Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is Racism creeping back into football or did it never really leave 09:47 - Oct 24 with 6870 viewsMogzzy9

So the gentleman I sit next to was telling me about the Villa trip in which he had to have a word with the guy behind him who thought it would be a good idea to shout racial slurs towards Tammy Abraham. Encouraging our players to "snap the **** p***k. Not only did he play for us last season and give it his all but what the hell has Abraham done to deserve that kind of abuse.
The lad reported it to Kick It Out and reached out the club. The Swans have since contacted him for a statement.

I have just read an article of a lad racially abusing Ashley Williams during the Wales v Ireland match. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-45907798

Kids go to these games, this isn't the example we should be setting.
Do the right thing guys if you hear anyone being racially abusive, it doesn't matter who its aimed at, give them a stern talking to and report them to stewards and Kick It Out.
There's no place for it in this world.

[img]http://icons.iconarchive.com/icons/giannis-zographos/british-football-club/128/Swansea-City-icon.png[/img]

Is Racism creeping back into football or did it never really leave on 09:53 - Oct 24 with 5556 viewsProfessor

Not sure it went away. I think racism and xenophobia are more prevalent now than over the last 20 years. Some pretty nasty people are getting a voice in the media and there is certainly a much harder right of the Tories than for a long time. It has no place anywhere.
Is Racism creeping back into football or did it never really leave on 10:11 - Oct 24 with 5488 viewsLeonWasGod

It's symptomatic of wider society, sadly. You've got mainstream politicians stirring up racial and xenophibic tensions and then little opportunist tosspots like Stephen Yaxley Lennon riding of the back of it. The knuckle-draggers feel emboldened.
Is Racism creeping back into football or did it never really leave on 10:19 - Oct 24 with 5459 viewsomarjack

It wasn't really socially acceptable to be openly racist a while back. But since the emergence of the far-right all over the west in the recent years. The closet racists stopped feeling like they have something to hide.

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

Is Racism creeping back into football or did it never really leave on 10:22 - Oct 24 with 5449 viewspeenemunde

Stop social engineering
Is Racism creeping back into football or did it never really leave on 03:00 - Oct 25 with 5187 viewsLord_Bony

Is Racism creeping back into football or did it never really leave on 10:22 - Oct 24 by peenemunde

Stop social engineering

Interesting.

I ve never heard of that, what is social engineering?

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Is Racism creeping back into football or did it never really leave on 03:03 - Oct 25 with 5183 viewsLoyal

I would like to congratulate the OP on this thread, however I do feel the need to point out the gender specific nature of his otherwise excellent prose.
Another topic for another day may be ?

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Is Racism creeping back into football or did it never really leave on 03:06 - Oct 25 with 5181 viewsLoyal

Is Racism creeping back into football or did it never really leave on 03:00 - Oct 25 by Lord_Bony

Interesting.

It's obvious, it's when you put a spark plug in to your Facebook doodle and claim to be a fish. Twitter are converting to unleaded as we speak.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.

Is Racism creeping back into football or did it never really leave on 07:59 - Oct 25 with 5084 viewsMrSwerve

Racism needs to be kicked out of all walks of life, however due to human nature I can see it taking hundreds of years to eradicate it, if it ever is.

Also the acceptable ‘white racism’ needs to be stopped too. Ask Diane Abbott.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Login to get fewer ads

Is Racism creeping back into football or did it never really leave on 10:22 - Oct 25 with 4980 viewsploppy

Is Racism creeping back into football or did it never really leave on 09:53 - Oct 24 by Professor

Not sure it went away. I think racism and xenophobia are more prevalent now than over the last 20 years. Some pretty nasty people are getting a voice in the media and there is certainly a much harder right of the Tories than for a long time. It has no place anywhere.

And the Labour left are innocent, I suppose.
Is Racism creeping back into football or did it never really leave on 10:27 - Oct 25 with 4972 viewsLoyal

Is Racism creeping back into football or did it never really leave on 07:59 - Oct 25 by MrSwerve

Racism needs to be kicked out of all walks of life, however due to human nature I can see it taking hundreds of years to eradicate it, if it ever is.

