Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
closing down shots 20:36 - Mar 18 with 4621 viewsbringbacklaudrup

Say what you want about Ashley Williams, but he was one of the few players at Swans in recent years willing to close down shots. I think only Van der Hoorn now has the willingness to do this nowadays.

<a href=" https://ibb.co/eEfCfH"> src=" https://preview.ibb.co/kdkdLH/Dier_shoots_while_Ki_wimps_out.jpg" alt="Dier_shoots_while_Ki_wimps_out" border="0"></a>

Look at how Ki isn't even willing to put a leg remotely close to the imaginary line between the ball and the goal.

Dean Saunders points out the same here:

What happened to players like Vidic, whose courage justified their salaries? Why can't Swans get anyone but pansies these days?
[Post edited 18 Mar 2018 20:46]

Poll: Would you rather have Woods or Chirivella?

closing down shots on 20:41 - Mar 18 with 4599 viewsPozuelosSideys

One of the best bits of business Jenkins ever did.

- Bring him in for 300k
- Pay off a lower amount of the remaining contract clauses to Stockport when they were desparate for money
- Sell him to a PL rival for good money just as he was on the slide. (We had all of AW's best years)

Big nose has fhucked up royally a few times. This was his best work.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

closing down shots on 21:09 - Mar 18 with 4517 viewsHighjack

Alfie's not afraid to throw himself in front of shots either.

Backoff Bartley is just not good enough in those situations. He's probably brilliant in the championship which is more direct, heading crosses away and blocking the ball coming in the box but when the ball is in front of him on the floor and it's played past him or over him he's useless.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

closing down shots on 21:15 - Mar 18 with 4490 viewsdickythorpe

Ashley was superb at blocking.
closing down shots on 21:23 - Mar 18 with 4480 viewsDarran

closing down shots on 21:15 - Mar 18 by dickythorpe

One of the greatest players ever to play for us Dick.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

closing down shots on 21:36 - Mar 18 with 4444 viewsswanaway

Garry Monk wasn't bad at it either.
closing down shots on 21:46 - Mar 18 with 4414 viewsHighjack

It should be second nature to any defender.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

closing down shots on 21:51 - Mar 18 with 4399 viewsswanforthemoney

Looking at the top photo, Ki's leg would have to be about 7 foot long to get it to the imaginary line between the ball and the goal.

If you photoshopped the ball out of the picture, we could have had a go at 'spot the ball', like they used to have in the papers years ago. You get a picture like that and they when the ball position is revealed the next week, they show it under Tammy's left arm.

BTW Dier's body position is really crap for that shot. Roy Race's soccer school would put him right. You need your knee over the ball if I remember rightly.

I stand in the North Stand

closing down shots on 21:55 - Mar 18 with 4389 viewsDarran

I can’t watch that video if Saunders is in it but what’s the reference to Vidic got to do with anything?

Login to get fewer ads

closing down shots on 22:38 - Mar 18 with 4312 viewsBanosswan

closing down shots on 21:55 - Mar 18 by Darran

I can’t watch that video if Saunders is in it but what’s the reference to Vidic got to do with anything?

Balls out defenders you minge

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

closing down shots on 22:56 - Mar 18 with 4278 viewsDarran

closing down shots on 22:38 - Mar 18 by Banosswan

Balls out defenders you minge

Oh right I see.

closing down shots on 00:50 - Mar 19 with 4210 viewsMorristonmike

Turning away from the ball to... Seen a lot of that.
Don't want a ball in your face? Stop playing bastard football pussys
closing down shots on 03:45 - Mar 19 with 4159 viewsbringbacklaudrup

closing down shots on 21:51 - Mar 18 by swanforthemoney

Looking at the top photo, Ki's leg would have to be about 7 foot long to get it to the imaginary line between the ball and the goal.

If you photoshopped the ball out of the picture, we could have had a go at 'spot the ball', like they used to have in the papers years ago. You get a picture like that and they when the ball position is revealed the next week, they show it under Tammy's left arm.

BTW Dier's body position is really crap for that shot. Roy Race's soccer school would put him right. You need your knee over the ball if I remember rightly.

Ki started to close him down half-heartedly and an then proceeded to back away already when he saw that Dier was getting ready to shoot, so this would be way he would need to be "7 foot long". The fact that he is turning his head so far away when he isn't even close to being in front of the ball, would seem to indicate that he's very afraid of the ball. Why not just trust your instincts and move only when necessary?

Poll: Would you rather have Woods or Chirivella?

closing down shots on 07:00 - Mar 19 with 4060 viewssP7qupUf

closing down shots on 21:15 - Mar 18 by dickythorpe

Especially with his hands.
closing down shots on 09:27 - Mar 19 with 3932 viewsBrynmill_Jack

closing down shots on 07:00 - Mar 19 by sP7qupUf

Especially with his hands.

True

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

closing down shots on 09:31 - Mar 19 with 3932 viewsLeonWasGod

Don't know how things are now, but at the half way point of the season Alfie was up near the top in terms of the number of blocks. He's more than happy to through his body on the line in the way Ash used to.

Our two defensive midfielders were terrible on Sat. Look at the second goal too and Carroll's powderpuff effort to put a challenge in - laughable really. We're much better with King in there and Ki being able to play a bit further forward.
closing down shots on 13:22 - Mar 19 with 3779 viewsgiantstoneater

Our midfield was gutless and offered little protection to our defence Ki was worse than all of them he had two slightly underhit passes out to him but he made no effort whatsoever.to make that ball his. North Korea must have been shaking in their boots when Ki declared that he and Son they would be Proud to fight for their country, I was thinking of a paper bag on Saturday. Let's hope the team puts up more of a fight we have a tough run of games coming up.
closing down shots on 15:43 - Mar 19 with 3703 viewsshandyjack

saturday was the first time under Carlos a player had scored from outside the box against us wasn't it?
Pretty sure the OP wasn't slating the players against Huddersfield when they put everything on the line and were blocking everything they could.
It was one of those games where we gave the oppo too much space and they had the quality to finish the long range chances off.

Poll: Expectation for the season

closing down shots on 15:54 - Mar 19 with 3698 viewsOldjack

It's rare to see players confronting shots head on theses days ,it's something to do with spoiling their hair or make-up ,i heard ,Shanks would turn in his grave if he only knew

Take one for the team you fuking pussies!

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

closing down shots on 03:16 - Mar 22 with 3448 viewstaylorsmade

closing down shots on 15:54 - Mar 19 by Oldjack

It's rare to see players confronting shots head on theses days ,it's something to do with spoiling their hair or make-up ,i heard ,Shanks would turn in his grave if he only knew

Take one for the team you fuking pussies!

Totally agree Clukas is also a ball dodging coward.
closing down shots on 11:51 - Mar 22 with 3369 viewsJango

closing down shots on 09:31 - Mar 19 by LeonWasGod

Don't know how things are now, but at the half way point of the season Alfie was up near the top in terms of the number of blocks. He's more than happy to through his body on the line in the way Ash used to.

Our two defensive midfielders were terrible on Sat. Look at the second goal too and Carroll's powderpuff effort to put a challenge in - laughable really. We're much better with King in there and Ki being able to play a bit further forward.

I personally think Mawsons biggest weakness is his reluctance to really get stuck in and let the the striker know he’s there. It shows with such a low number of yellow cards for a centre half. Obviously there’s a plus side to defender not diving in and getting booked but I like the no nonsense centre half personally.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024