Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Harvey Weinstein 11:02 - Oct 11 with 32301 viewsswanjackal

Worst kept secret in Hollywood?

Much respect for the woman who put the safety of others, and herself, above her career to finally get the proof to shut down this alleged serial predator. Shame it has taken three decades.
[Post edited 11 Oct 2017 13:17]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

Horvey Weinstein on 13:05 - Oct 11 with 23654 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

It is ironic that many of the actresses who like to play the role of Queen of the feminists in the media are guilty of leaving this issue to fade away, only for a couple of relative nobodies to have the bravery to risk their career to finally expose him. Shame on them.

That young girl shot by the Taliban and now at Oxford should be the poster woman for women, not someone like Streep or Lawrence who only speak up when it doesn't threaten them financially.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Horvey Weinstein on 13:21 - Oct 11 with 23619 viewsDarran

Horvey Weinstein on 13:05 - Oct 11 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

It is ironic that many of the actresses who like to play the role of Queen of the feminists in the media are guilty of leaving this issue to fade away, only for a couple of relative nobodies to have the bravery to risk their career to finally expose him. Shame on them.

That young girl shot by the Taliban and now at Oxford should be the poster woman for women, not someone like Streep or Lawrence who only speak up when it doesn't threaten them financially.

Spot on as usual Dwight. I said to my wife earlier that I find it extraordinary that only now Paltrow and Jolie piping up that they had problems with him.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Horvey Weinstein on 13:32 - Oct 11 with 23611 viewslondonlisa2001

Horvey Weinstein on 13:21 - Oct 11 by Darran

Spot on as usual Dwight. I said to my wife earlier that I find it extraordinary that only now Paltrow and Jolie piping up that they had problems with him.

And I find it extraordinary that in a situation where a man has been systematically abusing and in some cases allegedly raping women that it's somehow the fault of women.

Where are your calls for Brad Pitt or Matt Damon or Ben Affleck to have spoken up Darran?

Oh right, it's the fault of women and only women if a man is a sexual predator.

Thankfully the vast majority of men are way more developed than people like you and the idiot Dwight.
Horvey Weinstein on 13:38 - Oct 11 with 23593 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Horvey Weinstein on 13:32 - Oct 11 by londonlisa2001

And I find it extraordinary that in a situation where a man has been systematically abusing and in some cases allegedly raping women that it's somehow the fault of women.

Where are your calls for Brad Pitt or Matt Damon or Ben Affleck to have spoken up Darran?

Thankfully the vast majority of men are way more developed than people like you and the idiot Dwight.

I'm not for one moment saying it is these women's fault for what has happened to them.

I am criticising those who make regular public outbursts, rightfully attacking people like President Trump for his horrible comments, meanwhile staying silent about the man who casts them in all their films and helps maintain their elite status, who they must have known was engaging in numerous cases of abuse against their colleagues and whoever else.

The only person I have seen blaming these women was a female fashion designer who said they probably deserved it because they dress provocatively.

Horvey Weinstein on 13:39 - Oct 11 with 23584 viewsDarran

Horvey Weinstein on 13:32 - Oct 11 by londonlisa2001

Yes indeed and Russell Crowe too. None of them should work in Hollywood ever again.

It is a bit odd though that it’s taken a nobody to start the ball rolling whilst a few of the most powerful women in Hollywood seemed intent on saying nothing.

Horvey Weinstein on 14:08 - Oct 11 with 23557 viewsNeath_Jack

Horvey Weinstein on 13:39 - Oct 11 by Darran

Yes indeed and Russell Crowe too. None of them should work in Hollywood ever again.

It is a bit odd though that it’s taken a nobody to start the ball rolling whilst a few of the most powerful women in Hollywood seemed intent on saying nothing.

Unless you've been a victim of a sexual assault, especially in a male dominated world, then you're never going to be able to understand are you?

That's all that matters now is that these women have spoken out and no doubt others will gain strength from it, and you'll probably see more and more come forwards.

It's all to easy to hint towards them putting up with it because they were getting wealthy, but it's a terrible attitude to have.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Harvey Weinstein on 14:16 - Oct 11 with 23543 viewsHighjack

The horrible thing is there's probably another couple of thousand of men (and probably some women) in Hollywood who have been abusing their power and influence for sexual gratification for decades.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Horvey Weinstein on 14:26 - Oct 11 with 23515 viewsDarran

Horvey Weinstein on 14:08 - Oct 11 by Neath_Jack

Unless you've been a victim of a sexual assault, especially in a male dominated world, then you're never going to be able to understand are you?

That's all that matters now is that these women have spoken out and no doubt others will gain strength from it, and you'll probably see more and more come forwards.

It's all to easy to hint towards them putting up with it because they were getting wealthy, but it's a terrible attitude to have.