Interesting thought, it's black power week on BBC radio 6, perish the thought any other colour would be involved, I'm not sure if it's double standards or not. I mean white power week is probably not the best idea, that's not what I'm saying if these programmes actually educate young people then it's a no brainer. My concern in time is that we are building an uneven society again, this time one which neither colour tolerates anhone and ends in a race war.

Is Racism creeping back into football or did it never really leave on 15:02 - Oct 25 with 4801 viewsHighjack

Is Racism creeping back into football or did it never really leave on 10:19 - Oct 24 by omarjack

It wasn't really socially acceptable to be openly racist a while back. But since the emergence of the far-right all over the west in the recent years. The closet racists stopped feeling like they have something to hide.

Like that BrexitThomas bloke you mean?

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Is Racism creeping back into football or did it never really leave on 15:05 - Oct 25 with 4796 viewsHighjack

Is Racism creeping back into football or did it never really leave on 10:27 - Oct 25 by Loyal

Interesting thought, it's black power week on BBC radio 6, perish the thought any other colour would be involved, I'm not sure if it's double standards or not. I mean white power week is probably not the best idea, that's not what I'm saying if these programmes actually educate young people then it's a no brainer. My concern in time is that we are building an uneven society again, this time one which neither colour tolerates anhone and ends in a race war.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

Is Racism creeping back into football or did it never really leave on 15:10 - Oct 25 with 4790 viewsHighjack

Is Racism creeping back into football or did it never really leave on 07:59 - Oct 25 by MrSwerve

You're always going to get the odd f*cking idiot. I would imagine that 99% of all the people in a football crowd today would be horrified to hear genuine racist abuse and would either tell the person to shut up or report it to the stewards/police.

You're never going to eradicate it.

Is Racism creeping back into football or did it never really leave on 15:39 - Oct 25 with 4761 viewsMogzzy9

Is Racism creeping back into football or did it never really leave on 15:10 - Oct 25 by Highjack

You're always going to get the odd f*cking idiot. I would imagine that 99% of all the people in a football crowd today would be horrified to hear genuine racist abuse and would either tell the person to shut up or report it to the stewards/police.

Absolutely, there is always the odd few idiots about. It's just a shame to hear that its coming from Swansea & Wales fans. The only real way to tackle it is to report each and every person who is caught hurling such abuse.

[img]http://icons.iconarchive.com/icons/giannis-zographos/british-football-club/128/Swansea-City-icon.png[/img]

Is Racism creeping back into football or did it never really leave on 15:55 - Oct 25 with 4747 viewsFlashberryjack

Is Racism creeping back into football or did it never really leave on 15:10 - Oct 25 by Highjack

Spot on, don't tell me there's more racism now than there was a few years ago, there's certainly more people looking for it, and sometimes finding it where it isn't.

The person hurling racist abuse at Tammy is the exception to the rule.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Is Racism creeping back into football or did it never really leave on 17:14 - Oct 25 with 4671 viewsBadlands

Is Racism creeping back into football or did it never really leave on 15:55 - Oct 25 by Flashberryjack

Spot on, don't tell me there's more racism now than there was a few years ago, there's certainly more people looking for it, and sometimes finding it where it isn't.

The person hurling racist abuse at Tammy is the exception to the rule.

There is far more overt racism on display at Swans games than a few years ago. For a while civility ruled but in the past 2 -3 seasons I have been saddened at some of the confrontations and comments that have become commonplace.
An example from Tuesday,
Q 'Why isn't Asoro getting starts?'
A 'He's just another useless wog like Rutledge.'

Minutes later.
Q Any news of Bony's injury.
Q (different supporter) The lazy black c*** is just here for the money.'

A black bloke who had been coming quite regularly and had been having comments made about his colour - behind his back but making sure he could hear them - has stopped.

I gave up reporting these events as nothing was being done about it.

