Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The role of the Trust when the smoke has cleared. 20:53 - Dec 19 with 1010 viewsPrivate_Partz

One poster has already said that the Trust is finished but I disagree. It has to exist in some form in the future. Maybe an amalgamation of the various groups that are out there at the moment.
I also think it is unfair on the likes of Lisa and Clasey who have stood up to be counted and are in there to make things happen and put wrongs to right.
We tend to forget one piece of good work the Trust did in scuppering the first takeover deal before being disgracefully marginalised by Jenkins and Co. to allow the second buyout to go through.
I was thinking of the role of the Trust in the future. Who knows there may be a working relationship with the Yanks, or whoever they sold on to. A successful club would be the goal of both parties, albeit for very different reasons.
In such circumstances instead of just vetting potential buyers could the Trust also be actively involved in sourcing future buyers for the club?
I assume the owners would either be the Yanks or another set of investors trying to make a quick buck so I doubt there would be many objections from the speculators.
This way we might actually get an owner that gives an eff about the club. I guess it would also mean we need to retain a strong shareholding in the club.
Any views would be appreciated. I am happy to be shot down in flames as this is an area for which I have very little knowledge :-)

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

The role of the Trust when the smoke has cleared. on 21:01 - Dec 19 with 987 viewsswancity

The days of the Trust may well be numbered. Arguably, they have one final opportunity to redeem themselves but despite an encouraging recent influx of some new blood, the old guard are still there and they've shown that they aren't interested in challenging anything...

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

The role of the Trust when the smoke has cleared. on 21:12 - Dec 19 with 969 viewsjack247

We are just a commodity to the Americans. When the time is right for them, they will sell their shares. They won’t care who they are selling to, what the long term implications for the club are and least of all what the trust think of it.

Unfortunately.
The role of the Trust when the smoke has cleared. on 21:22 - Dec 19 with 944 viewsWingstandwood

The role of the Trust when the smoke has cleared. on 21:01 - Dec 19 by swancity

The days of the Trust may well be numbered. Arguably, they have one final opportunity to redeem themselves but despite an encouraging recent influx of some new blood, the old guard are still there and they've shown that they aren't interested in challenging anything...

Aye, despite last weeks Kamikaze Huw Jenkins court appearance where he was exposed to all and sundry to to be a devious, lying, untrustworthy piece of lowlife sh#t who would even hold a FAKE MEETING?

Despite the Godsend of an open goal?

And despite the utter disgcrace of the Yanks and Co double-crossing yet again and all past, present and future disrespect and taunting e.g. Van Zweden on Twitter etc.

The Trust has so far deceided to wave the white flag, betray the SCST ethos, sh#t on the memory of deceased former members and their ideals to bend over and be shafted.

If they do not stop the grubby sell-off deal they should p#ss off out of Swansea area like the sell-outs should.

Argus!

The role of the Trust when the smoke has cleared. on 21:26 - Dec 19 with 933 viewsPapaLazarou

How far would current members of the Supporters Trust object to a Momentum-style takeover of the Trust through entryism from other supporters groups? It's an interesting idea...
The role of the Trust when the smoke has cleared. on 10:47 - Dec 20 with 795 viewsPrivate_Partz

Thamksfor the responses. It was hardly a riveting original post ;-)
Whilst everyone seems to be addressing the Trust in its present form. I am looking to the future.
The current set up may not be there but something will take its place. Just like Jenkins and Co they can't go on forever.
I know it is taking an optimistic view of the future but things will change regardless of this. Otherwise Lisa, Clasey and all the eternal groups will have failed. I don't think that will be the case as momentum (small 'm') and dissatisfaction will continue to grow. The protest groups will become more voiceuferous and more Like Lisa and Clasey will be joining up and therefore will sway the composition and direction of the Trust Board.
I am coming round to the feeling that we should all join the Trust. Go along to the meetings and give them Hell. At the same time support all the groups out there who share a similar goal to us.
I appreciate I am happily giving advise to people that I don't practice myself.
I think I will start by rejoining the Trust.....
[Post edited 20 Dec 2017 10:49]

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

The role of the Trust when the smoke has cleared. on 10:58 - Dec 20 with 768 viewsmonmouth

Yes join the Trust and replace the sycophants and weasels with the Lisas and the Clasies. That's the key. The efforts by the other groups already have shown what can be done quickly by people with the drive.

I'm more convinced than ever that everything must be linked in future if the supporters are to have a voice. A 'political' wing with inside presence and an 'Action' wing on the outside. Part of the action wings remit to keep the political wing honest. Somewhere in there must be a proper communications network with serious high profile outlets, shared by both to deliver different types of message aimed at the same ends, the benefit of Swansea City Supporters as a whole. Wholly and exclusively.

Easy to say from the comfort of my sofa I know.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The role of the Trust when the smoke has cleared. on 11:03 - Dec 20 with 760 viewsPrivate_Partz

The role of the Trust when the smoke has cleared. on 10:58 - Dec 20 by monmouth

Yes join the Trust and replace the sycophants and weasels with the Lisas and the Clasies. That's the key. The efforts by the other groups already have shown what can be done quickly by people with the drive.

I'm more convinced than ever that everything must be linked in future if the supporters are to have a voice. A 'political' wing with inside presence and an 'Action' wing on the outside. Part of the action wings remit to keep the political wing honest. Somewhere in there must be a proper communications network with serious high profile outlets, shared by both to deliver different types of message aimed at the same ends, the benefit of Swansea City Supporters as a whole. Wholly and exclusively.

Easy to say from the comfort of my sofa I know.

It is easy to say but a great first page for the manifesto of the future. I agree 100%

The role of the Trust when the smoke has cleared. on 11:19 - Dec 20 with 734 viewsJack_Kass

The trust is not finished, it just needs a new head, and a new handle (Trigger, 1987)

Poll: FA Cup or Premier League

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024