Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jonathan Davies ...Centre 12:52 - Feb 12 with 1962 viewsperchrockjack

He must be up there with Gibbs,RWR ,Jack Matthews ,Bateman

Thoughts ?

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Jonathan Davies ...Centre on 18:43 - Feb 12 with 1850 viewsdickythorpe

Had a dream season last year.
He led the Scarlets despite not being captain in name. His kicking game may be up for debate but he's worked so hard since being knee high to a grasshopper.
He comes from a very hardworking family in the Laugharne/ St. Clears area. His father worked in Birmingham as an accountant and worked his backside off whilst his mum ran pubs.
His dad was the youngest ever debutant for Carmarthen Quins RFC 1st XV aged 16 position (you guessed it )centre.
Jonathan Davies ...Centre on 18:47 - Feb 12 with 1847 viewsdickythorpe

Mark Taylor was some player, and let's not forget Roy Bergiers, John Dawes, Steve Fenwick and Claude Davey.
Mark Ring if only he'd escaped serious injury and kept fit might have potentially been an all time great.
I wish he'd become a top flight coach for so much longer.
[Post edited 12 Feb 2018 18:49]
Jonathan Davies ...Centre on 19:33 - Feb 12 with 1811 viewsperchrockjack

Bergiers was underated .

Seem to recall him being side lined on a Lions tour

What stands out for me is JD having what all great players have ...time. He makes the right decisions instinctively ,under pressure, and that can't be coached easily

Jonathan Davies ...Centre on 20:17 - Feb 12 with 1784 viewsdickythorpe

Roy Bergiers taught me Business Studies and rugby for one year. A very strong man with huge hands but broke his leg 6 times!! 3 times as a teacher, has trouble walking now and is more metallic than bone
Jonathan Davies ...Centre on 20:29 - Feb 12 with 1769 viewsperchrockjack

I was at Stradey for that try under the posts

Jonathan Davies ...Centre on 20:35 - Feb 12 with 1757 viewsmax936

Bloody Turks

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Jonathan Davies ...Centre on 20:38 - Feb 12 with 1755 viewsJackfath

Did you used to play Perchie?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Jonathan Davies ...Centre on 20:39 - Feb 12 with 1753 viewsBanosswan

Bateman. Fact.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Login to get fewer ads

Jonathan Davies ...Centre on 20:46 - Feb 12 with 1743 viewsperchrockjack

No secret Fathy .
Down there and up here

Was member at New Brighton for twenty years

I've coached kids at our local village club when our lad played there .

I liked rugby very much ,was very quick over ten yards and could kick decent enough

I wasn't good at doing much tackling and got banged regularly as I was never more than 12 stone then . As lads got bigger and I got narkier, I quit and stuck to playing Squash

Played cricket too.

Jonathan Davies ...Centre on 20:47 - Feb 12 with 1741 viewsJackfath

Jonathan Davies ...Centre on 20:46 - Feb 12 by perchrockjack

No secret Fathy .
Down there and up here

Was member at New Brighton for twenty years

I've coached kids at our local village club when our lad played there .

I liked rugby very much ,was very quick over ten yards and could kick decent enough

I wasn't good at doing much tackling and got banged regularly as I was never more than 12 stone then . As lads got bigger and I got narkier, I quit and stuck to playing Squash

Played cricket too.

What position were you?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.

Jonathan Davies ...Centre on 20:49 - Feb 12 with 1737 viewsdickythorpe

Jonathan Davies ...Centre on 20:35 - Feb 12 by max936

Bloody Turks

I was the only bloke who wore a Swansea shirt in his lessons, he loved that. Good banter and I used to really enjoy the toughening up process he put us through which is sadly lacking now!
Jonathan Davies ...Centre on 20:50 - Feb 12 with 1734 viewsperchrockjack

Played open side once but got tw@tted badly.

From then on I played 10 12 or 15 .

Not being big was a disadvantage especially I was fond of a scrap. I tended to start things off and let others finish it.

Got sent off once though. Proudest day of my life

Jonathan Davies ...Centre on 20:50 - Feb 12 with 1734 viewsmax936

Jonathan Davies ...Centre on 20:47 - Feb 12 by Jackfath

What position were you?

Outside Half.

Jonathan Davies ...Centre on 20:51 - Feb 12 with 1729 viewsJackfath

Jonathan Davies ...Centre on 20:50 - Feb 12 by max936

Outside Half.

Did you ever play against him?

Jonathan Davies ...Centre on 20:55 - Feb 12 with 1723 viewssherpajacob

Gav and Bleddyn the centres in my all time welsh team

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Jonathan Davies ...Centre on 20:56 - Feb 12 with 1722 viewsmax936

Jonathan Davies ...Centre on 20:49 - Feb 12 by dickythorpe

I was the only bloke who wore a Swansea shirt in his lessons, he loved that. Good banter and I used to really enjoy the toughening up process he put us through which is sadly lacking now!