Someone I spoke to made the offer to move my season ticket to another seat.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Is Racism creeping back into football or did it never really leave on 17:17 - Oct 25 with 4666 viewsJackfath

Is Racism creeping back into football or did it never really leave on 17:14 - Oct 25 by Badlands

There is far more overt racism on display at Swans games than a few years ago. For a while civility ruled but in the past 2 -3 seasons I have been saddened at some of the confrontations and comments that have become commonplace.
An example from Tuesday,
Q 'Why isn't Asoro getting starts?'
A 'He's just another useless wog like Rutledge.'

Minutes later.
Q Any news of Bony's injury.
Q (different supporter) The lazy black c*** is just here for the money.'

A black bloke who had been coming quite regularly and had been having comments made about his colour - behind his back but making sure he could hear them - has stopped.

I gave up reporting these events as nothing was being done about it.

Someone I spoke to made the offer to move my season ticket to another seat.

If I heard comments like that near me, I would speak out and challenge the individuals using such words. Pricks.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Is Racism creeping back into football or did it never really leave on 17:25 - Oct 25 with 4655 viewsAce_Jack

Is Racism creeping back into football or did it never really leave on 03:00 - Oct 25 by Lord_Bony

Interesting.

telling people to stop being racist c**ts in public.
Is Racism creeping back into football or did it never really leave on 18:20 - Oct 25 with 4596 viewsBadlands

Is Racism creeping back into football or did it never really leave on 17:17 - Oct 25 by Jackfath

If I heard comments like that near me, I would speak out and challenge the individuals using such words. Pricks.

I have done in the past when it was unusual but as I was pointing out, it is now routine. Last season I got in a bit of a do as well but with the stewards and some at the club pretending it isn't happening the chances are I'd get the ban. A couple of us did think we'd got a particular nasty f***** kicked out but it turned out he was moved to another part of the East.
I have also gained no support at all when sending up to these people.
Definitely a case of picking the right battles.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Is Racism creeping back into football or did it never really leave on 18:59 - Oct 25 with 4566 viewsJackfath

Is Racism creeping back into football or did it never really leave on 18:20 - Oct 25 by Badlands

I have done in the past when it was unusual but as I was pointing out, it is now routine. Last season I got in a bit of a do as well but with the stewards and some at the club pretending it isn't happening the chances are I'd get the ban. A couple of us did think we'd got a particular nasty f***** kicked out but it turned out he was moved to another part of the East.
I have also gained no support at all when sending up to these people.
Definitely a case of picking the right battles.

The Trust need to raise their game over this. It's simply not on. We do not need it.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Is Racism creeping back into football or did it never really leave on 01:13 - Oct 26 with 4424 viewsScottishEddie

Is Racism creeping back into football or did it never really leave on 10:27 - Oct 25 by Loyal

Good God

Poll: Stupidest Posterer of the Year

Is Racism creeping back into football or did it never really leave on 01:55 - Oct 26 with 4417 viewsswan65split

I look back in shame of the 70s Brad Ctys visits.........sadly I dont think it will ever go away.
Is Racism creeping back into football or did it never really leave on 03:14 - Oct 26 with 4403 viewsLoyal

Is Racism creeping back into football or did it never really leave on 01:13 - Oct 26 by ScottishEddie

Good God

You haven't got the intelligence to compete mucka ...

Is Racism creeping back into football or did it never really leave on 20:37 - Oct 26 with 4231 viewsJack59

Is Racism creeping back into football or did it never really leave on 10:22 - Oct 24 by peenemunde

Stop social engineering

There's also likely to be some sort of a backlash to all the 'positive discrimination' that's been going on for over 20 years.
Is Racism creeping back into football or did it never really leave on 20:43 - Oct 26 with 4220 viewsLord_Bony

Is Racism creeping back into football or did it never really leave on 18:59 - Oct 25 by Jackfath

The Trust need to raise their game over this. It's simply not on. We do not need it.

Indeed Fath.

The Trust could raise awareness and what to do about it.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024