Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bob takes training on Wednesday. Has he arrived yet? 12:50 - Oct 4 with 4591 viewsjackjackjackjack

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37551059

Swansea City's new manager Bob Bradley says his appointment is a key moment for United States football.
The 58-year-old former USA boss is the first American to manage in the Premier League, following the Swans' sacking of Francesco Guidolin.

After his last game in charge of French side Le Havre, Bradley said: "To go to the Premier League is special.
"It's still an opportunity for me, for my family and for American football. That's important."

The Welsh side have won just once in their past seven matches and are 17th in the Premier League table.
Swansea's American owners, Steve Kaplan and Jason Levien, and chairman Huw Jenkins ended the 10-month tenure of Italian Guidolin on Monday with the club above the relegation places only on goal difference.

Bradley beat ex-Manchester United assistant manager Ryan Giggs, former Derby boss Paul Clement and the one-time Villarreal manager Marcelino to the job after spells in Egypt, Norway and France since leaving the USA in 2011.
He spent last season at French second-tier side Le Havre, missing out on promotion to Ligue 1 by a single goal.
"I am sorry to leave, especially at this moment," said Bradley after Monday's 2-1 win over Sochaux, a result that left Le Havre fifth in Ligue 2.
"In a perfect world I would go right to the end with this team just like last year - but football does not control timing."

Bradley is expected to take his first training session at Swansea on Wednesday, with the club's next game against Arsenal at Emirates Stadium on Saturday, 15 October after the international break.

His first decision is likely to be the make-up of his support staff.
Guidolin's backroom team - Diego Bortoluzzi, Gabriele Ambrosetti and Claudio Bordon - were released alongside the 61-year-old, who was dismissed on his birthday.
Club stalwart Alan Curtis, who spent time as interim manager last season following Garry Monk's December departure, is expected to play a key role at the Liberty Stadium.

Poll: Where will we finish in the Championship ?

Bob takes training on Wednesday. Has he arrived yet? on 13:02 - Oct 4 with 3268 viewshammy

Looks like Curt will be expected to keep us up again then ...

C'mon Bony shoot !!!!

Bob takes training on Wednesday. Has he arrived yet? on 13:04 - Oct 4 with 3255 viewsTheKirkyLife

Didn't ever hear Paul Clement's name in there. I felt he did pretty well at Derby in all honesty.

Curt better have a key role. The more I think of him and Bradley together the more encouraged I am to be honest. Let's not pre-judge until a ball has been kicked for real.
Bob takes training on Wednesday. Has he arrived yet? on 13:30 - Oct 4 with 3189 viewssa3swan

The kids' development squad training sessions at Fairwood have all been cancelled tomorrow evening so he must be planning on keeping them late!
Bob takes training on Wednesday. Has he arrived yet? on 13:32 - Oct 4 with 3173 viewsDafyddHuw

So we turned down Clement and Marcelino for Bucket Bob.

Doesn't he need a work permit btw
Bob takes training on Wednesday. Has he arrived yet? on 13:40 - Oct 4 with 3128 viewsJACKARSE

I thought Brexit was stopping all these immigrant workers .....
Bob takes training on Wednesday. Has he arrived yet? on 13:45 - Oct 4 with 3113 viewsmax936

A key moment for United States Football it is then, dear me, never mind the United frigging States get the job done at our Club first Bob that's your priority the rest will take care of itself.
[Post edited 4 Oct 2016 13:52]

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Bob takes training on Wednesday. Has he arrived yet? on 13:49 - Oct 4 with 3097 viewsLeonisGod

Bob takes training on Wednesday. Has he arrived yet? on 13:32 - Oct 4 by DafyddHuw

So we turned down Clement and Marcelino for Bucket Bob.

Doesn't he need a work permit btw

I'm not sure how the work permit's work for managers, but seeing as he's in France he presumably ticks the EU boxes already. His spell as international manager won't have hurt either, although that's a few years ago now.
Bob takes training on Wednesday. Has he arrived yet? on 14:04 - Oct 4 with 3045 viewsSgorioFruit

Bob takes training on Wednesday. Has he arrived yet? on 13:04 - Oct 4 by TheKirkyLife

Didn't ever hear Paul Clement's name in there. I felt he did pretty well at Derby in all honesty.

Curt better have a key role. The more I think of him and Bradley together the more encouraged I am to be honest. Let's not pre-judge until a ball has been kicked for real.

My thoughts exactly. Curt to calm things down a bit.
Stability through Curt.

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Login to get fewer ads

Bob takes training on Wednesday. Has he arrived yet? on 14:10 - Oct 4 with 3005 viewsAustinIsOurHero

"It's still an opportunity for me, for my family and for American football. That's important."

