Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
FA Cup Quarter Finals 11:27 - Mar 12 with 2970 viewsPhil_S

So the last time we reached this stage of the competition was before my time on this earth

Anyone on here present the last time we played in the last eight? What are your memories of it?
FA Cup Quarter Finals on 12:14 - Mar 12 with 2917 viewsvetchonian

DOnt remember much about the quarter final but do remember my Dad and uncle returning from the semi-fianl.....I was only 2!

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

FA Cup Quarter Finals on 12:39 - Mar 12 with 2868 viewsswan65split

i can remember flashes of the Stoke game, was too young to go to Villa park.
FA Cup Quarter Finals on 12:41 - Mar 12 with 2861 viewssainthelens

My grandad ( passed away now bless him ) used to talk regularly about losing that semi final in 63/64. Said it took him and his pals long time to get over losing it. Kept blaming the state of the pitch. So hope he's looking down on Saturday... I know he'd want me and my lad to experience the semis.
FA Cup Quarter Finals on 12:48 - Mar 12 with 2845 viewslifelong

Yes, I went to both the Stoke and Sheffield United games home and away, I was gutted that I couldn’t get a ticket for the Liverpool game at Anfield, went to the semi final at Villa Park with my father and three other people.
FA Cup Quarter Finals on 14:53 - Mar 12 with 2754 viewsSTID2017

I could have sworn you were older than that !
Must be the picture of you on your avatar

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

FA Cup Quarter Finals on 17:37 - Mar 12 with 2681 viewsPrivate_Partz

FA Cup Quarter Finals on 12:48 - Mar 12 by lifelong

Yes, I went to both the Stoke and Sheffield United games home and away, I was gutted that I couldn’t get a ticket for the Liverpool game at Anfield, went to the semi final at Villa Park with my father and three other people.

I was 12 but had very little interest in sport whatsoever. I remember getting excited though as each round passed and the closer we got to Wembley.
My father did all the away trips including Liverpool and the SF.
It probably started my interest in the Swans. The Arsenal game at the Vetch really got the ball rolling and I was right into the Swans by the time Roy Bentley became manager.
Late starter or what? :-))

Edit: My bad. I made an error. I was actually 11. I don't want you all thinking I am older than I actually am ;-)
[Post edited 12 Mar 2018 17:41]

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

FA Cup Quarter Finals on 18:06 - Mar 12 with 2611 viewsOldjack

I remember listening to the semi on my transistor set

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

FA Cup Quarter Finals on 18:30 - Mar 12 with 2575 viewsMuteswan

FA Cup Quarter Finals on 17:37 - Mar 12 by Private_Partz

I was 12 but had very little interest in sport whatsoever. I remember getting excited though as each round passed and the closer we got to Wembley.
My father did all the away trips including Liverpool and the SF.
It probably started my interest in the Swans. The Arsenal game at the Vetch really got the ball rolling and I was right into the Swans by the time Roy Bentley became manager.
Late starter or what? :-))

Edit: My bad. I made an error. I was actually 11. I don't want you all thinking I am older than I actually am ;-)
[Post edited 12 Mar 2018 17:41]

I was 10 at the time of the Liverpool game and in the Co-op in Swansea with my mother when the result came over the tannoy . A loud cheer went up and quite a buzz of people talking about the result. My father went to the Preston match with a few of his friends, they hired a Ford Corsair for the trip. A posh car for us in those days.
This was the start of my following of the Swans. Was it really that long ago? 😳
Login to get fewer ads

FA Cup Quarter Finals on 18:51 - Mar 12 with 2527 viewsmax936

I was three and suckling on a bottle of pale ale.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

FA Cup Quarter Finals on 19:41 - Mar 12 with 2463 viewsSwansNZ

FA Cup Quarter Finals on 12:14 - Mar 12 by vetchonian

DOnt remember much about the quarter final but do remember my Dad and uncle returning from the semi-fianl.....I was only 2!

I must have had a traumatic childhood and blanked it all out as I can’t remember anything from when I was 2 or even 5.
I’m 6 now

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

FA Cup Quarter Finals on 20:31 - Mar 12 with 2396 viewsbuilthjack

FA Cup Quarter Finals on 18:51 - Mar 12 by max936

I was three and suckling on a bottle of pale ale.

You should have progressed to the top shelf by then.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

FA Cup Quarter Finals on 20:33 - Mar 12 with 2396 viewsmax936

FA Cup Quarter Finals on 20:31 - Mar 12 by builthjack

You should have progressed to the top shelf by then.

Ma and Pa hid the step ladder mun,

FA Cup Quarter Finals on 20:34 - Mar 12 with 2392 viewssherpajacob

FA Cup Quarter Finals on 18:06 - Mar 12 by Oldjack

I remember listening to the semi on my transistor set

With your grandchildren?

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

FA Cup Quarter Finals on 20:36 - Mar 12 with 2383 viewsmax936

FA Cup Quarter Finals on 20:34 - Mar 12 by sherpajacob

With your grandchildren?

Na, Jagerbomb in one hand and fishing rod in t'other mun.

