Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Torrevieja, Alicante 18:11 - Apr 28 with 6448 viewsmorningstar

Long shot maybe, but does anyone know of anywhere that would show the last game of the season against WBA? The obvious problem of course is that all games will kick off at the same time!

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Torrevieja, Alicante on 18:33 - Apr 28 with 4641 viewsmalagajack

Have a mate there, will have a word
Torrevieja, Alicante on 18:41 - Apr 28 with 4627 viewsmorningstar

Torrevieja, Alicante on 18:33 - Apr 28 by malagajack

Have a mate there, will have a word

Nice one Mals!

Torrevieja, Alicante on 15:34 - Apr 29 with 4427 viewsjackthepeg

Take a laptop or similar device if you have one and find a stream
Torrevieja, Alicante on 15:41 - Apr 29 with 4419 viewsmorningstar

Torrevieja, Alicante on 15:34 - Apr 29 by jackthepeg

Take a laptop or similar device if you have one and find a stream

I'm thinking about taking my Kodi box. Hotel has wi-fi, so there's no reason it shouldn't work?

Torrevieja, Alicante on 15:39 - May 2 with 4244 viewsBorojack

Torrevieja, Alicante on 15:41 - Apr 29 by morningstar

I'm thinking about taking my Kodi box. Hotel has wi-fi, so there's no reason it shouldn't work?

bein Sports show all the PL games live with English commentary.
I was in Lanzarote last weekend and there were loads of Sports bars showing all the games.
The only downside was having to.listen to that annoying tw@t Richard Keys trying to be clever.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins be sacked

Torrevieja, Alicante on 15:50 - May 2 with 4224 viewsjack247

They normally don't have great wifi Gar. Heavy buffering. I've done it and ended up using my phone as a personal data hotspot. Chomps through your data but does work. Plus the tv in the hotel may not have HDMI or allow you to select source. Worst case scenario find a quiet bar and run your Kodi box through their tv and your phone.

There's bound to be an English or Irish bar showing all games anyway though?
Torrevieja, Alicante on 16:40 - May 2 with 4188 viewsSTID2017

Would definetly work.
If not already subscibed, worth subscribing to StreamTVBox - £4 for 2 days to cover the weekend.
You can then watch it on any device (e.g. I loaded Kodi onto my tablet and watched Bournemouth & Palace games on it over Xmas / New Year period.)
Not as good as the 60" but still perfect reception

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Torrevieja, Alicante on 16:42 - May 2 with 4185 viewsjack247

Torrevieja, Alicante on 16:40 - May 2 by STID2017

Would definetly work.
If not already subscibed, worth subscribing to StreamTVBox - £4 for 2 days to cover the weekend.
You can then watch it on any device (e.g. I loaded Kodi onto my tablet and watched Bournemouth & Palace games on it over Xmas / New Year period.)
Not as good as the 60" but still perfect reception

Only works if wherever you are staying has reasonable speed broadband. Most hotels don't as their wifi isn't usually geared to streaming
Login to get fewer ads

Torrevieja, Alicante on 17:00 - May 2 with 4163 viewsSTID2017

Torrevieja, Alicante on 16:42 - May 2 by jack247

Only works if wherever you are staying has reasonable speed broadband. Most hotels don't as their wifi isn't usually geared to streaming

What about Macdonalds, Coffee houses etc ? Most of them offer free wifi which seems to work fine wherever I've been. Worth putting up with a dodgy burger or coffee for the wi-fi service

Torrevieja, Alicante on 17:38 - May 2 with 4137 viewsperchrockjack

Gary

Ive had better streams on my tablet in Spain and Holland than at home

I d have thought so many ex pats in Torrie you d have no problem

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Torrevieja, Alicante on 18:58 - May 2 with 4084 viewsSTID2017