Yes indeed but forget gender you've got some of the most powerful 'people' in Hollywood here who often like to have their say on every other subject.
Do you honestly think the likes of Jolie,Paltrow etc would never work in Hollywood again if they'd spoken out? Several years ago yes but not now.

I haven't hinted towards them putting up with it because they were getting wealthy either.

Login to get fewer ads

Horvey Weinstein on 15:51 - Oct 11 with 23469 viewsNeath_Jack

Horvey Weinstein on 14:26 - Oct 11 by Darran

Yes indeed but forget gender you've got some of the most powerful 'people' in Hollywood here who often like to have their say on every other subject.
Do you honestly think the likes of Jolie,Paltrow etc would never work in Hollywood again if they'd spoken out? Several years ago yes but not now.

I haven't hinted towards them putting up with it because they were getting wealthy either.

I didn't say that you hinted at it.

Dar, it's easy to say from the outside they should have spoken up, and that nothing would have happened to them. You worked in the works for long enough, you know full well things were happening that shouldn't have been, and very few people will ever speak up about it for fear of their futures. Yes, people say it behind closed doors etc. but actually coming out and going "public" is something completely different. Whistle-blowing isn't easy at the best of times, never mind when it's sexually related and against one of the most powerful people in the industry.

I've no doubt these women have been torn and tormented for years about whether to come out with it or not.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Horvey Weinstein on 15:59 - Oct 11 with 23449 viewsDarran

Horvey Weinstein on 15:51 - Oct 11 by Neath_Jack

I didn't say that you hinted at it.

Dar, it's easy to say from the outside they should have spoken up, and that nothing would have happened to them. You worked in the works for long enough, you know full well things were happening that shouldn't have been, and very few people will ever speak up about it for fear of their futures. Yes, people say it behind closed doors etc. but actually coming out and going "public" is something completely different. Whistle-blowing isn't easy at the best of times, never mind when it's sexually related and against one of the most powerful people in the industry.

I've no doubt these women have been torn and tormented for years about whether to come out with it or not.

I'm not talking about young actresses fearing for their futures I'm their futures that's 'kind of' understandable I'm talking about very powerful and wealthy women but I take your point.

Harvey Weinstein on 16:25 - Oct 11 with 23445 viewstheloneranger

He's known in Hollywood as Harvey W*nkstain
[Post edited 11 Oct 2017 16:29]

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Horvey Weinstein on 17:33 - Oct 11 with 23396 viewsexiledclaseboy

Horvey Weinstein on 14:08 - Oct 11 by Neath_Jack

This forum likes to turn the spotlight onto the victims in sexual crime cases. Happens all the time. It’s nauseating.

Poll: Tory leader

Horvey Weinstein on 17:37 - Oct 11 with 23394 viewslondonlisa2001

Horvey Weinstein on 14:26 - Oct 11 by Darran

Neither Angelina Jolie nor Gwyneth Paltrow were powerful and successful when they were harassed.ntheyvwere starting out.

As for why they didn't speak out later, I imagine it's because of the reaction they knew they'd get (they didn't know it was so widespread - for all they knew it may have just been them). As has happened now (until the sheer weight of numbers changed it), the reaction was disbelief, accusations of them using sex to get parts, accusations of them dressing provocatively and causing it, and so on. Remember that they accuse him of harassment - if they had been assaulted or raped then they may well have said something. Harassment, they may have thought it wasn't worth causing a sh*t storm.

I don't know many women who haven't been sexually harassed in work. None say anything, as it's simply not worth the hassle - the only people who end up suffering are the ones who cmplain, that was particularly true 20 years ago. Different a bit now, and if it became obvious that the man in question had a pattern of harassment or abuse, then people do speak up.

People are assuming that everyone knew. It doesn't look as though that was the case at all. One of the Obama kids worked for him this summer. Do you honestly think that any parents would allow their daughter to work for a bloke if it was actually as well known as some are claiming that he was a serial abuser of young women? Given that those kids could quite literally work for any person or organisation they wanted to?

Do you honestly think that people like Judy Dench are lying when they say that had no clue? She sang his praises on Graham Norton recently - there's no way she'd have done that if she'd suspected.

It's easy to assume people must know stuff when this comes out, but the reality is very different.
Horvey Weinstein on 17:50 - Oct 11 with 23368 viewsDarran

Horvey Weinstein on 17:37 - Oct 11 by londonlisa2001

Neither Angelina Jolie nor Gwyneth Paltrow were powerful and successful when they were harassed.ntheyvwere starting out.

As for why they didn't speak out later, I imagine it's because of the reaction they knew they'd get (they didn't know it was so widespread - for all they knew it may have just been them). As has happened now (until the sheer weight of numbers changed it), the reaction was disbelief, accusations of them using sex to get parts, accusations of them dressing provocatively and causing it, and so on. Remember that they accuse him of harassment - if they had been assaulted or raped then they may well have said something. Harassment, they may have thought it wasn't worth causing a sh*t storm.

