Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Darren Till Obliterated 17:59 - Sep 9 with 3347 viewsperplex

In Boxing we have many so called world champions from the UK but in reality they have never fought the worlds best, many of them are not even top five that's how farcical the sport of Boxing can be, however the UFC is a different matter, Liverpools Darren Till had been hyped up as something special but to win the title he had no choice but to fight the best, so he fights for the title against the champ Tyron Woodley the outcome was brutal for Till, in the second round he got put down then suffered 2 minutes of nasty of ground and pound before tapping while being chocked out.
Darren Till Obliterated on 18:44 - Sep 9 with 3312 viewstrinityann

Just seen the fight, not watched much of Darren Till before. But how can you go into a world title fight and waste the first round getting a feel for the opponent and not landing anything for five minutes. Second round was brutal after getting caught with punch, but showed good chin and heart to survive those 2/3 minutes on the floor before eventually tapping out. Not many would have survived the initial onslaught. Back to drawing board, he is still only 25.
Darren Till Obliterated on 18:48 - Sep 9 with 3302 viewsbluey_the_blue

You seem to have conflated UFC with MMA... UFC is merely one overly hyped organisation.
Darren Till Obliterated on 19:18 - Sep 9 with 3247 viewsperplex

Darren Till Obliterated on 18:48 - Sep 9 by bluey_the_blue

You seem to have conflated UFC with MMA... UFC is merely one overly hyped organisation.

Not at all mate the UFC is where all the best MMA fighters compete, then you have the likes of Bellator which mainly consists of ex UFC fighters who are passed there best or did not make it to the very top in the UFC but are offered good rewards to sign with Bellator, then you have other organisations like Cage Warriors who`s champions like McGregor fight to get noticed and signed by the UFC, but saying all that do explain how you have come to the conclusion of me thinking the UFC is a sport, enlighten me with your thought process so to speak.
Darren Till Obliterated on 19:29 - Sep 9 with 3223 viewsperplex

Yep i agree that he still has age on his side, but he was outclassed here, despite showing plenty of bottle in taking those elbows to the head his ground defence and game was poor, ok some may say he was dazed with the punch, but that punch was certainly not devastating meaning the jury is out on the strength of his chin, he will also soon have to move up to middleweight which means he loses this size advantage he manages to have in the Welters.
Darren Till Obliterated on 20:07 - Sep 9 with 3184 viewsbluey_the_blue

Darren Till Obliterated on 19:18 - Sep 9 by perplex

Not at all mate the UFC is where all the best MMA fighters compete, then you have the likes of Bellator which mainly consists of ex UFC fighters who are passed there best or did not make it to the very top in the UFC but are offered good rewards to sign with Bellator, then you have other organisations like Cage Warriors who`s champions like McGregor fight to get noticed and signed by the UFC, but saying all that do explain how you have come to the conclusion of me thinking the UFC is a sport, enlighten me with your thought process so to speak.

UFC is the big gorilla company within the MMA business, turned it around after the farcical early events which were staged to showcase Gracie.

You referred to UFC whilst railing against Boxing having multiple world champs due to the number of different organisations. UFC is the equivalent of say WBC... and personally, UFC has passed it's peak. Not watched one of their events in years really.
Darren Till Obliterated on 11:49 - Sep 10 with 3014 viewsperplex

Darren Till Obliterated on 20:07 - Sep 9 by bluey_the_blue

UFC is the big gorilla company within the MMA business, turned it around after the farcical early events which were staged to showcase Gracie.

You referred to UFC whilst railing against Boxing having multiple world champs due to the number of different organisations. UFC is the equivalent of say WBC... and personally, UFC has passed it's peak. Not watched one of their events in years really.

Would it be a lot easier for you to just declare you are not a fan of the UFC, because every thing else you are going on about makes no sense, seems like you are bias or a bit of a simpleton, i`ll sway towards you being bias because you are not a fan of as you say this big Gorilla company within the MMA business.
Darren Till Obliterated on 12:40 - Sep 10 with 2981 viewsMo_Wives

I was glad to see Woodley win. There is something unlikeable about Till and I can't quite put my finger on it...apart from him eating his boogers, obviously.