Torrevieja, Alicante on 17:38 - May 2 by perchrockjack

Gary

Ive had better streams on my tablet in Spain and Holland than at home

I d have thought so many ex pats in Torrie you d have no problem

Sperch
Should talk to your internet provider if you can better than Virgin away from home

Torrevieja, Alicante on 19:05 - May 2 with 4080 viewsSTID2017

Went to Torrevieja several years ago on a search for property.
Shows us lots of nice areas like villas within Golf Resorts as well as taking us down to La Manga.
In spite of knowing how much we could afford at the time, they showed us loads of plush properties, before showing us either pitiful apartments, nicer properties further out of town or wonderful properties "off plan"
Made me think of Bullseye -"Look what you could have had"
Can't say I was impressed by Torrevieja

Torrevieja, Alicante on 19:07 - May 2 with 4074 viewsjack247

Torrevieja, Alicante on 17:00 - May 2 by STID2017

What about Macdonalds, Coffee houses etc ? Most of them offer free wifi which seems to work fine wherever I've been. Worth putting up with a dodgy burger or coffee for the wi-fi service

Never tried that. Would work fine as long as their broadband is fast enough. Not sure where he would plug his Kodi box though.
Torrevieja, Alicante on 19:14 - May 2 with 4064 viewsSTID2017

Torrevieja, Alicante on 19:07 - May 2 by jack247

Never tried that. Would work fine as long as their broadband is fast enough. Not sure where he would plug his Kodi box though.

Sorry I meant if he had an android tablet and loaded Kodi onto it.
I did that on my 10" Samsung and loaded Kodi, subscribed to StreamTVBox and sorted.
It is great for individual viewing - headphones required if you want to listen to the commentary.
Of course make sure it's fully charge before the game.
Quite a few available in central Torrovieja e.g.

Rancho Beach
Cafe / Restaurant
Torrevieja

WiFi access: unrestricted
WiFi signal & speed: good
Power outlet access: multiple outlets
[Post edited 2 May 2017 19:16]

Torrevieja, Alicante on 19:50 - May 2 with 4005 viewsperchrockjack

I'm with sky who ate blocking some streams

We re waiting for BT to do fibre optic

In the sticks here ,really

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Torrevieja, Alicante on 20:12 - May 2 with 3990 viewsmorningstar

Torrevieja, Alicante on 19:05 - May 2 by STID2017

Went to Torrevieja several years ago on a search for property.
Shows us lots of nice areas like villas within Golf Resorts as well as taking us down to La Manga.
In spite of knowing how much we could afford at the time, they showed us loads of plush properties, before showing us either pitiful apartments, nicer properties further out of town or wonderful properties "off plan"
Made me think of Bullseye -"Look what you could have had"
Can't say I was impressed by Torrevieja

That's why we're going there STID. Not looking at Torrevieja exclusively, but reckon we may be able to snatch a bargain in the Alicante area as a lot of people are looking to offload due to Brexit..

Anyway, thank you everyone for your advice, but i'm not allowed to take anything with me except my phone. Mrs Star's orders! So i'll take my chances on finding a bar or sit by the pool and wait for the call from Steve or Jase!

Torrevieja, Alicante on 21:42 - May 2 with 3950 viewsAlgorfajack

Torrevieja, Alicante on 20:12 - May 2 by morningstar

That's why we're going there STID. Not looking at Torrevieja exclusively, but reckon we may be able to snatch a bargain in the Alicante area as a lot of people are looking to offload due to Brexit..

Anyway, thank you everyone for your advice, but i'm not allowed to take anything with me except my phone. Mrs Star's orders! So i'll take my chances on finding a bar or sit by the pool and wait for the call from Steve or Jase!

Hi Gary,
I agree completely about Torrevieja itself. It always appears dirty & scruffy. Also it tends to be infested with tourists lol.

As you can see from my name, me & Mrs Algorfajack used to be in....Algorfa. We have recently moved & now live in a town called Catral which is about 20 mins drive inland from Torrevieja & the same from Alicante airport. Have been out there now for just over 18 months.

