Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gareth Bale, the new..... 20:00 - Jun 15 with 4972 viewsjackrabbit

....Muhammad Ali! Last week we buried the world's greatest and most entertaining bullshitter - unsurpassed in winding up 'the opposition'. Bale has spotted the vacancy and stepped right into it.

His comments 'no England player would get into our team' were delivered with a broad grin on his face - do you think he really believes we wouldn't find room for Harry Kane? Or Kyle Walker at right back, for starters? However the slavering Press desperate for a grudge angle,pounced on it and reported it with due gravity all over the back pages today. Anybody with half a brain can sense a wind-up when they see it, but not the po-faced journos.

It made me laugh anyway.
Gareth Bale, the new..... on 20:02 - Jun 15 with 3975 viewsItchySphincter

Of course they realise, they just bit anyway.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Gareth Bale, the new..... on 20:16 - Jun 15 with 3934 viewsplasjack

Gareth Bale, the new..... on 20:02 - Jun 15 by ItchySphincter

Small nation like Wales with three points says it all.
Gareth Bale, the new..... on 21:56 - Jun 15 with 3822 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Or Stuart Pearce at left back instead of Taylor..............................................................

(could still do a job)

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Gareth Bale, the new..... on 22:26 - Jun 15 with 3780 viewsLeonisGod

My only worry is it will come back to bite him on the bum. Better keeping a low profile and playing the underdog. Riling them could easily fire them up more.

Fk who knows? We'll soon find out
Gareth Bale, the new..... on 22:31 - Jun 15 with 3770 viewspencoedjack

Gareth Bale, the new..... on 22:26 - Jun 15 by LeonisGod

My only worry is it will come back to bite him on the bum. Better keeping a low profile and playing the underdog. Riling them could easily fire them up more.

Fk who knows? We'll soon find out

We have tried that previously and it didn't work ...., good on Bale and his tongue in cheek comments imo
Gareth Bale, the new..... on 22:43 - Jun 15 with 3753 viewsDarran

Gareth Bale, the new..... on 20:02 - Jun 15 by ItchySphincter

They didn't bite over that people are in denial he started this last week and he should STFU.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Gareth Bale, the new..... on 23:03 - Jun 15 with 3738 viewsItchySphincter

Gareth Bale, the new..... on 22:43 - Jun 15 by Darran

They didn't bite over that people are in denial he started this last week and he should STFU.

It's nothing mun. He's the one that'll look like a knobhead if it backfires.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Gareth Bale, the new..... on 23:04 - Jun 15 with 3734 viewsDarran

Gareth Bale, the new..... on 23:03 - Jun 15 by ItchySphincter

It's nothing mun. He's the one that'll look like a knobhead if it backfires.

I completely agree Johnny but he wasn't on a wind up trying to get a bite when he started this before the Slovakia game.

Login to get fewer ads

Gareth Bale, the new..... on 23:07 - Jun 15 with 3733 viewsjack247

1. He is asked a heavily loaded question, presumably - which England players would get in the Wales team? Is he meant to reel off 8 or 9 of them?

2. I very much doubt his comments, or Jack Wilsheres, or anyone else's will influence the outcome of the match, but if anything, we want England to come at us and leave gaps for him to attack. They are probably going to anyway because they need the win, but if his comments make the English want to ram his words down his throat, then he has achieved what he wanted to. Losing tomorrow won't be any worse if he has egg on his face.
Gareth Bale, the new..... on 23:12 - Jun 15 with 3723 viewsDarran

Gareth Bale, the new..... on 23:07 - Jun 15 by jack247

1. He is asked a heavily loaded question, presumably - which England players would get in the Wales team? Is he meant to reel off 8 or 9 of them?

2. I very much doubt his comments, or Jack Wilsheres, or anyone else's will influence the outcome of the match, but if anything, we want England to come at us and leave gaps for him to attack. They are probably going to anyway because they need the win, but if his comments make the English want to ram his words down his throat, then he has achieved what he wanted to. Losing tomorrow won't be any worse if he has egg on his face.

He was only asked the loaded question because he'd started it before the Slovakia game.
People need to keep up.

Gareth Bale, the new..... on 23:17 - Jun 15 with 3714 viewsjack247

Gareth Bale, the new..... on 23:12 - Jun 15 by Darran

He was only asked the loaded question because he'd started it before the Slovakia game.
People need to keep up.

Well yeah, he would have been asked a loaded question then too. It's not as if he just pipes up with these quotes randomly
Gareth Bale, the new..... on 23:22 - Jun 15 with 3707 viewsDarran

Gareth Bale, the new..... on 23:17 - Jun 15 by jack247

Well yeah, he would have been asked a loaded question then too. It's not as if he just pipes up with these quotes randomly

Tim everyone can be wrong sometimes mind. (Well not me of course)

http://www.espnfc.com/european-championship/story/2890288/england-no-match-for-w

Gareth Bale, the new..... on 23:34 - Jun 15 with 3686 viewsjack247

Gareth Bale, the new..... on 23:22 - Jun 15 by Darran

Tim everyone can be wrong sometimes mind. (Well not me of course)

http://www.espnfc.com/european-championship/story/2890288/england-no-match-for-w

They are all answers to leading questions mate. They don't print the question, but they obviously ask them. It's not as if he just sits there and spews all that out unprompted.

