Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
0.9 average shots on target per game 08:15 - Jul 13 with 3412 viewsbuilthjack

That's worse than us last season. England weren't very good.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

0.9 average shots on target per game on 08:29 - Jul 13 with 2232 viewscmajack

And like us absolute garbage in the final third of the pitch. Kane ,alli and sterling pundits cream their pants over them in the premier league. Woefully short of ideas on the big stage. Alli would never come close to Gascoigne or hoddle.
0.9 average shots on target per game on 08:45 - Jul 13 with 2202 viewspeenemunde

That’s 0.9 more shots that teams that didn’t qualify.
0.9 average shots on target per game on 08:50 - Jul 13 with 2199 viewsomarjack

England were gash. That's a fact.

They had individual talent perhaps. But didn't work out as a team.

Defensively solid enough. But sh!t midfield and incoherent attack. And Southgate is to blame for that.

Semi finals? If they didn't have that easy route they wouldn't even have made it to the Quarters. Same goes for Croatia of course. None were good enough including Colombia,Russia etc of course.

Just..luck.

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

0.9 average shots on target per game on 08:54 - Jul 13 with 2176 viewspeenemunde

0.9 average shots on target per game on 08:50 - Jul 13 by omarjack

Defensively solid enough. But sh!t midfield and incoherent attack. And Southgate is to blame for that.

Semi finals? If they didn't have that easy route they wouldn't even have made it to the Quarters. Same goes for Croatia of course. None were good enough including Colombia,Russia etc of course.

Just..luck.

Ridiculous- that’s equivalent to saying Swansea didn’t deserve to win the league cup in 2013 because we played Bradford in the final.
0.9 average shots on target per game on 08:56 - Jul 13 with 2174 viewsChief

0.9 average shots on target per game on 08:54 - Jul 13 by peenemunde

Ridiculous- that’s equivalent to saying Swansea didn’t deserve to win the league cup in 2013 because we played Bradford in the final.

We beat Liverpool away and Chelsea over 2 legs to get to final you buffoon

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

0.9 average shots on target per game on 08:57 - Jul 13 with 2174 viewsbangorjack

But we beat Liverpool and Chelsea (over two legs) on the way. England beat Panama.
0.9 average shots on target per game on 09:00 - Jul 13 with 2165 viewsomarjack

You beat what's in front of you etc..True.

But..if England had drawn with any of France,Belgium,Brazil,Spain,Portugal,Uruguay in the 16th round..It was very unlikely they'd have reached where they reached. Surely surprises happen. But it'd be a massive shock.

Either way..we'll never know now. Maybe in 4 years they'll prove me wrong.

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

0.9 average shots on target per game on 09:05 - Jul 13 with 2139 viewspeenemunde

0.9 average shots on target per game on 08:56 - Jul 13 by Chief

We beat Liverpool away and Chelsea over 2 legs to get to final you buffoon

That’s true.
But still played Bradford in the final.
The point I’m making is in cup competitions you can only play the teams your drawn against.
Also playing Bradford doesn’t dilute the fact that Swansea won it.
Login to get fewer ads

0.9 average shots on target per game on 09:05 - Jul 13 with 2144 viewsmajorraglan

Not seen any of their games, but I heard one of the pundits saying that 9 of their 12 goals had come from set pieces, which to my mind says a lot about their creativity and style of football. When I heard those stats, rightly or wrongly I immediately thought of the Swans over the last 2seasons, with and without Gylfi S.
0.9 average shots on target per game on 09:10 - Jul 13 with 2107 viewspeenemunde

0.9 average shots on target per game on 09:00 - Jul 13 by omarjack

You beat what's in front of you etc..True.

But..if England had drawn with any of France,Belgium,Brazil,Spain,Portugal,Uruguay in the 16th round..It was very unlikely they'd have reached where they reached. Surely surprises happen. But it'd be a massive shock.

Either way..we'll never know now. Maybe in 4 years they'll prove me wrong.

Yes and if Swansea had played Man City in the 2013 final they probably would have lost.
The fact is Swansea didn’t.
Another fact for you is that England didn’t play France, Brazil in the early rounds.
Is that their fault.
One for fact for you is that the English reached the semifinals.
0.9 average shots on target per game on 09:13 - Jul 13 with 2107 viewsChief

0.9 average shots on target per game on 09:05 - Jul 13 by peenemunde

That’s true.
But still played Bradford in the final.
The point I’m making is in cup competitions you can only play the teams your drawn against.
Also playing Bradford doesn’t dilute the fact that Swansea won it.

Correct it isn't diluted at all mainly because we did actually win it and strengthened by the fact were beat top sides on way to doing so.

England played weak opposition and couldn't even get to the final or even win all the games they'd played up to the semi's.

0.9 average shots on target per game on 10:11 - Jul 13 with 2017 viewsSWANSEYE

Let's face it the games they won were against inferior competition (with respect) but once they came up against anyone capable of playing football they lost both games !!
0.9 average shots on target per game on 10:38 - Jul 13 with 1977 viewsraynor94

0.9 average shots on target per game on 10:11 - Jul 13 by SWANSEYE

Let's face it the games they won were against inferior competition (with respect) but once they came up against anyone capable of playing football they lost both games !!

This is a competition Wales didn't even Qualify for, and from a very favourable group.

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

0.9 average shots on target per game on 10:57 - Jul 13 with 1941 viewsChief

0.9 average shots on target per game on 10:38 - Jul 13 by raynor94

This is a competition Wales didn't even Qualify for, and from a very favourable group.

And of what relevance is this?