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Darren Till Obliterated on 18:26 - Sep 10 with 2890 viewsbluey_the_blue

Darren Till Obliterated on 11:49 - Sep 10 by perplex

Would it be a lot easier for you to just declare you are not a fan of the UFC, because every thing else you are going on about makes no sense, seems like you are bias or a bit of a simpleton, i`ll sway towards you being bias because you are not a fan of as you say this big Gorilla company within the MMA business.

So you're saying it's not the biggest MMA organisation which many think is MMA then?

Ok...

UFC's prime years were in the past. The fact they are relying on Brrrrrrroooooooccccckkkkkk Lesesssssssnnnnaaaarrrrrr to boost PPV ratings is telling. It's also been a douchey company, certainly in the past when it came to stiffing fighters on payoffs, blocking fighters having own sponsorship deals etc.
Login to get fewer ads

Darren Till Obliterated on 20:08 - Sep 10 with 2852 viewsperplex

Darren Till Obliterated on 18:26 - Sep 10 by bluey_the_blue

So you're saying it's not the biggest MMA organisation which many think is MMA then?

Ok...

UFC's prime years were in the past. The fact they are relying on Brrrrrrroooooooccccckkkkkk Lesesssssssnnnnaaaarrrrrr to boost PPV ratings is telling. It's also been a douchey company, certainly in the past when it came to stiffing fighters on payoffs, blocking fighters having own sponsorship deals etc.

Again you just do not make any sense, where did I say it`s not the biggest MMA organisation, also you will always have happy employees as well as unhappy employees in every org, as for your past it`s best comments again you seen pretty clueless, there are now more fighters on the roster than ever before, they now hold events in more countries than ever before, they will be holding there first event in Russia next week, and on OCT the 6th will smash there PPV best ever performance, now these are actual facts and I hope this registers in your mindset despite your dislike for the UFC and total lack of knowledge on the subject.
Darren Till Obliterated on 20:22 - Sep 10 with 2829 viewsbluey_the_blue

Darren Till Obliterated on 20:08 - Sep 10 by perplex

Again you just do not make any sense, where did I say it`s not the biggest MMA organisation, also you will always have happy employees as well as unhappy employees in every org, as for your past it`s best comments again you seen pretty clueless, there are now more fighters on the roster than ever before, they now hold events in more countries than ever before, they will be holding there first event in Russia next week, and on OCT the 6th will smash there PPV best ever performance, now these are actual facts and I hope this registers in your mindset despite your dislike for the UFC and total lack of knowledge on the subject.

More isn't better. I'm sure you knew that already though.

Unhappy? Every right to be unhappy. It was the fighters who gave UFC credibility, taking it away from the rigged clusterfvcks that early events were.

I bow to your greater knowledge...

Since you don't seem to accurately grasp my opinion, I'll dumb it down a bit.

They may hold events in more countries. They may have more fighters. They may have their best ever PPV performance aided by the attraction of McGregor's first fight in two years having decided to try to box Mayweather... does that mean UFC is in it's prime? For me, no. I don't get the buzz that there used to be a few years ago. Shamrocks, Ortiz, that kind of era. UFC has some good fights, cracking fights, absolutely.
Darren Till Obliterated on 21:26 - Sep 10 with 2792 viewsKrisP

Darren Till Obliterated on 20:22 - Sep 10 by bluey_the_blue

Unhappy? Every right to be unhappy. It was the fighters who gave UFC credibility, taking it away from the rigged clusterfvcks that early events were.

They may hold events in more countries. They may have more fighters. They may have their best ever PPV performance aided by the attraction of McGregor's first fight in two years having decided to try to box Mayweather... does that mean UFC is in it's prime? For me, no. I don't get the buzz that there used to be a few years ago. Shamrocks, Ortiz, that kind of era. UFC has some good fights, cracking fights, absolutely.

I appreciate that more isn't necessarily better. But at the same time, the best fights aren't always between the superstar names. There are some fantastic fights between up and coming fighters on these smaller cards.

