Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone ever complained to Lidl? 11:00 - Dec 27 with 3111 viewsPegojack

My mum bought me a £10 bottle of six year old Borolo in Port Talbot Lidl's a few weeks ago for my Christmas Day lunch, knowing it's my favourite red wine.

When I opened it and poured, a pale red vinegar like liquid emerged from the bottle. One sip told me it had as much similarity to Borolo as Brad Bobbley has to a football manager. Almost spoiled my Christmas lunch, I had been looking forward to it that much.

I'm not driving all the way to Baglan Moors to take it back. Any suggestions about the best way to complain?
Anyone ever complained to Lidl? on 11:04 - Dec 27 with 3079 viewsLeonWasGod

Stand outside the store chanting 'we want our Borolo back, we want our Borolo back'. Hasn't worked down the Liberty yet but it is getting under their skin.
Anyone ever complained to Lidl? on 11:06 - Dec 27 with 3064 viewsProfessor

Sounds liked an oxidised or 'corked' bottle rather than the wine itself. As faulty you should be able to return to any branch. If not try Lidl customer services.
Anyone ever complained to Lidl? on 11:07 - Dec 27 with 3060 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

I had a friend who once brought some milk that had gone sour from Tesco's in Stokes Croft, I'd say adopt a direct approach?

[Post edited 27 Dec 2016 11:19]

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Anyone ever complained to Lidl? on 11:17 - Dec 27 with 3027 viewsjacktar

I would try customer services . you can do it online at:

https://ssl.lidl.co.uk/en/customer-service-contact-form-uk.htm

They may have had other complaints about that particular vintage so may just send you a replacement or refund.

We shouldn't all be tarred with the same brush you know!

Anyone ever complained to Lidl? on 11:21 - Dec 27 with 3004 viewsmonmouth

Complain? That's how it's meant to taste sir.

Oh I see, you thought a ten pound Barolo should taste like, er, Barolo. Would you like a sit down?

Actually I've had that in the past and it's normally drinkable (I'm not a wine snob mind, thats a penlan opinion) Take it back to your local store.

Better still just forget it and if you want a ten pound wine try Sainsbury Barberesco (same grape as Barolo) or best of all just get a bottle of jip jip (thanks Warwick!), from Waitrose and drink a toast to Lidl vinegar for new year.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Anyone ever complained to Lidl? on 11:23 - Dec 27 with 2995 viewsmax936

Anyone ever complained to Lidl? on 11:07 - Dec 27 by JACKMANANDBOY

I had a friend who once brought some milk that had gone sour from Tesco's in Stokes Croft, I'd say adopt a direct approach?

[Post edited 27 Dec 2016 11:19]

I like that approach too, its not so much that the wine was spoilt, but it also spoilt the best lunch of the year your Christmas Day Lunch which is priceless, take them for everything Mike don't accept anything that's second best.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Anyone ever complained to Lidl? on 11:24 - Dec 27 with 2993 viewsblueytheblue

Wine? Wine? How positively bohemian.

Jack Daniels and Coke* all the way, rock and roll dude.

* Personally, use Cherry Pepsi Max instead... much better

Poll: Alternate POTY final

Anyone ever complained to Lidl? on 11:26 - Dec 27 with 2987 viewsDDCH

Yeah, the till went a bit mental and ended up with 3 staff under it trying to fix it. I paid for the lot quickly as is the usual Lidl high pressure way of scan and get the hell away from my till as I am scanning the next customer. When I got home I had been charged 3 times for the same item. Had to call and took around 3 weeks before I got a letter to go to the store, and have them take the money off my next shop.

That is a hassle as the till staff can't do it and have to call a supervisor. Almost caused the bloke behind me to explode in rage.

The poster formally known as DannyDyersChocolateHomunculus

Login to get fewer ads

Anyone ever complained to Lidl? on 13:50 - Dec 27 with 2833 viewsPegojack

Anyone ever complained to Lidl? on 11:17 - Dec 27 by jacktar

I would try customer services . you can do it online at:

https://ssl.lidl.co.uk/en/customer-service-contact-form-uk.htm

They may have had other complaints about that particular vintage so may just send you a replacement or refund.

Thanks, Jacktar, a complaint has been sent using your form. We'll see what happens.
Anyone ever complained to Lidl? on 15:08 - Dec 27 with 2729 viewsCountyJim

They are very good in store as well had no problem when i complained about a roasting joint i brought

Think abouti t they wouldn't want a scene in store would they
Anyone ever complained to Lidl? on 17:20 - Dec 27 with 2616 viewsWxmJax

Funny enough the only bad bottle of wine I've ever bought was also a bottle of barolo from Lidl about 5 or 6 years ago to celebrate New Year's Eve which cost £18 and was really poor. Should have taken it back but the time and effort didn't seem worth it. I wish I had now.

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

Anyone ever complained to Lidl? on 18:22 - Dec 27 with 2548 viewsLoyal

Anyone ever complained to Lidl? on 15:08 - Dec 27 by CountyJim

They are very good in store as well had no problem when i complained about a roasting joint i brought

Think abouti t they wouldn't want a scene in store would they

I bought a spit roast in Lidl once, lasted about a week.
Very flimsy when in full flow.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024