Personally I'm under no illusions that Wales aren't great, but not being a glory a hunter I won't revert to supporting others who are currently doing better.

0.9 average shots on target per game on 11:16 - Jul 13 with 1913 viewsraynor94

0.9 average shots on target per game on 10:57 - Jul 13 by Chief

And of what relevance is this?

Personally I'm under no illusions that Wales aren't great, but not being a glory a hunter I won't revert to supporting others who are currently doing better.

Well, the relevance is England won their qualifying group and managed to reach a World cup semi-final, Wales were in group they should have qualified from, but couldn't.

I'm not supporting anybody, but would rather much see one of the home nations do well, it just happens England were the only one's there

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

0.9 average shots on target per game on 11:41 - Jul 13 with 1883 viewsdcd14

This thread has gone off track.

So back to the subject matter.

Considering the teams they did actually play an average of 0.9 if correct is awful...they scored 6 against Panama!
0.9 average shots on target per game on 12:24 - Jul 13 with 1825 viewsLeonWasGod

0.9 average shots on target per game on 11:41 - Jul 13 by dcd14

This thread has gone off track.

So back to the subject matter.

Considering the teams they did actually play an average of 0.9 if correct is awful...they scored 6 against Panama!

Much as I hate to piss on everyone's fires, scoring 12 gaols in 6 games suggests that an average of 0.9 shots on target per game isn't correct.
0.9 average shots on target per game on 12:29 - Jul 13 with 1818 viewsChief

0.9 average shots on target per game on 11:16 - Jul 13 by raynor94

Well, the relevance is England won their qualifying group and managed to reach a World cup semi-final, Wales were in group they should have qualified from, but couldn't.

I'm not supporting anybody, but would rather much see one of the home nations do well, it just happens England were the only one's there

But this threat is reviewing England's performance at the World Cup, so wheres the relevance to Wales?

0.9 average shots on target per game on 12:37 - Jul 13 with 1802 viewsJackSomething

0.9 average shots on target per game on 11:16 - Jul 13 by raynor94

Can we declare it allowable to criticise England's World Cup performances without automatically linking them to Wales' failure to qualify?

I've seen plenty of English fans criticise their team and they don't get responses of well at least we qualified while Wales didn't.

Yes there are some on here who hate England, but there are also plenty who were neutral and have valid criticisms of their performance. Automatically responding to those with jibes against Wales not qualifying just makes you look childish.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

0.9 average shots on target per game on 13:07 - Jul 13 with 1765 viewsJackFish

0.9 average shots on target per game on 12:24 - Jul 13 by LeonWasGod

Much as I hate to piss on everyone's fires, scoring 12 gaols in 6 games suggests that an average of 0.9 shots on target per game isn't correct.

That stat is from open play, no?
0.9 average shots on target per game on 13:41 - Jul 13 with 1716 viewstrampie

0.9 average shots on target per game on 10:38 - Jul 13 by raynor94

It was a very tough group, the 2nd toughest in the European qualifiers in my book when the draw was made.
As the qualifying comp progressed across Europe I thought it was the toughest group.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

0.9 average shots on target per game on 13:46 - Jul 13 with 1711 viewsMrSwerve

0.9 average shots on target per game on 12:37 - Jul 13 by JackSomething

Can we declare it allowable to criticise England's World Cup performances without automatically linking them to Wales' failure to qualify?

I've seen plenty of English fans criticise their team and they don't get responses of well at least we qualified while Wales didn't.

Yes there are some on here who hate England, but there are also plenty who were neutral and have valid criticisms of their performance. Automatically responding to those with jibes against Wales not qualifying just makes you look childish.

England are being critisised heavily because they are our rival, hence the comparison to the Welsh squad. I doubt there's any on the PlanetItaly forum, whereas we're having constant threads. It's natural to look at the criticism from Welsh fans and say, well, what about our team then?

It's like us taking the piss out of Cardiff next season if they finish 12th in the PL and we finish 8th in the Championship.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

0.9 average shots on target per game on 15:29 - Jul 13 with 1647 viewsChief

0.9 average shots on target per game on 13:46 - Jul 13 by MrSwerve

England are being critisised heavily because they are our rival, hence the comparison to the Welsh squad. I doubt there's any on the PlanetItaly forum, whereas we're having constant threads. It's natural to look at the criticism from Welsh fans and say, well, what about our team then?

It's like us taking the piss out of Cardiff next season if they finish 12th in the PL and we finish 8th in the Championship.

I take that point on board.

However the 2 flag of St George toting Quisling's on this thread have been telling us all month there is no rivalry between the Wales and England football teams and fans at all, to the point we've been told that the Castle Gardens was readying itself for hoards of English supporting Welshmen and towns in West Wales with a Welsh speaking heritage had defected en masse....

So something doesn't quite add up does it?

0.9 average shots on target per game on 16:09 - Jul 13 with 1607 viewsgiantstoneater

0.9 average shots on target per game on 08:50 - Jul 13 by omarjack

Just..luck.

I would say that they did play as a team but lacked creativity. Can we now concentrate on the Swans and stop this inane squabbling it's doing my head in.
0.9 average shots on target per game on 16:17 - Jul 13 with 1601 viewsLeonWasGod

0.9 average shots on target per game on 13:07 - Jul 13 by JackFish

That stat is from open play, no?

20 shots on target according to the official FIFA stats, and that will include set pieces (but not pen shootout). No idea where this 0.9 spg figure comes from - made up by little Welshlanders I suspect. Having hardly any shots on goal when your bottom of the league has got nothing to do with having a medium amounts of shots on goal on the way to reaching the semi final of a major tournament.

It's a pointless thread.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024