Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Watford second goal - awful defending (video) 16:54 - Sep 23 with 9278 viewsKennedy

https://streamable.com/t39az

Just call me JFK

Watford second goal - awful defending (video) on 17:03 - Sep 23 with 6451 viewsNogginthenog

Alfie was woeful there.
Watford second goal - awful defending (video) on 17:06 - Sep 23 with 6405 viewsTheKirkyLife

People are lambasting Mesa but you know what? I count Mawson and Olsson more at fault. Firstly that was an easy stop for Alfie and his kick out was pathetic. Secondly Olsson, rather than predicting the worst, falsely put trust in his teammate and stopped running back.

Mesa needs to sharpen up but he was not the primary offender by any stretch. Mawson had an appalling game.
Watford second goal - awful defending (video) on 17:06 - Sep 23 with 6385 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Watford second goal - awful defending (video) on 17:03 - Sep 23 by Nogginthenog

Alfie was woeful there.

And that wasn't even the worst mistake he made all game.

There was the passback which put Grey one on one, plus him trying to shepherd the ball out for a goal kick only for the player to get around him and have a free opportunity to give somebody a tap in inside the box.

Three huge mistakes today for Alfie.

I'm sure there are many who still think he's on the verge of the England squad though, just like a few weeks ago.

He is incredibly lucky to be in a Premier League squad. He should be at least one division lower.

Fernandez cannot mask Alfie's lack of ability every match.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Watford second goal - awful defending (video) on 17:10 - Sep 23 with 6360 viewsexiledinenglandjack

Watford second goal - awful defending (video) on 17:06 - Sep 23 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

There was the passback which put Grey one on one, plus him trying to shepherd the ball out for a goal kick only for the player to get around him and have a free opportunity to give somebody a tap in inside the box.

I'm sure there are many who still think he's on the verge of the England squad though, just like a few weeks ago.

He is incredibly lucky to be in a Premier League squad. He should be at least one division lower.

I think V. Der Hoorn has proven he should be given a chance alongside Fernandez now
Watford second goal - awful defending (video) on 17:23 - Sep 23 with 6214 viewsSmellyplumz

Mawson was God awful today.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

Watford second goal - awful defending (video) on 17:27 - Sep 23 with 6198 viewsJethroJack

Alfie Clanger v Watford...the sequel. FFS
Watford second goal - awful defending (video) on 17:29 - Sep 23 with 6177 viewsGeoffThom

Watford second goal - awful defending (video) on 17:06 - Sep 23 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Oooh your gonna get it from the one eyed on here !!!
Watford second goal - awful defending (video) on 17:33 - Sep 23 with 6131 viewsGeoffThom

Why was he trying to stick his right foot in there ,he only had to side foot it with his left easy ball to Olsen,and as for he's to blame as well ,what utter shite you spout
Login to get fewer ads

Watford second goal - awful defending (video) on 18:06 - Sep 23 with 6006 viewsElward

Mawson needs dropping. Fernandez and Van de Hoorn need a run together. If i was Van de hoorn id be fuming i was the one who was benched, not Mawson after he nearly gifted Gray a goal in the 1st half.
Watford second goal - awful defending (video) on 18:07 - Sep 23 with 5985 viewsElward

There will still be people who blame Fernandez for not clearing up Mawsons mistakes
Watford second goal - awful defending (video) on 18:09 - Sep 23 with 5968 viewsGeoffThom

Watford second goal - awful defending (video) on 18:07 - Sep 23 by Elward

There will still be people who blame Fernandez for not clearing up Mawsons mistakes

So so true,notice bony isn't getting it for their first also
Watford second goal - awful defending (video) on 18:10 - Sep 23 with 5960 viewsTom1912

Watford second goal - awful defending (video) on 17:10 - Sep 23 by exiledinenglandjack

I think V. Der Hoorn has proven he should be given a chance alongside Fernandez now

VDH has looked very solid as part of the 3. I'm not sure how he would do in a 2, and when more exposed, especially on the floor. Plus there are questions marks over his distribution.

However, the way Mawson has played, I agree, there's a real case to be made for giving VDH a go.
Watford second goal - awful defending (video) on 18:10 - Sep 23 with 5951 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Watford second goal - awful defending (video) on 18:07 - Sep 23 by Elward

I can't remember whether it was Alfie or somebody else who booted the ball from our corner flag to the edge of our box, high in the air towards the end of the game. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt over that one. It may well have been four.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Watford second goal - awful defending (video) on 18:11 - Sep 23 with 5940 viewsTom1912

Watford second goal - awful defending (video) on 18:10 - Sep 23 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I can't remember whether it was Alfie or somebody else who booted the ball from our corner flag to the edge of our box, high in the air towards the end of the game. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt over that one. It may well have been four.

One of the best balls we played into the box all afternoon.

It was Mawson too, I believe.
Watford second goal - awful defending (video) on 18:12 - Sep 23 with 5928 viewsDr_Winston

Watford second goal - awful defending (video) on 18:10 - Sep 23 by Tom1912

VDH has looked very solid as part of the 3. I'm not sure how he would do in a 2, and when more exposed, especially on the floor. Plus there are questions marks over his distribution.

However, the way Mawson has played, I agree, there's a real case to be made for giving VDH a go.