He could have give safe, bland answers of course, but he has just answered them honestly. Well apart from the one about how many English players would get in our team, even then, I think he is talking about team spirit rather than ability.
Gareth Bale, the new..... on 23:36 - Jun 15 with 3683 viewsDarran

Gareth Bale, the new..... on 23:34 - Jun 15 by jack247

They are all answers to leading questions mate. They don't print the question, but they obviously ask them. It's not as if he just sits there and spews all that out unprompted.

He could have give safe, bland answers of course, but he has just answered them honestly. Well apart from the one about how many English players would get in our team, even then, I think he is talking about team spirit rather than ability.

Nah you're wrong he either needs to be educated or STFU.

Gareth Bale, the new..... on 23:43 - Jun 15 with 3664 viewsjack247

Gareth Bale, the new..... on 23:36 - Jun 15 by Darran

Agree to disagree. He would have been absolutely slaughtered if he had named one English player better than one of his teammates (even though some of them clearly are) or if he had said they had a better team spirit (on the face of it ours looks top class anyway).

He could just have said - looking forward to it, they have some great players etc. but he has just nailed his colours to the mast. Worst thing that could happen is he will look a bit stupid. I'm sure he can live with that risk.
Gareth Bale, the new..... on 23:53 - Jun 15 with 3649 viewsDarran

Gareth Bale, the new..... on 23:43 - Jun 15 by jack247

Agree to disagree. He would have been absolutely slaughtered if he had named one English player better than one of his teammates (even though some of them clearly are) or if he had said they had a better team spirit (on the face of it ours looks top class anyway).

He could just have said - looking forward to it, they have some great players etc. but he has just nailed his colours to the mast. Worst thing that could happen is he will look a bit stupid. I'm sure he can live with that risk.

Tim please don't be so dim Bale was the one that started this with his "I'd never have played for England even though I was eligible" comments.

Now I hope we win 10-0 but you're not in the real world on this one.

Gareth Bale, the new..... on 00:01 - Jun 16 with 3641 viewsskippyjack

Gareth Bale, the new..... on 23:36 - Jun 15 by Darran

Darran is correct.. too much talking about the opposition.. which in itself highlights his lack of focus on the task at hand.. He has also dragged his team mates in the whole charade.. less chatting.. stop patronising.. and focus on what we need.. A focused Gareth Bale.. it's giving our backroom staff a bad reputation.. For not preparing us correctly.. it's almost like the Portuguese sulker criticising Iceland for not letting him score..

Taking too many tips off tw*ts like Pepe, Marcelo, Ronaldo.. that's how Barcelona and A.Madrid win the league title.. They don't sulk and throw tantrums throughout the season complaining about teams beating them.. Barcelona and A.Madrid show a commitment to the cause, and blame themselves.. not the other teams not letting you score.

Bale was garbage against Slovakia an all.. I think the pressure and limelight is getting the better of him.. needs to shut up and do his bit for the team..

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Gareth Bale, the new..... on 00:04 - Jun 16 with 3633 viewsjack247

Gareth Bale, the new..... on 23:53 - Jun 15 by Darran

Tim please don't be so dim Bale was the one that started this with his "I'd never have played for England even though I was eligible" comments.

Now I hope we win 10-0 but you're not in the real world on this one.

Where do you think that kind of comment comes from? It comes from the question 'was there ever any chance of you playing for England?' and then what is he going to say?

Btw I didn't know he had said that, or even that he was eligible to play for them, but if he was, I'm not surprised in the slightest that he was asked it, or that he responded in that way.

He has probably been asked hundreds of leading questions over the last few weeks and given safe answers to the vast majority of them. We just don't see that in the press.
Gareth Bale, the new..... on 00:15 - Jun 16 with 3622 viewsjack247

Gareth Bale, the new..... on 00:01 - Jun 16 by skippyjack

Darran is correct.. too much talking about the opposition.. which in itself highlights his lack of focus on the task at hand.. He has also dragged his team mates in the whole charade.. less chatting.. stop patronising.. and focus on what we need.. A focused Gareth Bale.. it's giving our backroom staff a bad reputation.. For not preparing us correctly.. it's almost like the Portuguese sulker criticising Iceland for not letting him score..

Taking too many tips off tw*ts like Pepe, Marcelo, Ronaldo.. that's how Barcelona and A.Madrid win the league title.. They don't sulk and throw tantrums throughout the season complaining about teams beating them.. Barcelona and A.Madrid show a commitment to the cause, and blame themselves.. not the other teams not letting you score.

