Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chris Coleman 13:12 - Nov 19 with 2034 viewsForestGreenRovers

Seemed to jump ship far too soon to go to Sunderland.

Could Swansea have afforded him or don't they have enough to pay off Clement?

Pulis anyone?
Chris Coleman on 14:59 - Nov 19 with 1914 viewscastlejack

I think he jumped into the Sunderland job quick, knowing the next role offered would be to manage the Swans in a few weeks, which he really didn’t want to do

Poll: Next Swans manager

Chris Coleman on 15:08 - Nov 19 with 1893 viewsbyron

Coleman jumped as he knows he was very lucky to manage who he had with wales at a very good time. He’s an average manager who basically just got given millions of pounds to manage a sinking ship, he can’t really lose, even failure will result in millions in the bank......tough life eh

Benny

Chris Coleman on 15:17 - Nov 19 with 1864 viewsraynor94

Another lucky break for him, he'll soon be found out again, but he'll receive another hefty pay off, so good luck to him

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Chris Coleman on 15:19 - Nov 19 with 1855 viewsN_T_J

Coleman has said he would NEVER manage the Swans.

About 10 years ago he said it because his family have to live in the City if he failed.
Chris Coleman on 20:51 - Nov 19 with 1615 viewsmajorraglan

I think going to Sunderland is it a good move for him. They are a very big club who have been in a decline for a number of years, if he can’t stop the rot he will be sacked, pick up a big wad and be able to lay a lot of the blame on historic issues within the club. If he can stop the rot and keep them up, he will be hailed a success and get the plaudits. If he can keep them up this year, they will regroup next summer and be in a position to move forward.
Chris Coleman on 21:00 - Nov 19 with 1579 viewspencoedjack

Chris Coleman on 15:08 - Nov 19 by byron

Coleman jumped as he knows he was very lucky to manage who he had with wales at a very good time. He’s an average manager who basically just got given millions of pounds to manage a sinking ship, he can’t really lose, even failure will result in millions in the bank......tough life eh

I agree

Success for them this season will be staying up which should be easily achieved with the players at his disposal relegation & it will be he took over a club in turmoil

750 k a year & a payoff if he’s sacked happy days
Chris Coleman on 22:06 - Nov 19 with 1526 viewsbazzool

Chris Coleman on 20:51 - Nov 19 by majorraglan

I think going to Sunderland is it a good move for him. They are a very big club who have been in a decline for a number of years, if he can’t stop the rot he will be sacked, pick up a big wad and be able to lay a lot of the blame on historic issues within the club. If he can stop the rot and keep them up, he will be hailed a success and get the plaudits. If he can keep them up this year, they will regroup next summer and be in a position to move forward.

Yip true, and we,l be moving backwards
Chris Coleman on 08:08 - Nov 20 with 1413 viewswaynekerr55

If Coleman is/was the answer then we've been asking the wrong questions

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Login to get fewer ads

Chris Coleman on 08:40 - Nov 20 with 1378 viewsJJJack

Chris Coleman on 14:59 - Nov 19 by castlejack

I think he jumped into the Sunderland job quick, knowing the next role offered would be to manage the Swans in a few weeks, which he really didn’t want to do

EXactly. AS he's always stated
Chris Coleman on 08:43 - Nov 20 with 1373 viewsJJJack

Chris Coleman on 21:00 - Nov 19 by pencoedjack

I agree

Success for them this season will be staying up which should be easily achieved with the players at his disposal relegation & it will be he took over a club in turmoil

750 k a year & a payoff if he’s sacked happy days

Agreed. He can & probably will keep them out. He has little to lose and a substantial lot to gain. Taking over Sunderland is an open goal for any semi-competent manager. Apart from managing Celtic I couldn't think of an easier job in British football right now.
Chris Coleman on 08:53 - Nov 20 with 1365 viewsGarph

Chris Coleman on 08:43 - Nov 20 by JJJack

Agreed. He can & probably will keep them out. He has little to lose and a substantial lot to gain. Taking over Sunderland is an open goal for any semi-competent manager. Apart from managing Celtic I couldn't think of an easier job in British football right now.

The Welsh FA dinosaurs were to slow to confirm Coleman’s future contract so it is to Sunderland’s advantage that they acquires the services of a very good man manager who brings out the best in the players at his disposal, this has been proven time and again with Wales!
Good Luck to you Chris, you deserve success at club level after your successful tenure as Wales best ever manager.
Chris Coleman on 08:57 - Nov 20 with 1358 viewsJoe_bradshaw

If Coleman finds himself out of work for a spell in future and the Swans make him an offer he’ll go back on his word in the blink of an eye.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Chris Coleman on 19:24 - Nov 20 with 1196 viewsjacabertawe

Replacements for Coleman and Symons:
Osian Roberts, Manger
Craig Bellamy, Assistant.

An excellent mix of qualities IMO.

Britishness...is a political synonym for Englishness which extends English culture over the Scots, the Welsh, and the Irish. - Gwynfor Evans

Chris Coleman on 20:38 - Nov 20 with 1145 viewswhiterock

Chris Coleman on 19:24 - Nov 20 by jacabertawe

Replacements for Coleman and Symons:
Osian Roberts, Manger
Craig Bellamy, Assistant.

An excellent mix of qualities IMO.

Not sure on Combo, I think Bellers should be cutting his teeth like the guy at Shrewsbury
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024