FFS Bob, eyes on the prize 1st yeah?!

Poll: How many points will be get from the next two games?

Bob takes training on Wednesday. Has he arrived yet? on 14:13 - Oct 4 with 2990 viewsmax936

Bob takes training on Wednesday. Has he arrived yet? on 14:10 - Oct 4 by AustinIsOurHero

FFS Bob, eyes on the prize 1st yeah?!

Made a great impression so far, fair play, just hope there's room in the dressing room for the players.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Bob takes training on Wednesday. Has he arrived yet? on 14:14 - Oct 4 with 2987 viewsLeonisGod

Bob takes training on Wednesday. Has he arrived yet? on 14:04 - Oct 4 by SgorioFruit

My thoughts exactly. Curt to calm things down a bit.
Stability through Curt.

Same reason players like Dyer have been awarded new long-term deals I reckon. We've extended the contracts of long-serving players who we can rely on to hang around. We've been able to rely on them even if they're not world beaters, and even if they are now tailing off, they form a loyal core who understand the club. This will help new players settle. I may be wrong of course, but I hope not as the thought that Dyer is our long-term answer to improve the squad is quite scary.

I also reckon Ash saw the writing on the wall. He'll have seen the way the takeover was progressing and probably thought 'bugger this'. It's just a case, but I suspect if we'd have carried on as we were he wouldn't have suddenly looked for a "new challenge".
Bob takes training on Wednesday. Has he arrived yet? on 14:19 - Oct 4 with 2962 viewsvetchonian

Bob takes training on Wednesday. Has he arrived yet? on 13:04 - Oct 4 by TheKirkyLife

As long as its not turning the key in the padlocks when the gates are chained up follwoing the receivers being called in

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Bob takes training on Wednesday. Has he arrived yet? on 14:36 - Oct 4 with 2886 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Bob takes training on Wednesday. Has he arrived yet? on 14:14 - Oct 4 by LeonisGod

Same reason players like Dyer have been awarded new long-term deals I reckon. We've extended the contracts of long-serving players who we can rely on to hang around. We've been able to rely on them even if they're not world beaters, and even if they are now tailing off, they form a loyal core who understand the club. This will help new players settle. I may be wrong of course, but I hope not as the thought that Dyer is our long-term answer to improve the squad is quite scary.

I also reckon Ash saw the writing on the wall. He'll have seen the way the takeover was progressing and probably thought 'bugger this'. It's just a case, but I suspect if we'd have carried on as we were he wouldn't have suddenly looked for a "new challenge".

It feels like Williams was aware of what was/is happening and jumped ship.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Bob takes training on Wednesday. Has he arrived yet? on 15:41 - Oct 4 with 2761 viewsmidswan

Bob takes training on Wednesday. Has he arrived yet? on 14:36 - Oct 4 by JACKMANANDBOY

And maybe that's the answer to why a fair few of our players have looked less than enthusiastic thus far, unprofessional for sure but that's the modern game.
Bob takes training on Wednesday. Has he arrived yet? on 15:48 - Oct 4 with 2738 viewsmonmouth

The most encouraging thing I've read about Bradley is that his players tend to take to him. So with him and curt running things maybe we won't get any pathetic backbiting. Taylor/Moralee needs to be booted out though.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Bob takes training on Wednesday. Has he arrived yet? on 15:50 - Oct 4 with 2723 viewsjasper_T

Bob takes training on Wednesday. Has he arrived yet? on 14:36 - Oct 4 by JACKMANANDBOY

I doubt it, Ash was always ready to move up when the chance came.

If Everton or similar came calling two seasons ago he would have gone just as quickly. That's football.
Bob takes training on Wednesday. Has he arrived yet? on 16:02 - Oct 4 with 2671 viewsEilian

A little bird told me that a big reason that bob was chosen was the likely hood that he would be able to work well with Curt and other staff that are already in place. Bobs training style and his attitude to sport science is something that matches the club ethos. Unlike his predecessors.
Apparently, this is something that almost all the players will welcome with open arms.
Bob takes training on Wednesday. Has he arrived yet? on 16:09 - Oct 4 with 2649 viewsmonmouth

Bob takes training on Wednesday. Has he arrived yet? on 16:02 - Oct 4 by Eilian

A little bird told me that a big reason that bob was chosen was the likely hood that he would be able to work well with Curt and other staff that are already in place. Bobs training style and his attitude to sport science is something that matches the club ethos. Unlike his predecessors.
Apparently, this is something that almost all the players will welcome with open arms.

