Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Damning Opinion! Swansea City Supporters Trust! 17:28 - Dec 7 with 16506 viewsWingstandwood

Quote: Mr Rees, who is strongly opposed to the share sale, said: “I am doing this because I, along with many fans, are worried for the future of the Trust and the club as well.

“I am very disappointed in the way both are conducting themselves, and that is why it is very important that the sale of shares does not go through.

“The Trust no longer, constitutionally and legally, has the right to sell any shares, should they continue to do so the consequences for the trust board would be immense.

“As soon as the Trust chair and vice chair resigned all Trust business had to stop immediately.

“I am very concerned as to what the motive is for continuing to push to sell the shares? We all want answers.”

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/swansea-city-supporters-trust-accuse

Argus!

Damning Opinion! Swansea City Supporters Trust! on 17:37 - Dec 7 with 7714 viewslonglostjack

Well done Mr Gwylim and Mr Rees.
[Post edited 7 Dec 2017 17:40]

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Damning Opinion! Swansea City Supporters Trust! on 17:38 - Dec 7 with 7701 viewsDarran

Yes fine no problem.

What I don’t understand though is why the EP can write about that but not write about things the Trust have said about the sale.
Things like Huw asking and writing to have the SHA ripped up,things like the Americans saying in a Forum they were told to keep it all hush hush by Huw Jenkins and Leigh Dineen.
Very strange.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Damning Opinion! Swansea City Supporters Trust! on 17:41 - Dec 7 with 7694 viewslonglostjack

Damning Opinion! Swansea City Supporters Trust! on 17:38 - Dec 7 by Darran

Yes fine no problem.

What I don’t understand though is why the EP can write about that but not write about things the Trust have said about the sale.
Things like Huw asking and writing to have the SHA ripped up,things like the Americans saying in a Forum they were told to keep it all hush hush by Huw Jenkins and Leigh Dineen.
Very strange.

Indeed.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Damning Opinion! Swansea City Supporters Trust! on 17:42 - Dec 7 with 7691 viewslondonlisa2001

Yes fine no problem.

Very strange.

Those things have been reported on Darran.

I remember reading articles by Wathan following Trust meetings on several occasions.
Damning Opinion! Swansea City Supporters Trust! on 17:42 - Dec 7 with 7687 viewsJoshTheJack

Yes fine no problem.

Very strange.

I was just thinking the same it's an absolute joke,Huw etc get more criticism from the English/national press than from our local ones who are supposedly supporters!.
Damning Opinion! Swansea City Supporters Trust! on 17:43 - Dec 7 with 7674 viewsDarran

Damning Opinion! Swansea City Supporters Trust! on 17:42 - Dec 7 by londonlisa2001

Those things have been reported on Darran.

I remember reading articles by Wathan following Trust meetings on several occasions.

Show me some links then because I can’t remember them and this is the Evening Post anyway.

Damning Opinion! Swansea City Supporters Trust! on 17:46 - Dec 7 with 7658 viewsunion_jack

Damning Opinion! Swansea City Supporters Trust! on 17:43 - Dec 7 by Darran

Show me some links then because I can’t remember them and this is the Evening Post anyway.

And even if they had, it's certainly not been reported enough.

The sell-outs should be on home arrest at the moment on fear of leaving the house. And their time at games should be as hostile as it could be.

The press could have engineered that but have done (almost) nothing in that respect.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Damning Opinion! Swansea City Supporters Trust! on 17:53 - Dec 7 with 7617 viewsDarran

Damning Opinion! Swansea City Supporters Trust! on 17:46 - Dec 7 by union_jack

The sell-outs should be on home arrest at the moment on fear of leaving the house. And their time at games should be as hostile as it could be.

The press could have engineered that but have done (almost) nothing in that respect.

Spot on.

Login to get fewer ads

Damning Opinion! Swansea City Supporters Trust! on 17:59 - Dec 7 with 7589 viewslondonlisa2001

Damning Opinion! Swansea City Supporters Trust! on 17:43 - Dec 7 by Darran

Evening Post and Wales online are the same thing aren't they?

There was a big article after the 'Huw Cooze - I'm hurt' meeting. Three days later he was sitting with them in the director's' box at Newcastle wasn't he?

