Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Your Dog 20:48 - Feb 10 with 1484 viewsDavillin

Your dog:

Dogs

I’ve learned a lot from living with a pack
For almost fifty years of faithfulness
And laughter and amazement.

The lesson most important of all is that
A dog doesn’t love you because you’re you.
He loves you because he’s him.

My dog:

[Post edited 10 Feb 2017 21:11]

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

Your Dog on 21:03 - Feb 10 with 1462 viewsSnakePlissken

I got a little jack Russell, he's an absolute character, loves kids but hates other dogs with a passion. He will take on any dog no matter what breed. Fuking nightmare taking him for a walk, but wouldn't swap him for the world
Your Dog on 21:16 - Feb 10 with 1441 viewsswanjackal

Your Dog on 21:03 - Feb 10 by SnakePlissken

I got a little jack Russell, he's an absolute character, loves kids but hates other dogs with a passion. He will take on any dog no matter what breed. Fuking nightmare taking him for a walk, but wouldn't swap him for the world

Exactly the same with mine. 13 and still believes it is a pup. Hates other dogs, and cats, can't even put them on the TV or she'll jump through the screen.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

Your Dog on 21:18 - Feb 10 with 1440 viewsowainglyndwr

We have a Border Collie he does something different that always surprises us.
I am sure that we learn from him not him from us.
Your Dog on 21:27 - Feb 10 with 1422 viewslonglostjack

14 year old incontinent Cocker Spaniel - we love him to bits!

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Your Dog on 21:51 - Feb 10 with 1394 viewsmax936

We lost ours well over a year ago now, but still haven't got another as much as I'd like one it wouldn't be the right decision Mrs works 3 days a week, lad works part time as well and I'm full-time so it would be very irresponsible to get another.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Your Dog on 22:08 - Feb 10 with 1374 viewsepaul

Your Dog on 21:18 - Feb 10 by owainglyndwr

We have a Border Collie he does something different that always surprises us.
I am sure that we learn from him not him from us.

Same here, well Border collie cross and she barking mad, barks at fresh air. However when we take her for a walk say the beach has absolutely no interest in any other dogs whatsoever, all she wants to do is just run after the tennis ball all day long, or stones.

She does however mother Bertie the cat in equal quantities that she winds him up!!

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Your Dog on 00:53 - Feb 11 with 1326 viewsLoyal

I've often wondered how intelligent dogs are really.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Your Dog on 02:35 - Feb 11 with 1310 viewsDavillin

Your Dog on 00:53 - Feb 11 by Loyal

I've often wondered how intelligent dogs are really.

As I wrote above, I've lived with a pack of dogs for about 50 years. The range of intelligence in dogs runs in a bell curve not dissimilar from that of humans -- some very intelligent, most "average," and some less so.

It has been my experience -- and my firm conviction -- that dogs have a normal high intelligence that can be nurtured into very high intelligence.

If you start when they're pups -- say about 8 weeks old -- and spend lots of quality time with them, and talk to them a lot, you can take them to their fullest potential.

My first dog [in this pack] was a mixed breed female named "Herbie," who lived to be 17 or 18, and had come to as a pup from a shelter. She was a genius.

The two other geniuses were my last two, both of whom came as adult rescues, but who lived with me entirely during my retirement, which meant being with me almost 24/7. [Murphy is gone now, and I miss him every day.] I often think they could read my mind.

When you get your next dog, remember that how you treat them from the very first day will determine both their intelligence and their character and behaviour. They learn far more from how you behave with them and treat them than what you "tell them" to do or not to do.

I can't remember where I got this quote, but I would love it to be true -- "You'll know you're in Heaven when every dog you ever loved comes running out of the gates to greet you."

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

Login to get fewer ads

Your Dog on 07:01 - Feb 11 with 1287 viewsjackal

Had a lurcher who died when he was 17. My constant companion,
I haven't replaced him.
Only thing wrong with him is that he was a Blackburn Rovers supporter. (Don't ask).
Your Dog on 08:25 - Feb 11 with 1260 viewsMongos_Candygram

Two Devil Dogs in our family. Staffies called Archie and Roxy. Those who know me know other than music and Adidas Gazelles dogs are my life. These two are the most doting and loyal dogs I've ever known. Will defend this, and any other breed to the ends of the Earth. All a dog wants is to be loved as much as it loves its family

https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/600726_10154077815679379_446692977

Spanish balloons? Mongo take chance

Your Dog on 09:55 - Feb 11 with 1204 viewsmax936

Your Dog on 08:25 - Feb 11 by Mongos_Candygram

Two Devil Dogs in our family. Staffies called Archie and Roxy. Those who know me know other than music and Adidas Gazelles dogs are my life. These two are the most doting and loyal dogs I've ever known. Will defend this, and any other breed to the ends of the Earth. All a dog wants is to be loved as much as it loves its family

https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/600726_10154077815679379_446692977

My Uncle when he was alive had a few Staffies none of them were anything other than gentle loving lambs, unfortunately they both suffered from one health problem or another, but wonderful dogs they were treated like babies and loved to bits and I guess they responded to that by being exactly that.

When you think about it, I suppose its much like kids and the homes they come from in a strange comparison and the way they are brought up.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Your Dog on 10:03 - Feb 11 with 1195 viewsowainglyndwr

Your Dog on 22:08 - Feb 10 by epaul

Same here, well Border collie cross and she barking mad, barks at fresh air. However when we take her for a walk say the beach has absolutely no interest in any other dogs whatsoever, all she wants to do is just run after the tennis ball all day long, or stones.

She does however mother Bertie the cat in equal quantities that she winds him up!!

Yep don't want to bother with other dogs not happy if they come to sniff him.
Mind you there was a tri coloured bitch in Llys Nini a few years back which we decided it would be company for him ( he was great with )
But on return she was reserved.
He is never alone but hates it if we split and walk in different directions.
He lays down like a lump of concrete if this happens
Your Dog on 11:33 - Feb 11 with 1159 viewsexiledclaseboy

11 year old Bichon. Been a grumpy old man since he was about six months old. As much a part of that family as anyone else.

Poll: Tory leader

Your Dog on 11:39 - Feb 11 with 1151 viewslondonlisa2001

14 week old Vizsla. Spent the morning wondering what the hell the white stuff is falling onto her head...
Your Dog on 11:42 - Feb 11 with 1147 viewsDarran

Pixie & Poppy say hi.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Your Dog on 14:02 - Feb 11 with 1078 viewsLoyal

Your Dog on 11:39 - Feb 11 by londonlisa2001

14 week old Vizsla. Spent the morning wondering what the hell the white stuff is falling onto her head...

You've spilt your weekends supply off the table ?

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Your Dog on 18:53 - Feb 11 with 1022 viewsGowerjack

Your Dog on 14:02 - Feb 11 by Loyal

You've spilt your weekends supply off the table ?

We've a Border Terrier named Django.

Part of the family we all love him to bits.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Your Dog on 19:01 - Feb 11 with 1018 viewsGreekSwan

Your Dog on 21:03 - Feb 10 by SnakePlissken

You just described my jack Russell 😁 they are fantastic dogs tho
Your Dog on 23:38 - Feb 11 with 957 viewsSwanzay

Here is mine as you say Dav, we learn from them too

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024