Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The four BEST Swans signings in the last four years 21:46 - Oct 13 with 3147 viewsGlyn1

I thought Swanjaxs thread was very negative so to balance that let's focus on the positive.

The Four worst Swansea signings from the last 5 years.... by Swanjaxs 12 Oct 2018 11:42
Bit harsh on Emnes, plenty of more deserving candidates surely?
https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/the-4-worst-swansea-signings-from-the-last-5-years-agreed/

Which players signed since 2014 have been good value and you liked watching?
[Post edited 13 Oct 2018 21:50]

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

The four BEST Swans signings in the last four years on 21:54 - Oct 13 with 2537 viewsLeonWasGod

Fab
Gylfi
Jeff
Fed

I nearly chose A. Ayew, but despite him having a pretty good first spell he was inconsistent and he never really fit us. Good player at his best though.

Fer, Naughts and Celina (potential) deserve shouts too.
The four BEST Swans signings in the last four years on 22:25 - Oct 13 with 2500 viewsomarjack

Fabianksi
Sigurosson

Fernandez
Bony (1st time around) (or was it more than 4 years when he first joined us?)

Honourable mentions:

Llorente
Fer

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

The four BEST Swans signings in the last four years on 07:35 - Oct 14 with 2386 viewsgrabsplatter

The four BEST Swans signings in the last four years on 21:54 - Oct 13 by LeonWasGod

Fab
Gylfi
Jeff
Fed

I nearly chose A. Ayew, but despite him having a pretty good first spell he was inconsistent and he never really fit us. Good player at his best though.

Fer, Naughts and Celina (potential) deserve shouts too.

I'd put Mawson in there, not sure how you can have Jeff in the list when he's nearly always injured
The four BEST Swans signings in the last four years on 08:10 - Oct 14 with 2362 viewsCooperman

Fabianski
McBurnie
VdH
A.Ayew (first time)

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

The four BEST Swans signings in the last four years on 08:14 - Oct 14 with 2360 viewsgrabsplatter

The four BEST Swans signings in the last four years on 08:10 - Oct 14 by Cooperman

Fabianski
McBurnie
VdH
A.Ayew (first time)

VDH is a good shout
The four BEST Swans signings in the last four years on 12:14 - Oct 14 with 2190 viewsdameedna

Mawson
Celina
Sanches
McBurnie
The four BEST Swans signings in the last four years on 12:17 - Oct 14 with 2188 viewsCooperman

The four BEST Swans signings in the last four years on 12:14 - Oct 14 by dameedna

Mawson
Celina
Sanches
McBurnie

Can you explain your Sanches choice?

The four BEST Swans signings in the last four years on 12:50 - Oct 14 with 2146 viewsE20Jack

I also thought of Sanches when thinking of these.

Very important to isolate the action from the result, something I have been saying a lot on here recently. If we signed Messi and he ruptured his crutiate. It would still go down as one of our most incredible signings.

Sanches’ signing was a superb one, he just came to the wrong side at the wrong time. To have made a signing like that showed incredible ambition and intent. That was always a gamble worth making where the upside was incredible, it could have paved way for other young global stars not getting first team football at the elite.

It’s the sort of signing where given the opportunity again I would absolutely like us to make if we can, because if it succeeds the upside is fantastic.
[Post edited 14 Oct 2018 12:53]

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Login to get fewer ads

The four BEST Swans signings in the last four years on 13:25 - Oct 14 with 2105 viewsCooperman

The four BEST Swans signings in the last four years on 12:50 - Oct 14 by E20Jack

I also thought of Sanches when thinking of these.

Very important to isolate the action from the result, something I have been saying a lot on here recently. If we signed Messi and he ruptured his crutiate. It would still go down as one of our most incredible signings.

Sanches’ signing was a superb one, he just came to the wrong side at the wrong time. To have made a signing like that showed incredible ambition and intent. That was always a gamble worth making where the upside was incredible, it could have paved way for other young global stars not getting first team football at the elite.

It’s the sort of signing where given the opportunity again I would absolutely like us to make if we can, because if it succeeds the upside is fantastic.
[Post edited 14 Oct 2018 12:53]

That’s right. I guess it comes down to how we interpret ‘best’.

Most on here would have been drooling over the Sanches signing at the time. A series of unfortunate circumstances contrived against us with this one. I also would love to see us in a position to repeat such signings again.

The four BEST Swans signings in the last four years on 14:48 - Oct 14 with 2038 viewsjasper_T

The four BEST Swans signings in the last four years on 13:25 - Oct 14 by Cooperman

That’s right. I guess it comes down to how we interpret ‘best’.

Most on here would have been drooling over the Sanches signing at the time. A series of unfortunate circumstances contrived against us with this one. I also would love to see us in a position to repeat such signings again.

Is one of the "unfortunate circumstances" that he was awful for a whole year before we paid £8m to bring him in on loan?
The four BEST Swans signings in the last four years on 15:12 - Oct 14 with 2018 viewsSwanjaxs

The four BEST Swans signings in the last four years on 12:17 - Oct 14 by Cooperman

Can you explain your Sanches choice?

Alcohol perhaps?

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

The four BEST Swans signings in the last four years on 15:16 - Oct 14 with 2016 viewsSwanjaxs

Sorry you found my thread very negative old bean, was just posted to encourage debate...
Fabianski
Mawson
McBurnie
Celina
With respect to the last two it shows how far we have fallen the past four years... ( sorry more negativity)

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.

The four BEST Swans signings in the last four years on 15:35 - Oct 14 with 1995 viewsCooperman

The four BEST Swans signings in the last four years on 14:48 - Oct 14 by jasper_T

Is one of the "unfortunate circumstances" that he was awful for a whole year before we paid £8m to bring him in on loan?

