Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Siggy 23:48 - May 17 with 15902 viewsGriffting

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39956535

It's interesting. Personally I think there might be a bid 'too good' for the club to turn down in the summer. The resolve will certainly be tested with concerns to gylfi. If we could get 1 more year of service i think it will benefit us and not do too much harm to his progression.
[Post edited 17 May 2017 23:56]
Siggy on 23:57 - May 17 with 8535 viewsJethroJack

If we end up selling Siggy after he said this, the Board should be lined up in front of a firing squad.
Siggy on 00:03 - May 18 with 8504 viewsGriffting

Siggy on 23:57 - May 17 by JethroJack

If we end up selling Siggy after he said this, the Board should be lined up in front of a firing squad.

I agree totally.

If they entertain a transfer for anything less than 35-40 million (which, in my opinion is bordering on too good for the club to turn down), It will be ludacris.
Let's get one more year, 3/4 quality first team signings and have a solid year of progression. Get higher up the table and if needs be I'm sure his value will still be the same this time next year. Potentially even more than it is now.
[Post edited 18 May 2017 0:04]
Siggy on 00:07 - May 18 with 8479 viewsJackDownUnder

Wish some of the fans who post on this site could be half as decent and loyal as Siggy portrayed himself in that interview.

If Swansea find themselves in trouble at the end of next season and Siggy has been sold then the blame can only be laid at the feet of our owners. Nice one Siggy, the rest of the squad should come out and say the same thing, start playing for the love of the game not the money that swamps the world these days.
Siggy on 00:46 - May 18 with 8395 viewsChrisSCFC

Hail the King.
Siggy on 00:49 - May 18 with 8382 viewsTheKirkyLife

This settles it for me. Stick on the Captain's armband and put a nice big 'Not For Sale' across his window.

Gylfi is a Jack.
Siggy on 00:54 - May 18 with 8365 viewsSwansNZ

"You only have to look at the coaching staff who came in. They're top notch and Paul [Clement, Swansea's head coach] knows what he's doing," he said. “As opposed to that f*cking clown Bob Bradley” he didn’t say.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Siggy on 06:50 - May 18 with 8134 viewssP7qupUf

Siggy on 00:07 - May 18 by JackDownUnder

Wish some of the fans who post on this site could be half as decent and loyal as Siggy portrayed himself in that interview.

If Swansea find themselves in trouble at the end of next season and Siggy has been sold then the blame can only be laid at the feet of our owners. Nice one Siggy, the rest of the squad should come out and say the same thing, start playing for the love of the game not the money that swamps the world these days.

He does own a fleet of trawlers in Iceland mind, so he does have a supplement to his income.
Siggy on 07:22 - May 18 with 7988 viewsTheResurrection

COME AND GET ME PLEA

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Login to get fewer ads

Siggy on 07:26 - May 18 with 7971 viewsmagicdaps10

This is brilliant.
Jenkins comes out and states that players who want to stay will stay, those words from Siggy however true they are......states he wants to stay.

I bet Huw was exploding inside when Gylfi came out and said those words especially "its down to the board"

Have some of that Huw!

PS- Oh yeah huw, do us a favour....fook off.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Siggy on 07:28 - May 18 with 7960 viewsSTID2017

Siggy on 07:22 - May 18 by TheResurrection

COME AND GET ME PLEA

Yes somebody come and get the Res PLEAS.........

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Siggy on 07:29 - May 18 with 7956 viewsNirvana

Siggy on 00:49 - May 18 by TheKirkyLife

This settles it for me. Stick on the Captain's armband and put a nice big 'Not For Sale' across his window.

Gylfi is a Jack.

Yeah, agree with you here Kirky.

Siggy has always been a top professional on and off the pitch, and this is just another example. If he is being genuine, and there is no reason to think he isn't, then he stays. It's that simple. £40m upfront would make me think twice, but I'd still probably turn that down.

Lock him in for another season (and hopefully much more) and begin to build around him immediately. We need to make a handful of real quality signings, clear out some of the deadwood on our squad, and we'll be comfortably midtable next season. Nail our moves this summer and we might even be challenging the big boys again.

I would say, though, that Leon gets the armband when he's on the pitch. But it's Siggy's the rest of the time.
Siggy on 07:30 - May 18 with 7951 viewsmagicdaps10

Siggy on 07:28 - May 18 by STID2017

Yes somebody come and get the Res PLEAS.........

