Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Time for the Trust to step in re Siggy. 16:07 - Aug 2 with 4828 viewsTheResurrection

Clement wants him out.

Clement needs to prepare for the season and get replacements in.

The Americans are stubbornly holding out for £50m

But this is having a major wider implication.

The fans. The 21% owners have spoken. The Trust MUST deliver our message immediately.

GET THE DEAL DONE.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Time for the Trust to step in re Siggy. on 16:14 - Aug 2 with 2308 viewsWhiterockin

I wonder if the trust their "good working relationship" have any idea what is going on and if they have any say in the matter. As 21% shareholders regarding a possible deal worth about 25-30% of our annual turnover I certainly hope so. I wait with baited breath for an answer. Not to what is going on, only to if they are at all involved. Because if we are not involved now as sure as hell we won't be if we sell half our shares as advised.
Time for the Trust to step in re Siggy. on 16:20 - Aug 2 with 2257 viewsSwanjaxs

Time for the Trust to step in re Siggy. on 16:14 - Aug 2 by Whiterockin

I wonder if the trust their "good working relationship" have any idea what is going on and if they have any say in the matter. As 21% shareholders regarding a possible deal worth about 25-30% of our annual turnover I certainly hope so. I wait with baited breath for an answer. Not to what is going on, only to if they are at all involved. Because if we are not involved now as sure as hell we won't be if we sell half our shares as advised.

Going on past relations I doubt very much trust are any the wiser than the rest of us about what's going on regarding Sigurdsson
[Post edited 2 Aug 2017 16:24]

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Time for the Trust to step in re Siggy. on 16:22 - Aug 2 with 2234 viewsWhiterockin

Time for the Trust to step in re Siggy. on 16:20 - Aug 2 by Swanjaxs

Going on past relations I doubt very much trust are any the wiser than the rest of us about what's going on regarding Sigurdsson

So these transfer decisions are not taken at board level (the trust has a board member) when it involves 25-30% of our annual turnover.
Time for the Trust to step in re Siggy. on 16:23 - Aug 2 with 2226 viewsKGriz16

PC has said numerous times he would rather Gylfi Sigurdsson stay
Time for the Trust to step in re Siggy. on 16:25 - Aug 2 with 2206 viewsFlashberryjack

Time for the Trust to step in re Siggy. on 16:20 - Aug 2 by Swanjaxs

Seeing as they weren't consulted when we were sold to the Americans.....I doubt very much if they'd even expect to be consulted on a transfer issue......mushrooms see.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Time for the Trust to step in re Siggy. on 16:26 - Aug 2 with 2194 viewsShonky

Time for the Trust to step in re Siggy. on 16:23 - Aug 2 by KGriz16

He's not going to say he wants shot is he?

Its just a ride...

Time for the Trust to step in re Siggy. on 16:26 - Aug 2 with 2193 viewsSwanjaxs

Time for the Trust to step in re Siggy. on 16:22 - Aug 2 by Whiterockin

So these transfer decisions are not taken at board level (the trust has a board member) when it involves 25-30% of our annual turnover.

Thats the question! Are these decisions taken at board level? Or just another cloak and dagger operation....

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.

Time for the Trust to step in re Siggy. on 16:28 - Aug 2 with 2162 viewsSwanjaxs

Time for the Trust to step in re Siggy. on 16:25 - Aug 2 by Flashberryjack

Seeing as they weren't consulted when we were sold to the Americans.....I doubt very much if they'd even expect to be consulted on a transfer issue......mushrooms see.

^ this ^

Login to get fewer ads

Time for the Trust to step in re Siggy. on 16:49 - Aug 2 with 2063 viewsDarran

And of course the Trust hater starts a thread to put blame on the Trust.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Time for the Trust to step in re Siggy. on 17:02 - Aug 2 with 1993 viewsKGriz16

Time for the Trust to step in re Siggy. on 16:26 - Aug 2 by Shonky

He's not going to say he wants shot is he?