I don't know many women who haven't been sexually harassed in work. None say anything, as it's simply not worth the hassle - the only people who end up suffering are the ones who cmplain, that was particularly true 20 years ago. Different a bit now, and if it became obvious that the man in question had a pattern of harassment or abuse, then people do speak up.

People are assuming that everyone knew. It doesn't look as though that was the case at all. One of the Obama kids worked for him this summer. Do you honestly think that any parents would allow their daughter to work for a bloke if it was actually as well known as some are claiming that he was a serial abuser of young women? Given that those kids could quite literally work for any person or organisation they wanted to?

Do you honestly think that people like Judy Dench are lying when they say that had no clue? She sang his praises on Graham Norton recently - there's no way she'd have done that if she'd suspected.

It's easy to assume people must know stuff when this comes out, but the reality is very different.

“Neither Angelina Jolie nor Gwyneth Paltrow were powerful and successful when they were harassed when they were starting out”

Yeah I know that’s why I’ve made that quite clear.

I haven’t mentioned Dench stop making things up.

Horvey Weinstein on 18:00 - Oct 11 with 23364 viewslondonlisa2001

Horvey Weinstein on 17:50 - Oct 11 by Darran

“Neither Angelina Jolie nor Gwyneth Paltrow were powerful and successful when they were harassed when they were starting out”

Yeah I know that’s why I’ve made that quite clear.

I haven’t mentioned Dench stop making things up.

I didn't say you had.

Stop making things up.
Harvey Weinstein on 19:53 - Oct 11 with 23304 viewswhoflungdung

Fair play Lisa, that s a great post ,a real ripper, an exposee of a deeply shallow man the like of which shames us all

I hate my sex,sometimes. We ve not really progressed ,not as much as women

Too many are still in the grabbing women by the hair and stick em in the kitchen mode .

Men truly cause all the strife in life

Poll: Is it Spa or spa

Harvey Weinstein on 20:00 - Oct 11 with 23285 viewsDarran

Harvey Weinstein on 19:53 - Oct 11 by whoflungdung

Fair play Lisa, that s a great post ,a real ripper, an exposee of a deeply shallow man the like of which shames us all

I hate my sex,sometimes. We ve not really progressed ,not as much as women

Too many are still in the grabbing women by the hair and stick em in the kitchen mode .

Men truly cause all the strife in life

lol without doubt the stupidest cùnt this site,any site has ever seen.

Harvey Weinstein on 20:05 - Oct 11 with 23278 viewsDarran

lol who's had drunken sex with their wife on here? Come on own up you rapists.
Stupid stupid çunt.

[Post edited 11 Oct 2017 20:06]

Harvey Weinstein on 20:06 - Oct 11 with 23282 viewsDr_Winston

Weinstein is obviously a piece of shit, but considering Kate Winslet has happily worked for Roman Polanski in the past she should probably keep quiet on the subject TBH.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Harvey Weinstein on 20:10 - Oct 11 with 23266 viewsDarran

Harvey Weinstein on 20:06 - Oct 11 by Dr_Winston

Weinstein is obviously a piece of shit, but considering Kate Winslet has happily worked for Roman Polanski in the past she should probably keep quiet on the subject TBH.

And this prick too.

http://www.snopes.com/meryl-streep-applaud-roman-polanski/

(No subject) (n/t) on 08:22 - Oct 12 with 23156 viewsswanjackal

20 second mark to the end, explains a lot.
[Post edited 12 Oct 2017 8:23]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

Harvey Weinstein on 08:46 - Oct 12 with 23135 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

This thread does not make good reading!

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Harvey Weinstein on 11:59 - Oct 12 with 23085 viewsLegend83

A producer on R4 yesterday said he once accompanied her to a private screening of In The Cut and when Meg Ryan took her clothes of, he proceeded to nip behind a curtain about 10 feet away from her to "relieve his palpable excitement".
Harvey Weinstein on 12:04 - Oct 12 with 23079 viewsswanjackal

Harvey Weinstein on 11:59 - Oct 12 by Legend83

A producer on R4 yesterday said he once accompanied her to a private screening of In The Cut and when Meg Ryan took her clothes of, he proceeded to nip behind a curtain about 10 feet away from her to "relieve his palpable excitement".

If he spuffed it into a plant pot, we now know the secret of why the ficus in a producer's office looks so healthy.
[Post edited 12 Oct 2017 12:10]

Harvey Weinstein on 12:46 - Oct 12 with 23052 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

I've always thought Elijah Wood was telling the truth and I hope that is the next 'well known' scandal that finally becomes public.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024