Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Adult chickenpox 16:41 - Jun 6 with 2638 viewsMRH1983

Sorry for a non football related thread
been lying in bed for 3 days with shivers and fever, yesterday came out with spots all over face and body. I'm pretty down about it and don't see light at the end of the tunnel.
Anyone got experience of adult chicken pox?

Poll: Straight choice between Bradley and Giggs. Who would you pick?

Adult chickenpox on 16:44 - Jun 6 with 2183 viewsperchrockjack

Is it confirmed chicken pox or shingles

Both nasty

You need good rest mate

Don't go near pregnant women ,seriously

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Adult chickenpox on 16:45 - Jun 6 with 2178 viewsLoyal

Not very nice at all.
Stay in bed !

More w@nk time.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Adult chickenpox on 16:46 - Jun 6 with 2176 viewsexiledclaseboy

I had it when I was in my mid 20s, it was horrible. On the plus side, the feeling crap doesn't last as long as the spots do. You'll start to feel better in a few days but you will feel like shit for a while.
[Post edited 6 Jun 2017 16:47]

Poll: Tory leader

Adult chickenpox on 16:54 - Jun 6 with 2153 viewsOnslow

Had Shingles in my late 20's - all down one side of my face and neck. Still get rashes to this day if I'm stressed or run down. Was off work nearly 4 weeks, which was nice.

Hope its not too serious with you

She keeps passin' me by...

Adult chickenpox on 16:56 - Jun 6 with 2149 viewsSoberBaker

Three days in you say?

Well you haven't got long left then - Two days at best I'm guessing.

May as well try and find some Jihadis to pass it on to before you leave us

AMOW

Adult chickenpox on 16:59 - Jun 6 with 2135 viewsDarran

Adult chickenpox on 16:46 - Jun 6 by exiledclaseboy

I had it when I was in my mid 20s, it was horrible. On the plus side, the feeling crap doesn't last as long as the spots do. You'll start to feel better in a few days but you will feel like shit for a while.
[Post edited 6 Jun 2017 16:47]

"the feeling crap doesn't last as long as the spots do"

Over 20 years now isn't it?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Adult chickenpox on 17:00 - Jun 6 with 2130 viewsLoyal

Adult chickenpox on 16:54 - Jun 6 by Onslow

Had Shingles in my late 20's - all down one side of my face and neck. Still get rashes to this day if I'm stressed or run down. Was off work nearly 4 weeks, which was nice.

Hope its not too serious with you

Odd you should mention shingles, as a kid I had chicken pox and my uncle said it was cool because Alan Curtis had them as well. I felt much better !

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Adult chickenpox on 17:18 - Jun 6 with 2098 viewsProfessor

Had chickenpox when I was 21 and very nasty. Arms and legs were only unaffected areas. The itching was unbearable and some of the lesions got infected. Felt truly dreadful for about a week but was fine after around 10 days. Missed nearly 3 weeks of uni in total. Did allow me to go to Caersws in the old Welsh cup. A fun day with much beer in the back of my mate's VW Combi.
Login to get fewer ads

Adult chickenpox on 17:18 - Jun 6 with 2098 viewsmagicdaps10

I had it, was about 34 at time.

Not nice and literally had it everywhere.......i mean everywhere.

Was ill for about a week with it but took a few weeks for it all to clear. Caught it off my daughter who had a handful off spots when she was two, but me.......i was plastered.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Adult chickenpox on 17:29 - Jun 6 with 2076 viewsHighjack

Don't want to worry you but I had a friend who had chicken pox and he died an agonising death.
[Post edited 6 Jun 2017 17:31]

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Adult chickenpox on 18:50 - Jun 6 with 2027 viewsBrynCartwright

I had chicken pox at 18 in '88 and missed my brother's wedding. It was great though as I was left at home with a four pack of Kestrel and 3 videos to watch.
The only down side were the pustules on my knob.
No scars there though!

Poll: Artificial Crowd Noise for Premier League and Champiionship Games is...

Adult chickenpox on 18:54 - Jun 6 with 2017 viewsexiledclaseboy

Adult chickenpox on 16:59 - Jun 6 by Darran

"the feeling crap doesn't last as long as the spots do"

Over 20 years now isn't it?

Perch was right about you.

Adult chickenpox on 18:58 - Jun 6 with 2006 viewsDarran

Adult chickenpox on 18:54 - Jun 6 by exiledclaseboy

Perch was right about you.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Adult chickenpox on 19:10 - Jun 6 with 1994 viewsWingstandwood

I've had shingles 7 years back, it's thoroughly unpleasant. I had it on my face with a small lesion-rash. I went down the Doctors immediately because it can spread further and on rare occasions can go to the eyes and really complicate things.

