Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The sticky as a sticky thing ... SCFC signings thread. 09:39 - Jul 1 with 3507 viewsLoyal

It's the first day of July, training starts in a few days so the new manager will soon be saying things like ' assessing the squad' This will ensure further delays in signing players.
However, prove me wrong.
[Post edited 1 Jul 2018 10:26]

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

July signings thread. on 09:47 - Jul 1 with 2948 viewsPrivate_Partz

I think this thread should be a Sticky with the 'July' bit dropped.
After the radio silence we have heard plenty about those leaving and the influx of Harry and his team.
Diddly squat unfortunately on the essential factor of players coming in.
I hope the thread does not remain empty until we end up with a few panic buys / loans as the window closes.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

July signings thread. on 10:00 - Jul 1 with 2917 viewsomarjack

The Realistic transfer thread covers June,July and August how about that :)

The opening post of the thread will constantly be edited,from Speculation into facts as we roll on.

Anyway to make a tiny update:(Senior players only)

Incomings:

-umm..

TOTAL:The length of Huw's private parts.

Outgoings:

-Lukasz Fabianski:7 £ (West Ham)
-Roque Mesa:5.5 £ (Sevilla)
-Ki Sung Yueng: free (Newcastle)
-Angel Rangel: free (unknown)
-Leon Britton: free (retired)

TOTAL:12.5 £

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

July signings thread. on 10:04 - Jul 1 with 2903 viewsParsSwans

Montero will be back in training too his team in Ecuador could not extend his loan just seen this on Twitter....interesting
July signings thread. on 10:08 - Jul 1 with 2886 viewsthornabyswan

July signings thread. on 10:04 - Jul 1 by ParsSwans

Montero will be back in training too his team in Ecuador could not extend his loan just seen this on Twitter....interesting

Would do very well in the Championship if he could stay fit.
But is always Crocked unfortunately.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

July signings thread. on 10:11 - Jul 1 with 2876 viewsthornabyswan

July signings thread. on 10:00 - Jul 1 by omarjack

The opening post of the thread will constantly be edited,from Speculation into facts as we roll on.

Incomings:

-umm..

Outgoings:

Not meaning to be pedantic but the loan players were part of last season's squad as well.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

July signings thread. on 10:18 - Jul 1 with 2850 viewsomarjack

July signings thread. on 10:11 - Jul 1 by thornabyswan

Not meaning to be pedantic but the loan players were part of last season's squad as well.

Well it's bloody obvious they'll be going. No need to spoonfeed every info.

July signings thread. on 10:22 - Jul 1 with 2829 viewsomarjack

July signings thread. on 10:04 - Jul 1 by ParsSwans

I'd rather let Montero for free than giving him a senior spot in the squad with no replacement. As we all know he'll be on clutches (figure speaking) for most of the season..Getafe and the Ecuadorians couldn't get a thing out of him. It's disastrous to keep him imo..Not even as 4th choice winger as he'd be taking wages we could use on new signings.

Contract cancellation by mutual consent is the way to go. He seems a nice lad,not a dirty mercenary that accepts payment without performing. At least I hope so.

The sticky as a sticky thing ... signings thread. (n/t) on 10:25 - Jul 1 with 2815 viewsLoyal

* updated *
[Post edited 1 Jul 2018 10:27]

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.

Login to get fewer ads

July signings thread. on 10:29 - Jul 1 with 2788 viewsjack_lord

July signings thread. on 10:18 - Jul 1 by omarjack

Well it's bloody obvious they'll be going. No need to spoonfeed every info.

In the same way the players at the end of their contracts?

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

July signings thread. on 11:02 - Jul 1 with 2687 viewsomarjack

July signings thread. on 10:29 - Jul 1 by jack_lord

In the same way the players at the end of their contracts?

Contracts could be renewed of course. Ki would have probably stayed if we survived. I just pointed out that he refused a deal with us and left on a freebie.
[Post edited 1 Jul 2018 11:02]

The sticky as a sticky thing ... SCFC signings thread. on 11:32 - Jul 1 with 2624 viewsAl_Bundy

Cabaye released by Palace. Wonder if he would drop to the Championship
The sticky as a sticky thing ... SCFC signings thread. on 11:58 - Jul 1 with 2580 viewsomarjack

The sticky as a sticky thing ... SCFC signings thread. on 11:32 - Jul 1 by Al_Bundy

Cabaye released by Palace. Wonder if he would drop to the Championship

He was pocketing 60-80 k/week. Although he's available for free,It's hard for Championship clubs to match those wages.

I would say he'd be moving to some other league (Italy,Spain,France etc).

The sticky as a sticky thing ... SCFC signings thread. on 12:02 - Jul 1 with 2567 views34dfgdf54

Jordi from Real Madrid apparently being confirmed today. Pre Contract signed a few weeks back but couldn’t be announced until July 1st, wonder if there are any others?
The sticky as a sticky thing ... SCFC signings thread. on 12:04 - Jul 1 with 2561 viewsomarjack

The sticky as a sticky thing ... SCFC signings thread. on 12:02 - Jul 1 by 34dfgdf54

Jordi from Real Madrid apparently being confirmed today. Pre Contract signed a few weeks back but couldn’t be announced until July 1st, wonder if there are any others?

Does anybody knows if he has potential to join the senior squad immediately? Because if not, then that's not much to get excited about.

We already have a big academy filled with players that will never amount to anything other than perhaps being squad players in bottom League One clubs. If he can't cut it at least as a decent championship back-up already. Then f*ck that..

