Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Opsreys V Treviso 19:31 - Apr 15 with 1427 viewsmax936

On BBC2 now, for those folk interested.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Opsreys V Treviso on 19:35 - Apr 15 with 888 viewsDarran

I'm not.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Opsreys V Treviso on 19:41 - Apr 15 with 876 viewsmax936

Opsreys V Treviso on 19:35 - Apr 15 by Darran

I'm not.

Thanks for your reply, but you needn't have bothered.

Opsreys V Treviso on 19:43 - Apr 15 with 867 viewsDarran

Opsreys V Treviso on 19:41 - Apr 15 by max936

Thanks for your reply, but you needn't have bothered.

My pleasure.

Opsreys V Treviso on 20:13 - Apr 15 with 847 viewsBigPhilG

I hope they don't fcuk the pitch up in any way
Opsreys V Treviso on 21:15 - Apr 15 with 806 viewsmax936

Opsreys V Treviso on 20:13 - Apr 15 by BigPhilG

Yeah cause they've only got a fortnight to sort it out and its always in a mess after the Ospreys play there, dear me.

Opsreys V Treviso on 21:19 - Apr 15 with 800 viewsDarran

Opsreys V Treviso on 20:13 - Apr 15 by BigPhilG

Exactly mate they should f*ck off to the Gnoll.

Opsreys V Treviso on 21:49 - Apr 15 with 782 viewsmax936

Opsreys V Treviso on 21:19 - Apr 15 by Darran

You should fukoff my thread it was started for those interested in watching the game, not for you to slag it off and fuking MOAN ffs
Go and listen to Trick Cheaps new "Acclaimed Album"

Opsreys V Treviso on 21:50 - Apr 15 with 778 viewsBigPhilG

Opsreys V Treviso on 21:19 - Apr 15 by Darran

Couldn't agree with you more Darran they're a liability them and their pitiful handful of fans. Thank fcuk I'm not the only one who can see it
Login to get fewer ads

Opsreys V Treviso on 21:51 - Apr 15 with 771 viewsDarran

Opsreys V Treviso on 21:50 - Apr 15 by BigPhilG

Couldn't agree with you more Darran they're a liability them and their pitiful handful of fans. Thank fcuk I'm not the only one who can see it

Exactly.

Opsreys V Treviso on 21:57 - Apr 15 with 769 viewsjack247

Opsreys V Treviso on 21:50 - Apr 15 by BigPhilG

There is no comparison between the Swans and the Ospreys, but we would still probably be at the Vetch, quite possibly in the lower leagues without them.
Opsreys V Treviso on 22:05 - Apr 15 with 755 viewsBigPhilG

Opsreys V Treviso on 21:57 - Apr 15 by jack247

There is no comparison between the Swans and the Ospreys, but we would still probably be at the Vetch, quite possibly in the lower leagues without them.

When the idea was first put forward it was with the Swans and the All whites in mind. At the time my friend the regions weren't around. Swansea being Swansea it took a lifetime to build the stadium and by then the Ospreys had been born and we're playing games at St Helens and as Darran rightly says the Gnoll.
I'm firmly with Darran on this one I just believe they should have carried on like that as they can't command the crowds the Swans get. The Libertys too big for them and too small for us
Opsreys V Treviso on 22:08 - Apr 15 with 750 viewsBigPhilG

Opsreys V Treviso on 21:49 - Apr 15 by max936

You should fukoff my thread it was started for those interested in watching the game, not for you to slag it off and fuking MOAN ffs
Go and listen to Trick Cheaps new "Acclaimed Album"

Come on no need to be like that Darran's only saying what a lot of others think. How did the Ospreys get on tonight as it happens ?
Opsreys V Treviso on 22:10 - Apr 15 with 746 viewsjack247

Opsreys V Treviso on 22:05 - Apr 15 by BigPhilG

When the idea was first put forward it was with the Swans and the All whites in mind. At the time my friend the regions weren't around. Swansea being Swansea it took a lifetime to build the stadium and by then the Ospreys had been born and we're playing games at St Helens and as Darran rightly says the Gnoll.
I'm firmly with Darran on this one I just believe they should have carried on like that as they can't command the crowds the Swans get. The Libertys too big for them and too small for us

What's your point? You would be happy for the Whites to play there but not the Ospreys?
Opsreys V Treviso on 22:10 - Apr 15 with 745 viewsDarran

Opsreys V Treviso on 22:08 - Apr 15 by BigPhilG

Come on no need to be like that Darran's only saying what a lot of others think. How did the Ospreys get on tonight as it happens ?

Exactly mate people don't like the truth.

Opsreys V Treviso on 22:13 - Apr 15 with 740 viewsBigPhilG

Opsreys V Treviso on 22:10 - Apr 15 by jack247

What's your point? You would be happy for the Whites to play there but not the Ospreys?

No life goes on and sport evolves. There's no place for the whites there now but there's no need for the Ospreys to play either. Play at the Gnoll instead and if they ever get a big game then play one offs there.
Opsreys V Treviso on 22:15 - Apr 15 with 738 viewsBigPhilG

Opsreys V Treviso on 22:10 - Apr 15 by Darran

Exactly mate people don't like the truth.