Well I am happy with the res saying this, he has been wrong with everything else he has said in the last few months :-)

Siggy on 07:35 - May 18 with 7933 viewsTheResurrection

Siggy on 07:29 - May 18 by Nirvana

Yeah, agree with you here Kirky.

Siggy has always been a top professional on and off the pitch, and this is just another example. If he is being genuine, and there is no reason to think he isn't, then he stays. It's that simple. £40m upfront would make me think twice, but I'd still probably turn that down.

Lock him in for another season (and hopefully much more) and begin to build around him immediately. We need to make a handful of real quality signings, clear out some of the deadwood on our squad, and we'll be comfortably midtable next season. Nail our moves this summer and we might even be challenging the big boys again.

I would say, though, that Leon gets the armband when he's on the pitch. But it's Siggy's the rest of the time.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

Siggy on 07:39 - May 18 with 7913 viewsTheResurrection

Siggy on 07:26 - May 18 by magicdaps10

This is brilliant.
Jenkins comes out and states that players who want to stay will stay, those words from Siggy however true they are......states he wants to stay.

I bet Huw was exploding inside when Gylfi came out and said those words especially "its down to the board"

Have some of that Huw!

PS- Oh yeah huw, do us a favour....fook off.

If Siggy is trying to blackmail the Club and blag another £10/£20k a week from us then he needs a massive kick up the arse and got shot of.

He's on more than Lukaku and 3/4 of the Arsenal and Liverpool squads.

He's not worth it.

Siggy on 07:40 - May 18 with 7909 viewsSwansNZ

Siggy on 07:39 - May 18 by TheResurrection

If Siggy is trying to blackmail the Club and blag another £10/£20k a week from us then he needs a massive kick up the arse and got shot of.

He's not worth it.

What are his and our other players wages?

Siggy on 07:41 - May 18 with 7902 viewsTheResurrection

First post that's made sense on this thread.

Siggy on 07:43 - May 18 with 7881 viewsTheResurrection

Siggy on 07:40 - May 18 by SwansNZ

What are his and our other players wages?

He's on about £80k a week, maybe more.

Siggy on 07:44 - May 18 with 7876 viewsNirvana

Siggy on 07:30 - May 18 by magicdaps10

Well I am happy with the res saying this, he has been wrong with everything else he has said in the last few months :-)

He's become quite obsessed too, huh?

Early morning arguments even. Go figure.
Siggy on 07:44 - May 18 with 7876 viewsmagicdaps10

He's not worth it.

In todays age, I dont think he would say things at a players award as a come and get me plea.

What I would expect him to do if he wanted out was tell his agent, his agent would then be telling clubs that he is up for a move.

Siggy on 07:48 - May 18 with 7846 viewsTheResurrection

Siggy on 07:44 - May 18 by magicdaps10

In todays age, I dont think he would say things at a players award as a come and get me plea.

What I would expect him to do if he wanted out was tell his agent, his agent would then be telling clubs that he is up for a move.

Don't be so naive.

He's playing hardball and whilst issuing a come and get me plea he's also leveraging a new enhanced contract. The new Ashley Williams.

Siggy on 07:48 - May 18 with 7846 viewsSwansNZ

Siggy on 07:43 - May 18 by TheResurrection

He's on about £80k a week, maybe more.

Maybe?
Don't you know the details of his and the other players contracts?

Whatever he is paid, he's repaid it with keeping us up this year.

Siggy on 07:49 - May 18 with 7839 viewslifelong

He's not worth it.

Surely a player who had a big say in almost half our goals scored this season, thereby keeping us in the Premier League, makes him worth it?
Siggy on 07:49 - May 18 with 7836 viewsTheResurrection

Siggy on 07:44 - May 18 by Nirvana

He's become quite obsessed too, huh?

Early morning arguments even. Go figure.

Do you know what The Vetch was?

Siggy on 07:54 - May 18 with 7808 views34dfgdf54

Siggy on 00:49 - May 18 by TheKirkyLife

Gylfi is a Jack.

This...

Obviously 35-40 million does change things for a club our size, but until that day comes, make him skipper and build a team around him.

Leon can't be expected to play every game, plus he will still be club captain.
Siggy on 08:00 - May 18 with 6620 viewsKGriz16

He's not worth it.

You have got issues. Let it go son. You're worse than an ex
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024