Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
new deals for Leon and Wayne.... 12:30 - Aug 12 with 4081 viewsmidswan

as per title, good news to me that.
new deals for Leon and Wayne.... on 12:39 - Aug 12 with 3466 viewsshandyjack

Agreed with Leon as he can transition on into coaching/ambassadorial role. But not for me with Wayne, he is aging now and we should be looking to replace him with better to progress

Poll: Expectation for the season

new deals for Leon and Wayne.... on 13:25 - Aug 12 with 3325 viewsJBT95

new deals for Leon and Wayne.... on 12:39 - Aug 12 by shandyjack

Agreed with Leon as he can transition on into coaching/ambassadorial role. But not for me with Wayne, he is aging now and we should be looking to replace him with better to progress

Still delivers. Can't argue with that.
new deals for Leon and Wayne.... on 13:33 - Aug 12 with 3294 viewsveng9

new deals for Leon and Wayne.... on 13:25 - Aug 12 by JBT95

Still delivers. Can't argue with that.

I think you definitely could argue that
new deals for Leon and Wayne.... on 13:43 - Aug 12 with 3238 viewsjacabertawe

new deals for Leon and Wayne.... on 13:33 - Aug 12 by veng9

I think you definitely could argue that

No you can't.

Britishness...is a political synonym for Englishness which extends English culture over the Scots, the Welsh, and the Irish. - Gwynfor Evans

new deals for Leon and Wayne.... on 14:07 - Aug 12 with 3173 viewsjack247

new deals for Leon and Wayne.... on 12:39 - Aug 12 by shandyjack

If Montero and Barrow could learn how to play off the ball, link with teammates, anticipate play and time runs like he does, if they could then combine that with their natural pace and ability to beat full backs, we would have two fantastic wingers on our hands. Routledge wouldn't get near the team as he is nowhere near their level one on one with a fullback. Up until that happens though, he is likely to play quite often.
new deals for Leon and Wayne.... on 14:35 - Aug 12 with 3083 viewsjackjackjackjack

If we hadn't offered them a new deal, likely they would have been looking around for a club that would, as they're reaching the end of their football careers. Good decision to keep them in the squad for next season.

Poll: Where will we finish in the Championship ?

new deals for Leon and Wayne.... on 14:38 - Aug 12 with 3069 viewskarnataka

new deals for Leon and Wayne.... on 14:07 - Aug 12 by jack247

If Montero and Barrow could learn how to play off the ball, link with teammates, anticipate play and time runs like he does, if they could then combine that with their natural pace and ability to beat full backs, we would have two fantastic wingers on our hands. Routledge wouldn't get near the team as he is nowhere near their level one on one with a fullback. Up until that happens though, he is likely to play quite often.

Those are all qualities that many fans don't even notice. With good coaching, Barrow may well acquire them as his development in the last 12 months has been excellent but I'm not sure Montero will although I hope I'm wrong.
new deals for Leon and Wayne.... on 14:39 - Aug 12 with 3061 viewsjasper_T

Paying player wages to secure unqualified, inexperienced coaches for the future is bonkers.
Login to get fewer ads

new deals for Leon and Wayne.... on 14:40 - Aug 12 with 3061 viewsAl_Bundy

Not the greatest Routs fan but he can deliver when he gets his head on which unfortunately is not often enough. Finds hiding a speciality when things don't go right or his passing starts going wayward.

Leon will be on the coaching staff no doubt so bridging his playing contract into backroom staff makes sense.
new deals for Leon and Wayne.... on 14:52 - Aug 12 with 3022 viewsFlashberryjack

new deals for Leon and Wayne.... on 14:40 - Aug 12 by Al_Bundy

Not the greatest Routs fan but he can deliver when he gets his head on which unfortunately is not often enough. Finds hiding a speciality when things don't go right or his passing starts going wayward.

Leon will be on the coaching staff no doubt so bridging his playing contract into backroom staff makes sense.

Lots of people calling for Leon to join our coaching staff, not all ex players make good coaches, as we have found out to our cost in the past.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

new deals for Leon and Wayne.... on 15:05 - Aug 12 with 2973 viewsAl_Bundy

new deals for Leon and Wayne.... on 14:52 - Aug 12 by Flashberryjack

Lots of people calling for Leon to join our coaching staff, not all ex players make good coaches, as we have found out to our cost in the past.

Very true and there are many examples. Thing with Leon is he has a wealth of playing experience across all the leagues and communicates well in the media. If he did his badges i'm sure he would pass a lot on to our younger set up having made the journey himself and would be a good role model in my opinion.
new deals for Leon and Wayne.... on 17:08 - Aug 12 with 2784 viewsoldcob

new deals for Leon and Wayne.... on 14:40 - Aug 12 by Al_Bundy

Wayne always seems like a good player who is not playing well to me. Hope he gets confidence from a good pre-season.
new deals for Leon and Wayne.... on 17:28 - Aug 12 with 2753 viewsharryhpalmer

new deals for Leon and Wayne.... on 14:52 - Aug 12 by Flashberryjack

he's doing his badges now, and has been coaching some of the younger groups for over 12 months now.

