Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hoof Ball in the Premier League 09:22 - May 17 with 3789 viewsjackjackjackjack

It may not be what the fans want, but the teams with the highest (Burnley), and second highest (Everton), amount of long balls last season finished 7th and 8th, so it certainly beats passing aimlessly around the midfield, if you actually want to stay in the league.

Poll: Where will we finish in the Championship ?

Hoof Ball in the Premier League on 09:28 - May 17 with 3763 viewsLeonWasGod

Depends how they're used though. We were hoofing aimlessly up to a non-existed number 9 for half the season. That's very different to a long pass.
Hoof Ball in the Premier League on 09:31 - May 17 with 3752 viewsmoonie

I'm no statistician but I ll wager Burnley fans go into our summer as happier than us.

What was our style. Pass sideways or backwards, freeze in front of goal , avoid tackling in the case of Ki, defenders having fingers up rectum missing vital interceptions all this under utterly inspirational managers .Little goal match action ,if any at all and a complete lack of fire or committment .
Hoof Ball in the Premier League on 09:37 - May 17 with 3729 viewsJoe_bradshaw

A fit Bony would have been worth hoofing the ball towards. Unfortunately a fit Bony is like a nest of Unicorns.

Against Southampton we hoofed countless balls towards the Ayews. They all came straight back...

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Hoof Ball in the Premier League on 09:52 - May 17 with 3677 viewsmoonie

Indeed JB .Maybe our lads are myopic or simply dumb .

Bony, I'm afraid, I reckon will not play for us again as he ll either go to a club stupid enough to buy him and give him shed loads for nowt or simply retire hurt.

I loved the fella at his peak which is now but a distant memory
Hoof Ball in the Premier League on 09:54 - May 17 with 3673 viewsMrSwerve

All this talk about hoofball gets on my nerves. I want the ball to end up in the opposition net as many times as possible, regardless how it gets there.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Hoof Ball in the Premier League on 09:59 - May 17 with 3652 viewsjack247

As others have said, we weren’t even in a position to play hoofball. Jordan and Tammy were our only real options for the whole season. Andre came in late and it doesn’t suit any of them.
Hoof Ball in the Premier League on 10:25 - May 17 with 3564 viewsomarjack

They played sh!t but achieved good/decent results.

We played sh!t and achieved sh!t results.

I won't have it any other way..the "Swansea Way" :)

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

Hoof Ball in the Premier League on 10:26 - May 17 with 3560 viewsJacket

To play hoof ball you need the right players, we don't have them players, simple as. Saying that, our recruitment has been so lackluster, who knows what style does suit the team?! Don't hold Burnley up as any kind of model to follow. Last season was their version of Monk's successful season. They will be back in the mire next season, particularly with the Europa League to contend with.
Login to get fewer ads

Hoof Ball in the Premier League on 10:30 - May 17 with 3547 viewsomarjack

Hoof Ball in the Premier League on 10:26 - May 17 by Jacket

To play hoof ball you need the right players, we don't have them players, simple as. Saying that, our recruitment has been so lackluster, who knows what style does suit the team?! Don't hold Burnley up as any kind of model to follow. Last season was their version of Monk's successful season. They will be back in the mire next season, particularly with the Europa League to contend with.

I agree.

Nicking 1-0 wins will soon turn into 0-0s..then 0-1s...they don't have a somehow lasting success potential (Howe has done clearly better at Bournemouth)

Dyche is not a fraud,but to me he's another Pulis,one of them gets praised all day,the other is considered a cancer to football.

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

Hoof Ball in the Premier League on 11:29 - May 17 with 3448 viewsMo_Wives

Hoof Ball in the Premier League on 09:37 - May 17 by Joe_bradshaw

A fit Bony would have been worth hoofing the ball towards. Unfortunately a fit Bony is like a nest of Unicorns.

Against Southampton we hoofed countless balls towards the Ayews. They all came straight back...

"Unfortunately a fit Bony is like a nest of Unicorns."

Horny?

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Hoof Ball in the Premier League on 19:48 - May 19 with 2927 viewsThe_undecided

Throughout the season as we kept falling closer towards the trapdoor there were many of here criticising Cardiff's style of football, I watched them play a few games towards the end of season that were live on Sky, hoof ball works for them and got them out of the championship, personally I prefer passing football that's nice on the eye but end of the day whatever style it takes to survive is fine by me. There is a place for this style of football even within the premier league if you have the right players and a manager who knows how to get the players to play to this style of football, watching Chelsea this afternoon, pinned back then long ball counter attack, it was similar to what I seen in the last few Cardiff games and it got them results, big players, powerful in the air. As long as you get that ball in the mixer there is always a chance something will come for you, spend 60% possession in your own half passing it about and your not going to win games and instead invite players to attack. But you do need those big players up there if you are going to play the long ball game.
[Post edited 19 May 2018 20:40]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024