Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Genderless Toilets 09:26 - Sep 8 with 14163 viewsDarran

Dear God whatever next?

Boys and girls between the ages of 11-18 sharing the same shitter,just asking for trouble.

I await the first court case with bated breath. Utter madness.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/school-cardiff-installed-gender-neu

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Genderless Toilets on 10:45 - Sep 8 with 2315 viewssquarebear

My mate moved his kids to a new school when their old school introduced genderless loos. Conservative chap, it has to be said.
Genderless Toilets on 11:07 - Sep 8 with 2289 viewslondonlisa2001

Why is it asking for trouble? And why is it utter madness?

Genuine question.

Disabled people manage with genderless toilets without carnage. All of us have genderless toilets at home without issues (bar the rows about seats being left up, obviously).

When I was in school, there was a real issue for a few months about some girls being very badly bullied. And it was always in the girls toilets. It wouldn't have happened if the loos had been mixed.
Genderless Toilets on 11:11 - Sep 8 with 2283 viewsMrSwerve

The other half is a teacher and they're changing all of their toilets to gender neutral this year.

Pretty much all of the teachers there are against it by the sound of it.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Genderless Toilets on 11:17 - Sep 8 with 2277 viewsDarran

Genderless Toilets on 11:07 - Sep 8 by londonlisa2001

Genuine question.

Disabled people manage with genderless toilets without carnage. All of us have genderless toilets at home without issues (bar the rows about seats being left up, obviously).

When I was in school, there was a real issue for a few months about some girls being very badly bullied. And it was always in the girls toilets. It wouldn't have happened if the loos had been mixed.

Boys & Girls all in there together?

Oh dear God Lis have a day off is it?

It's a recipe for disaster.

Genderless Toilets on 11:18 - Sep 8 with 2272 viewsMo_Wives

Segregate the trains and mix the shitters. The new world shall be a fabulous new world. (request to Phillip Sumbler: Why is there no smiley face blowing his brains out? I think we could use one, Phil)

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Genderless Toilets on 11:32 - Sep 8 with 2255 viewswestwalesed

Genuine question.

I do think this is a step too far.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with protecting children in this regard - I don't want to get graphic, and I'm not a girl but........do you really think young girls would be happy dealing with their specific needs in a mixed toilet? I can't imagine it. I just think it's a basic privacy/decency issue.

Also, the disabled example is a bit disingenuous, you can't get more than one person in at a time (except carers if required etc)....

Poll: Live in a country with no internet?

Genderless Toilets on 11:41 - Sep 8 with 2232 viewsMo_Wives

Genderless Toilets on 11:17 - Sep 8 by Darran

Imagine the scene...
You're in the toilets, fag in mouth, greasing your 'John Travolta' up with a comb. All the other T-birds standing around laughing at your jokes. When out of one of the closed stalls comes what sounds like the lowest note played on a tuba, followed by a splash. The toilet flushes, door opens and out comes the girl you're taking to prom. Red faced, she runs off, clutching her books to her chest with a tail of toilet roll stuck to the bottom of her saddle shoes. The T-birds all burst out laughing and as their laughter dies away you slip into a heartbreaking ballad called 'the sound of Sandy'.

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Genderless Toilets on 11:42 - Sep 8 with 2226 viewscontroversial_jack

Genderless Toilets on 11:32 - Sep 8 by westwalesed

There is absolutely nothing wrong with protecting children in this regard - I don't want to get graphic, and I'm not a girl but........do you really think young girls would be happy dealing with their specific needs in a mixed toilet? I can't imagine it. I just think it's a basic privacy/decency issue.

Also, the disabled example is a bit disingenuous, you can't get more than one person in at a time (except carers if required etc)....

No problem with genderless toilets for adults, but not for kids
Login to get fewer ads

Genderless Toilets on 11:49 - Sep 8 with 2217 viewsMrSwerve

Genuine question.

- Privacy between boys and girls
- Girls will naturally want a more private space for 'women problems' (am I still allowed to say that?)
- Perverts (I'm being realistic, it's obvious you'll get 13-16 year olds trying to open doors on the opposite sex)
- There'll be a barrage of complaints from parents saying that their son/daughter has had a bad experience in there
- Teens 'doing things' in the cubicle together, out of sight of teachers
- Staffing problems, you'll need staff to act as bouncers on the loos and they're already being stretched

Disable toilet usage is far, far lower than normal toilets, and it's usually one cubicle. We can't compare those.

If you weigh up the positives and negatives of this move, the negatives far outweigh the positives. The gender-neutral clothing is a benign argument and won't really harm anyone, but I can see many problems with this if it becomes the norm.

Genderless Toilets on 11:54 - Sep 8 with 2205 viewswhoflungdung

Not unusual at all in many places abroad

No question the British attitude towards sexuality and its issues remains awkward

Poll: Is it Spa or spa

Genderless Toilets on 11:55 - Sep 8 with 2201 viewslondonlisa2001

Don't you think that if boys are unable to share facilities with girls without it being a recipe for disaster that there are genuine issues with the way we bring up kids in this country?

I'm not bothered one way or another about the concept of genderless toilets, but I'm making a point that society is deeply, deeply disturbed if everything has to be segregated before people know how to behave.

