Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Greyhound Inn in Llanrhidian has closed due to a decline in trade 18:08 - Sep 28 with 3189 viewstheloneranger

Another pub bites the dust

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/well-known-gower-pub-famous-152075

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

The Greyhound Inn in Llanrhidian has closed due to a decline in trade on 19:44 - Sep 28 with 3117 viewsbonymine

Modern day competition unfortunately ........Rake & Riddle.

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

The Greyhound Inn in Llanrhidian has closed due to a decline in trade on 19:48 - Sep 28 with 3110 viewsAndy1300

The Greyhound Inn in Llanrhidian has closed due to a decline in trade on 19:44 - Sep 28 by bonymine

precisely this.

Number 1 team in Wales

The Greyhound Inn in Llanrhidian has closed due to a decline in trade on 20:28 - Sep 28 with 3072 viewsbuilthjack

You have to do good, affordable food, and not just 6 til 9. And no frozen chips.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

The Greyhound Inn in Llanrhidian has closed due to a decline in trade on 21:59 - Sep 28 with 3005 viewsdonnybackspin

The Greyhound Inn in Llanrhidian has closed due to a decline in trade on 20:28 - Sep 28 by builthjack

You have to do good, affordable food, and not just 6 til 9. And no frozen chips.

Agreed you have to deliver good quality food, it's s pity the owners didn't recognise this before they ended the contract of the old tennents.

Buy great to see them doing well at the Rake and Riddle , great food and great atmosphere.
The Greyhound Inn in Llanrhidian has closed due to a decline in trade on 22:03 - Sep 28 with 2992 viewsAguycalledJack

The Greyhound Inn in Llanrhidian has closed due to a decline in trade on 21:59 - Sep 28 by donnybackspin

Agreed you have to deliver good quality food, it's s pity the owners didn't recognise this before they ended the contract of the old tennents.

Buy great to see them doing well at the Rake and Riddle , great food and great atmosphere.

This.
The Greyhound Inn in Llanrhidian has closed due to a decline in trade on 23:59 - Sep 28 with 2920 viewstheloneranger

They also have The Kings Head, Llangennith and The Ship Inn, Port Eynon

The Greyhound Inn in Llanrhidian has closed due to a decline in trade on 07:16 - Sep 29 with 2817 viewsjack247

The Greyhound Inn in Llanrhidian has closed due to a decline in trade on 19:44 - Sep 28 by bonymine

I think it’s more likely they stopped doing decent home cooked food, which they had a great reputation for. The Welcome to Town and the Dolphin are within walking distance, the Britannia and Purple Badger are closer than the Rake and Riddle. They have always thrived in the past.
The Greyhound Inn in Llanrhidian has closed due to a decline in trade on 12:21 - Sep 30 with 2573 viewsDyfnant

It’s simply because there’s a couple of million pound to be made selling houses on the plot

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Login to get fewer ads

The Greyhound Inn in Llanrhidian has closed due to a decline in trade on 18:50 - Sep 30 with 2449 viewsdickythorpe

It's a shame as it was a lovely place to visit, however there are better laces to eat in Gower.
The success of Gower Brewery owes a lot to that pub.
I'll feel a little pang when I see it's no.longer there.
The Greyhound Inn in Llanrhidian has closed due to a decline in trade on 18:55 - Sep 30 with 2446 viewstheloneranger

The Greyhound Inn in Llanrhidian has closed due to a decline in trade on 18:50 - Sep 30 by dickythorpe

It's a shame as it was a lovely place to visit, however there are better laces to eat in Gower.
The success of Gower Brewery owes a lot to that pub.
I'll feel a little pang when I see it's no.longer there.

I've always felt that "laces" gave me indigestion !! 😂😂

The Greyhound Inn in Llanrhidian has closed due to a decline in trade on 18:59 - Sep 30 with 2441 viewsdickythorpe

*places

The Greyhound Inn in Llanrhidian has closed due to a decline in trade on 20:47 - Sep 30 with 2374 viewsswanforthemoney

The Greyhound Inn in Llanrhidian has closed due to a decline in trade on 12:21 - Sep 30 by Dyfnant

It’s simply because there’s a couple of million pound to be made selling houses on the plot

Nail hit firmly and squarely on the head, sir.
Sod all to do with food
Executive house with double height glass fronted American style vestibule and four en-suite, anyone ?

I stand in the North Stand

The Greyhound Inn in Llanrhidian has closed due to a decline in trade on 13:45 - Oct 1 with 2259 viewscontroversial_jack

Many places simply price themselves out of business.It's no longer a cheap option to eat out, it's more of an occasional treat thesedays
The Greyhound Inn in Llanrhidian has closed due to a decline in trade on 18:28 - Oct 1 with 2167 viewsSwanjaxs

Lovely grub in the Rake and Riddle fair play 👍

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

The Greyhound Inn in Llanrhidian has closed due to a decline in trade on 19:32 - Oct 1 with 2126 viewstaffpunk

What a shame, been there a few times when I've stayed in my son's caravan nearby. Always had nice meals and a warm welcome. Though looking at the link, there's far more to it than the OP suggests.

Second Time Around Record Shop-Tonypandy, RCT-Open Friday and Saturday. Valley Leaflets-Reliable Leaflet Distribution throughout South Wales.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024