Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City owners' message on future investment ... 11:04 - Apr 28 with 4624 viewstheloneranger

"Swansea City owners' message on future investment as club's full accounts are released"

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/swansea-city-owners-m

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Swansea City owners' message on future investment ... on 11:14 - Apr 28 with 3427 viewsWarwickHunt

The dog ate it.
Swansea City owners' message on future investment ... on 11:42 - Apr 28 with 3326 viewstheloneranger

Swansea City owners' message on future investment ... on 11:14 - Apr 28 by WarwickHunt

The dog ate it.

Pinocchio never did any homework

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Swansea City owners' message on future investment ... on 12:03 - Apr 28 with 3249 viewsThrasher6

We employ 409 people...I'm sorry but that is ridiculous...

Poll: Social Distancing: When will it be an obsolete word?

Swansea City owners' message on future investment ... on 12:28 - Apr 28 with 3184 viewsJoe_bradshaw

“Investment”

There’s an interesting word...

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Swansea City owners' message on future investment ... on 12:36 - Apr 28 with 3165 viewsjasper_T

Swansea City owners' message on future investment ... on 12:03 - Apr 28 by Thrasher6

And yet people were up in arms at the idea of redundancies.

It does add up, mind. Think we had around 80 players employed on professional/scholarship contracts alone this season (incl. loans out). Management, coaching and support staff down to u9s level. The matchday staff are on our payroll now as well, I think.
Swansea City owners' message on future investment ... on 12:49 - Apr 28 with 3131 viewsGowerjack

Swansea City owners' message on future investment ... on 12:03 - Apr 28 by Thrasher6

I'm guessing around 300 of that number are stewards turnstile operators etc

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Swansea City owners' message on future investment ... on 12:51 - Apr 28 with 3127 viewsThrasher6

Swansea City owners' message on future investment ... on 12:49 - Apr 28 by Gowerjack

OK fair enough...makes a bit more sense....

Poll: Social Distancing: When will it be an obsolete word?

Swansea City owners' message on future investment ... on 13:00 - Apr 28 with 3099 viewsbuilthjack

Swansea City owners' message on future investment ... on 12:49 - Apr 28 by Gowerjack

Yes, some , like the food kiosk kids, just work 2.5 hours per home game, on minimum wage or less. There's a lot of them.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Login to get fewer ads

Swansea City owners' message on future investment ... on 13:41 - Apr 28 with 3022 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Swansea City owners' message on future investment ... on 13:00 - Apr 28 by builthjack

Yes, some , like the food kiosk kids, just work 2.5 hours per home game, on minimum wage or less. There's a lot of them.

Indeed they do. My mate’s son works for an agency who supply kids for the Liberty, Cardiff City Stadium and the Principality Stadium. He’s worked in all three.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Swansea City owners' message on future investment ... on 14:04 - Apr 28 with 2977 viewsIAN05

Swansea City owners' message on future investment ... on 12:36 - Apr 28 by jasper_T

And yet people were up in arms at the idea of redundancies.

It does add up, mind. Think we had around 80 players employed on professional/scholarship contracts alone this season (incl. loans out). Management, coaching and support staff down to u9s level. The matchday staff are on our payroll now as well, I think.

I think the treatment of those offered redundancies is what has annoyed many. Thank goodness Birch has come in and brought some decency with him.
Swansea City owners' message on future investment ... on 14:13 - Apr 28 with 2945 viewsexiledclaseboy

Swansea City owners' message on future investment ... on 13:00 - Apr 28 by builthjack

They don’t work for the club though, it’s contracted out.

Poll: Tory leader

Swansea City owners' message on future investment ... on 14:16 - Apr 28 with 2925 views34dfgdf54

Swansea City owners' message on future investment ... on 14:04 - Apr 28 by IAN05

I think the treatment of those offered redundancies is what has annoyed many. Thank goodness Birch has come in and brought some decency with him.

Has he?

Not heard a word off him apart from his apparently saying to a few fans yesterday “I’m trying”
Swansea City owners' message on future investment ... on 14:17 - Apr 28 with 2925 viewsjasper_T

Swansea City owners' message on future investment ... on 14:04 - Apr 28 by IAN05

How were they treated? Seemed like most people got annoyed because they thought the whole staff had been laid off with no warning.
Swansea City owners' message on future investment ... on 14:19 - Apr 28 with 2910 viewsmagicdaps10

Swansea City owners' message on future investment ... on 14:17 - Apr 28 by jasper_T

How were they treated? Seemed like most people got annoyed because they thought the whole staff had been laid off with no warning.

How were they treated, do you know?

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Swansea City owners' message on future investment ... on 14:33 - Apr 28 with 2870 viewsjasper_T

Swansea City owners' message on future investment ... on 14:19 - Apr 28 by magicdaps10

How were they treated, do you know?

