Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman 18:07 - Nov 14 with 45461 viewsDarran

Deserves its own thread.

A Statement From Phil Sumbler Re: Supporters Trust 14th Nov 2017 18:00
It is with a heavy heart that I announce that I have stood down from my position as Chair of the Swans Trust. 0

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 18:08 - Nov 14 with 8285 viewsDarran

It’s a very sad day.

Thank you for everything you’ve done Phil and may I take this opportunity to wish you all the very best for the future.

Your friend Darran.
XXX

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 18:08 - Nov 14 with 8284 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Does he say why?
Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 18:15 - Nov 14 with 8208 viewsDarran

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 18:08 - Nov 14 by A_Fans_Dad

Does he say why?

Read it.

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 18:20 - Nov 14 with 8138 viewsDan_Swan

Phil,

Thank you for all of your efforts over the years with the Trust. I am hopeful that it has not had an effect on a personal level.

I've done various committee stints and know from experience its a thankless task. I wish you all the very best for the future!

Still following Dr's orders!

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 18:21 - Nov 14 with 8125 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

I appreciate the time he put in.

It is quite astonishing that a bunch of relative nobodies on an internet forum and I am sure some others who read the statement accompanying the voting papers could see that this situation was going to occur, where the deal would not go ahead smoothly and the people who betrayed them before would try and screw them over again.

Why people at The Trust couldn't see this or decided it was an appropriate risk to take when they tried to influence the vote towards their intended result us disgraceful.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 18:22 - Nov 14 with 8110 viewsVetchfielder

I'm struggling to come up with the right words for this.

I admit to being a bit of an emotional softy but that statement literally brought a tear to my eye.

Top bloke, brilliant Chairman , and principled enough to resign when it looks like the rest aren't on the same page.

I'll say what I said to Matt. I didn't agree with your stance on the litigation/share sale vote but still voted for you and would do so again.

A bad day for us all Phil.

YJB

Proud to have been one of the 231

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 18:23 - Nov 14 with 8086 viewslonglostjack

Nerdy comment but time to merge the threads Mods

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 18:24 - Nov 14 with 8073 viewsairedale

Thank you very much Phil, for your precious time and commitment.
Login to get fewer ads

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 18:24 - Nov 14 with 8060 viewstrampie

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 18:08 - Nov 14 by Darran

It’s a very sad day.

Thank you for everything you’ve done Phil and may I take this opportunity to wish you all the very best for the future.

Your friend Darran.
XXX

How unusual to see XXX in such a post.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 18:25 - Nov 14 with 8042 viewsMattG

I wasn't on the Board for long but it was clear just how much time and energy Phil put into his role. He will be sorely missed.
Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 18:27 - Nov 14 with 8016 viewsDarran

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 18:25 - Nov 14 by MattG

I wasn't on the Board for long but it was clear just how much time and energy Phil put into his role. He will be sorely missed.

Well said Matt.

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 18:28 - Nov 14 with 7993 viewsLandore_Jack

So the Club continue to shaft the Trust by changing the deal.
[Post edited 14 Nov 2017 18:33]

#backtojack

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 18:30 - Nov 14 with 7942 viewsDarran

A man of integrity.

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 18:34 - Nov 14 with 7862 viewsOldjack

Quote ..Since the deal was approved by an overwhelming majority we have worked to try and pull that deal through to fruition. However, some of the detail provided has placed me in a position where it is not a deal that I — as a Trust member — am comfortable with and it is my personal belief that it placed the Trust in a positon where the working relationship with the majority owners had broken down

So basically they've moved the goal posts ,and trying to stitch up the trust yet again .
Sadly you and the rest of the Trust were always on a loser with those rats at the helm .

All the best Phil

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 18:36 - Nov 14 with 7833 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 18:34 - Nov 14 by Oldjack

Quote ..Since the deal was approved by an overwhelming majority we have worked to try and pull that deal through to fruition. However, some of the detail provided has placed me in a position where it is not a deal that I — as a Trust member — am comfortable with and it is my personal belief that it placed the Trust in a positon where the working relationship with the majority owners had broken down

So basically they've moved the goal posts ,and trying to stitch up the trust yet again .
Sadly you and the rest of the Trust were always on a loser with those rats at the helm .

