Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pre match warm up today 20:59 - Dec 9 with 2955 viewsJack_Kass

I like to take an interest in these sort of things at games, 90% dont and either don't pay attention, or dont get in the ground in enough time to see it, each to their own..

As I do with every game, I arrived in the ground today to watch the pre match activity, and I was genuinely shocked, for a team at almost as high a level as you can possibly get, it is (was) poor, very poor.

'Ahh its just the warm up, means fack all..' some will say, but its all connected, otherwise whats the point in it, at all. You can observe and tell an awful lot about any player/team in just that 30 minutes or so, and if ours today was any kind of reflection of what happens in regular training sessions, then this is where the teams problems are stemming from.

I don't know the name of the gentleman who was leading the activity, but a big sign of the kind of influence he has on the players was when he was leading the dynamic movement exercises at the start, and the players were either doing something completely different or poor versions of what was asked/demonstrated.

There were many alarming facets from there onwards, but the one I really couldn't believe was that at at one point, a team in the PL would have its players standing in a static line in front of one another, passing the ball back and forth, you know, like a terribly outdated U8 grassroots activity.

Leon looked like a garden gnome, no input whatsoever.

Without surprise, first 20 minutes, many in the team couldn't trap cement, with another combination with the advertising hoarding failing to come off (I think this is 3 seperate players to my knowledge that have done this, this season, all in recent weeks). These things are not coincidental.

Usually if the training is poor, it finds a way of coming out, as I remember happening with Laudrup/Sousa, but is it a surprise that our players are looking very poor with the technical basics these days, when the level of our coaching setup, looks very poor?

Brief videos on social media of the training sessions, dont really do much to dispel this argument, so is this where the real issue is? Anyone with an ear to the ground know more?

Poll: FA Cup or Premier League

Pre match warm up today on 21:02 - Dec 9 with 2931 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Did you notice the WBA warm up?

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Pre match warm up today on 21:09 - Dec 9 with 2889 viewsJack_Kass

Yes.

Much better than ours, and pretty reflective of a top professional team, and even what we used to do.

They're usually all very similiar. Dynamic movement, into a keepaway activity, strikers/midfielders go on to do shooting with the keeper, defenders onto heading maybe. Genuienly considered best practice.

Which is why today was pretty alarming from my perspective, for something that all top level teams generally have down to the tee, to be so poorly organised.

A possible microcosm.

Pre match warm up today on 21:18 - Dec 9 with 2804 viewsGowerjack

And we're still fûcking rubbish at throw ins.

Basics.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Pre match warm up today on 21:18 - Dec 9 with 2805 viewsDarran

Pre match warm up today on 21:09 - Dec 9 by Jack_Kass

Yes.

Much better than ours, and pretty reflective of a top professional team, and even what we used to do.

They're usually all very similiar. Dynamic movement, into a keepaway activity, strikers/midfielders go on to do shooting with the keeper, defenders onto heading maybe. Genuienly considered best practice.

Which is why today was pretty alarming from my perspective, for something that all top level teams generally have down to the tee, to be so poorly organised.

A possible microcosm.

That must be why West Brom won today then.

Makes sense I suppose.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Pre match warm up today on 21:22 - Dec 9 with 2785 viewsGaryjack

Pre match warm up today on 21:09 - Dec 9 by Jack_Kass

Yes.

A possible microcosm.

So they won the warm up then? Gutted i am.
Pre match warm up today on 21:22 - Dec 9 with 2785 viewsJoshTheJack

Pre match warm up today on 21:18 - Dec 9 by Gowerjack

And we're still fûcking rubbish at throw ins.

Basics.

We make it look so fecking difficult.
Pre match warm up today on 21:24 - Dec 9 with 2761 viewsJack_Kass

Pre match warm up today on 21:18 - Dec 9 by Darran

That must be why West Brom won today then.

Makes sense I suppose.

It's not reflective of the result Darran, and nor did i say anywhere that it was.

But it is reflective of our place in the table, and why our players keep passing, unpressured, into the advertising boards.

Once is a joke, but then, not twice, but three times? How many times has it happened in the last 3 years, compared to the last 3 weeks?

Pre match warm up today on 00:15 - Dec 10 with 2501 viewsWarwickHunt

"Usually if the training is poor, it finds a way of coming out, as I remember happening with Laudrup/Sousa"

The training wasn't poor. The common factor is that they both though Garry "Loud, Proud and Positive" Monk was a donkey and a bit of a cûnt...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024