I've no doubt that the local press are in the pockets of the club. No doubt at all. But the Trust didn't push the PR angle either. It's all very well saying that the club or Jenkins or the Americans have done all this stuff, but it's not exactly been backed up by action has it? They've continued to build bridges and negotiate.
Damning Opinion! Swansea City Supporters Trust! on 18:00 - Dec 7 with 7583 viewslondonlisa2001

Damning Opinion! Swansea City Supporters Trust! on 17:46 - Dec 7 by union_jack

The Trust could have engineered that. If they had, the press would have been forced to pick it up. Nationally if not locally. And the local press would then have had to follow suit.
Damning Opinion! Swansea City Supporters Trust! on 18:03 - Dec 7 with 7562 viewsDarran

Damning Opinion! Swansea City Supporters Trust! on 17:59 - Dec 7 by londonlisa2001

Evening Post and Wales online are the same thing aren't they?

There was a big article after the 'Huw Cooze - I'm hurt' meeting. Three days later he was sitting with them in the director's' box at Newcastle wasn't he?

I've no doubt that the local press are in the pockets of the club. No doubt at all. But the Trust didn't push the PR angle either. It's all very well saying that the club or Jenkins or the Americans have done all this stuff, but it's not exactly been backed up by action has it? They've continued to build bridges and negotiate.

No they’re not the same as the print version of the EP stop being silly.
None of what I’ve said has been reported by either anyway so I don’t know WTF you’re talking about.

Damning Opinion! Swansea City Supporters Trust! on 18:05 - Dec 7 with 7561 viewsunion_jack

Damning Opinion! Swansea City Supporters Trust! on 18:00 - Dec 7 by londonlisa2001

The Trust could have engineered that. If they had, the press would have been forced to pick it up. Nationally if not locally. And the local press would then have had to follow suit.

Wouldn't argue with that Lisa other than the Trust have been walking on egg shells for some reason. We all know that's wrong.

The press should be reporting the truth though (yeah I know!) not worrying that they'd not be let through the Liberty doors again.

Look at that article by a north east local rag about Monk. That's what should be happening even if it's only quoting fans rather than offering their own opinion.

Damning Opinion! Swansea City Supporters Trust! on 18:07 - Dec 7 with 7547 viewslondonlisa2001

Damning Opinion! Swansea City Supporters Trust! on 18:03 - Dec 7 by Darran

No they’re not the same as the print version of the EP stop being silly.
None of what I’ve said has been reported by either anyway so I don’t know WTF you’re talking about.

I've no idea what is in the print version.

If stories had been given to the press they would have been reported (nationally if nothing else). Those stories were not given. You know that as well as I do.
Damning Opinion! Swansea City Supporters Trust! on 18:09 - Dec 7 with 7539 viewslondonlisa2001

Damning Opinion! Swansea City Supporters Trust! on 18:05 - Dec 7 by union_jack

Wouldn't argue with that Lisa other than the Trust have been walking on egg shells for some reason. We all know that's wrong.

The press should be reporting the truth though (yeah I know!) not worrying that they'd not be let through the Liberty doors again.

Look at that article by a north east local rag about Monk. That's what should be happening even if it's only quoting fans rather than offering their own opinion.

As I say, the local press are in the club's pocket. You only had to look at the nonsense that said the fans still back Clement after the weekend.

But the agenda could have been pushed nationally (the locals couldn't have ignored it) and wasn't.
Damning Opinion! Swansea City Supporters Trust! on 18:14 - Dec 7 with 7505 viewsDarran

Damning Opinion! Swansea City Supporters Trust! on 18:07 - Dec 7 by londonlisa2001

I've no idea what is in the print version.

If stories had been given to the press they would have been reported (nationally if nothing else). Those stories were not given. You know that as well as I do.

Utter utter nonsense members of the press were at the forums they didn’t need to have anything given to them.
Anyway a few minutes ago you said you’d read them.

Damning Opinion! Swansea City Supporters Trust! on 18:18 - Dec 7 with 7477 viewsunion_jack

Damning Opinion! Swansea City Supporters Trust! on 18:09 - Dec 7 by londonlisa2001

As I say, the local press are in the club's pocket. You only had to look at the nonsense that said the fans still back Clement after the weekend.

But the agenda could have been pushed nationally (the locals couldn't have ignored it) and wasn't.

Yes, agreed.

Damning Opinion! Swansea City Supporters Trust! on 19:09 - Dec 7 with 7305 views34dfgdf54

Yes fine no problem.

Very strange.

It stinks.

My opinion of Wathan and his cronies isn’t far of what I think of Jenkins, Dineen, JVZ and co. When it’ all collapses and it’s left to the Trust, and hopefully the Independent Supporters Group if it takes off to pick up the pieces and rebuild, because it will happen, I wouldn’t have any of the tw*ts at the stadium again.