Bale was garbage against Slovakia an all.. I think the pressure and limelight is getting the better of him.. needs to shut up and do his bit for the team..

Your football posts are normally very good.

I'm amazed you can't see he is being asked leading questions and just answering them in a way that exudes confidence and pride. Short of refusing to do press conferences, he either comes out all guns blazing or meekly admits England are better than us.

He is the player that makes the headlines, no one would bat an eyelid if Joe Ledley said any of that.
Gareth Bale, the new..... on 00:20 - Jun 16 with 3613 viewsDarran

Gareth Bale, the new..... on 00:15 - Jun 16 by jack247

Your football posts are normally very good.

I'm amazed you can't see he is being asked leading questions and just answering them in a way that exudes confidence and pride. Short of refusing to do press conferences, he either comes out all guns blazing or meekly admits England are better than us.

He is the player that makes the headlines, no one would bat an eyelid if Joe Ledley said any of that.

He wasn't asked a leading question in what I said above.
Thank f*ck top posters of this forum like Skippy can see it.

Gareth Bale, the new..... on 00:25 - Jun 16 with 3610 viewsjack247

Gareth Bale, the new..... on 00:20 - Jun 16 by Darran

Of course he was. Unless he tweeted it or put it on his Facebook or something, he was responding to a question. The question would have been designed to get an answer that will sell newspapers, generate hits or get people to watch.

Going to have to leave it there Darran. You have got no chance of changing my mind and I think I've got even less chance of changing yours.
Gareth Bale, the new..... on 00:45 - Jun 16 with 3590 viewsskippyjack

Gareth Bale, the new..... on 00:20 - Jun 16 by Darran

He just doesn't say we're more passionate than England.. He went on a jaunt about how great Wales are, and talked about rugby, and patronised England as a nation.. he's forgetting we barely got over 10k crowds in the qualifying campaign.. England sold out every game.

Darran is correct.. an educational insight and fact it was not.

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.

Gareth Bale, the new..... on 00:54 - Jun 16 with 3580 viewsskippyjack

Gareth Bale, the new..... on 00:25 - Jun 16 by jack247

Of course he was. Unless he tweeted it or put it on his Facebook or something, he was responding to a question. The question would have been designed to get an answer that will sell newspapers, generate hits or get people to watch.

Going to have to leave it there Darran. You have got no chance of changing my mind and I think I've got even less chance of changing yours.

It's not just about selling newspapers or hits.. It has a massive effect on the players preperation for the game.. numerous studies have been done on football mind games and preperation.. This is the European Championships, not some friendly derby game..

but footballers do what they want anyway.. don't listen to the experts who sit down hours on end writing paragraphs and paragraphs on the media effect on sporting preparations.. ignore them mun.. we'll just spout nonsense in the press..

hopefully David Mitchell gives them a quick reminder about the actual game.. because I have been watching the English train.. and they look fired up for this one.

Gareth Bale, the new..... on 01:07 - Jun 16 with 3568 viewsbonymine

Gareth Bale, the new..... on 00:45 - Jun 16 by skippyjack

He just doesn't say we're more passionate than England.. He went on a jaunt about how great Wales are, and talked about rugby, and patronised England as a nation.. he's forgetting we barely got over 10k crowds in the qualifying campaign.. England sold out every game.

Darran is correct.. an educational insight and fact it was not.

But any underdog (as we are in individual playing ability alone) will exploit any avenue to unsettle the favourite in order to gain a psychological advantage in a match situation.

We are a grounded, settled squad who are inferior in technical and playing ability yet on the day our togetherness and team spirit may just win the day 👍👍

Together Stronger.

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

Gareth Bale, the new..... on 06:07 - Jun 16 with 3503 viewsjack247

Gareth Bale, the new..... on 00:54 - Jun 16 by skippyjack

It's not just about selling newspapers or hits.. It has a massive effect on the players preperation for the game.. numerous studies have been done on football mind games and preperation.. This is the European Championships, not some friendly derby game..

but footballers do what they want anyway.. don't listen to the experts who sit down hours on end writing paragraphs and paragraphs on the media effect on sporting preparations.. ignore them mun.. we'll just spout nonsense in the press..

hopefully David Mitchell gives them a quick reminder about the actual game.. because I have been watching the English train.. and they look fired up for this one.

Yes of course it does. These aren't just off the cuff answers. He will have had a fair idea of what kind of questions he was going to be asked and has deliberately answered them in a positive, confident, almost confrontational manner. Aaron Ramsey has done much the same thing, but he doesn't get the coverage Bale does.

I'm pretty sure he will have been given the green light to answer like that by our press liaison team. Get the English' backs up and boost confidence in our own squad rather than going for the drab, stock answers you would expect.

He was aiming to exude confidence and show we aren't scared of England, to make them doubt themselves a little. Seeing as Hodgson, Rooney and Wilshere have all come up with similar views to you and Darran (loaded questions again I know), it seems to have worked.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024