Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Concussion 22:51 - Oct 9 with 9797 viewssherpajacob

In the old days, A wet sponge and Allen would have stayed on, played a blinder. Won the game for us, and he would remember none of it.

I also think many other nations medical staff would not have pulled their best player off.

Wrong I know, but......

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Concussion on 22:53 - Oct 9 with 9016 viewsItchySphincter

Not if he has a concussion.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Concussion on 07:40 - Oct 10 with 8895 viewsJFSwan

Health and potential brain damage is a more important concern than the score of a football match
Concussion on 08:16 - Oct 10 with 8849 viewsWarwickHunt

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4934160/Roy-Rovers-revived-ret
Concussion on 09:07 - Oct 10 with 8767 viewsraynor94

100% wrong, he has the rest of his life to live, it was a football match at the end of the day

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Concussion on 10:22 - Oct 10 with 8677 viewsA_Fans_Dad

That kind of blow to the back of the head when it hit the ground is the kind that can kill you later with bleeds on the brain.
Better to be safe than very sorry, so I hope he was scanned and monitored.
Concussion on 10:25 - Oct 10 with 8668 viewswhoflungdung

Plenty of ex pros are now feeling the effects of those majic sponge years

Poll: Is it Spa or spa

Concussion on 10:25 - Oct 10 with 8668 viewsLoyal

Concussion on 10:22 - Oct 10 by A_Fans_Dad

That kind of blow to the back of the head when it hit the ground is the kind that can kill you later with bleeds on the brain.
Better to be safe than very sorry, so I hope he was scanned and monitored.

I wouldn't have thought so, queuing up at the hospital isn't what footballers want to do.
Oh, hang on .....

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Concussion on 11:08 - Oct 10 with 8622 viewsswanjackal

Concussion on 08:16 - Oct 10 by WarwickHunt

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4934160/Roy-Rovers-revived-ret

Light years ahead of its time. Arab terrorists kidnap the squad and a bomb takes out half the team , eleveating Johnny Dexter, Kevin Mouse and Hot Shot Hamish et al to come in and play for them.

Childhood memories :)

On topic, I think they were using league directives where the player has no choice on staying on if the medical staff deem that the injury may have caused a concussion, the physio/medic immediately indicated a change after a brief chat and scan. Whether Allen wanted to stay on or not, he had no choice.

I have a large chunk of the base of my skull removed, so that kind of challenge would have caused a serious problem to me, so I have full sympathy with Allen there. As mentioned above, the player will have other days, his health is far more important than one game.
[Post edited 10 Oct 2017 11:13]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

Login to get fewer ads

Concussion on 18:18 - Oct 10 with 8440 viewsOldjack

Concussion on 09:07 - Oct 10 by raynor94

100% wrong, he has the rest of his life to live, it was a football match at the end of the day

ffs a slight knock to the back of the swede on a nice bit of cushion grass i might add ,and it didn't stop him joking and laughing in the dugout either ,he should never have come off ,concussion my arse ,more like squashed nuts he had after getting sandwiched

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Concussion on 18:25 - Oct 10 with 8426 viewsDarran

Concussion on 18:18 - Oct 10 by Oldjack

ffs a slight knock to the back of the swede on a nice bit of cushion grass i might add ,and it didn't stop him joking and laughing in the dugout either ,he should never have come off ,concussion my arse ,more like squashed nuts he had after getting sandwiched

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Concussion on 18:28 - Oct 10 with 8419 viewsPozuelosSideys

Concussion issues are a huge point of concern in many sports at the moment, particularly the contact ones.

Its not so much getting a smack in the head thats the issue, but when you get more than one in close proximity which rattle your head around in different directions which is the problem, very much in the way Allen got.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Concussion on 19:08 - Oct 10 with 8377 viewsItchySphincter

Concussion on 18:18 - Oct 10 by Oldjack

Plonker.

Concussion on 19:13 - Oct 10 with 8369 viewsOldjack

Concussion on 19:08 - Oct 10 by ItchySphincter

Plonker.

Wan!er!

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Concussion on 19:25 - Oct 10 with 8350 viewsphact0rri

No match, not even a match that could decide a world cup qualification is worth brain injury. Whether he could have played on, wasn't as bad as it seemed, etc is beside the point. If the question is there, then he should be taken off. End of.

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

Concussion on 19:28 - Oct 10 with 8349 viewsMrSwerve

Looking forward to reading about Roy's superinjunction and drink-driving charge.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Concussion on 19:37 - Oct 10 with 8329 viewsItchySphincter

Concussion on 19:13 - Oct 10 by Oldjack

Wan!er!

That's not very nice Alan. I'm not the one saying a player with a potentially very serious injury should get on with it. You need to stop bullying me.

Concussion on 21:15 - Oct 10 with 8263 viewsdickythorpe

What was that famous incident? Was it a Brian Clough story? The one where the player is concussed and when asked his name he replies "Pele" to which Clough is yelling " keep him on, keep him on!!!"
Concussion on 21:19 - Oct 10 with 8255 viewsJackflack

I prefer Billy's Boots myself

Lets be nice, we're all newbees on here.

Concussion on 21:26 - Oct 10 with 8246 viewsGaryjack

Concussion on 21:19 - Oct 10 by Jackflack

I prefer Billy's Boots myself

Lags eleven mun.
Concussion on 21:27 - Oct 10 with 8241 viewsJackflack

Concussion on 21:26 - Oct 10 by Garyjack

Lags eleven mun.

Glumley town

Concussion on 21:28 - Oct 10 with 8238 viewsGaryjack

Concussion on 21:27 - Oct 10 by Jackflack

Glumley town

Bobby of the Blues.
Concussion on 21:30 - Oct 10 with 8227 viewsDarran

Cannonball Craig,loved his bubble and squeak.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Concussion on 21:30 - Oct 10 with 8227 viewsJackflack

Concussion on 21:28 - Oct 10 by Garyjack

Bobby of the Blues.

Scorcher & Score

Concussion on 21:33 - Oct 10 with 8215 viewsGaryjack

Hot shot Hamish
Concussion on 02:26 - Oct 12 with 8019 viewsWanderer

Raven on the wing or Brampton Keys
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024