Same for Dhanda by the way..He's either a reliable senior squad back-up or we should just have stuck to the academy players we have.
[Post edited 1 Jul 2018 12:09]

The sticky as a sticky thing ... SCFC signings thread. on 12:22 - Jul 1 with 2522 views34dfgdf54

The sticky as a sticky thing ... SCFC signings thread. on 12:04 - Jul 1 by omarjack

Does anybody knows if he has potential to join the senior squad immediately? Because if not, then that's not much to get excited about.

We already have a big academy filled with players that will never amount to anything other than perhaps being squad players in bottom League One clubs. If he can't cut it at least as a decent championship back-up already. Then f*ck that..

Same for Dhanda by the way..He's either a reliable senior squad back-up or we should just have stuck to the academy players we have.
[Post edited 1 Jul 2018 12:09]

Both will be in the squad I think. I have never seen either play, but Jordi is apparently is seen as somewhat of a coup for us. I personally thought Ollson was poor last year for the majority so I’d like to see if he can work his way in.
The sticky as a sticky thing ... SCFC signings thread. on 12:36 - Jul 1 with 2485 viewsomarjack

The sticky as a sticky thing ... SCFC signings thread. on 12:22 - Jul 1 by 34dfgdf54

Both will be in the squad I think. I have never seen either play, but Jordi is apparently is seen as somewhat of a coup for us. I personally thought Ollson was poor last year for the majority so I’d like to see if he can work his way in.

Olsson was poor I agree,but will he be poor at a Championship level? not likely imo..It's just, age is starting to catch up to him (31 next year) ..So obviously having a decent reliable back up is a positive (although Clucas and Sema if we get him can play in the position as well)

The sticky as a sticky thing ... SCFC signings thread. on 13:43 - Jul 1 with 2421 views34dfgdf54

The sticky as a sticky thing ... SCFC signings thread. on 12:36 - Jul 1 by omarjack

Olsson was poor I agree,but will he be poor at a Championship level? not likely imo..It's just, age is starting to catch up to him (31 next year) ..So obviously having a decent reliable back up is a positive (although Clucas and Sema if we get him can play in the position as well)

I’m personally not to keen on having a £16mill left back in Championship. He needs to perform in midfield next year, we’re looking low on quality in central midfield and he needs to start repaying some of that transfer fee.

The next 7 days is key, if we don’t get any quality through the door, then I’ll begin to worry about our prospects next season.
The sticky as a sticky thing ... SCFC signings thread. on 15:15 - Jul 1 with 2344 viewsLeonWasGod

The sticky as a sticky thing ... SCFC signings thread. on 13:43 - Jul 1 by 34dfgdf54

I’m personally not to keen on having a £16mill left back in Championship. He needs to perform in midfield next year, we’re looking low on quality in central midfield and he needs to start repaying some of that transfer fee.

The next 7 days is key, if we don’t get any quality through the door, then I’ll begin to worry about our prospects next season.

7 days? No chance. Prepare to begin worrying.

Can't remember the last time we bought quality either, even with a PL transferred budget. Get ready for some unknowns and hope Potter can assemble them into a solid team.
The sticky as a sticky thing ... SCFC signings thread. on 15:40 - Jul 1 with 2304 viewsjasper_T

We've got a left back coming in so one creative attacking player that fits Potter's style and we're set fine to January.
The sticky as a sticky thing ... SCFC signings thread. on 04:42 - Jul 5 with 2073 viewsLoyal

Still no signings. Lack of investment v Lazy fckrs who got us relegated.

The sticky as a sticky thing ... SCFC signings thread. on 08:28 - Jul 5 with 1977 viewsomarjack

The sticky as a sticky thing ... SCFC signings thread. on 04:42 - Jul 5 by Loyal

Still no signings. Lack of investment v Lazy fckrs who got us relegated.

But..But..We're identifying targets..so clubs that are bigger than us can swoop in..

Bye Sema. maybe if you flop at Watford they'll loan you out to us in January. yay..

The sticky as a sticky thing ... SCFC signings thread. on 12:29 - Jul 5 with 1895 viewsLoyal

The sticky as a sticky thing ... SCFC signings thread. on 08:28 - Jul 5 by omarjack

But..But..We're identifying targets..so clubs that are bigger than us can swoop in..

Bye Sema. maybe if you flop at Watford they'll loan you out to us in January. yay..

The 2 million loan offer from Besiktas for Bony 😅
Clearly indicates the appalling situation we are in when we respond asking for 6 million for a transfer move. Shocking administration

The sticky as a sticky thing ... SCFC signings thread. on 12:34 - Jul 5 with 1882 viewsomarjack

The sticky as a sticky thing ... SCFC signings thread. on 12:29 - Jul 5 by Loyal

The 2 million loan offer from Besiktas for Bony 😅
Clearly indicates the appalling situation we are in when we respond asking for 6 million for a transfer move. Shocking administration

Well..6 m for Bony is as good as we can possibly get (It's actually 5 m in gbp)

July signings thread. on 13:03 - Jul 5 with 1841 viewsHuwJackBastard

July signings thread. on 10:00 - Jul 1 by omarjack

Incomings:

-umm..

Outgoings:

call me stupid but we have just sacked our 'recruitment team'.. what are you expecting us to do? Panic buy like last year?

id rather it take some time, so we can bring in the RIGHT players!!
July signings thread. on 13:09 - Jul 5 with 1821 viewsJoe_bradshaw

July signings thread. on 13:03 - Jul 5 by HuwJackBastard

call me stupid but we have just sacked our 'recruitment team'.. what are you expecting us to do? Panic buy like last year?

id rather it take some time, so we can bring in the RIGHT players!!

The signs are that we will end up panic buying like last year.

Why did it take 6 weeks after relegation to sack the recruitment team?

We are told that we are now going about recruiting the new recruitment team. Who is recruiting the recruitment team? That’s a concern.

We kick off in 30 days. The window closes in 35 days...

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024