And you said you haven't watched an event in years - so how can you say it's passed it's peak? On the whole I think fights are far more technical and it's far harder to get away with being a one-dimensional fighter. Aside from the number of fighters pulling out due to injury recently, I think the level of quality is as high as it's ever been.
Darren Till Obliterated on 12:16 - Sep 11 with 2702 viewsperplex

Darren Till Obliterated on 20:22 - Sep 10 by bluey_the_blue

I guess you comparing the likes of Shamrock and Ortiz with the skillset of todays fighters shows your lack of knowledge about the sport of MMA, you obviously are totally clueless to the evolvement of the sport as both those guys would not even break into the top ten with the calibre of fighters competing now, ok you don't like the UFC or get a buzz each to there own which is fair enough, but you really should just say that because everything else you are blurting out just proves you have not got a clue what your going on about.
Darren Till Obliterated on 23:26 - Sep 11 with 2631 viewsRancid

I had high hopes for Till but he made himself look a right tit during this fight from start to finish.His ego is way too inflated even for this type of sport where you do need an ego.

Woodley owned him and even have the audacity to take him out with a submission which is very unusual for him.

Till's win over Cerrone was what gave him the chance to fight Wonderboy and then Woodley but lets be honest Cowboy is 2 years past it and I even thought he lost the Wonderboy fight.

Bisping still the best Brit.
Darren Till Obliterated on 18:16 - Sep 12 with 2534 viewsbluey_the_blue

Darren Till Obliterated on 12:16 - Sep 11 by perplex

I guess you comparing the likes of Shamrock and Ortiz with the skillset of todays fighters shows your lack of knowledge about the sport of MMA, you obviously are totally clueless to the evolvement of the sport as both those guys would not even break into the top ten with the calibre of fighters competing now, ok you don't like the UFC or get a buzz each to there own which is fair enough, but you really should just say that because everything else you are blurting out just proves you have not got a clue what your going on about.

I didn't compare skillsets, which is kinda unfortunate for your point. It's pretty obvious skillsets evolve and improve over the years.

But hey ho, off you go.
Darren Till Obliterated on 18:04 - Sep 13 with 2444 viewsperplex

Darren Till Obliterated on 18:16 - Sep 12 by bluey_the_blue

I didn't compare skillsets, which is kinda unfortunate for your point. It's pretty obvious skillsets evolve and improve over the years.

But hey ho, off you go.

Skillsets do not necessarily evolve and improve over the years in all cases mun, for eg in the case of an ageing sportsman there skillsets deteriorate, give it up pal your being made to look a right plonker.
Darren Till Obliterated on 18:13 - Sep 13 with 2439 viewsbluey_the_blue

Darren Till Obliterated on 18:04 - Sep 13 by perplex

Skillsets do not necessarily evolve and improve over the years in all cases mun, for eg in the case of an ageing sportsman there skillsets deteriorate, give it up pal your being made to look a right plonker.

Errm, lolwut?

Skillsets obviously improve over time. New techniques emerge after all unless you're somehow claiming the sport hasn't evolved since UFC 1.

It's pretty f*cking obvious that as you get older the body can't do what it used to... I credited you with enough intelligence to think I didn't need to make that explicit...

Now going way back to your original post since it's meandering, you rail against boxing. Boxing absolutely has it's flaws but if you're claiming UFC is some magical panacea, two words for you. Brock. Lesnar.

Fail drugs tests, leave MMA to go back to wrestling, then return to UFC magically a hell of a lot lighter after two years and get an immediate title shot.

Two more words.

CM. Punk.

Someone at 38 with zero prior training experience, not an amazing mount of athleticism, an over-achiever in wrestling.

Easily beaten in both fights, but hey chasing the cross-over fanbase.

Two more words.

Ronda. Rousey.

From Dana White claiming UFC would never have women fighters to finding a marketable commodity with poor coaches and no chin...

UFC has every issue and problem boxing has, to act as if UFC is on some moral platform above boxing is just silly. For every good fighter, every good fight UFC puts on there's just as much "staged" stuff as boxing.
Darren Till Obliterated on 12:35 - Sep 14 with 2391 viewsperplex

Darren Till Obliterated on 18:13 - Sep 13 by bluey_the_blue

Errm, lolwut?

Skillsets obviously improve over time. New techniques emerge after all unless you're somehow claiming the sport hasn't evolved since UFC 1.

It's pretty f*cking obvious that as you get older the body can't do what it used to... I credited you with enough intelligence to think I didn't need to make that explicit...

