Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We're off the mark and Clement makes a statement to Americans 17:07 - Aug 12 with 7785 viewsTheResurrection

Plenty of questions still to be answered and the performance level would have been totally different had we been home.

Huge positive in our defensive shape when we need to dig in and for all Southampton's chances, really speaking, very few were particularly threatening.

Also I think Clement's subs were a statement to the Board. Fulton, Bartley and McBurnie just shows the lack of activity. Also, we've got to be majorly worried about Mesa at this stage. Personally I fear for his character more than his ability, he seems too confident and a bit of a hot head.

But all in all a decent platform to build on - but it's got to be done and quick.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

We're off the mark and Clement makes a statement to Americans on 17:10 - Aug 12 with 4529 viewsMo_Wives

And on the plus side...we didn't score from a free kick

Good luck, Mr Cooper

We're off the mark and Clement makes a statement to Americans on 17:11 - Aug 12 with 4507 viewsKGriz16

I thought it was more poor finishing from Southampton than fine defensive shape, but that's my opinion. To get away there with a point was very lucky, but a point all the same. Wouldn't you agree we missed an out let like Llorente in that game today? Someone to hold up the ball and bring the midfield in.
We're off the mark and Clement makes a statement to Americans on 17:17 - Aug 12 with 4395 viewsTheResurrection

We're off the mark and Clement makes a statement to Americans on 17:11 - Aug 12 by KGriz16

I thought it was more poor finishing from Southampton than fine defensive shape, but that's my opinion. To get away there with a point was very lucky, but a point all the same. Wouldn't you agree we missed an out let like Llorente in that game today? Someone to hold up the ball and bring the midfield in.

Something Llorente is notoriously poor at?

So no.

I agree we didn't get on the ball as much as i'd have liked and pull them around a bit and yeah, Tammy's hold up play was below par, but Llorente or Siggy in there today would have made us pretty much exactly the same.

We need to bring new players in. WTF are they waiting for. It's an absolute piss take and the Trust are once again slow as fack to get involved.

I've text Sumbler about this but there's no time to waste now.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

We're off the mark and Clement makes a statement to Americans on 17:18 - Aug 12 with 4366 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

It was so one sided I'd be spewing if i were e a saints fan.

Llorente would have buried that header 😉

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

We're off the mark and Clement makes a statement to Americans on 17:20 - Aug 12 with 4338 viewsZut_Alors

Agree with most of that, but think you might be being bit hasty on Mesa. Think Clement wanted Fulton's height as much as anything. Think Clement is playing it clever too. Make him earn his spot and hopefully he'll be in soon.

Overall, I think there were a lot of positives. Fede and Mawson did great and we defended the set pieces really well. We struggled at times with the midfield not really clicking in the final third, but I still with a couple of new signings we'll be OK.
We're off the mark and Clement makes a statement to Americans on 17:24 - Aug 12 with 4292 viewsItchySphincter

Mesa?! He didn't even play!

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

We're off the mark and Clement makes a statement to Americans on 17:26 - Aug 12 with 4243 viewsJackfath

We're off the mark and Clement makes a statement to Americans on 17:24 - Aug 12 by ItchySphincter

Criticised before he's kicked a ball! Unbelievable!!!

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

We're off the mark and Clement makes a statement to Americans on 17:27 - Aug 12 with 4236 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Just like last season we gave the ball away too much, both under pressure and in free play.
Login to get fewer ads

We're off the mark and Clement makes a statement to Americans on 17:28 - Aug 12 with 4220 viewslondonlisa2001

We're off the mark and Clement makes a statement to Americans on 17:24 - Aug 12 by ItchySphincter

I believe that's the concern. We brought on Fulton instead of him.

The issue though was as much that Leon can't now last 90 minutes. To be frank, I thought the game got the better of him today. Not his fault. He shouldn't be starting at this point in his career.

But Mesa was obviously not deemed ready, certainly not in that defensive midfield anchor position.