All the best Phil

Correct, Alan, and it appears some are willing to let them shift the goalposts and haven't had the decency to inform their members about the change in the deal. If there's any truth to this, you have to start comparing their behaviour to the that of the sellouts when the initial betrayal happened.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 18:37 - Nov 14 with 7836 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 18:28 - Nov 14 by Landore_Jack

So the Club continue to shaft the Trust by changing the deal.
[Post edited 14 Nov 2017 18:33]

In which case the Trust has to go back to the membership surely?

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 18:37 - Nov 14 with 7827 viewsNeathJack

Thank you for all your hard work Phil and your principled stance.

Now serious questions need to be asked of what direction the remaining board members are steering the Trust in given that it has resulted in both Phil and Matt feeling they had no option to resign.

I see that Trust Statement says:

"Discussions are continuing on the detailed aspects of the deal and whilst these have highlighted some areas of concern, the majority view of your Trust Board is that we should continue these discussions with a view to finalising the detail as soon as possible. As discussions are ongoing between our respective legal teams it is not possible to give more detail at this point. However we do feel there remains scope to agree a way forward and believe that matters will be progressed quickly, but if any of the terms of the final offer differ from the detail as previously provided for the members consultation, then we will conduct a further consultation with you, our members."

Sorry but, "it is not possible to give more detail at this point" is not good enough.
Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 18:40 - Nov 14 with 7770 viewslonglostjack

If as it appears, they've moved the goalposts, the Trust Board has to ballot their members again. As perverse as it might sound - now is the time to join the Trust and call for a vote. I'll be renewing tonight and will be bloody making my feelings felt.
[Post edited 14 Nov 2017 18:41]

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 18:40 - Nov 14 with 7765 viewsItchySphincter

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 18:36 - Nov 14 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Correct, Alan, and it appears some are willing to let them shift the goalposts and haven't had the decency to inform their members about the change in the deal. If there's any truth to this, you have to start comparing their behaviour to the that of the sellouts when the initial betrayal happened.

Over to Andrew Godden again then.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 18:41 - Nov 14 with 7754 viewsLandore_Jack

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 18:37 - Nov 14 by Joe_bradshaw

In which case the Trust has to go back to the membership surely?

Yep, why arent the members being consulted? I am sure many would change their minds since it is not the deal they voted for.

#backtojack

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 18:42 - Nov 14 with 7736 viewsAguycalledJack

What’s to discuss?

When we had the vote to sell shares it appeared that terms had been agreed hence the vote.

What’s changed?

Interesting that this happens the week Kaplan flew in.
Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 18:50 - Nov 14 with 7583 viewsdonkonky

Thank you Phil for representing the Trust with such dignity and honesty. Just wish I could say the same about the low life who you had to deal with. They will never be a Jack.
Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 18:50 - Nov 14 with 7579 viewsMattG

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 18:40 - Nov 14 by longlostjack

If as it appears, they've moved the goalposts, the Trust Board has to ballot their members again. As perverse as it might sound - now is the time to join the Trust and call for a vote. I'll be renewing tonight and will be bloody making my feelings felt.
[Post edited 14 Nov 2017 18:41]

For what it's worth, I endorse this post.
Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 18:51 - Nov 14 with 7559 viewsWatchman

Thank you Phil amazing job and make sure you enjoy the time with your family
and EGM has to be called if not then people will know all they need to know about why the Trust 'advised' 'shoehorned' membership into voting one way

Money corrupts and empty greedy people leech off the club on and off the field
[Post edited 14 Nov 2017 18:53]

I am but a dot, but a dot that can cause an earthquake
Blog: Ignorance is not Bliss but it sure is Funny

Phil Sumbler Resigns as Trust Chairman on 18:52 - Nov 14 with 7548 viewsjackportis

so What happens to this site?

Jackportis the brand. “A gifted poster”, “planet swans have a real talent on their hands in the name of Jackportis” sky sports 2018. . JP fully supports posters of LBG, mx orientation and ethnic minority groups. Update - now fully supporting the pansexual community.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024