Why would he want him to leave?
Time for the Trust to step in re Siggy. on 17:07 - Aug 2 with 1970 viewsraynor94

Time for the Trust to step in re Siggy. on 17:02 - Aug 2 by KGriz16

Why would he want him to leave?

I can think of 50 million reasons

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Time for the Trust to step in re Siggy. on 17:14 - Aug 2 with 1932 viewsHighjack

Yes the trust should absolutely step in and demand that our players are sold for much less than the clubs valuation of them. It's a disk race.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Time for the Trust to step in re Siggy. on 17:15 - Aug 2 with 1925 viewsKinsey

Time for the Trust to step in re Siggy. on 17:07 - Aug 2 by raynor94

I can think of 50 million reasons

I can only think of 5 million, because we'd be lucky to see that spent on a replacement.
Time for the Trust to step in re Siggy. on 17:37 - Aug 2 with 1821 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Time for the Trust to step in re Siggy. on 17:15 - Aug 2 by Kinsey

I can only think of 5 million, because we'd be lucky to see that spent on a replacement.

The hyperbolic negativity can get pretty tiresome around here sometimes. We already spent more than twice that on a DM FFS, something we've never done before this summer.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Time for the Trust to step in re Siggy. on 17:48 - Aug 2 with 1776 viewsHighjack

Time for the Trust to step in re Siggy. on 17:37 - Aug 2 by Tummer_from_Texas

The hyperbolic negativity can get pretty tiresome around here sometimes. We already spent more than twice that on a DM FFS, something we've never done before this summer.

It's about time the club showed some testicular fortitude in the transfer market. If we'd accepted the first offer and let him go on the cheap the same people would be moaning.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

Time for the Trust to step in re Siggy. on 17:56 - Aug 2 with 1716 viewsDarran

Give it a couple more years Tums and you'll be the same.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Time for the Trust to step in re Siggy. on 17:58 - Aug 2 with 1699 viewsawayjack

Market inflation so maybe £10 is the new £5m as we sold a second rate midfielder for roughly that and hopefully replaced with an upgrade at slightly higher value.

Still means we have no experienced cover at CB or RB and likely to start against our premier league season with a kid leading it attack and Fer as our Siggy replacement.

Our DOF is so out of his depth in transfer market it's embarassing when our activity seems to be very low offers for players that'll never join us, then we'll end up buying the remaining dregs for £5m or £10m in new market. Sadly I suspect our only saviour maybe another dabble in loan market so we can cash/ pay shareholders the £60m from Siggy/ Lorrente sales.

Being outdone in transfer market by likes of Burnely, Bournemouth and Huddersfield shows how low our DOF and so called scouts have sunk.
Time for the Trust to step in re Siggy. on 18:03 - Aug 2 with 1653 viewsraynor94

Time for the Trust to step in re Siggy. on 17:58 - Aug 2 by awayjack

Market inflation so maybe £10 is the new £5m as we sold a second rate midfielder for roughly that and hopefully replaced with an upgrade at slightly higher value.

Still means we have no experienced cover at CB or RB and likely to start against our premier league season with a kid leading it attack and Fer as our Siggy replacement.

Our DOF is so out of his depth in transfer market it's embarassing when our activity seems to be very low offers for players that'll never join us, then we'll end up buying the remaining dregs for £5m or £10m in new market. Sadly I suspect our only saviour maybe another dabble in loan market so we can cash/ pay shareholders the £60m from Siggy/ Lorrente sales.

Being outdone in transfer market by likes of Burnely, Bournemouth and Huddersfield shows how low our DOF and so called scouts have sunk.

I fail to see how we have been outdone by the three teams you have mentioned

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Time for the Trust to step in re Siggy. on 18:06 - Aug 2 with 1626 viewsDr_Winston

People keep banging on about CB and RB as if they're the most critical weaknesses in the side. Our problems going forward if as likely we're going to be minus the creativity of Sigurdsson are far, far more pressing, and will need fixing quickly.