Hopefully it's just a matter of getting up to speed. If not, that's an issue, as it means we need another defensive midfielder as well as some creativity further forward.
We're off the mark and Clement makes a statement to Americans on 17:33 - Aug 12 with 4159 viewsTheResurrection

We're off the mark and Clement makes a statement to Americans on 17:20 - Aug 12 by Zut_Alors

Agree with most of that, but think you might be being bit hasty on Mesa. Think Clement wanted Fulton's height as much as anything. Think Clement is playing it clever too. Make him earn his spot and hopefully he'll be in soon.

Overall, I think there were a lot of positives. Fede and Mawson did great and we defended the set pieces really well. We struggled at times with the midfield not really clicking in the final third, but I still with a couple of new signings we'll be OK.

I don't think Clement would have hesitated to play him if he was on track. Something is amiss with Mesa, that's as clear as day, unfortunately,

We're off the mark and Clement makes a statement to Americans on 17:35 - Aug 12 with 4136 viewsTheResurrection

We're off the mark and Clement makes a statement to Americans on 17:28 - Aug 12 by londonlisa2001

I believe that's the concern. We brought on Fulton instead of him.

The issue though was as much that Leon can't now last 90 minutes. To be frank, I thought the game got the better of him today. Not his fault. He shouldn't be starting at this point in his career.

But Mesa was obviously not deemed ready, certainly not in that defensive midfield anchor position.

Hopefully it's just a matter of getting up to speed. If not, that's an issue, as it means we need another defensive midfielder as well as some creativity further forward.

Exactly - are these guys thick as fack or what??

Jesus wept

We're off the mark and Clement makes a statement to Americans on 17:36 - Aug 12 with 4108 viewsSwanjaxs

I think Clement went with Fulton for Britts rather than Messa because Southampton were lumping the ball into our box last 20 minutes, same reason he took Abraham's off for Bartley

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

We're off the mark and Clement makes a statement to Americans on 17:39 - Aug 12 with 4065 viewsDarran

"Also, we've got to be majorly worried about Mesa at this stage. Personally I fear for his character more than his ability, he seems too confident and a bit of a hot head"

Fuçk. Ing. Hell.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

We're off the mark and Clement makes a statement to Americans on 17:39 - Aug 12 with 4058 viewsJackfath

We're off the mark and Clement makes a statement to Americans on 17:36 - Aug 12 by Swanjaxs

I think Clement went with Fulton for Britts rather than Messa because Southampton were lumping the ball into our box last 20 minutes, same reason he took Abraham's off for Bartley

Indeed. Careful though you'll be deemed as being thick for not having the same opinion as someone on here.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

We're off the mark and Clement makes a statement to Americans on 17:41 - Aug 12 with 4024 viewsTheResurrection

We're off the mark and Clement makes a statement to Americans on 17:39 - Aug 12 by Darran

"Also, we've got to be majorly worried about Mesa at this stage. Personally I fear for his character more than his ability, he seems too confident and a bit of a hot head"

Fuçk. Ing. Hell.

You are usually approx 9 months to 2 years behind me so plenty of time for you to take it in and grasp.

We're off the mark and Clement makes a statement to Americans on 17:41 - Aug 12 with 4023 viewsSmellyplumz

Clement made several statements that he's very happy with the squad.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

We're off the mark and Clement makes a statement to Americans on 17:49 - Aug 12 with 3923 viewsDJack

We're off the mark and Clement makes a statement to Americans on 17:41 - Aug 12 by Smellyplumz

Clement made several statements that he's very happy with the squad.

happy or 'appy?

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

We're off the mark and Clement makes a statement to Americans on 17:59 - Aug 12 with 3825 viewsvetchonian

We're off the mark and Clement makes a statement to Americans on 17:17 - Aug 12 by TheResurrection

Something Llorente is notoriously poor at?

So no.

I agree we didn't get on the ball as much as i'd have liked and pull them around a bit and yeah, Tammy's hold up play was below par, but Llorente or Siggy in there today would have made us pretty much exactly the same.