The Trust issues, and the way the club has handled itself, worry me far more than this sacking and appointment to be honest.

Bob takes training on Wednesday. Has he arrived yet? on 16:14 - Oct 4 with 2630 viewsEilian

Well yeah obviously! ha ha

It's kind of crazy! If I was a betting man then i would say that Hj+the yanks decided to make a quick bold decision.
They simply forgot or didn't realise that it was his birthday and didn't think that the fans would react to an American being appointed the way that they did.

This club needs a better PR machine. It's flucking laughable!
Bob takes training on Wednesday. Has he arrived yet? on 16:20 - Oct 4 with 2603 viewsEilian

Also, the fact that the international break would give Bob a chance to work with the players for 18 days before Watford at home which they all probably know is a six-pointer already. They probably thought they were doing the right thing in acting quickly.

just for the record. I think Bob is exactly what we need! He will bring hard work and organisation. Especially at set pieces. His
Bob takes training on Wednesday. Has he arrived yet? on 16:24 - Oct 4 with 2578 viewsmonmouth

Bob takes training on Wednesday. Has he arrived yet? on 16:20 - Oct 4 by Eilian

Also, the fact that the international break would give Bob a chance to work with the players for 18 days before Watford at home which they all probably know is a six-pointer already. They probably thought they were doing the right thing in acting quickly.

just for the record. I think Bob is exactly what we need! He will bring hard work and organisation. Especially at set pieces. His

He's our manager now. I'm 100% aligned with him being a success. It's not the first time we've taken an unholy risk, but this is by far the biggest roll of the dice. Sometimes any change is for the better. Sometimes not. Brings a bit of spice to procedings anyway.

Bob takes training on Wednesday. Has he arrived yet? on 16:30 - Oct 4 with 2544 viewsnierika

Bob takes training on Wednesday. Has he arrived yet? on 16:14 - Oct 4 by Eilian

Well yeah obviously! ha ha

It's kind of crazy! If I was a betting man then i would say that Hj+the yanks decided to make a quick bold decision.
They simply forgot or didn't realise that it was his birthday and didn't think that the fans would react to an American being appointed the way that they did.

This club needs a better PR machine. It's flucking laughable!

So you would have preferred they waited until the day after his birthday? He's a grown man FFS. Im 37 and my birthday doesnt matter anymore.
Bob takes training on Wednesday. Has he arrived yet? on 16:36 - Oct 4 with 2521 viewsEilian

Bob takes training on Wednesday. Has he arrived yet? on 16:30 - Oct 4 by nierika

So you would have preferred they waited until the day after his birthday? He's a grown man FFS. Im 37 and my birthday doesnt matter anymore.

Not at all. It may have made the decision seem less harsh and possibly a little less like a panic decision. It's a matter of PR. It's just what it looks like to the public and media.

HJ needs to come out and make a statement and help people calm themselves down.
Bob takes training on Wednesday. Has he arrived yet? on 16:40 - Oct 4 with 2497 viewsstAteSwan

Bob takes training on Wednesday. Has he arrived yet? on 16:20 - Oct 4 by Eilian

It's almost certain that Bradley will be one of the hardest working managers Swansea has had in a while. Keep in mind that he is still lauded internationally for sticking with the Egypt job against his own Government's advice in 2012. He stayed in Cairo in a middle class Apartment in the middle of the Arab Spring, and kept the National team together for a year in which the Egyptian League was shut down because of the stadium disaster there.

The biggest knock is the inability to win the one game that would have really improved his resume. He missed out on the Confederations Cup title, missed out by a game of getting Egypt to the World Cup, and missed out by a goal of promoting Le Havre. Accomplishing any single one of those things probably alters the course of his career significantly.
Bob takes training on Wednesday. Has he arrived yet? on 16:43 - Oct 4 with 2479 viewsEilian

Bob takes training on Wednesday. Has he arrived yet? on 16:40 - Oct 4 by stAteSwan

It's almost certain that Bradley will be one of the hardest working managers Swansea has had in a while. Keep in mind that he is still lauded internationally for sticking with the Egypt job against his own Government's advice in 2012. He stayed in Cairo in a middle class Apartment in the middle of the Arab Spring, and kept the National team together for a year in which the Egyptian League was shut down because of the stadium disaster there.

The biggest knock is the inability to win the one game that would have really improved his resume. He missed out on the Confederations Cup title, missed out by a game of getting Egypt to the World Cup, and missed out by a goal of promoting Le Havre. Accomplishing any single one of those things probably alters the course of his career significantly.

Exactly. Let's just hope our season doesn't come down to one game! :)
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024