As for likely spending, the relentless "We only sign £5m players! The Americans will pocket it all!" shit is getting a little tiring. Thus far they're roughly breaking even on transfers. If selling Siggy potentially gives us a better range of targets then holding on until that deal is done is understandable.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Time for the Trust to step in re Siggy. on 18:07 - Aug 2 with 1620 viewsMo_Wives

Time for the Trust to step in re Siggy. on 17:56 - Aug 2 by Darran

Give it a couple more years Tums and you'll be the same.

It's the rain that does it.

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Time for the Trust to step in re Siggy. on 18:10 - Aug 2 with 1599 viewsHighjack

This discussion is irrelevant anyway because Chris rue said he's signed a new contract.

Time for the Trust to step in re Siggy. on 18:12 - Aug 2 with 1585 viewsMo_Wives

Time for the Trust to step in re Siggy. on 18:10 - Aug 2 by Highjack

This discussion is irrelevant anyway because Chris rue said he's signed a new contract.

[Post edited 2 Aug 2017 18:32]

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Time for the Trust to step in re Siggy. on 18:28 - Aug 2 with 1522 viewsGlyn1

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/aug/02/everton-gylfi-sigurdsson-swanse

Deal by Monday, according to the Guardian.

Swansea City’s head coach, Paul Clement, has said Gylfi Sigurdsson’s proposed move to Everton could be completed “in the next couple of days”, with the clubs finalising the details of his £50m-rated transfer.

Everton have had club-record bid's worth up to £40m and £45m rejected for the Iceland midfielder, who took part in an open training session at the Liberty Stadium on Wednesday. Following the session Clement revealed transfer negotiations have progressed and a deal that could see Swansea receive their £50m asking price for the 27-year-old, possibly including a player exchange, is close.

Clement said: “He [Sigurdsson] will not play [the friendly] against Sampdoria on Saturday. Talks are still going on and hopefully we are going to get some news the next couple of days the deal needs to be the best for all parties involved, we have got a very, very important season coming up.

Swansea have rejected a £40m bid from Everton for Gylfi Sigurdsson but the midfielder is expected to move to Goodison Park before next week.

“We know what happened last season if you don’t make a good start and we don’t want that to happen again. We want to make a good start and everyone wants to know what our squad is going to be going on to the first game of the season.”

Swansea are keen to avoid a repeat of last summer’s transfer dealing with Everton, when the late departure of their captain Ashley Williams to Goodison Park disrupted the defence and contributed to a relegation-threatened campaign.

Clement is keen to strengthen at full-back this summer and Callum Connolly, a promising 19-year-old defender who was part of England under-20’s World Cup winning squad, could be part of Everton’s latest offer for Sigurdsson.

The Swansea head coach said he would be open to a cash-plus-player offer: “Assuming it is the right player coming our way and it is someone we are interested in and fills a need in our squad. Those deals will always have potential. I hope it is done today, either way, whether that is selling or not, but we need a quick resolution.

A deal for Sigurdsson would take Everton’s summer spending close to £150m. Ronald Koeman, who is in Slovakia preparing for the Europa League qualifying return against Ruzomberok on Thursday, is also keen to sign a striker and a left-sided defender before the transfer deadline.
[Post edited 2 Aug 2017 18:35]

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Time for the Trust to step in re Siggy. on 18:29 - Aug 2 with 1520 viewsYossarian

Time for the Trust to step in re Siggy. on 16:23 - Aug 2 by KGriz16

This. The OP is also deluding himself if he genuinely thinks the fans want Siggy gone. Siggy goes, we can't replace him, and we are in big trouble.

"Yossarian- the very sight of the name made him shudder.There were so many esses in it. It just had to be subversive" (Catch 22)

Time for the Trust to step in re Siggy. on 18:36 - Aug 2 with 1467 viewsCooperman

Time for the Trust to step in re Siggy. on 18:10 - Aug 2 by Highjack

He may rue that comment.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024