Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cardiff next season, 09:38 - Jun 13 with 8203 viewsomarjack

Sour grapes, green-eyed etc etc..maybe a little..but..

Everybody knows,including Cardiff fans that they're going straight back where they belong.

It seems like their recruitment policy will be woeful. With that other Murphy (his twin flopped at Newcastle as expected) joining for a record 10 m deal, And Warnock saying Murphy was his transfer target number one. It only shows a serious lack of ambition and scouting that is embarrassing. Unless a player like him was meant as nothing more than a squad player which is not likely.

And now they're linked with some constantly injured Preston LB (Cunningham) who can barely cut it in the Championship let alone the PL.

Their squad is even poorer than Huddersfield's..with even worse recruitment. And probably they'll spend even less. And Hudds got Wagner who is a top manager. Unlike hoofball Warnock.

Unless they have some serious transfer business under their sleeve. Unless 3 teams other than them perform woefully. They're already practically down.

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

Cardiff next season, on 09:45 - Jun 13 with 5301 viewsThornburyswan

Not so sure personally with 3 semi-established clubs coming down last season it leaves a larger than usual 'weak' group in the bottom half, so sensible buys plus a decent start could give them a shot at 17th - not overly interested to be honest, helpful that MOTD can be watched in a more relaxed fashion next season.
Cardiff next season, on 09:51 - Jun 13 with 5269 viewsSTID2017

No interest in what happens with Cardiff or in the PL TBH.
We have enough problems of our own to sort out.
I'm sure Darran has a phrase that would sum it up more succinctly ...

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Cardiff next season, on 11:34 - Jun 13 with 5116 viewsbyron

I love posts like this, beautiful. I recall similar ones last August saying there was absolutely no chance of us swapping places....just giving.com. If only I’d added you going down to my preseason bet, I’d have got even better odds than 25/1 for us to go up....😂😂
[Post edited 13 Jun 2018 11:35]

Benny

Cardiff next season, on 11:36 - Jun 13 with 5111 viewsomarjack

Cardiff next season, on 11:34 - Jun 13 by byron

I love posts like this, beautiful. I recall similar ones last August saying there was absolutely no chance of us swapping places....just giving.com. If only I’d added you going down to my preseason bet, I’d have got even better odds than 25/1 for us to go up....😂😂

Certainly many have said similar things back in August but I wasn't one of them.

Now tbh I thought we were staying up until the Southampton disaster happened. But never doubted Cardiff's possible promotion.

And mind you, I'm not taking the p!ss here or anything. After all most of us would swap places in a second if we could. And it's ok to admit that. I'm just stating an opinion about our neighbours.
[Post edited 13 Jun 2018 11:38]

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

Cardiff next season, on 11:51 - Jun 13 with 5057 viewsItchySphincter

With Colin W@nker in charge they will stay up comfortably.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Cardiff next season, on 12:12 - Jun 13 with 5018 viewsjack247

Cardiff next season, on 11:51 - Jun 13 by ItchySphincter

I can see that too.

Expect them to grind out enough dour 0-0s and 1-0s to stay up. They’ll be a more committed version of us last season.
Cardiff next season, on 12:37 - Jun 13 with 4956 viewspencoedjack

Cardiff next season, on 11:51 - Jun 13 by ItchySphincter

No chance ....

He will be sacked by Xmas a very good championship manager but his footballing style has been proven not to work in the top flight.

Anyway they should embrace being the whipping boys in the top flight for the 2nd time since 1961
Cardiff next season, on 12:47 - Jun 13 with 4901 viewsNeath_Jack

Some will need counselling next year when:

Scumbags have a great season.
We don't go straight back up.
We sell our best players and replace them with players like Cotterill.
Potter get's the sack by Xmas.
Huw comes out and says he's staying here indefinitely.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Login to get fewer ads

Cardiff next season, on 12:53 - Jun 13 with 4878 viewsScotia

Colin has said himself he can't cut it at PL level. It may have been on talk sport so not able to link but he has definitely said it.
Cardiff next season, on 12:54 - Jun 13 with 4868 viewsjack247

Cardiff next season, on 12:37 - Jun 13 by pencoedjack

No chance ....

He will be sacked by Xmas a very good championship manager but his footballing style has been proven not to work in the top flight.

Anyway they should embrace being the whipping boys in the top flight for the 2nd time since 1961

Hopefully
Cardiff next season, on 12:58 - Jun 13 with 4859 viewsJacket

It's a given that they'll struggle until Warnock is fired, but Huddersfield and Brighton were pretty dire, Fulham will also struggle, Watford could continue in their crap form. How long can Bournemouth keep things up and ahughes has a lot of work to do at Southampton, so there is scope for them to stay up if they make the right appointment after the inevitable sacking of Warnock some time before the half way stage. Their biggest worry apart from Warnock being out of his depth is that Tan will take an interest in what they're doing, which could spell trouble for them.
Cardiff next season, on 13:05 - Jun 13 with 4827 viewsJacket

Cardiff next season, on 12:58 - Jun 13 by Jacket

It's a given that they'll struggle until Warnock is fired, but Huddersfield and Brighton were pretty dire, Fulham will also struggle, Watford could continue in their crap form. How long can Bournemouth keep things up and ahughes has a lot of work to do at Southampton, so there is scope for them to stay up if they make the right appointment after the inevitable sacking of Warnock some time before the half way stage. Their biggest worry apart from Warnock being out of his depth is that Tan will take an interest in what they're doing, which could spell trouble for them.

