Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Moon Seon-min - Korean international who played for Potter 04:46 - Jun 27 with 3876 viewsbringbacklaudrup

I wonder whether any of you who watched the match between Korea and Mexico noticed number 18, Moon Seon-min, who played for Potter at Östersunds FK for several years and won Player of the Year honours with him before his transfer to Stockholm-based Djurgården before returning to Korea due to the fact that he wanted to spend some more time with his parents as he is an only child.

He played on the right wing of Korea's 4-4-2. He's got good industry, a bit of guile, can score goals, has excellent vision, makes clever and timely runs into space, and can stop counterattacks. Korea made sure they got him the ball to begin their counterattacks against Mexico, so many fans say that it was a magnificent World Cup debut. Of course the 33 degree temperatures were not conducive to seeing what he can do in average Premier League conditions, but he worked his socks off. Here is a video clip of him:

What do you think of him?

By the way, I'm a Korean who's been following Swansea for several years. And in case you're thinking I'm another one of those kiisgod sorts of fans, I must adamantly declare that I never rated Ki Sung-yong, while admiring Lee Young-pyo and a player named Seo Jungwon above any other Korean player. I only rate players with very high level of workrate. And this is why I love Moon, as he has a lot of the same tenacity that Park Ji-sung showed. My favorite player is Arjen Robben and my favorite Swansea player of all time is Michu. My current favorite Swansea player is Van der Hoorn.

I am based in Canada where I'm doing doctoral studies at the moment. I look forward to interesting discussions with all of you. I am especially interested in the fitness and conditioning aspect of elite football and of sports in general. I have a background in athletics and learned firsthand about elite training methods in athletics.

Anyway, it would be interesting to hear whether and how you would see Moon fitting into the Swansea side if Potter brought him in.
[Post edited 27 Jun 2018 4:53]

Poll: Would you rather have Woods or Chirivella?

Moon Seon-min - Korean international who played for Potter on 07:16 - Jun 27 with 3789 viewsmagicdaps10

Potter rates him from what I have just read.

Would be cheap enough and wouldnt be on big wages. He would probably take the same wage as Gorre was on.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Moon Seon-min - Korean international who played for Potter on 09:02 - Jun 27 with 3672 viewsnantywatcher

Thanks for that and the best of luck with your studies.
Moon Seon-min - Korean international who played for Potter on 14:08 - Jun 27 with 3475 viewsJackBaston

Yeah i was impressed with him and our commentators were in the Mexico match, i've been watching the world cup closely looking at some players who have been performing well and wondering if we're gonna snag 1 or 2, maybe this will be one

And with regards to Ki he has all the skill in the world but his attitude is disgusting, I had an interview with a South Korean Tv outfit a year or so back and they were asking me how much we love Ki and is he our best player, to which I said no, don't know if it ever made their programme :P had to say something like love Korea in korean after that though so who knows :P
Moon Seon-min - Korean international who played for Potter on 15:47 - Jun 27 with 3356 viewsDyfnant

Is he #18 ?

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Moon Seon-min - Korean international who played for Potter on 19:17 - Jun 27 with 3252 viewsbringbacklaudrup

Moon Seon-min - Korean international who played for Potter on 15:47 - Jun 27 by Dyfnant

Is he #18 ?

Yes. Again the busiest Korean player, but he got a lot of soft fouls called against him. Defended well and did plenty of running, but some of his passes didn't come off. Korea had a very defensive lineup that they never used before, and there wasn't enough movement by the other offensive players, so I think is why he had an underwhelming performance going forward.

Moon Seon-min - Korean international who played for Potter on 00:26 - Jun 28 with 3113 viewsomarjack

Greetings.

It goes without saying that's the kind of players we need. Young,cheap,hungry to prove themselves at a higher level. Although I can't say if Moon will be a good fit..

Deals like these could be an enormous risk of course,maybe not financially but in terms of quality in the squad. What works in the Korean league might very much fail in England.

But if Potter wants him then I hope we get him. I'd trust his opinion a hundred times before considering what f*ckface Jenkins thinks.

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

Moon Seon-min - Korean international who played for Potter on 01:58 - Jun 29 with 2927 viewsYoungGun

I thought he didn't want to play in Europe 'coz he gets homesick.
Moon Seon-min - Korean international who played for Potter on 08:36 - Jun 29 with 2866 viewsomarjack

Moon Seon-min - Korean international who played for Potter on 01:58 - Jun 29 by YoungGun

Well..can't blame him, Japan and South Korea are some of the best,most advanced places with a great mix of traditions and modernity.

Login to get fewer ads

Moon Seon-min - Korean international who played for Potter on 08:57 - Jun 29 with 2842 viewsbringbacklaudrup

Moon Seon-min - Korean international who played for Potter on 01:58 - Jun 29 by YoungGun

After 5 years of living in the Swedish wilderness and then suddenly moving to Stockholm, maybe he just needed to reconnect with familiar faces for a while. I think he'll be back in Europe soon.

Moon Seon-min - Korean international who played for Potter on 09:05 - Jun 29 with 2824 viewsomarjack

The thing is..it's impossible to give a proper assessment of players through videos alone. Because it's not clear what kind of gap there is between the Championship and the K League in term of quality.

His pace,technique and attitude is superb all around. But will it really look so at a championship level? Or does he look great because of the lack of quality of those around him?

I admit I haven't seen any of S.Korea's WC matches. So that's another perfect scouting opportunity wasted.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024