We need to bring new players in. WTF are they waiting for. It's an absolute piss take and the Trust are once again slow as fack to get involved.

I've text Sumbler about this but there's no time to waste now.

So much for your free flowing football

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

We're off the mark and Clement makes a statement to Americans on 18:00 - Aug 12 with 3811 viewsEasternJack

Ah, but I'm sure Res carefully analysed the angle of Mesa's tash when he saw Fulton replace Britton.

It surely had a disrespectful gait, ergo the guy is a hot head and we should write him off.

Lucky we found out before he kicked a ball in anger

Thanks Res

Genius

Poll: Hull vs Middlesborough - What do we want?

We're off the mark and Clement makes a statement to Americans on 18:01 - Aug 12 with 3800 viewsTheResurrection

We're off the mark and Clement makes a statement to Americans on 17:59 - Aug 12 by vetchonian

So much for your free flowing football

We were never going to be as expansive away from home.

But that's the aim and objective and remember, we've not even dabbled in the market as much, yet.

You'll see..... again....

We're off the mark and Clement makes a statement to Americans on 18:10 - Aug 12 with 3725 viewsSTID2017

We're off the mark and Clement makes a statement to Americans on 18:01 - Aug 12 by TheResurrection

We were never going to be as expansive away from home.

But that's the aim and objective and remember, we've not even dabbled in the market as much, yet.

You'll see..... again....

Clement talking on Radio Wales - Not happy with our performance at all. Basically we got lucky in his opinion.
He's looking for a vast improvement.
I was just looking for the free flowing football promised by some on here - and goals (from set pieces or otherwise)
Off the mark - but play like that against Manure we'll get buried

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

We're off the mark and Clement makes a statement to Americans on 18:13 - Aug 12 with 3701 viewsTheResurrection

We're off the mark and Clement makes a statement to Americans on 18:00 - Aug 12 by EasternJack

Ah, but I'm sure Res carefully analysed the angle of Mesa's tash when he saw Fulton replace Britton.

It surely had a disrespectful gait, ergo the guy is a hot head and we should write him off.

Lucky we found out before he kicked a ball in anger

Thanks Res

Genius

I've read a few of your supposed funny one liners on the Match Day thread.

A quick heads up here, Squire, STOP - you're just not a funny guy.

Cool.

We're off the mark and Clement makes a statement to Americans on 18:15 - Aug 12 with 3679 viewsTheResurrection

We're off the mark and Clement makes a statement to Americans on 18:10 - Aug 12 by STID2017

Clement talking on Radio Wales - Not happy with our performance at all. Basically we got lucky in his opinion.
He's looking for a vast improvement.
I was just looking for the free flowing football promised by some on here - and goals (from set pieces or otherwise)
Off the mark - but play like that against Manure we'll get buried

We've had a glimpse of the movement we're looking to play with.

But have you forgotten?

Siggy and Llorente are still here!!

When the problems have left and been replaced then speak...

We're off the mark and Clement makes a statement to Americans on 18:20 - Aug 12 with 3635 viewsEasternJack

We're off the mark and Clement makes a statement to Americans on 18:13 - Aug 12 by TheResurrection

I've read a few of your supposed funny one liners on the Match Day thread.

A quick heads up here, Squire, STOP - you're just not a funny guy.

Cool.

They're for my own amusement, not yours.

Sorry I hit a nerve. Would've thought you had thicker skin considering how deep you've been digging yourself over the last 6 months.

As for you, not sure what impresses me the most: your persistence in pursing lost cause opinions; or your lack awareness of your credibility level on here.

Squire

Poll: Hull vs Middlesborough - What do we want?

We're off the mark and Clement makes a statement to Americans on 18:23 - Aug 12 with 3584 viewskyswans

Think Mesa could've came in for Leon instead of Fulton, but because we were chasing a point, PC went reliability over someone who hasn't played a PL minute.

Don't think it has anything to do with his character
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024