FA Cup Quarter Finals on 21:17 - Mar 12 with 2323 viewsglobus10

My 81 yr old dad went to both the qtr and semi. Always used to tell me the story that he had free fish and chips in a Liverpool chip shop ' because we deserved our win, and that although being 1 up in the semi against PNE. The Swans came out in the 2nd half with their heads down. May have been his imagination. He got a bit of dementia now so I doubt I will hear the stories Saturday. Sad really.
FA Cup Quarter Finals on 21:21 - Mar 12 with 2314 viewsmax936

FA Cup Quarter Finals on 21:17 - Mar 12 by globus10

My 81 yr old dad went to both the qtr and semi. Always used to tell me the story that he had free fish and chips in a Liverpool chip shop ' because we deserved our win, and that although being 1 up in the semi against PNE. The Swans came out in the 2nd half with their heads down. May have been his imagination. He got a bit of dementia now so I doubt I will hear the stories Saturday. Sad really.

My Dad's 83 he was there himself, saw him today forgot to ask him if he's going Saturday, I'm not nor my Lad as I'am working my Brother's going though I think.

FA Cup Quarter Finals on 06:16 - Mar 13 with 2189 viewsclloy2

FA Cup Quarter Finals on 21:21 - Mar 12 by max936

My Dad's 83 he was there himself, saw him today forgot to ask him if he's going Saturday, I'm not nor my Lad as I'am working my Brother's going though I think.

I was 3 at the time so can't remember that, although like many, my grandfather and his friends went up to Villa Park, and remember him telling me about the state of the pitch and the game should never have been played. I recall him saying we had beaten Preston home and away that season quite easily, and were the vastly superior footballing side and were favourites to win, however the terrible pitch was a leveller for PNE. I also recall their second goal was a bit of a freak and should never have happened. Wasn't it hoofed down the field from almost the centre circle and went straight over keepers head. Looking forward to Sat, it's a shame we will be a bit short on numbers with Ayew missing and others cup tied. Has it sold out, I'm amazed by the number of ST holders I know, who aren't going but instead will watch it on the box. I've not bothered going up til now. But this is the quarter final after all, I thought this would have been a big draw.
FA Cup Quarter Finals on 06:39 - Mar 13 with 2169 viewsBrynmill_Jack

FA Cup Quarter Finals on 21:17 - Mar 12 by globus10

The strange thing with dementia though is he will still remember the game and the day. It's the things that happened yesterday or half an hour ago which are easily forgotten/don't stick. It's like having a full up computer memory that can't store any more info.

It's a terrible thing. My grandfather couldn't remember what he did five minutes ago or who I was sometimes but he'd go into great detail about his days in his first job - minding the Bettws drift pit ponies at 14.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

FA Cup Quarter Finals on 09:07 - Mar 13 with 2026 viewsDafydd

The only game I missed in the 1963-64 run was the one against Barrow. My Dad had a Ford Anglia which we travelled in with an uncle. No motorways in those days! I have recollections of arriving in the Potteries and the striking smell of the local bituminous coal burning to heat the houses. I also remember Stan Mathews playing in one of the games - the Vetch replay I think. Ronnie Moran’s penalty miss at Anfield is clear in my mind as well as being upset at the loss at Villa Park in a game that should have been postponed.

That semi final team - apart from Noel Dwyer, Eddie Thomas and Jimmy McLaughlin were all local boys.

No, I shall not be at the Spurs game and for what it’s worth, have not been inside The Liberty Stadium since The Betrayal. Neither will I until the venture capitalists have gone, along with those that have let us diwn so badly.
FA Cup Quarter Finals on 11:28 - Mar 13 with 1939 viewsSTID2017

FA Cup Quarter Finals on 09:07 - Mar 13 by Dafydd

The only game I missed in the 1963-64 run was the one against Barrow. My Dad had a Ford Anglia which we travelled in with an uncle. No motorways in those days! I have recollections of arriving in the Potteries and the striking smell of the local bituminous coal burning to heat the houses. I also remember Stan Mathews playing in one of the games - the Vetch replay I think. Ronnie Moran’s penalty miss at Anfield is clear in my mind as well as being upset at the loss at Villa Park in a game that should have been postponed.

That semi final team - apart from Noel Dwyer, Eddie Thomas and Jimmy McLaughlin were all local boys.

No, I shall not be at the Spurs game and for what it’s worth, have not been inside The Liberty Stadium since The Betrayal. Neither will I until the venture capitalists have gone, along with those that have let us diwn so badly.

The Stoke Replay was by all accounts when Sir Stanley scored his last ever FA Cup goal.
I believe his first was against us as well !

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

FA Cup Quarter Finals on 11:50 - Mar 13 with 1912 viewsunion_jack

FA Cup Quarter Finals on 06:16 - Mar 13 by clloy2

I was 3 at the time so can't remember that, although like many, my grandfather and his friends went up to Villa Park, and remember him telling me about the state of the pitch and the game should never have been played. I recall him saying we had beaten Preston home and away that season quite easily, and were the vastly superior footballing side and were favourites to win, however the terrible pitch was a leveller for PNE. I also recall their second goal was a bit of a freak and should never have happened. Wasn't it hoofed down the field from almost the centre circle and went straight over keepers head. Looking forward to Sat, it's a shame we will be a bit short on numbers with Ayew missing and others cup tied. Has it sold out, I'm amazed by the number of ST holders I know, who aren't going but instead will watch it on the box. I've not bothered going up til now. But this is the quarter final after all, I thought this would have been a big draw.

This is the semi final on Pathé News.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024