Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Good article... 10:22 - Apr 12 with 7482 viewsscottishjack

http://www.football365.com/news/the-sad-story-of-swansea-and-a-broken-trust
Good article... on 10:41 - Apr 12 with 6153 viewsJack_y_Jwc

very good article - he's more in tune with reality than some of our supporters, even board members!

Good article... on 10:52 - Apr 12 with 6121 viewsLoyal

Is Goldstein a swans fan ?

PS error ridden fckr I am today.
[Post edited 12 Apr 2017 14:03]

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Good article... on 11:13 - Apr 12 with 6070 viewslonglostjack

Very good article. BBC Wales, SWEP and Wales Online take note !

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Good article... on 11:32 - Apr 12 with 6032 viewsCooperman

Good article... on 11:13 - Apr 12 by longlostjack

Very good article. BBC Wales, SWEP and Wales Online take note !

Spot on.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Good article... on 12:26 - Apr 12 with 5927 viewsSPboy

Who is Peter Goldstein? How come he seems to know so many much, very unlike most journalists in our local rags
Good article... on 12:53 - Apr 12 with 5859 viewsplashch

Good article... on 12:26 - Apr 12 by SPboy

Who is Peter Goldstein? How come he seems to know so many much, very unlike most journalists in our local rags

Hi, I'm Peter Goldstein, the guy who wrote the article. Actually, I'm just a football obsessive who lives in the USA and follows the Premier League very closely. Football 365 has graciously allowed me to write for them, and I've been doing a series on the clubs below the top six, the ones that don't get as much media attention. As far as off-the-pitch events go, I don't know more than anyone else--I just did a bunch of research, including reading this message board, and wrote what I thought.

In addition, as a complete obsessive, I watch every Premier League game every week (this is possible in the USA), and have done so now for over three years. So my thoughts on the actual football come from my own observations and memories.

Thanks to those on this board for your very kind words. The supporters are the heart of Swansea City. I very much hope the club can stay up. If not, I won't be able to watch all the matches, but I'll still follow the story and the club very closely.
Good article... on 12:55 - Apr 12 with 5853 viewsLeonWasGod

He writes a lot of sense - I particularly like this one about the importance of not taking stats at face value without interpreting them in context.

http://www.football365.com/news/statistics-without-context-xmas-without-dinner

edit - linked to that, he's got another stats - based column here http://www.football365.com/news/expected-goals-overperformers-and-underperfomers Interesting section that explains Fab's apparent low save percentages and why this might not means he's necessarily having a bad season as some on here would have you believe.
[Post edited 12 Apr 2017 12:57]
Good article... on 12:56 - Apr 12 with 5842 viewswestside

Broken Trust sums everything about our club up
Login to get fewer ads

Good article... on 13:06 - Apr 12 with 5802 viewsLeonWasGod

Good article... on 12:53 - Apr 12 by plashch

Hi, I'm Peter Goldstein, the guy who wrote the article. Actually, I'm just a football obsessive who lives in the USA and follows the Premier League very closely. Football 365 has graciously allowed me to write for them, and I've been doing a series on the clubs below the top six, the ones that don't get as much media attention. As far as off-the-pitch events go, I don't know more than anyone else--I just did a bunch of research, including reading this message board, and wrote what I thought.

In addition, as a complete obsessive, I watch every Premier League game every week (this is possible in the USA), and have done so now for over three years. So my thoughts on the actual football come from my own observations and memories.

Thanks to those on this board for your very kind words. The supporters are the heart of Swansea City. I very much hope the club can stay up. If not, I won't be able to watch all the matches, but I'll still follow the story and the club very closely.

Well, great piece even without any insider knowledge. Just shows that if they really bothered to our local press could do a lot, lot better.

Thanks and keep up the good work
Good article... on 13:34 - Apr 12 with 5741 viewsLoyal

I always thought from your informed articles Peter that you were a Swansea fan, or at least a follower from afar. Fair play you have the edge on the well paid journos over here, maybe our new David Conn 👍

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.

Good article... on 14:22 - Apr 12 with 5630 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Peter, well done in getting to the essence of the Swans problems.
You were of course much more polite about the sell out than the fans on here.
Good article... on 15:22 - Apr 12 with 5556 viewsDarran

Hi Pete do you like Cheap Trick?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Good article... on 16:13 - Apr 12 with 5479 viewsWingstandwood

Good article... on 13:06 - Apr 12 by LeonWasGod

Well, great piece even without any insider knowledge. Just shows that if they really bothered to our local press could do a lot, lot better.

Thanks and keep up the good work

It makes our local press look like a complete and utter bunch of downright amateurs! It makes our local press look nothing but a disgraceful bunch of half-arsed, apathetic impostors and insult to their profession.

They should take a read of that and hold their heads in complete and utter shame. An article of that quality should have appeared in the SWEP months back!!!!!!! Well it does rather look like objective journalism/reporting of that quality is way, way, way beyond them.

Argus!

Good article... on 16:23 - Apr 12 with 5457 viewsshandyjack

A few minor errors in the article that shouldn't be there but overall a decent read

Poll: Expectation for the season

Good article... on 16:29 - Apr 12 with 5447 viewsmonmouth

Good article... on 16:13 - Apr 12 by Wingstandwood

It makes our local press look like a complete and utter bunch of downright amateurs! It makes our local press look nothing but a disgraceful bunch of half-arsed, apathetic impostors and insult to their profession.

They should take a read of that and hold their heads in complete and utter shame. An article of that quality should have appeared in the SWEP months back!!!!!!! Well it does rather look like objective journalism/reporting of that quality is way, way, way beyond them.

Doubt it mate, they just won't bite the hand that feeds them, or gives them access. They are not journalists, they are hardly reporters.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Good article... on 16:29 - Apr 12 with 5447 viewsplashch

Good article... on 15:22 - Apr 12 by Darran

Hi Pete do you like Cheap Trick?

Actually don't know their music very well...
Good article... on 16:30 - Apr 12 with 5439 viewsDarran

Good article... on 16:29 - Apr 12 by plashch

Actually don't know their music very well...

Mmmm im not sure we're going to get on,good article though.

Good article... on 16:54 - Apr 12 with 5399 viewsSPboy

Peter, your article was a great read. Will keep an eye out for more of your stuff in the future
Good article... on 17:26 - Apr 12 with 5346 viewsCooperman

YJB!

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Good article... on 17:45 - Apr 12 with 5310 viewsswan65split

A good read, but sadly , I feel its just another nail in our coffin, all this muck happening at such a crucial time, I hope it has a positive effect on the players, and not the oppositte , times running out.
Good article... on 17:45 - Apr 12 with 5307 viewsDarran

Should have added the gang of minders that were congregating ready to protect the directors box the minute the final whistle went to the article.

Good article... on 17:57 - Apr 12 with 5283 viewscimlajack

Excellent article,thank you.

I hope you remembered to send the Tenner off to become a Trust member,you would be very welcome,i'm sure
Good article... on 18:07 - Apr 12 with 5265 viewsLoyal

Good article... on 17:45 - Apr 12 by Darran

Should have added the gang of minders that were congregating ready to protect the directors box the minute the final whistle went to the article.

It's a tricky business having 24 hour protection.
And expensive.

Good article... on 19:19 - Apr 12 with 5191 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Welcome Peter, and please keep posting here. And thanks for the donation to the Supporters Trust!

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Good article... on 21:11 - Apr 12 with 5072 viewsdameedna

Top notch. Better than that video that I have on the shelf but not watched as the clips were so bad. It is a sad era for Swansea City with lies and profiteering at the helm. Monk should have taken us down
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024