Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City 0-4 Manchester City - Player Ratings and Reports 08:50 - Dec 14 with 692 viewsSwansIndependent

Swansea City 0-4 Manchester City - Player Ratings and Reports 14th Dec 2017 08:49
If you were at the game and fancy rating the players or even just want to vent your spleen using our "Our report" feature then do so here 0

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Swansea City 0-4 Manchester City - Player Ratings and Reports on 11:20 - Dec 14 with 565 viewsjackrabbit

Never seen one of these match day threads without a single reply before. I felt sorry for it, so thought I'd contribute these pearls of wisdom. The fact that nobody has anything to say on this thread more or less sums up the match. Not a lot to be said. We were mullered, given a lesson on how to play football by probably one of the best teams in the world right now. A team of superbly talented individuals, playing well within themselves, executing passing and running moves with supreme confidence. Virtually irresistible. The contrast with the Swans just emphasised how far we've regressed. We offered very little and the lack of belief in what we were doing, was startlingly evident in every player except....Lucasz Fabianski, who as usual saved us from an even worse humbling. He has to be this season's unsung hero par excellence. Never complains or spouts off to the Press. Just does his job quietly and competently. We are lucky to have him.

Where from here? We are in the same state as we were in August, or perhaps perversely, even slightly better off. We have a fairly competent back line - yesterday's match notwithstanding- with just 14 goals conceded ( Stoke have conceded thirty something). We have the makings of a very good forward line with Wilf, Tammy and J Ayew all very capable. But what we don't have and haven't had all season is any midfield creativity. Unless we can pick up a Fabregas, Erikksen , ....or Joe Allen type of player in January , I fear we will just stumble to inevitable relegation. A pundit on MOTD Extra a few weeks ago summed up what the reaction would be in the football world in general. He stated in so many words that Swans have come from humble origins, had their moment in the sun, and so it wouldn't be a complete disaster if they returned where they'd come from. They'd be back where they belonged. Who remembers Swindon, Charlton, Portsmouth and the rest were once Premier League clubs? Extremely depressing.
Swansea City 0-4 Manchester City - Player Ratings and Reports on 11:39 - Dec 14 with 544 viewsLegend83

Swansea City 0-4 Manchester City - Player Ratings and Reports on 11:20 - Dec 14 by jackrabbit

Never seen one of these match day threads without a single reply before. I felt sorry for it, so thought I'd contribute these pearls of wisdom. The fact that nobody has anything to say on this thread more or less sums up the match. Not a lot to be said. We were mullered, given a lesson on how to play football by probably one of the best teams in the world right now. A team of superbly talented individuals, playing well within themselves, executing passing and running moves with supreme confidence. Virtually irresistible. The contrast with the Swans just emphasised how far we've regressed. We offered very little and the lack of belief in what we were doing, was startlingly evident in every player except....Lucasz Fabianski, who as usual saved us from an even worse humbling. He has to be this season's unsung hero par excellence. Never complains or spouts off to the Press. Just does his job quietly and competently. We are lucky to have him.

Where from here? We are in the same state as we were in August, or perhaps perversely, even slightly better off. We have a fairly competent back line - yesterday's match notwithstanding- with just 14 goals conceded ( Stoke have conceded thirty something). We have the makings of a very good forward line with Wilf, Tammy and J Ayew all very capable. But what we don't have and haven't had all season is any midfield creativity. Unless we can pick up a Fabregas, Erikksen , ....or Joe Allen type of player in January , I fear we will just stumble to inevitable relegation. A pundit on MOTD Extra a few weeks ago summed up what the reaction would be in the football world in general. He stated in so many words that Swans have come from humble origins, had their moment in the sun, and so it wouldn't be a complete disaster if they returned where they'd come from. They'd be back where they belonged. Who remembers Swindon, Charlton, Portsmouth and the rest were once Premier League clubs? Extremely depressing.

I think Joe Allen could be described as many things, but a creative midfielder would not be one of them.

We desperately need a David Silva-lite. Think Pablo Hernandez type player.

But more than anything, I have come to accept that we need a manager who thinks about how to win and not how not to lose, who sets the team up to play to it's strengths, not like an oil tanker, and one who wants to create a legacy and not base everything he does on pragmatism.
Swansea City 0-4 Manchester City - Player Ratings and Reports on 12:36 - Dec 14 with 509 viewsjackrabbit

Swansea City 0-4 Manchester City - Player Ratings and Reports on 11:39 - Dec 14 by Legend83

I think Joe Allen could be described as many things, but a creative midfielder would not be one of them.

We desperately need a David Silva-lite. Think Pablo Hernandez type player.

But more than anything, I have come to accept that we need a manager who thinks about how to win and not how not to lose, who sets the team up to play to it's strengths, not like an oil tanker, and one who wants to create a legacy and not base everything he does on pragmatism.

Point taken on Joe - "box to box" would probably be closer the mark. Having said that, the gorgeous slid-through pass to Shaquiri for the equaliser against us last week, was pretty 'creative'. I don't think any of our present lot could have slotted that without making it so obvious that it would be inevitably intercepted. Sigh!

David Silva would be perfect for our needs (or Fabregas/Erikksen/Willian for that matter). We're more likely to get Long John Silva. I agree with your comments on the manager also, but to be fair to him, he hasn't got much to work with. This team is seriously deficient.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024