Let down massively by local media.
Damning Opinion! Swansea City Supporters Trust! on 19:19 - Dec 7 with 7248 viewsDarran

Damning Opinion! Swansea City Supporters Trust! on 19:09 - Dec 7 by 34dfgdf54

It stinks.

My opinion of Wathan and his cronies isn’t far of what I think of Jenkins, Dineen, JVZ and co. When it’ all collapses and it’s left to the Trust, and hopefully the Independent Supporters Group if it takes off to pick up the pieces and rebuild, because it will happen, I wouldn’t have any of the tw*ts at the stadium again.

Let down massively by local media.

From what I was told a couple of months ago by a very good sauce Leigh Dineen hadn’t signed the SHA because a new one was meant to be written up but nobody had got around to it and when I say nobod I’m told that included the Trust too.

Damning Opinion! Swansea City Supporters Trust! on 20:14 - Dec 7 with 7045 viewsE20Jack

Damning Opinion! Swansea City Supporters Trust! on 19:19 - Dec 7 by Darran

From what I was told a couple of months ago by a very good sauce Leigh Dineen hadn’t signed the SHA because a new one was meant to be written up but nobody had got around to it and when I say nobod I’m told that included the Trust too.

So you are saying the Trust board members agreed to a new SHA without consulting its members?

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Damning Opinion! Swansea City Supporters Trust! on 20:23 - Dec 7 with 7013 viewsexiledclaseboy

I pointed out on here a couple of weeks ago that according to its own rules the Trust board should be doing nothing at the moment other than working to fill the vacancies until the board is back to its constitutionally mandated minimum number. They shouldn’t be taking any decisions at all or negotiating with anyone about anything until that happens. Rules is rules.

Poll: Tory leader

Damning Opinion! Swansea City Supporters Trust! on 20:25 - Dec 7 with 6992 viewsE20Jack

Damning Opinion! Swansea City Supporters Trust! on 20:23 - Dec 7 by exiledclaseboy

I pointed out on here a couple of weeks ago that according to its own rules the Trust board should be doing nothing at the moment other than working to fill the vacancies until the board is back to its constitutionally mandated minimum number. They shouldn’t be taking any decisions at all or negotiating with anyone about anything until that happens. Rules is rules.

As we have seen, rules can be - and have been - changed to suit the individuals that have them at their fingertips to be able to manipulate.

Complete and utter farce.

As the OP quotes, it seems awfully sinister and very hard to understand any sort of motive behind those that seem hell bent on forcing this deal through at all costs to the detriment of the club, its supporters and the organisation set up to defend both of the above.

Damning Opinion! Swansea City Supporters Trust! on 20:26 - Dec 7 with 6980 viewsDarran

Damning Opinion! Swansea City Supporters Trust! on 20:14 - Dec 7 by E20Jack

So you are saying the Trust board members agreed to a new SHA without consulting its members?

No I’m not I’m just saying that not every shareholder had signed the SHA and the fact a new one was needed with everyone signing it had been spoken about.
Hence Mr Jenkins solicitor writing to the Trust and not Mr Dineens.

Just something I was told. Nobody had agreed to anything.

Damning Opinion! Swansea City Supporters Trust! on 20:28 - Dec 7 with 6963 views34dfgdf54

Damning Opinion! Swansea City Supporters Trust! on 20:23 - Dec 7 by exiledclaseboy

Did they give you an idea when you’d be hearing back? Apologies if I’ve missed a post in another thread.
Damning Opinion! Swansea City Supporters Trust! on 20:28 - Dec 7 with 6955 viewsE20Jack

Damning Opinion! Swansea City Supporters Trust! on 20:26 - Dec 7 by Darran

No I’m not I’m just saying that not every shareholder had signed the SHA and the fact a new one was needed with everyone signing it had been spoken about.
Hence Mr Jenkins solicitor writing to the Trust and not Mr Dineens.

Just something I was told. Nobody had agreed to anything.

Would be good to get a Trust board member to confirm this. Would explain a lot to be fair.

Damning Opinion! Swansea City Supporters on 20:31 - Dec 7 with 6936 viewsDarran

Damning Opinion! Swansea City Supporters Trust! on 20:28 - Dec 7 by E20Jack

Would be good to get a Trust board member to confirm this. Would explain a lot to be fair.

Well I stated this a few months ago when I was told. It’s common knowledge now to everyone with a brain cell though I understand you not knowing.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024