Same reason as I was against segregated carriages on trains. You can't monitor and separate people all the time, so surely it's better to teach boys and girls to be respectful and be able to live together.
Genderless Toilets on 11:56 - Sep 8 with 2198 viewsMo_Wives

Genderless Toilets on 11:54 - Sep 8 by whoflungdung

No question the British attitude towards sexuality and its issues remains awkward

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Genderless Toilets on 11:57 - Sep 8 with 2195 viewslondonlisa2001

Genderless Toilets on 11:18 - Sep 8 by Mo_Wives

Segregate the trains and mix the shitters. The new world shall be a fabulous new world. (request to Phillip Sumbler: Why is there no smiley face blowing his brains out? I think we could use one, Phil)

But as we agreed, segregating train carriages is a terrible idea. It's the behaviour causing issue that should change as we can't segregate everything.
Genderless Toilets on 11:57 - Sep 8 with 2195 viewswhoflungdung

Extend the argument to having ladies cleaning toilets when chaps are at the urinal

Genderless Toilets on 11:59 - Sep 8 with 2188 viewslondonlisa2001

Genderless Toilets on 11:32 - Sep 8 by westwalesed

I'm pretty certain they are not suggesting sharing cubicles.

Are we raising animals or people?

As I said, I'm not bothered one way or another, but if children can't use the same loos without carnage our problems are far deeper than toilets.
Genderless Toilets on 12:00 - Sep 8 with 2183 viewsSenhin

I've seen boys and girls in the same place before today without a rape happening... at least I'm sure I have.

Did you see that ludicrous display last night?

Genderless Toilets on 12:00 - Sep 8 with 2182 viewslondonlisa2001

Genderless Toilets on 11:54 - Sep 8 by whoflungdung

That's exactly my point Perch.

We have real issues here with behaviour and separation is not the answer.
Genderless Toilets on 12:01 - Sep 8 with 2181 viewsMrSwerve

Genderless Toilets on 11:59 - Sep 8 by londonlisa2001

I'm pretty certain they are not suggesting sharing cubicles.

Are we raising animals or people?

As I said, I'm not bothered one way or another, but if children can't use the same loos without carnage our problems are far deeper than toilets.

Idealism v Realism

Humans are animals and in the main, we still act like animals.

Edit: I'm not saying that this is good, I'm just being realistic as to how we still behave.
[Post edited 8 Sep 2017 12:01]

Genderless Toilets on 12:05 - Sep 8 with 2161 viewsWarwickHunt

Genderless Toilets on 12:00 - Sep 8 by Senhin

I've seen boys and girls in the same place before today without a rape happening... at least I'm sure I have.

Probably because they were wearing genderless clothes...
Genderless Toilets on 12:05 - Sep 8 with 2159 viewswhoflungdung

IT is a culture shock jntially Lisa.

I'm often in the toilets in Schipol all busy all maintained by ladies who do not wIt outside until toilets are empty.they just get on with the job

Just wish our country would free itself of the bonds of the post

Genderless Toilets on 12:05 - Sep 8 with 2159 viewsDarran

Genderless Toilets on 12:00 - Sep 8 by Senhin

Who mentioned rape then?

Genderless Toilets on 12:08 - Sep 8 with 2152 viewsjojaca

Genderless Toilets on 12:01 - Sep 8 by MrSwerve

Idealism v Realism

Edit: I'm not saying that this is good, I'm just being realistic as to how we still behave.

Genderless toilets have come about because of the rise of transgenders. If your born a man and want to change to a women you have mental issues and need psychiatric help.

Even when you know, you never know?

Genderless Toilets on 12:09 - Sep 8 with 2149 viewslondonlisa2001

Genderless Toilets on 12:01 - Sep 8 by MrSwerve

Idealism v Realism

Well maybe we need to change the way kids are brought up then?

It would be a culture shock for older people as we weren't brought up with it, but if kids are brought up in that environment from the beginning, I suspect there'd be fewer problems when they grow up.
Genderless Toilets on 12:13 - Sep 8 with 2143 viewslondonlisa2001

Genderless Toilets on 12:08 - Sep 8 by jojaca

Genderless toilets have come about because of the rise of transgenders. If your born a man and want to change to a women you have mental issues and need psychiatric help.

There aren't more people now who are transgender than there ever have been. It's just that they don't quietly go away and top themselves as frequently anymore because they feel that maybe there's a chance of them having a life now.

Selfish gits that they are.
Genderless Toilets on 12:19 - Sep 8 with 2128 viewsDarran

Genderless Toilets on 11:55 - Sep 8 by londonlisa2001

Don't you think that if boys are unable to share facilities with girls without it being a recipe for disaster that there are genuine issues with the way we bring up kids in this country?

I'm not bothered one way or another about the concept of genderless toilets, but I'm making a point that society is deeply, deeply disturbed if everything has to be segregated before people know how to behave.

Same reason as I was against segregated carriages on trains. You can't monitor and separate people all the time, so surely it's better to teach boys and girls to be respectful and be able to live together.

Indeed and I'm glad you agree it's a recipe for for disaster.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024