I couldn't agree more with you my friend. No need for hostility it's obvious they should be at the Gnoll. Don't wish any bad luck on them and I hope they won
Opsreys V Treviso on 22:16 - Apr 15 with 736 viewsCopperJack

Opsreys V Treviso on 22:05 - Apr 15 by BigPhilG

I've never really understood the antipathy many Swans fans feel towards the Ospreys. After all, they do represent our region, and our city. Many of the players live in our city, and are from our city, and I think they're a positive feature of our city (which needs all the help it can get).

However, regarding them leaving the Liberty, it's not merely as simple as them finding more suitable accommodation. I agree, the Liberty is vastly too big for them, and I'd love to see them play at St Helens, but none of the regional grounds which they could play at (Gnoll/Brewery/St Helens) have the corporate and hospitality facilities to host the Ospreys. Like us, gate receipts aren't the primary source of revenue for them, and they couldn't afford to lose the revenue which they get from boxes, hospitality etc. As is my understanding, they still have a 40 year lease, so I don't see them leaving.

Personally, I'd like to see the Yanks pay them to upgrade St Helens to a reasonable condition so they can go to a more suitable sized ground, but it's a pie in the sky notion.

Poll: The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why?

Opsreys V Treviso on 22:20 - Apr 15 with 726 viewsjack247

Opsreys V Treviso on 22:13 - Apr 15 by BigPhilG

No life goes on and sport evolves. There's no place for the whites there now but there's no need for the Ospreys to play either. Play at the Gnoll instead and if they ever get a big game then play one offs there.

Why? What harm do they do? They barely affect our attendances (if at all) and we have one of the best pitches in the league. I'm not a big Ospreys fan at all, but I respect we probably wouldn't be where we are without the stadium and we wouldnt have the stadium without them. We were a league two team when it was being finished, we weren't far off being a non league time at one point while it was being built.
Opsreys V Treviso on 22:25 - Apr 15 with 713 viewsBigPhilG

Got nothing against the Ospreys gents and seeing as they do represent our city I hope they win all their games. I just don't think being at the Liberty full time is doing them any favours. Smaller games they could play elsewhere around the region just like Glamorgan cricket used to. Remember how popular they were at one point? Then any big games like the Welsh derbys or a top European team by all means play at the Liberty instead.
Opsreys V Treviso on 22:28 - Apr 15 with 706 viewsDarran

Opsreys V Treviso on 22:25 - Apr 15 by BigPhilG

Got nothing against the Ospreys gents and seeing as they do represent our city I hope they win all their games. I just don't think being at the Liberty full time is doing them any favours. Smaller games they could play elsewhere around the region just like Glamorgan cricket used to. Remember how popular they were at one point? Then any big games like the Welsh derbys or a top European team by all means play at the Liberty instead.

Exactly Mate when we own the stadium we can f*ck them off.

Opsreys V Treviso on 22:29 - Apr 15 with 703 viewsmax936

Opsreys V Treviso on 22:08 - Apr 15 by BigPhilG

Its Darran mun, he thrives on abuse and they won 47-10 good game with some good tries, my match day experience was slightly spoilt by the choir playing in the background with the assistance of a piano, got on my bleeding nerves
[Post edited 15 Apr 2016 22:32]

Opsreys V Treviso on 22:29 - Apr 15 with 700 viewsCopperJack

Opsreys V Treviso on 22:28 - Apr 15 by Darran

Exactly Mate when we own the stadium we can f*ck them off.

As I mentioned, I don't think we can. They have a 40 year legally binding lease on the ground. To get them out of it, i imagine we'd have to pay them substantial compensation (which I think would be best for all parties). But either way, they're not budging.

Poll: The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why?

Opsreys V Treviso on 22:35 - Apr 15 with 689 viewsjack247

Opsreys V Treviso on 22:25 - Apr 15 by BigPhilG

Well that's a better response than 'I hope they don't fck up the pitch' and 'liability with a pitiful handful of fans'.
Opsreys V Treviso on 22:37 - Apr 15 with 686 viewsBigPhilG

Opsreys V Treviso on 22:29 - Apr 15 by max936

Its Darran mun, he thrives on abuse and they won 47-10 good game with some good tries, my match day experience was slightly spoilt by the choir playing in the background with the assistance of a piano, got on my bleeding nerves
[Post edited 15 Apr 2016 22:32]

Did you just say there was a piano in the stadium ? I thought the Ospreys were playing not Lionel Richie.

I'm glad they won though I'd want any Swansea team to win whatever the sport. As for Darran he's a good sort. I like his posts they keep me entertained
Opsreys V Treviso on 22:39 - Apr 15 with 679 viewsDarran

Opsreys V Treviso on 22:37 - Apr 15 by BigPhilG

Did you just say there was a piano in the stadium ? I thought the Ospreys were playing not Lionel Richie.

I'm glad they won though I'd want any Swansea team to win whatever the sport. As for Darran he's a good sort. I like his posts they keep me entertained

Thanks Butt I like you too and don't let people like Max stop you from speaking the truth.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024