european experience who after a number of succesful years is still able to pull good jobs despite a mediocre record over the last 7/8 years, yet because he has this experience he is the saviour!!

This is Patches O'Houlihan saying "Take care of your balls, and they'll take care of you."

The media and managers "Old Boys Network" on 23:53 - Aug 30 with 438 viewsperchrockjack

Van Baal will fail for the first time at cold rag ford.

He won't be given the time.

Pressure mounting already.

Great for football as a whole

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024