Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
National Kitchens. 09:13 - Mar 30 with 1024 viewsPrivate_Partz

Just seen on BBC One that these are being reinacted all across the U.K. They were used in the First World War when people were so poor the could not feed themselves.
The answer is to use recovered food that was going to be dumped and feed people in
large groups. Initially it is just for historical significance but could be looked at for use in this day and age.
This sounds like something right up Brexit Street. I recall the Man Utd supporter who voted Leave because he 'wanted to get back to Dads Army days'. Looks like his wishes may be coming true. ;-)
[Post edited 30 Mar 2017 9:14]

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

National Kitchens. on 09:50 - Mar 30 with 1008 viewsdickythorpe

http://www.thefelixproject.org/

Projects like this have been around for a while now way before Brexit.
Is it only know the government/local authorities/Remoaners are waking up?
National Kitchens. on 10:04 - Mar 30 with 996 viewsraynor94

National Kitchens. on 09:50 - Mar 30 by dickythorpe

http://www.thefelixproject.org/

Projects like this have been around for a while now way before Brexit.
Is it only know the government/local authorities/Remoaners are waking up?

Remoaners, yes definitely. This is going to be a long two years

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

National Kitchens. on 10:10 - Mar 30 with 992 viewsNogginthenog

National Kitchens. on 10:04 - Mar 30 by raynor94

On a positive note, these could be ideal for older lonely people to get back a bit of company and stimulate them to get out and about to enjoy a rest from the tedium.communities need to look after the elderly as much as the nhs does.
National Kitchens. on 10:49 - Mar 30 with 966 viewsPrivate_Partz

National Kitchens. on 10:04 - Mar 30 by raynor94

Longer than two years Rayns. We ain't going to go away :-)

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

National Kitchens. on 11:18 - Mar 30 with 955 viewsmagicdaps10

Is this something familiar to food banks then?
:-)

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

National Kitchens. on 11:50 - Mar 30 with 937 viewsraynor94

National Kitchens. on 10:49 - Mar 30 by Private_Partz

Longer than two years Rayns. We ain't going to go away :-)

I voted remain, but accept the outcome of the result, and after yesterday it's going to happen, time to accept the will of the people and move on. Surely?

National Kitchens. on 17:43 - Mar 30 with 887 viewsPrivate_Partz

National Kitchens. on 11:50 - Mar 30 by raynor94

I voted remain, but accept the outcome of the result, and after yesterday it's going to happen, time to accept the will of the people and move on. Surely?

Nope. It ain't going to happen. A straw poll taken suggests a third of the population are completely over the moon with Brexit. A third are fed up and just want to get in with it and the remainder are completely devastated and deeply concerned about the future of this Country.
This ain't no General Election where something can be done about it in 5 years or less. This is the future.
If, as I expect, this is going to turm out to be a cock up of mammoth proportions then the groundswell of opinion will change dramatically. People will not just 'move on'.

'There are more of us acoming there are more like me, messed up, messed up with nothing to lose. It's a barbed wire fence which side do you choose?' -- Julian Cope.
;-)
[Post edited 30 Mar 2017 17:44]

National Kitchens. on 18:01 - Mar 30 with 873 viewsraynor94

National Kitchens. on 17:43 - Mar 30 by Private_Partz

Nope. It ain't going to happen. A straw poll taken suggests a third of the population are completely over the moon with Brexit. A third are fed up and just want to get in with it and the remainder are completely devastated and deeply concerned about the future of this Country.
This ain't no General Election where something can be done about it in 5 years or less. This is the future.
If, as I expect, this is going to turm out to be a cock up of mammoth proportions then the groundswell of opinion will change dramatically. People will not just 'move on'.

'There are more of us acoming there are more like me, messed up, messed up with nothing to lose. It's a barbed wire fence which side do you choose?' -- Julian Cope.
;-)
[Post edited 30 Mar 2017 17:44]

Ain't going to happen? It already is, what with Cardiff and now Brexit, I wonder how you manage to sleep chill out and go with the flow, it's far less stressful

Login to get fewer ads

National Kitchens. on 18:37 - Mar 30 with 850 viewsPrivate_Partz

National Kitchens. on 18:01 - Mar 30 by raynor94

Ain't going to happen? It already is, what with Cardiff and now Brexit, I wonder how you manage to sleep chill out and go with the flow, it's far less stressful

No I meant it ain't going to happen that people will just 'move on'. I know Brexit is upon us but Parliamentary voting will be interesting if May comes up with a dog's dinner of a deal with the EU and puts that before them.
Thanks for the advice. I do try to compartmentalise. A few pints before the match in The Station on Sunday will help but I will be back on my hobby horse after that again I guess :-)

National Kitchens. on 18:43 - Mar 30 with 844 viewsraynor94

National Kitchens. on 18:37 - Mar 30 by Private_Partz

No I meant it ain't going to happen that people will just 'move on'. I know Brexit is upon us but Parliamentary voting will be interesting if May comes up with a dog's dinner of a deal with the EU and puts that before them.
Thanks for the advice. I do try to compartmentalise. A few pints before the match in The Station on Sunday will help but I will be back on my hobby horse after that again I guess :-)

Good man

National Kitchens. on 19:26 - Mar 30 with 827 viewsexiledclaseboy

National Kitchens. on 11:50 - Mar 30 by raynor94

This is trite nonsense. "Accept the will of the people" and "move on"

How about we accept he referendum result but still reserve our democratic right to express an opinion against the upcoming actions without being chided with childish epithets like "Remoansers"?

Will of the people my hairy arse.

Poll: Tory leader

National Kitchens. on 19:43 - Mar 30 with 807 viewsFlashberryjack

National Kitchens. on 19:26 - Mar 30 by exiledclaseboy

This is trite nonsense. "Accept the will of the people" and "move on"

How about we accept he referendum result but still reserve our democratic right to express an opinion against the upcoming actions without being chided with childish epithets like "Remoansers"?

Will of the people my hairy arse.

Childish name calling I agree, "Remoansers" suppose it's better than being called a "f*ckwit" and worst.....but there you go.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024