To be honest I think the question marks over his distribution are unwarranted. Certainly he's no worse than anyone else we've got there at the minute.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Watford second goal - awful defending (video) on 18:15 - Sep 23 with 5915 viewspencoedjack

Let's start going down the Bob Bradley route of changing the defence every week

Clean sheets v

Southampton
Palace
Spurs

If anyone needs replacing it's Naughton slows everything up a truly awful football player
Watford second goal - awful defending (video) on 18:17 - Sep 23 with 5897 viewsGeoffThom

Watford second goal - awful defending (video) on 18:15 - Sep 23 by pencoedjack

Let's start going down the Bob Bradley route of changing the defence every week

Clean sheets v

Southampton
Palace
Spurs

If anyone needs replacing it's Naughton slows everything up a truly awful football player

Both full backs are struggling because there's nothing in front of them to play too
Watford second goal - awful defending (video) on 18:22 - Sep 23 with 5868 viewspencoedjack

Watford second goal - awful defending (video) on 18:17 - Sep 23 by GeoffThom

Both full backs are struggling because there's nothing in front of them to play too

Second half I thought Olsen Carroll linked well you could put Messi or Ronaldio in front of Naughton and he turn and pass the ball backwards

Stealing a living
Watford second goal - awful defending (video) on 18:26 - Sep 23 with 5834 views34dfgdf54

Watford second goal - awful defending (video) on 18:22 - Sep 23 by pencoedjack

Second half I thought Olsen Carroll linked well you could put Messi or Ronaldio in front of Naughton and he turn and pass the ball backwards

Stealing a living

Got to agree with you there Penc. I don't think Naughton has been our worst player by any stretch, but it was a position which desperately needed strengthening, it was clear to see, but Huw failed.... again.
Watford second goal - awful defending (video) on 18:34 - Sep 23 with 5772 viewsWarwickHunt

Watford second goal - awful defending (video) on 18:26 - Sep 23 by 34dfgdf54

Got to agree with you there Penc. I don't think Naughton has been our worst player by any stretch, but it was a position which desperately needed strengthening, it was clear to see, but Huw failed.... again.

Fair play though - after three years of needing a right back we only missed out on a Championship player by half an hour or so...
Watford second goal - awful defending (video) on 18:37 - Sep 23 with 5750 views34dfgdf54

Watford second goal - awful defending (video) on 18:34 - Sep 23 by WarwickHunt

Fair play though - after three years of needing a right back we only missed out on a Championship player by half an hour or so...

But some still think the scumbag can part the red sea.

Makes me sick.
Watford second goal - awful defending (video) on 20:22 - Sep 23 with 5540 viewsSgorioFruit

i watched the stream on the link in the OP of this post on the way home from the stadium.
That second goal summed up our day, summed up our 3 home games, summed up the general feel of where we are with our standard, and also summed up the amount of frustration the fans were feeling and screaming about in the stands today... now let me sum it up.....

Watford player clears the ball, it goes to Mesa, he has plenty of room and space and is even facing towards Watfords goal, albeit on the halfway line, but he is still facing the right direction, so what does he do? He turns around to face Fabianski's direction and gives away a pointless pass.
Why did he turn to look at our defense?
That is all I seen all game,
pointless activity,
pointless afternoon,
pointless Clement claiming to take the blame,
pointless people blaming selling our best players each season etc etc etc

When your player has the ball on the 89th minute and the game is 1-1 and he has no one around him and decides to turn back and boot towards his own goal then I'm afraid we will be facing a long tough and difficult season.

They made it so hard for themselves.

edit: ok he had a Watford player near but still the fact remains he could have turned towards the way he meant to be playing.
[Post edited 23 Sep 2017 20:25]

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Watford second goal - awful defending (video) on 21:39 - Sep 23 with 5421 views34dfgdf54

Watford second goal - awful defending (video) on 20:22 - Sep 23 by SgorioFruit

i watched the stream on the link in the OP of this post on the way home from the stadium.
That second goal summed up our day, summed up our 3 home games, summed up the general feel of where we are with our standard, and also summed up the amount of frustration the fans were feeling and screaming about in the stands today... now let me sum it up.....

Watford player clears the ball, it goes to Mesa, he has plenty of room and space and is even facing towards Watfords goal, albeit on the halfway line, but he is still facing the right direction, so what does he do? He turns around to face Fabianski's direction and gives away a pointless pass.
Why did he turn to look at our defense?
That is all I seen all game,
pointless activity,
pointless afternoon,
pointless Clement claiming to take the blame,
pointless people blaming selling our best players each season etc etc etc

When your player has the ball on the 89th minute and the game is 1-1 and he has no one around him and decides to turn back and boot towards his own goal then I'm afraid we will be facing a long tough and difficult season.

They made it so hard for themselves.

edit: ok he had a Watford player near but still the fact remains he could have turned towards the way he meant to be playing.
[Post edited 23 Sep 2017 20:25]

Mesa made the interception, stopped it going to strikers feet as a holding midfielder should do.

He should have gone all the way home to Fab, but he was too intent on getting another attack going, it's a mistake, no getting away from it, but that challenge by Mawson is a shocker. He's meant to be a centre half ffs. People slag off the Shawcross's, Wes Morgan's of this world, but they would NEVER be beaten like that. He should be embarrassed.
Watford second goal - awful defending (video) on 03:32 - Sep 24 with 5208 viewsLeonWasGod

On the plus side, that commentator seems like a good addition to the S4C team...
Watford second goal - awful defending (video) on 05:27 - Sep 24 with 5172 viewsBillyChong

Shambolic goal to concede
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024