Plenty of ex pats around the area, but also loads of Spanish. Really nice area & the immediate terrain is flat, so easy to walk around. We are 5 mins from the main street & plenty of local bars showing all the footie.

I would invite you to mine to watch it but for the fact we are home at the moment clearing our flat in Cardiff after selling it.

We dont go back until the 24th, by which time we shall know if we need kodi next season or not!

If I can be of any help regarding the area/ property etc then let me know mate

Cheers

Colin

Prediction league winner 2016-2017 aka llanedeyrnjack

Torrevieja, Alicante on 21:56 - May 2 with 3940 viewsmorningstar

Torrevieja, Alicante on 21:42 - May 2 by Algorfajack

Hi Gary,
I agree completely about Torrevieja itself. It always appears dirty & scruffy. Also it tends to be infested with tourists lol.

As you can see from my name, me & Mrs Algorfajack used to be in....Algorfa. We have recently moved & now live in a town called Catral which is about 20 mins drive inland from Torrevieja & the same from Alicante airport. Have been out there now for just over 18 months.

Plenty of ex pats around the area, but also loads of Spanish. Really nice area & the immediate terrain is flat, so easy to walk around. We are 5 mins from the main street & plenty of local bars showing all the footie.

I would invite you to mine to watch it but for the fact we are home at the moment clearing our flat in Cardiff after selling it.

We dont go back until the 24th, by which time we shall know if we need kodi next season or not!

Cheers

Colin

Thanks Colin. Really appreciate that mate. I will be in touch.

Edit: Can you Pm me your e-mail address?
[Post edited 2 May 2017 21:58]

Torrevieja, Alicante on 22:09 - May 2 with 3924 viewsAlgorfajack

Torrevieja, Alicante on 21:56 - May 2 by morningstar

Thanks Colin. Really appreciate that mate. I will be in touch.

Edit: Can you Pm me your e-mail address?
[Post edited 2 May 2017 21:58]

PM sent, I think (age lol)

Torrevieja, Alicante on 22:17 - May 2 with 3915 viewslifelong

Torrevieja, Alicante on 22:09 - May 2 by Algorfajack

PM sent, I think (age lol)

How are you Colin?
Torrevieja, Alicante on 22:22 - May 2 with 3904 viewspencoedjack

Torrevieja, Alicante on 21:42 - May 2 by Algorfajack

Hi Gary,

Cheers

Colin

Can't you just leave the key under the mat for him ?

Job done
Torrevieja, Alicante on 22:24 - May 2 with 3897 viewsAlgorfajack

Torrevieja, Alicante on 22:17 - May 2 by lifelong

How are you Colin?

Hi Roger,

Good to hear from you sir. I am pretty good these days, living the dream so to speak.

Health is always a worry but we decided to enjoy while we can, nobody knows what is round the corner as I can testify to.

Hope you are good also

Have not spoken to Rob for a while now, give him my best when you see him next.

Torrevieja, Alicante on 22:26 - May 2 with 3894 viewsgandhiaber

Jack Bastardos
Torrevieja, Alicante on 22:26 - May 2 with 3890 viewsAlgorfajack

Torrevieja, Alicante on 22:22 - May 2 by pencoedjack

Can't you just leave the key under the mat for him ?

Job done

Ha Ha, good call mate.

Unfortunately we got back here on the 18th April & my aim is not that good anymore

Torrevieja, Alicante on 22:26 - May 2 with 3886 viewslifelong

Torrevieja, Alicante on 22:24 - May 2 by Algorfajack

Hi Roger,

Good to hear from you sir. I am pretty good these days, living the dream so to speak.

Health is always a worry but we decided to enjoy while we can, nobody knows what is round the corner as I can testify to.

Hope you are good also

Have not spoken to Rob for a while now, give him my best when you see him next.

Will do mate.... enjoy.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024