Poll: Who do you want as next Manager?

new deals for Leon and Wayne.... on 17:31 - Aug 12 with 2742 viewsTummer_from_Texas

I'm hoping Wayne's career with Swansea goes just like Leon's, and he moves back to the midfield as he ages.

Intelligent player with great ball skills, but not the guy I want to see in an attacking position.
[Post edited 12 Aug 2016 17:35]

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

new deals for Leon and Wayne.... on 18:00 - Aug 12 with 2668 viewsveng9

new deals for Leon and Wayne.... on 13:43 - Aug 12 by jacabertawe

No you can't.

I trust I won't be seeing any complaining then that our attack is too slow. I'm sure his one or two goals will be valuable ones. Or maybe you just enjoy little tricks in our own half
[Post edited 12 Aug 2016 18:01]
new deals for Leon and Wayne.... on 18:32 - Aug 12 with 2612 viewsFlashberryjack

new deals for Leon and Wayne.... on 17:28 - Aug 12 by harryhpalmer

he's doing his badges now, and has been coaching some of the younger groups for over 12 months now.

Great news.....at least if we do employ Leon as a coach it'll be because he's good at it, and not a case of "jobs for the boys"

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

new deals for Leon and Wayne.... on 20:46 - Aug 12 with 2478 viewsRancid

Rotledge was one of our best players last season and still has something to offer.He might not be the winger he once was but he's versatile and could slot in anywhere up top.
new deals for Leon and Wayne.... on 22:40 - Aug 12 with 2364 viewsBrynmill_Jack

new deals for Leon and Wayne.... on 18:00 - Aug 12 by veng9

I trust I won't be seeing any complaining then that our attack is too slow. I'm sure his one or two goals will be valuable ones. Or maybe you just enjoy little tricks in our own half

Our attacks being slow has f*ck all to do with Routledge. Blame Garry Monk's coaching methods

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

new deals for Leon and Wayne.... on 05:18 - Aug 13 with 2266 viewsjack247

new deals for Leon and Wayne.... on 18:00 - Aug 12 by veng9

You think he slows our attack down? Jesus. Criticise his goalscoring record by all means, but at least have a clue what you're talking about
new deals for Leon and Wayne.... on 09:01 - Aug 13 with 2206 viewsjasper_T

new deals for Leon and Wayne.... on 17:31 - Aug 12 by Tummer_from_Texas

I'm hoping Wayne's career with Swansea goes just like Leon's, and he moves back to the midfield as he ages.

Intelligent player with great ball skills, but not the guy I want to see in an attacking position.
[Post edited 12 Aug 2016 17:35]

Leon wasn't 31 when he converted to central midfield.
new deals for Leon and Wayne.... on 09:12 - Aug 13 with 2192 viewsZut_Alors

Believe Routs has made more PL appearances for us than anyone apart from Ash. It's funny that he doesn't get the same recognition for what have largely been consistently excellent performances. It's quite right that we reward him with a longer deal. Every successful squad has senior members to provide experience and stability and Routs knows the club well now. Good on him and I imagine he'll be a useful squad member for several years to come.
new deals for Leon and Wayne.... on 09:35 - Aug 13 with 2160 viewsGoldminer

new deals for Leon and Wayne.... on 09:01 - Aug 13 by jasper_T

Leon wasn't 31 when he converted to central midfield.

No he wasn't..but how old was Ryan Giggs when he did?
new deals for Leon and Wayne.... on 10:23 - Aug 13 with 2112 viewsBrynmill_Jack

new deals for Leon and Wayne.... on 09:12 - Aug 13 by Zut_Alors

Believe Routs has made more PL appearances for us than anyone apart from Ash. It's funny that he doesn't get the same recognition for what have largely been consistently excellent performances. It's quite right that we reward him with a longer deal. Every successful squad has senior members to provide experience and stability and Routs knows the club well now. Good on him and I imagine he'll be a useful squad member for several years to come.

I think you're asking an awful lot of some people's intelligence to register that mate.
100% agree, it's people like Routledge/Rangel (the unsung) that have been the glue that has held the club tight together and enabled us to stay in the PL.

I think Laudrup recognized his talents straight away and made him an integral part of his team, the team that attacked the quickest in our PL history!

At one million pounds he has to be one of the best, if not THE best value transfer in Swansea City's history. Yes we got Ash for cheaper and his resale value shocked US all but don't forget that we picked Williams up in the third division, not the PL.

new deals for Leon and Wayne.... on 10:49 - Aug 13 with 2093 viewsDarran

new deals for Leon and Wayne.... on 09:12 - Aug 13 by Zut_Alors

Probably because he's been MIA in most of them.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

new deals for Leon and Wayne.... on 10:52 - Aug 13 with 2091 viewsBrynmill_Jack

new deals for Leon and Wayne.... on 10:49 - Aug 13 by Darran

Probably because he's been MIA in most of them.

This is why I have nominated you to take over from Merson as a pundit. You're clueless but not as hateful. Oh, hang on........

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024