Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Bendy Busses 19:04 - Jun 12 with 2617 viewsJackfath

Why weren't they sold to recoup some of the money?

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/local-news/graveyard-swanseas-sorry-looking-f

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

The Bendy Busses on 19:09 - Jun 12 with 2608 viewsAguycalledJack

Because unlike our lot other local authorities realised their crap.
The Bendy Busses on 19:13 - Jun 12 with 2590 viewsFlashberryjack

The Bendy Busses on 19:09 - Jun 12 by AguycalledJack

Because unlike our lot other local authorities realised their crap.

This.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

The Bendy Busses on 19:18 - Jun 12 with 2576 viewsexiledclaseboy

Only one “s” in buses.

Poll: Tory leader

The Bendy Busses on 19:27 - Jun 12 with 2552 viewshobo

Could easily sell them to other countries. Budapest uses the same kind of vehicle as public transportation to get from the airport to the city
The Bendy Busses on 19:48 - Jun 12 with 2509 viewsItchySphincter

The Bendy Busses on 19:27 - Jun 12 by hobo

Could easily sell them to other countries. Budapest uses the same kind of vehicle as public transportation to get from the airport to the city

They drive on the wrong side of the road, plus they have been sold apparently.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

The Bendy Busses on 20:04 - Jun 12 with 2480 viewsgrabsplatter

They have been sold, it confirms it in the news story???
The Bendy Busses on 20:05 - Jun 12 with 2478 viewsJackfath

The Bendy Busses on 19:18 - Jun 12 by exiledclaseboy

Only one “s” in buses.

Correct!

Why then, do you let the very next poster get away with it?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

The Bendy Busses on 20:05 - Jun 12 with 2477 viewswaynekerr55

If my memory serves me correctly they were brought in around the time London were scrapping them.

The chaos that ensued in town no doubt helped further decay and decline of the city centre

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Login to get fewer ads

The Bendy Busses on 20:06 - Jun 12 with 2475 viewsexiledclaseboy

The Bendy Busses on 20:05 - Jun 12 by Jackfath

Correct!

Why then, do you let the very next poster get away with it?

Get away with what? Ah. The incorrect “their”.

I only like to help my friends out.
[Post edited 12 Jun 2018 20:07]

The Bendy Busses on 20:14 - Jun 12 with 2457 viewsBrother_Ben

Bendy buses sent from London to Malta taken off their roads after three burst into flames

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/transport/bendy-buses-sent-from-london-to-malta-
The Bendy Busses on 20:34 - Jun 12 with 2427 viewsPrivate_Partz

So they haven't gone there to die. They have been sold. Still it's another chance for WOL to take the p!ss. Such a shame they don't use their investigative journalism on more difficult and important subjects like taking the Council and WAG to task.
On this occasion we have not helped ourselves by giving the b@stards the material to work with.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

The Bendy Busses on 20:39 - Jun 12 with 2421 viewsDr_Winston

The concept of the bendy buses was fine. The idea of a bus service linking hospital to hospital was a good idea. You can certainly quibble with the millions spent changing the roads to suit them when double deckers would have done the job just as well.

The nonsense about the Kingsway being just that was absurd though. There was nothing wrong with the road layout there. Most people learn to look both ways before crossing the road when they're kids.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

The Bendy Busses on 21:13 - Jun 12 with 2365 viewsjack2jack

The private number plates on them were probably worth more than the buses!
The whole scheme was doomed to failure from the start.But let's not rake up the whys and wherefores, it's been done, it failed, but I think a lot of folk knew it would.
The Bendy Busses on 21:40 - Jun 12 with 2329 viewsexhmrc1

The Bendy Busses on 20:39 - Jun 12 by Dr_Winston

The concept of the bendy buses was fine. The idea of a bus service linking hospital to hospital was a good idea. You can certainly quibble with the millions spent changing the roads to suit them when double deckers would have done the job just as well.

The nonsense about the Kingsway being just that was absurd though. There was nothing wrong with the road layout there. Most people learn to look both ways before crossing the road when they're kids.

The problem with the bendy bus wasn't the road system it was that they were so uneconomic to run. One of the pilots tod me years before they were removed they only did 2 miles to the gallon.
The Bendy Busses on 21:49 - Jun 12 with 2309 viewsDr_Winston

The Bendy Busses on 21:40 - Jun 12 by exhmrc1

The problem with the bendy bus wasn't the road system it was that they were so uneconomic to run. One of the pilots tod me years before they were removed they only did 2 miles to the gallon.

Heard similar.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

The Bendy Busses on 21:54 - Jun 12 with 2297 viewsLeonWasGod

That won’t load for me - WOL is so full of advert crap these days I don’t even bother on my old phone.

Presumably it’s talking about them being stashed in an old yard just rotting away and all smashed up by vandals? The driver of one of the new match buses being put on was telling me about them a couple of months back. What a waste, and that’s probably less than the half of it when you count how much the road restructuring cost, the resulting loss of businesses along the Kingsway, especially up by the Dragon, and the loss of life because the road system was so unintuitive. Someone should be held to account for such a misuse of public funds.

Apparently they were a good age when we bought them, so can’t imagine anyone would want them anyway.
The Bendy Busses on 21:58 - Jun 12 with 2288 viewsNeathJack

The Bendy Busses on 19:18 - Jun 12 by exiledclaseboy

Only one “s” in buses.

No there isn't.
The Bendy Busses on 22:03 - Jun 12 with 2283 viewsItchySphincter

The Bendy Busses on 21:58 - Jun 12 by NeathJack

No there isn't.

HOT DANG!!!!!!!!!!

A f*ck up of Oldjack proportions!

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

The Bendy Busses on 22:07 - Jun 12 with 2266 viewsexiledclaseboy

No there isn't.

Ha. Fair play. Point.

The Bendy Busses on 22:25 - Jun 12 with 2232 viewsbuilthjack

A friend of a friend has bought one. Apparently going to turn it into a diner.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

The Bendy Busses on 00:38 - Jun 13 with 2176 viewsDJack

The Bendy Busses on 22:25 - Jun 12 by builthjack

A friend of a friend has bought one. Apparently going to turn it into a diner.

What the extra s in buses or a bendy bus?

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

The Bendy Busses on 08:31 - Jun 13 with 2094 viewsswanforthemoney

It cost 10 million to change the road network to accommodate them. Now it’s costing 10 million to change them back again.
Very sad to see money flushed away like this.

I stand in the North Stand

The Bendy Busses on 09:17 - Jun 13 with 2076 viewsfelixstowe_jack

No there isn't.

Two S not three.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

The Bendy Busses on 13:33 - Jun 13 with 2010 viewsTheFranchise

The Bendy Busses on 08:31 - Jun 13 by swanforthemoney

It cost 10 million to change the road network to accommodate them. Now it’s costing 10 million to change them back again.
Very sad to see money flushed away like this.

Rumour has it that Huw Jenkins was on the planning committee.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024