Also don't underestimate how carp Burnley could be - pretty dire after Chrimbo and also have the Europa to contend with and also the fact they'll stick with Dyche even if it all goes titts up.
Cardiff next season, on 13:11 - Jun 13 with 4809 viewstaffpunk

Looking forward to the season, got no idea if the players we buy will be good enough to keep us up. Never heard of the guy from Norwich, or the fella from Preston.

I'll just enjoy it for what it is, if we come back down so be it, be nice to see some quality players in front of decent crowds. I'm taking my NHS Pension in Sept, so will have spare cash to actually go to away games, though probably won't get tickets for the ones I want.
[Post edited 13 Jun 2018 13:18]

Second Time Around Record Shop-Tonypandy, RCT-Open Friday and Saturday. Valley Leaflets-Reliable Leaflet Distribution throughout South Wales.

Cardiff next season, on 13:27 - Jun 13 with 4752 viewspencoedjack

Cardiff next season, on 13:11 - Jun 13 by taffpunk

Looking forward to the season, got no idea if the players we buy will be good enough to keep us up. Never heard of the guy from Norwich, or the fella from Preston.

I'll just enjoy it for what it is, if we come back down so be it, be nice to see some quality players in front of decent crowds. I'm taking my NHS Pension in Sept, so will have spare cash to actually go to away games, though probably won't get tickets for the ones I want.
[Post edited 13 Jun 2018 13:18]

You are a Bassey ( along with a few in Pencoed ) I hope enjoys the season abliet it ends in relegation
Cardiff next season, on 13:29 - Jun 13 with 4742 viewssainthelens

Cardiff next season, on 12:47 - Jun 13 by Neath_Jack

Some will need counselling next year when:

Scumbags have a great season.
We don't go straight back up.
We sell our best players and replace them with players like Cotterill.
Potter get's the sack by Xmas.
Huw comes out and says he's staying here indefinitely.

You need to go out and get some sun.
Cardiff next season, on 13:44 - Jun 13 with 4711 viewsHuwJackBastard

How can you say that when theyve done what they did last season on a shoe string? Credit where credit is due..plus we shouldnt really be commenting on recruitment until ours is sorted...because thats a shambles!
Cardiff next season, on 13:48 - Jun 13 with 4691 viewsNeath_Jack

Cardiff next season, on 13:29 - Jun 13 by sainthelens

You need to go out and get some sun.

Why? What has getting sun got to do with anything?

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.

Cardiff next season, on 13:52 - Jun 13 with 4681 viewsProfessor

They did incredibly well to go up but their squad is as weak as Huddersfield's last year who hit it lucky I that three clubs managed to implode. Wolves have enough cash to do OK and Fulham look to be a developing team. If I were to predict it would be Huddersfield, Cardiff and Bournemouth to go down. But they may just dog it out. Won't be pretty either way. Hope they enjoy it. I did not enjoy the constant battle to stay up and the increasingly poor football over the last 3-4 years. They are more likely to go down than we are to go up I think
Cardiff next season, on 13:55 - Jun 13 with 4672 viewssainthelens

Cardiff next season, on 13:48 - Jun 13 by Neath_Jack

Why? What has getting sun got to do with anything?

Lighten up precious.
Cardiff next season, on 13:58 - Jun 13 with 4659 viewsNeath_Jack

Cardiff next season, on 13:55 - Jun 13 by sainthelens

Lighten up precious.

Oh aye, I forgot you were one of those posters.

As you were 👍🏻

Cardiff next season, on 14:46 - Jun 13 with 4584 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Was that around the time you were constantly lying about being a Jack on here?

That told us everything we need to know about you.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Cardiff next season, on 14:51 - Jun 13 with 4573 viewsjack247

Weren’t you saying the same thing a few weeks before the end of the season?
Cardiff next season, on 15:16 - Jun 13 with 4502 viewslifelong

It will be an interesting season for them, watched a few of their games last season, not a pretty sight but very effective, Warnock has made them a difficult side to beat..I reckon they’ll stay up.
Cardiff next season, on 15:31 - Jun 13 with 4472 viewsjeza739

Cardiff next season, on 13:52 - Jun 13 by Professor

They did incredibly well to go up but their squad is as weak as Huddersfield's last year who hit it lucky I that three clubs managed to implode. Wolves have enough cash to do OK and Fulham look to be a developing team. If I were to predict it would be Huddersfield, Cardiff and Bournemouth to go down. But they may just dog it out. Won't be pretty either way. Hope they enjoy it. I did not enjoy the constant battle to stay up and the increasingly poor football over the last 3-4 years. They are more likely to go down than we are to go up I think

Cant disagree with any of that though not sure about Bournemouth though no doubt it'll be their turn one day.
Cardiff next season, on 16:51 - Jun 13 with 4361 viewsProfessor

Cardiff next season, on 15:31 - Jun 13 by jeza739

Cant disagree with any of that though not sure about Bournemouth though no doubt it'll be their turn one day.

Well there is a top 7 and everyone else seems to get their turn. If you last the first two seasons , you seem to get 5-10 years. Everyone says Fulham/Bolton/Villa/Blackburn/ Newcastle/West Ham/ WBA/Soton/Sunderland/Stoke/Swansea have become part of PL fixtures when the PL spits you out. Figure it must be Bournemouth or Soton this year
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024