Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Points !! 18:42 - Mar 12 with 2358 viewsdougie

I felt 6/7 points would keep us in the race from spurs, arse, norwich, bmouth and villa. We have 6 with villa to come. What i didnt expect was that the others would lose. As it stands we have had a good 4 games all considered. A win against villa and it will be almost 2 points a game and not far off certain safety. Considering the season we have had its not that bad a position to be in (positive see)... And we have man city at home to come . they have won less than us last 10 prem games. ;-)
Points !! on 19:11 - Mar 12 with 2281 viewsEdmundo

37 will be enough....think we'll get 40👍

Swansea City-Officially the best football team in Wales-FACT

Points !! on 19:20 - Mar 12 with 2252 viewsdougie

Points !! on 19:11 - Mar 12 by Edmundo

37 will be enough....think we'll get 40👍

36 with goal diff 👍
Points !! on 19:26 - Mar 12 with 2234 viewsunion_jack

I'm concerned about the Villa game now. A huge banana skin for us possibly.

However, imp sure we'll get the required points but it maybe a squeaky bum ride.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Points !! on 19:30 - Mar 12 with 2222 viewsdougie

Points !! on 19:26 - Mar 12 by union_jack

I'm concerned about the Villa game now. A huge banana skin for us possibly.

However, imp sure we'll get the required points but it maybe a squeaky bum ride.

If we cant find 4 points out of the next 8 games we deserve to arse clench.
Points !! on 19:37 - Mar 12 with 2193 viewsunion_jack

Points !! on 19:30 - Mar 12 by dougie

If we cant find 4 points out of the next 8 games we deserve to arse clench.

Well we really deserve to go down in all honesty.

I repeat though, Villa may not be the game where we add significantly to our points tally. A point today with a good performance may have given us the impetus for next week. Going on what some in here are saying we weren't that good and that concerns me.

Points !! on 19:49 - Mar 12 with 2149 viewsFearOfAJackPlanet

Points !! on 19:37 - Mar 12 by union_jack

I repeat though, Villa may not be the game where we add significantly to our points tally. A point today with a good performance may have given us the impetus for next week. Going on what some in here are saying we weren't that good and that concerns me.

I can see us losing the Villa game now. The players had the chance today to cement their resurgence as vaguely competent professionals, but they instead lapsed back into being a sporadically shambolic bunch of bi-polar f*ck-wits. As such, I can see them carrying that into the Villa game.

Saying that, we'll almost certainly win another free-hit game like Chelsea or Leicester and all will be well with the world again.

One thing's for certain - without a major overhaul, we're liable to 'do a Villa' ourselves next season after our 2-3 decent players are cherry-picked by other clubs offering more money and a less manic Premier League experience..

Enjoying the next level
Poll: Have you ever seen Swansea City relegated before?

Points !! on 19:53 - Mar 12 with 2131 viewsunion_jack

Points !! on 19:49 - Mar 12 by FearOfAJackPlanet

I can see us losing the Villa game now. The players had the chance today to cement their resurgence as vaguely competent professionals, but they instead lapsed back into being a sporadically shambolic bunch of bi-polar f*ck-wits. As such, I can see them carrying that into the Villa game.

Saying that, we'll almost certainly win another free-hit game like Chelsea or Leicester and all will be well with the world again.

One thing's for certain - without a major overhaul, we're liable to 'do a Villa' ourselves next season after our 2-3 decent players are cherry-picked by other clubs offering more money and a less manic Premier League experience..

I'm afraid you may be right. My first concern is safety this season. My next concern is next season because I don't think we will do a Leicester.

Points !! on 19:54 - Mar 12 with 2123 viewsmonmouth

I know I'm on yet another booze fuelled downer, but I think we're 100% certain to be in another relegation scrap next season. Let's hope the teams that come up aren't very good. Watford will be down there too. I think Bournemouth will do an 'us' and keep it going.
[Post edited 12 Mar 2016 19:54]

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Login to get fewer ads

Points !! on 19:55 - Mar 12 with 2119 viewsjack247

Points !! on 19:49 - Mar 12 by FearOfAJackPlanet

I don't see us blowing it now. As poor as we were today, that game could have gone either way.

Your last paragraph is a very real concern though. Unless we are proactive in the summer, we could well find ourselves cut adrift next season. Bournemouth, Palace and whoever stays up below us will strengthen in the summer. We won't be lucky enough for 3 abject teams to come up. Get 3-4 points as soon as we can and then start thinking about what changes need to be made for next season.
Points !! on 20:36 - Mar 12 with 2005 viewsplasjack

What is all the fuss, we are already safe, 8 points above the drop and cannot see any one below us going on a run to relegate the mighty SWANS.
Points !! on 20:42 - Mar 12 with 1986 viewsGriffting

Thing is, if we can beat villa next time out, S'land or Newcastle win the derby and Norwich lose away to west brom (who are on good form) we are potentially back 11/12 points above the relegation zone with a good goal difference.
Do what is needed against villa, then play smart. A coupe more draws after that would be enough I think. Shame Sousa isn't about because 8 draws would be much appreciated right now!
Points !! on 21:43 - Mar 12 with 1874 viewsLeonisGod

Points !! on 19:37 - Mar 12 by union_jack

No we don't, yet. Currently we deserve to stay up. Villa and Newc were always going to be the remaining 2 key games; anyone who thought today would be is a bit nuts.
Points !! on 22:37 - Mar 12 with 1814 viewsunion_jack

Points !! on 21:43 - Mar 12 by LeonisGod

No we don't, yet. Currently we deserve to stay up. Villa and Newc were always going to be the remaining 2 key games; anyone who thought today would be is a bit nuts.

Just to clarify, that first sentence was in reply to the post saying if we lost our remaining eight games which probably would justify us getting relegated.

Points !! on 00:00 - Mar 13 with 1708 viewsjackrabbit

Points !! on 20:36 - Mar 12 by plasjack

What is all the fuss, we are already safe, 8 points above the drop and cannot see any one below us going on a run to relegate the mighty SWANS.

Dream on. Newcastle have 2 games in hand and a top-drawer new manager - expect them to show a resurgence. Sunderland have 1 game in hand and are easily the best team in the bottom 6, with the most scoring power. We have an extremely tough run-in including a 6 pointer at Newcastle, and 3 very tough remaining home games after Villa.

We're still in the mix. We need 6 more points. 3 more and I'll unclench my buttocks slightly.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024