They all got a form letter announcing that there will be a period of redundancies and inviting input and offering voluntary redundancies, but beyond that I don't know, that's why I asked. Maybe some people had their desks cleared out when they went on lunch break? Same special agents that poisoned Mcburnie and locked Narsingh in a cupboard all season could have been up to all sorts.
Swansea City owners' message on future investment ... on 17:13 - Apr 28 with 2670 viewsBadlands

After seeing the original letter informing staff redundancies were needed, before Birch, I haven't seen anything else.

What has happened and what was on offer?

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Swansea City owners' message on future investment ... on 21:16 - Apr 28 with 2415 viewsIAN05

Swansea City owners' message on future investment ... on 17:13 - Apr 28 by Badlands

After seeing the original letter informing staff redundancies were needed, before Birch, I haven't seen anything else.

What has happened and what was on offer?

Initially staff finding out from other staff members, unwillingness from anyone to answer questions or even meet with those affected. Looking for any technicality possible to offer a lower settlement to the point where some staff have decided to leave out of principle.
Swansea City owners' message on future investment ... on 21:22 - Apr 28 with 2389 viewsjasper_T

Swansea City owners' message on future investment ... on 21:16 - Apr 28 by IAN05

Initially staff finding out from other staff members, unwillingness from anyone to answer questions or even meet with those affected. Looking for any technicality possible to offer a lower settlement to the point where some staff have decided to leave out of principle.

Who has left?
Swansea City owners' message on future investment ... on 21:29 - Apr 28 with 2358 viewsSwanjaxs

Swansea City owners' message on future investment ... on 21:22 - Apr 28 by jasper_T

Who has left?

Really Jasp... you want names and addresses? ... take the man at his word ffs

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Swansea City owners' message on future investment ... on 21:37 - Apr 28 with 2317 viewsjasper_T

Swansea City owners' message on future investment ... on 21:29 - Apr 28 by Swanjaxs

Really Jasp... you want names and addresses? ... take the man at his word ffs

Just some names would be fine, if people have been leaving already.
Swansea City owners' message on future investment ... on 21:47 - Apr 28 with 2279 viewsIAN05

Swansea City owners' message on future investment ... on 21:37 - Apr 28 by jasper_T

They haven't worked their last day yet but they have informed club they are leaving and taking the offer even though they may not be one of ones impacted. Principle of how they saw friends treated when people were laid off earlier in season and way this has been done. Wouldn't be right to share the names of people on here - nor would there be much point to it .
Swansea City owners' message on future investment ... on 21:50 - Apr 28 with 2264 viewsSwanjaxs

Swansea City owners' message on future investment ... on 21:37 - Apr 28 by jasper_T

Fair enough mate, thing is I know it to be true, a very good friend of mine left two weeks ago with her head held high, went without a penny after 8 years service she's got a couple of irons in the fire you'll be glad to know... I could pm you her name if you want? ... not

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Swansea City owners' message on future investment ... on 21:55 - Apr 28 with 2239 viewsUxbridge

Swansea City owners' message on future investment ... on 21:47 - Apr 28 by IAN05

They haven't worked their last day yet but they have informed club they are leaving and taking the offer even though they may not be one of ones impacted. Principle of how they saw friends treated when people were laid off earlier in season and way this has been done. Wouldn't be right to share the names of people on here - nor would there be much point to it .

That is disappointing to hear that is the view on the ground, so to speak. I've been through a few of these rounds myself and it's never easy but acting with decency makes so much difference, not least to future morale. If Birch has improved matters in that regard then that's quite positive to hear.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Swansea City owners' message on future investment ... on 22:11 - Apr 28 with 2180 viewsIAN05

Swansea City owners' message on future investment ... on 21:55 - Apr 28 by Uxbridge

That is disappointing to hear that is the view on the ground, so to speak. I've been through a few of these rounds myself and it's never easy but acting with decency makes so much difference, not least to future morale. If Birch has improved matters in that regard then that's quite positive to hear.

There are a few I know in the process and no doubt it is more painful as it's a club they love. All have said that here has been a big improvement in the club since Birch has come in so there is some positive there.
Swansea City owners' message on future investment ... on 22:53 - Apr 28 with 2064 views34dfgdf54

Swansea City owners' message on future investment ... on 22:11 - Apr 28 by IAN05

There are a few I know in the process and no doubt it is more painful as it's a club they love. All have said that here has been a big improvement in the club since Birch has come in so there is some positive there.

Ah that’s good to hear about Birch.

I noticed the club secretary is also leaving, been in the role 19 years, they’ve made a fuss out of her at the event tonight.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024