Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tv pundits ensure Ayew ending off 07:54 - Mar 11 with 8927 viewsswan65split

I am sure comments made by tv pundits in our live cup game regarding Ayew had an influence on the officials.
Also is Oliver a Newc fan?

Tv pundits ensure Ayew ending off on 07:57 - Mar 11 with 4189 viewsSTID2017

What ?
The only ones who had any influence were Ayew, the Huddersfield player and the fourth official.
Next you'll be saying it's because we are Welsh ...

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Tv pundits ensure Ayew ending off on 08:08 - Mar 11 with 4134 viewsE20Jack

I don't understand the whole debate over it. It's clear.

Ayew loses the ball. Ayew lunges to regain it. Ayew as a result catches the player below his knee with his studs up in a challenge that did not appear to be controlled and with sufficient force to endanger the player.

It is a red card every single day of the week. I cannot envisage a scenario where any ref would produce anything other than a red.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Tv pundits ensure Ayew ending off on 08:13 - Mar 11 with 4120 viewsSTID2017

Tv pundits ensure Ayew ending off on 08:08 - Mar 11 by E20Jack

Ayew loses the ball. Ayew lunges to regain it. Ayew as a result catches the player below his knee with his studs up in a challenge that did not appear to be controlled and with sufficient force to endanger the player.

It is a red card every single day of the week. I cannot envisage a scenario where any ref would produce anything other than a red.

Sadly I agree - the only thing I would add is that their player should have gone too.
Not to mention the one who hacked down Ki.
That said, Mawson was lucky his tackle didn't connect with their player's legs
[Post edited 11 Mar 2018 8:14]

Tv pundits ensure Ayew ending off on 08:16 - Mar 11 with 4089 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Tv pundits ensure Ayew ending off on 08:13 - Mar 11 by STID2017

Sadly I agree - the only thing I would add is that their player should have gone too.

I'm gutted. We would have had a good chance of rolling Spurs over with Jordan present. I've become rather pessimistic about the game now

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Tv pundits ensure Ayew ending off on 08:25 - Mar 11 with 4064 viewsSTID2017

Tv pundits ensure Ayew ending off on 08:16 - Mar 11 by Brynmill_Jack

I'm gutted. We would have had a good chance of rolling Spurs over with Jordan present. I've become rather pessimistic about the game now

TBH, as much as I'd love us to progress to only our third FA Cup Semi Final in our history (and as I was only three when we should have beaten Preston in 1964, the first in my living memory), I am much more gutted about losing Ayew for two league games.
The other players need to step up and make sure we get something at Old Trafford and West Brom

Tv pundits ensure Ayew ending off on 08:31 - Mar 11 with 4016 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Tv pundits ensure Ayew ending off on 08:25 - Mar 11 by STID2017

TBH, as much as I'd love us to progress to only our third FA Cup Semi Final in our history (and as I was only three when we should have beaten Preston in 1964, the first in my living memory), I am much more gutted about losing Ayew for two league games.
The other players need to step up and make sure we get something at Old Trafford and West Brom

Yes of course and I'd rather he wasn't sent off as well. However I think we will be safe with a little bit to spare so the FA cup for us has really become a good opportunity for us. I've never seen the Swans in the quarters (born in 67) and I'm right up for this now!

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Tv pundits ensure Ayew ending off on 08:31 - Mar 11 with 4014 viewssainthelens

Tv pundits ensure Ayew ending off on 08:16 - Mar 11 by Brynmill_Jack

C,Mon BJ, keep the faith. Since Carlos came in he's got us through games where defeat was seemingly inevitable. I honestly think if he wants extra time then we'll get it...and then who knows. The confidence and self belief now running through that squad after yesterday must now be off the scale. Deep down I guess Spurs will find a way through, but then again we've witnessed a sporting miracle since he arrived....it's a free hit....we may just pull this off.
Tv pundits ensure Ayew ending off on 08:34 - Mar 11 with 4008 viewsShonky

The ref had an ear piece linked to the Soccer Saturday studio. True story.

Its just a ride...

Login to get fewer ads

Tv pundits ensure Ayew ending off on 08:36 - Mar 11 with 3991 viewsSTID2017

Tv pundits ensure Ayew ending off on 08:31 - Mar 11 by Brynmill_Jack

Yes of course and I'd rather he wasn't sent off as well. However I think we will be safe with a little bit to spare so the FA cup for us has really become a good opportunity for us. I've never seen the Swans in the quarters (born in 67) and I'm right up for this now!

Although I was alive in 1964, all I have had to rely on were grainy bits of newsreel highlights, various written accounts and my family and their friends reminiscences of the games from that cup run.
So to see it in the flesh (although if we do get through to a Semi Final I'm away so I'd miss it) would be something special.

Tv pundits ensure Ayew ending off on 08:38 - Mar 11 with 3981 viewsCooperman

The middle paragraph is how it was seen at the time and how any review panel will see it.