Now going way back to your original post since it's meandering, you rail against boxing. Boxing absolutely has it's flaws but if you're claiming UFC is some magical panacea, two words for you. Brock. Lesnar.

Fail drugs tests, leave MMA to go back to wrestling, then return to UFC magically a hell of a lot lighter after two years and get an immediate title shot.

Two more words.

CM. Punk.

Someone at 38 with zero prior training experience, not an amazing mount of athleticism, an over-achiever in wrestling.

Easily beaten in both fights, but hey chasing the cross-over fanbase.

Two more words.

Ronda. Rousey.

From Dana White claiming UFC would never have women fighters to finding a marketable commodity with poor coaches and no chin...

UFC has every issue and problem boxing has, to act as if UFC is on some moral platform above boxing is just silly. For every good fighter, every good fight UFC puts on there's just as much "staged" stuff as boxing.

Mate go and get some help ffs as no one agrees with you, just look at what others think about your comments, you are grasping at straws, continually contradicting yourself, you are obviously embarrassed and are now trying to dig yourself out of a hole by posting a load of clueless jargon, and all because you are trying to justify something because your not a fan, just say you do not like the UFC you clueless dimwit I think we will all get the drift.
[Post edited 14 Sep 2018 12:37]
Darren Till Obliterated on 13:43 - Sep 14 with 2367 viewsMo_Wives

Doner vs Kebab soon.

I'm going for Khabib Berniegomedov to win by submission or points...or Conor by fix.

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Darren Till Obliterated on 17:58 - Sep 14 with 2329 viewsperplex

Darren Till Obliterated on 13:43 - Sep 14 by Mo_Wives

Doner vs Kebab soon.

I'm going for Khabib Berniegomedov to win by submission or points...or Conor by fix.

Can not wait, love fights like this two great fighters in the prime, can not predict a winner but it would be fun if Connor wins by submission or Khabib by ko lol, good back up plan in place as well in having Ferguson fighting in the co main, so he can step in in case one of them gets injured or pulls out for what ever reason.
Darren Till Obliterated on 18:59 - Sep 14 with 2318 viewsbluey_the_blue

Darren Till Obliterated on 12:35 - Sep 14 by perplex

Mate go and get some help ffs as no one agrees with you, just look at what others think about your comments, you are grasping at straws, continually contradicting yourself, you are obviously embarrassed and are now trying to dig yourself out of a hole by posting a load of clueless jargon, and all because you are trying to justify something because your not a fan, just say you do not like the UFC you clueless dimwit I think we will all get the drift.
[Post edited 14 Sep 2018 12:37]

If you had a clue you'll realise I;m not a fan of what it's become but hey ho.

You've also ignored the fact your moral "UFC much more legit than boxing" is crapped about with Brrrrroooocccckkkkkk Leeeesssssnnnnnnaaaarrrr's return.

Anyway, feel free to ignore this reply, I'll converse with others...
Darren Till Obliterated on 19:57 - Sep 14 with 2307 viewsperplex

Darren Till Obliterated on 18:59 - Sep 14 by bluey_the_blue

If you had a clue you'll realise I;m not a fan of what it's become but hey ho.

You've also ignored the fact your moral "UFC much more legit than boxing" is crapped about with Brrrrroooocccckkkkkk Leeeesssssnnnnnnaaaarrrr's return.

Anyway, feel free to ignore this reply, I'll converse with others...

You can not converse pal, your way way to dumb, and I doubt you yourself have any idea what your going on about, honestly you should try just typing Brock Lesnar it would be a lot easier for you.
Darren Till Obliterated on 05:59 - Sep 15 with 2270 viewsMo_Wives

Darren Till Obliterated on 17:58 - Sep 14 by perplex

Can not wait, love fights like this two great fighters in the prime, can not predict a winner but it would be fun if Connor wins by submission or Khabib by ko lol, good back up plan in place as well in having Ferguson fighting in the co main, so he can step in in case one of them gets injured or pulls out for what ever reason.

I get the feeling the pressers are going to consist of Tony and Conor arguing with Khabib occasionally saying something about 'number one bullshit'.

Good luck, Mr Cooper

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024