Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Graphics Tablets 17:24 - Jul 19 with 1633 viewsBLAZE

Anyone use these? I'm after advice

I know Wacom are by far the leader in this field and have been since day one, but I'm looking at cheaper alternatives online - comparing spec etc. - and I'm wondering if they're actually worth the massive premium you pay over the budget brands?

For example;

Wacom Intuos Pro (Medium) - £330 - https://goo.gl/SUFSDo

Cheap brand - £73 - https://goo.gl/wqnNDd

OK the Wacom does have better spec, but the prices are in a different stratosphere and if anything, the cheaper brand has better feedback on Amazon

For what it's worth, I'm going back to Uni and they have top of the range Wacom gear to use, this is just for me to mess about with at home. It's not gonna be needed for commercial projects or such

Advice appreciated
[Post edited 19 Jul 2017 17:27]
Graphics Tablets on 17:25 - Jul 19 with 1630 viewsBLAZE

FFS this forum is useless. Add links and the formatting goes to hell on mobiles

Edit. Fixed
[Post edited 19 Jul 2017 17:27]
Graphics Tablets on 17:34 - Jul 19 with 1618 viewsDarran

I think I might have dropped a few back in the eighties. 🤣

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Graphics Tablets on 18:32 - Jul 19 with 1575 viewsphact0rri

Wacom is really hard to beat. the drivers make features (Like pressure sensitivity) more readily accessable in a wide range of APIs so you get them usuable in programs like Photoshop/Gimp/Painter. And not to mention the cost is also adherent to a premium build. The things last.

My first tablet was an off brand, and pressure sensitivity nor the stylus gestures seems to work at all. And it went bye-bye the first time I tried to clean its surface. My graphite I've had for about a decade.

For me, I'll always go for a wacom and if not I'll make sure they have an open driver that allows the functions to be available across various platforms, with an Open driver support.

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

Graphics Tablets on 20:49 - Jul 19 with 1540 viewsBrynCartwright

Showing my age here but I have absolutely no idea what these things are...apart from graphics....can you like make cartoons on the mothers.

Poll: Artificial Crowd Noise for Premier League and Champiionship Games is...

Graphics Tablets on 21:48 - Jul 19 with 1517 viewsphact0rri

Graphics Tablets on 20:49 - Jul 19 by BrynCartwright

Showing my age here but I have absolutely no idea what these things are...apart from graphics....can you like make cartoons on the mothers.

Showing your age? these things are pretty old. they are those slabs of plastic, that come with a stylus so you can draw with a pen on a screen instead of using a mouse. Great for digital illustration and colouring.

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

Graphics Tablets on 23:09 - Jul 19 with 1487 viewsCambJack

I'm using the cheaper Wacom intuos 'draw' at the moment and it's decent. Before that I used the intuos 3 for years and it was excellent,before I broke it. both can be picked up on eBay for under £100 second hand. The mother of them all is the cintiq, which is still ludicrously expensive but seriously good. You can't really get much better than live drawing onto the screen.

All I'd say about the cheaper tablets is if they have any lag, at all, they're basically useless. It may be difficult but you need to try first somehow
Graphics Tablets on 00:00 - Jul 20 with 1459 viewsThursday

Graphics Tablets on 23:09 - Jul 19 by CambJack

I'm using the cheaper Wacom intuos 'draw' at the moment and it's decent. Before that I used the intuos 3 for years and it was excellent,before I broke it. both can be picked up on eBay for under £100 second hand. The mother of them all is the cintiq, which is still ludicrously expensive but seriously good. You can't really get much better than live drawing onto the screen.

All I'd say about the cheaper tablets is if they have any lag, at all, they're basically useless. It may be difficult but you need to try first somehow

Came to mirror this comment. I've used budget and Wacom, and wouldn't take the step back down--drop off is too steep. Wacom has an entry line and, as above, you can pick up a used, discontinued model for cheap.
Graphics Tablets on 01:34 - Jul 20 with 1430 viewsBLAZE

The university have a suite of Cintiqs

With regards to responsiveness, the Wacom above is 200 points per second, whilst the cheaper Huion is 233, so I think on paper at least the cheaper brand is more responsive (probably unable to tell them a part in the real world though)

Thanks for the replies so far. I know the Wacom will be the best of the bunch, it's whether it's worth 4x more than the Huion. I hadn't looked into refurbished older models, I'll see what's out there
Login to get fewer ads

Graphics Tablets on 05:53 - Jul 20 with 1403 viewsEasternJack

FWII - I run a studio network of a few thousand people and all our imaging and illustration guys use & prefer Wacom. I find them sturdier and more precise than the alternatives.
[Post edited 20 Jul 2017 5:56]

Poll: Hull vs Middlesborough - What do we want?

Graphics Tablets on 09:05 - Jul 26 with 1301 viewsDevz00

I have a Wacom, Blaze. I don’t use it as much as a mouse to be honest. I’ve had it about 5 years now so couldn’t tell you the model or anything from memory but I do find it easy enough to use and it’s very good with responsiveness.

Genetically, paedophiles have more genes in common with crabs than they do with you and me. Now that is scientific fact. There's no real evidence for it, but it is scientific fact.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024