Were you against the signing at the time?

The circumstances that I’m referring to are our coaching and tactics at the time. IMO these played a large part in destroying a player that had recently torn up the Euros.

The four BEST Swans signings in the last four years on 16:23 - Oct 14 with 1950 viewsjasper_T

The four BEST Swans signings in the last four years on 15:35 - Oct 14 by Cooperman

The circumstances that I’m referring to are our coaching and tactics at the time. IMO these played a large part in destroying a player that had recently torn up the Euros.

Not until I watched him lumber around for Portugal U21s against some of our lads (just after he signed but before he joined up with the squad). Practically anonymous in an otherwise very talented side.

David Brooks came on at half time and lit the game up.
The four BEST Swans signings in the last four years on 16:38 - Oct 14 with 1939 viewsJango

The four BEST Swans signings in the last four years on 16:23 - Oct 14 by jasper_T

Not until I watched him lumber around for Portugal U21s against some of our lads (just after he signed but before he joined up with the squad). Practically anonymous in an otherwise very talented side.

David Brooks came on at half time and lit the game up.

Sanchez was Bayern’s player of the month for September. In different circumstances he could have been our best ever player in the premier league.
The four BEST Swans signings in the last four years on 16:43 - Oct 14 with 1933 viewsSwanjaxs

The four BEST Swans signings in the last four years on 16:38 - Oct 14 by Jango

Sanchez was Bayern’s player of the month for September. In different circumstances he could have been our best ever player in the premier league.

In different circumstances do you mean "if he could have been bothered "?

The four BEST Swans signings in the last four years on 17:28 - Oct 14 with 1895 viewsRancid

Fer
Fabianski
Siggy
Mawson
The four BEST Swans signings in the last four years on 18:05 - Oct 14 with 1862 viewsjasper_T

The four BEST Swans signings in the last four years on 16:38 - Oct 14 by Jango

That's nice for him. But it would have been just as surprising had it happened when we signed him as it is to us now. He has had a miserable time since making his name in the Euros (and season leading up to them).

We bought him on reputation, not form. He had been consistently poor for 12 months when we handed over the cheque.
The four BEST Swans signings in the last four years on 18:34 - Oct 14 with 1839 viewsCooperman

The four BEST Swans signings in the last four years on 18:05 - Oct 14 by jasper_T

That's nice for him. But it would have been just as surprising had it happened when we signed him as it is to us now. He has had a miserable time since making his name in the Euros (and season leading up to them).

We bought him on reputation, not form. He had been consistently poor for 12 months when we handed over the cheque.

The size of the cheque and the subsequent form he showed combined to form my reasoning for not including him in my four.

The four BEST Swans signings in the last four years on 18:51 - Oct 14 with 1827 viewskarnataka

The four BEST Swans signings in the last four years on 07:35 - Oct 14 by grabsplatter

I'd put Mawson in there, not sure how you can have Jeff in the list when he's nearly always injured

I don't think Mawson was ever quite as good as he was hyped up to be, that was probably because he's English but considering the money we made on him, he was a very good signing. Just a shame we pissed away so much money on our other signings.
The four BEST Swans signings in the last four years on 19:59 - Oct 14 with 1782 viewsKerouac

1) Mike van der Hoorn
2) Bersant Celina
3) Erwin Mulder
4) Gylfi Siggyrdsson

Honourable mentions to,
Lukasz Fabianski
Fernando Llorente
Leroy Fer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

The four BEST Swans signings in the last four years on 20:09 - Oct 14 with 1769 viewsLeonWasGod

The four BEST Swans signings in the last four years on 07:35 - Oct 14 by grabsplatter

OP said "and you liked watching". There's been nobody in our squad since Michu that gets bums off seats quicker than Jeff. Every time he gets the ball people expect something to happen. I like that, but yeah I'd love to have seen a lot more of him.
The four BEST Swans signings in the last four years on 20:18 - Oct 14 with 1761 viewsLeonWasGod

The four BEST Swans signings in the last four years on 19:59 - Oct 14 by Kerouac

1) Mike van der Hoorn
2) Bersant Celina
3) Erwin Mulder
4) Gylfi Siggyrdsson

Honourable mentions to,
Lukasz Fabianski
Fernando Llorente
Leroy Fer

fed ahead of VdH for me.

One was a mainstay of our defense for several seasons, the other a non-regular starter in the PL who's only now come into his own this season. Although if we talk about the Championship, then it's worth noting Fed was flawless and a consummate professional against Sheff Utd.

I do like vdH though - and he's still quite young and could/should get even better. If he stays, he could end up being our Ash 2. But as of now now, Fed has been the better signing imo.
The four BEST Swans signings in the last four years on 21:28 - Oct 14 with 1718 viewsgrabsplatter

The four BEST Swans signings in the last four years on 20:09 - Oct 14 by LeonWasGod

OP said "and you liked watching". There's been nobody in our squad since Michu that gets bums off seats quicker than Jeff. Every time he gets the ball people expect something to happen. I like that, but yeah I'd love to have seen a lot more of him.

Occasionally yes & this season a couple of his appearances off the bench were exciting but when will we see him fit again ?
I also remember him at White Hart lane under Bradley put in an absolute shocker which was hard to forgive at the time.
I'd really like to be proved wrong & see Jeff make a sustained impact this year but I doubt it
The four BEST Swans signings in the last four years on 22:09 - Oct 14 with 1694 viewspencoedjack

The four BEST Swans signings in the last four years on 15:35 - Oct 14 by Cooperman

Gunter & Robson Kanu had great Euros I wouldn’t of been happy signing either

I said Sanchez was a risk when we signed him.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024