Loved playing, but started to late at 28 then finished to early at 35ish, Lad was born with all his problems and I felt I had little choice, regret it now really wish I had played on as looking back it was doable wish I could play again, will it happen at 57

Jonathan Davies ...Centre on 21:02 - Feb 12 with 1712 viewsdickythorpe

Jonathan Davies ...Centre on 20:56 - Feb 12 by max936

Loved playing, but started to late at 28 then finished to early at 35ish, Lad was born with all his problems and I felt I had little choice, regret it now really wish I had played on as looking back it was doable wish I could play again, will it happen at 57

Max, it won't!!! It is a great sport but brutal. Despite all the knocks I took as a ball carrier it was only from being poorly supported in a line out by one of my props that my knee gave out and finished me.
I would never put anyone off playing, but I would say make sure you are fit and into weights and at least can bench and squat you're own body weight.
You have to be strong to take the hits as well as give them.
Jonathan Davies ...Centre on 21:04 - Feb 12 with 1709 viewsperchrockjack

Forgot about Bleddyn

Ffs

Jonathan Davies ...Centre on 21:06 - Feb 12 with 1699 viewsDarran

Jonathan Davies ...Centre on 21:02 - Feb 12 by dickythorpe

Max, it won't!!! It is a great sport but brutal. Despite all the knocks I took as a ball carrier it was only from being poorly supported in a line out by one of my props that my knee gave out and finished me.
I would never put anyone off playing, but I would say make sure you are fit and into weights and at least can bench and squat you're own body weight.

I’ve heard the stories about Max playing rugby Dick my mate was captain of the firsts.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Jonathan Davies ...Centre on 21:22 - Feb 12 with 1681 viewsBanosswan

Jonathan Davies ...Centre on 21:04 - Feb 12 by perchrockjack

Forgot about Bleddyn

Ffs

Trebanos see

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Jonathan Davies ...Centre on 21:27 - Feb 12 with 1673 viewsKilkennyjack

Gav and Gibbs are two of the best.

Jamie Roberts also superb.
Fenwick stand out good.

Cymru has been blessed.

Alfie ? If shane and ieuan are the wingers.

Beware of the Risen People

Jonathan Davies ...Centre on 21:27 - Feb 12 with 1671 viewsmax936

Jonathan Davies ...Centre on 20:51 - Feb 12 by Jackfath

Did you ever play against him?

Jonathan Davies ...Centre on 21:36 - Feb 12 with 1660 viewsmax936

Jonathan Davies ...Centre on 21:02 - Feb 12 by dickythorpe

I was never out of the gym Dicky, train twice a week with the club, tues and a thurs weight train mon, weds and fri, play on a Saturday when picked then a pissup, then run a 6/7 miler on Sunday evenings, trouble was when doing weights I picked up a few injuries that would rule me out of playing.
I was lifting some heavy stuff though squatting, benching all the main body parts mostly all compound moves until I learnt off others with a better knowledge of what exercises to do, loved the weights still, do but in the fattening up process these days, got to snap out of it I'm afraid to jump on the scales at the moment
[Post edited 12 Feb 2018 21:37]

Jonathan Davies ...Centre on 21:42 - Feb 12 with 1647 viewsdickythorpe

Got up to 150 kg in the bench, 190kg in the squat for a one rep max and it started spiralling out of control. The gym made me too aggressive.
I've lost nearly 2 stone since stopping heavy weights and in all honesty I'm happier for it.

Ego's, muscle and gyms ......... Don't miss any of those 3
Jonathan Davies ...Centre on 21:51 - Feb 12 with 1638 viewsmax936

Jonathan Davies ...Centre on 21:42 - Feb 12 by dickythorpe

Got up to 150 kg in the bench, 190kg in the squat for a one rep max and it started spiralling out of control. The gym made me too aggressive.
I've lost nearly 2 stone since stopping heavy weights and in all honesty I'm happier for it.

Ego's, muscle and gyms ......... Don't miss any of those 3

Me to, I do circuits using Dumbbells when I'm in the zone which I haven't been since August and use exercise bikre, I just use heavier Dumbbells once I get used to the weight, 8 straight exercises 30 second rest then bang out the sets rarely more than 5 though, usually have a bit longer rest 1,1/2 to 2 mins after 3rd and 4th sets. 20 minute warm up on bike then go for it then at least 20mins back on bike after circuits.

Need to get back at though and soon, this weather doesn't help though, to bloody cold.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024