End of. Three game ban. Move on and plan not having him around.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Tv pundits ensure Ayew ending off on 09:01 - Mar 11 with 3869 viewsWarwickHunt

Tv pundits ensure Ayew ending off on 08:34 - Mar 11 by Shonky

The ref had an ear piece linked to the Soccer Saturday studio. True story.

Innit. Priceless...
Tv pundits ensure Ayew ending off on 09:11 - Mar 11 with 3818 viewsE20Jack

Tv pundits ensure Ayew ending off on 08:38 - Mar 11 by Cooperman

The middle paragraph is how it was seen at the time and how any review panel will see it.

The second after the challenge I immediately thought about how we will set up for the rest of the game down to ten. It didn't even cross my mind for a second that he wouldn't be sent off, I was amazed when I logged on here to see the debate rumble on.

I can only assume some moron masquerading as a TV panel expert somewhere must have said it wasn't - and the lemmings followed suit.

Tv pundits ensure Ayew ending off on 09:19 - Mar 11 with 3767 viewsjack2jack

Just watched it again on MOTD, I had my SCFC hat on, when I posted last night, I think the ref got in right, but how the Hudds player didn't get booked I confusing, don't think it'll get overturned, big miss for us.
Tv pundits ensure Ayew ending off on 09:20 - Mar 11 with 3768 viewsFireboy2

Tv pundits ensure Ayew ending off on 09:11 - Mar 11 by E20Jack

The second after the challenge I immediately thought about how we will set up for the rest of the game down to ten. It didn't even cross my mind for a second that he wouldn't be sent off, I was amazed when I logged on here to see the debate rumble on.

I can only assume some moron masquerading as a TV panel expert somewhere must have said it wasn't - and the lemmings followed suit.

Well said chris
Tv pundits ensure Ayew ending off on 09:25 - Mar 11 with 3718 viewsmagicdaps10

Ayew deserved red.

The debate is, should the Huddersfield player been sent off also......for me it is a big yes.

Just because the ref failed us on not sending Hogg off does not mean that the red card for Ayew should be wiped out.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Tv pundits ensure Ayew ending off on 09:53 - Mar 11 with 3627 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Tv pundits ensure Ayew ending off on 09:25 - Mar 11 by magicdaps10

Ayew deserved red.

The debate is, should the Huddersfield player been sent off also......for me it is a big yes.

Just because the ref failed us on not sending Hogg off does not mean that the red card for Ayew should be wiped out.

Are you talking about Hogg, or the player that committed an almost identical foul on Ki?
Tv pundits ensure Ayew ending off on 10:11 - Mar 11 with 3539 viewsE20Jack

Tv pundits ensure Ayew ending off on 09:53 - Mar 11 by A_Fans_Dad

Are you talking about Hogg, or the player that committed an almost identical foul on Ki?

It wasn't identical. There was very little force

Tv pundits ensure Ayew ending off on 10:23 - Mar 11 with 3490 viewsmagicdaps10

Tv pundits ensure Ayew ending off on 09:53 - Mar 11 by A_Fans_Dad

Im talking about Hogg

BUT

The challenge in the second half was also a red.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Tv pundits ensure Ayew ending off on 11:28 - Mar 11 with 3338 viewsJoshTheJack

Tv pundits ensure Ayew ending off on 10:23 - Mar 11 by magicdaps10

Im talking about Hogg

BUT

The challenge in the second half was also a red.

He had ample time to pull out and didn't,Our players faces when the yellow comes out says it all.
Tv pundits ensure Ayew ending off on 12:50 - Mar 11 with 3124 viewsthornabyswan

Tv pundits ensure Ayew ending off on 08:38 - Mar 11 by Cooperman

Will they get a retrospective ban the player who did Ki had a yellow so he can't get one.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Tv pundits ensure Ayew ending off on 13:13 - Mar 11 with 3079 viewstheloneranger

It will be interesting to see what ex ref Dermot Gallagher says on Sky Sports News tomorrow, when he analyses the weekend controversial decisions.

It's on approx 11.30am

He was a horrible ref who gave us f*ck all!!

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Tv pundits ensure Ayew ending off on 13:15 - Mar 11 with 3077 viewsswan65split

yes your right again now F O
Tv pundits ensure Ayew ending off on 13:15 - Mar 11 with 3074 viewsswan65split

Tv pundits ensure Ayew ending off on 08:13 - Mar 11 by STID2017

Correct on all 3
Tv pundits ensure Ayew ending off on 13:19 - Mar 11 with 3059 viewsswan65split

Tv pundits ensure Ayew ending off on 07:57 - Mar 11 by STID2017

What ?
The only ones who had any influence were Ayew, the Huddersfield player and the fourth official.
Next you'll be saying it's because we are Welsh ...

In the Sheff wed game they highlighted several challenges by ayew, and one comment was something like "hes got away with it again"

Tackle yesterday in my opinion both were high, (only seen it once) but if Ayew went so should the other one.

probably be told by Phil Mitch later I ma wrong again.
[Post edited 11 Mar 2018 13:20]
Tv pundits ensure Ayew ending off on 13:29 - Mar 11 with 3013 viewsdickythorpe

The game has gone soft.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024