I was prescribed an anti-viral that is highly effective. My advice to any person who thinks they may have the condition is to tell the doctor so ASAP. My sister had it (on back area) a few weeks back and got through the local GP surgery triage system to get an immediate prescription by telling them straight up it was "shingles". If you tell them you've just got a rash you may not be seen to straight away.

Argus!

Adult chickenpox on 19:28 - Jun 6 with 1963 viewsPacemaker

Chickenpox as an adult is a really serious flu like condition. You will feel crap for at least a week.

Shingles is the result of getting run down or stressed and the Herpes virus left behind by chickenpox breaking out.

I had shingles a few years ago felt like shit and had the rash across my lower back, don't pick the scabs, touch your eyes or share a towel with family. It is very contagious.

You need to keep everything spotless or you will pick up other infections.

I don't think the Dr gave me anything specific just plenty of fluids and painkillers.

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

Adult chickenpox on 19:29 - Jun 6 with 1958 viewsexiledclaseboy

I've had shingles too. That's a nasty f*cker as well.

Adult chickenpox on 19:59 - Jun 6 with 1924 viewsItchySphincter

I had adult chicken pox a couple of years ago. If you didn't get the shingles drugs and strong antihistamine in the first 24 hours you're pretty much f*cked.

Be prepared for those spots on your ringpiece and bellend - pretty much everywhere.

Hope you feel better soon.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Adult chickenpox on 20:02 - Jun 6 with 1921 viewsdickythorpe

Some horrible experiences here.

Best of health to you all.
Adult chickenpox on 20:29 - Jun 6 with 1889 viewsploppy

Had it in my 20's. It was a bastard, the worst I've ever felt. It was like the worst flu ever, and I mean flu not the common cold. Took the best part of a fortnight to feel human again.
Adult chickenpox on 20:38 - Jun 6 with 1880 viewsmalagajack

As a child I'm sure calamine lotion was applied to relieve the itching
Adult chickenpox on 20:41 - Jun 6 with 1871 viewsmorningstar

Adult chickenpox on 19:29 - Jun 6 by exiledclaseboy

I've had shingles too. That's a nasty f*cker as well.

It's not as bad as rabies though, right bastad that is.

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Adult chickenpox on 20:47 - Jun 6 with 1858 viewsploppy

Adult chickenpox on 20:38 - Jun 6 by malagajack

As a child I'm sure calamine lotion was applied to relieve the itching

If I remember rightly, I plastered myself in calamine lotion.
Adult chickenpox on 20:56 - Jun 6 with 1843 viewsmorningstar

Adult chickenpox on 20:47 - Jun 6 by ploppy

If I remember rightly, I plastered myself in calamine lotion.

Horrible stuff, My mother used to plaster me in it when i got burned after a day out at the beach. I don't know what felt worse lying in bed, the sunburn or the awful feeling of that 'magic lotion' (which actually did fvck all to ease my sunburn). Which brings me to the point of why she took me to the beach for the day in the first place knowing i was going to end up in such a state? She'd be done for child abuse these days!

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Adult chickenpox on 21:04 - Jun 6 with 1825 viewsploppy

Adult chickenpox on 20:56 - Jun 6 by morningstar

Horrible stuff, My mother used to plaster me in it when i got burned after a day out at the beach. I don't know what felt worse lying in bed, the sunburn or the awful feeling of that 'magic lotion' (which actually did fvck all to ease my sunburn). Which brings me to the point of why she took me to the beach for the day in the first place knowing i was going to end up in such a state? She'd be done for child abuse these days!

You're not Welsh if you haven't been to Tenby as a child, played cricket on the beach all day with no suntan cream (obviously) and burnt to feck. Part of growing up.
Adult chickenpox on 21:22 - Jun 6 with 1808 viewslonglostjack

Adult chickenpox on 21:04 - Jun 6 by ploppy

You're not Welsh if you haven't been to Tenby as a child, played cricket on the beach all day with no suntan cream (obviously) and burnt to feck. Part of growing up.

Never mind the sunburn that was just taken for granted, as long as there was plenty of talcum powder to get that horrible wet sand away from between your toes before you left the beach.

Edit: Memories of a 6 as opposed to 16 year old.
[Post edited 6 Jun 2017 21:24]

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024