Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Huddersfield v Fulham 21:29 - Nov 5 with 2891 viewsowainglyndwr

Was we really that bad last year ?
Huddersfield v Fulham on 21:31 - Nov 5 with 1895 views34dfgdf54

Yes unfortunately
Huddersfield v Fulham on 21:38 - Nov 5 with 1872 viewspencoedjack

I just said the same in another thread.

Both teams are awful.
Huddersfield v Fulham on 21:42 - Nov 5 with 1856 viewsjackrabbit

I was thinking the same thing. Apart from 1 or 2 games under Bradley, I'm pretty sure we were better than this. How the **** did we manage to get relegated?
Huddersfield v Fulham on 21:42 - Nov 5 with 1852 viewsunion_jack

Huddersfield v Fulham on 21:38 - Nov 5 by pencoedjack

I just said the same in another thread.

Both teams are awful.

This game suggests Cardiff have a real chance of survival this year.

Huddersfield are awful and winning. Fulham slightly better but losing.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Huddersfield v Fulham on 21:43 - Nov 5 with 1851 views34dfgdf54

Huddersfield v Fulham on 21:42 - Nov 5 by union_jack

This game suggests Cardiff have a real chance of survival this year.

Huddersfield are awful and winning. Fulham slightly better but losing.

I genuinely believe they have a good chance.

They can’t afford to waste too many more home games though, Saturday is massive for them.
Huddersfield v Fulham on 22:00 - Nov 5 with 1790 viewsunion_jack

Huddersfield v Fulham on 21:43 - Nov 5 by 34dfgdf54

I genuinely believe they have a good chance.

They can’t afford to waste too many more home games though, Saturday is massive for them.

It's between the current bottom 3 along with Southampton and Burnley for me.

I think Newcastle will get going sooner or later.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Huddersfield v Fulham on 22:05 - Nov 5 with 1768 viewsomarjack

Worst, most boring, most predictable relegation battle possible.

Cardiff, Fulham and Huddersfield aren't going to make it.

Soton and Newcastle will nick a survival. Won't be too hard going against dredge like that.

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

Huddersfield v Fulham on 22:13 - Nov 5 with 1748 viewsCooperman

Unfortunately we were for large parts of it.

I’m really surprised at Fulham, less so at Huddersfield. You would think that having spent circa £100m it would bring a degree of quality to their game.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Login to get fewer ads

Huddersfield v Fulham on 23:05 - Nov 5 with 1629 viewsBrynCartwright

Is Mawson not match fit or something? He is kept on the bench. Seems a waste of the apparent 15 mill we got for him to me

Poll: Artificial Crowd Noise for Premier League and Champiionship Games is...

Huddersfield v Fulham on 23:14 - Nov 5 with 1608 viewsSTID2017

I know they won't all continue to be this bad, but based on current form after 11 games, Newcastle, Huddersfield, Cardiff and Fulham are all set to finish on 21 points.
Even Southampton are currently on target for a measly 24.
How did it go so wrong for us last season ?
That is a rhetorical question BTW

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Huddersfield v Fulham on 00:07 - Nov 6 with 1548 viewsbyron

Huddersfield v Fulham on 22:13 - Nov 5 by Cooperman

Unfortunately we were for large parts of it.

I’m really surprised at Fulham, less so at Huddersfield. You would think that having spent circa £100m it would bring a degree of quality to their game.

Spending 80 or 100 million doesn’t mean that much these days as you know only too well from last season. I don’t think your team from last season would get relegated in this seasons PL though.

Benny

Huddersfield v Fulham on 00:18 - Nov 6 with 1543 viewsPozuelosSideys

Huddersfield v Fulham on 00:07 - Nov 6 by byron

Spending 80 or 100 million doesn’t mean that much these days as you know only too well from last season. I don’t think your team from last season would get relegated in this seasons PL though.

We were shite and got what we deserved. Fortunately the timing allowed us to pick up Potter and give him some breathing space in the Champ to overhaul and rebuild our culture

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Huddersfield v Fulham on 01:54 - Nov 6 with 1491 viewsJJJack

Huddersfield v Fulham on 00:18 - Nov 6 by PozuelosSideys

We were shite and got what we deserved. Fortunately the timing allowed us to pick up Potter and give him some breathing space in the Champ to overhaul and rebuild our culture

2 good posts above. We may have survived this season with last year's team but again it's debateable as we just couldn't create chances/score goals last season. We were also totalcrap for , like, most of the final 3 seasons.

I'm happier where we are now , having a go and trying to improve. Last season was mainly unwatchable and the previous 2 seasons, mainly shambolic.
Huddersfield v Fulham on 04:15 - Nov 6 with 1457 viewsGlyn1

I remember going to Huddersfield last season (nice people, nice town) and remembering how pessimistic we were about playing them. If anyone goes back to our discussion about them you'll see that we didn't expect anything from the game.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Huddersfield v Fulham on 04:36 - Nov 6 with 1443 viewsSwan91

I think us getting relegated was the best thing for us.

I have been more excited this season so far than I had been for the past 2 maybe 3 seasons. The football is a joy to watch (yes we have had frustrating games that we should have one) but overall seeing these young players doing big things in the CH gives me a lot of hope for the future.

because of relagation we were able to get rid of most of our "toxic" players. and now we are back to our roots.

i think we are only truly in need of a striker.. If Bony gets back and does big things then that sorts it.. but if we plan on selling or loaning, would be nice to get a faster striker in.. Mcburnie is just a little too slow to catch up to most of DJ crosses... like 1 or 2 steps too short a lot of the time.
Huddersfield v Fulham on 07:03 - Nov 6 with 1384 viewsDr_Winston

It went wrong for us because we spent the first half of the season cowering in our own half. Once we got going we looked good enough to survive but ultimately didn't have enough effective cover in the middle to avoid having to rely on Carroll and Ki.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Huddersfield v Fulham on 07:10 - Nov 6 with 1373 viewsTailGunner

Huddersfield v Fulham on 07:03 - Nov 6 by Dr_Winston

It went wrong for us because we spent the first half of the season cowering in our own half. Once we got going we looked good enough to survive but ultimately didn't have enough effective cover in the middle to avoid having to rely on Carroll and Ki.

We cowered, then looked good enough as you said.

Then we cowered after Huddersfield away thinking a point here and there would be enough, and if not we had the 2 easy home games at the end to see us through.

Real shitehouse tactics from CC which backfired spectacularly, as did the £18m wild gamble with Ayew.
Who ran around a bit...
[Post edited 6 Nov 2018 7:12]
Huddersfield v Fulham on 07:47 - Nov 6 with 1325 viewsbuilthjack

Huddersfield v Fulham on 23:05 - Nov 5 by BrynCartwright

Is Mawson not match fit or something? He is kept on the bench. Seems a waste of the apparent 15 mill we got for him to me

Apparently, he's not quite as good as they thought.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Huddersfield v Fulham on 07:51 - Nov 6 with 1319 views3swan

Huddersfield v Fulham on 07:47 - Nov 6 by builthjack

Apparently, he's not quite as good as they thought.

Maybe not as good as he thought.
His attitude after the England squad call up did seem to change.
Needs a spell of back to basics
Huddersfield v Fulham on 08:12 - Nov 6 with 1278 viewsJinxy

I haven't watched many Fulham games, but in the past few seasons they reminded me of us on our way up. I suppose this emphasises our sustained fantastic achievements, on such a low outlay in our early EPL years, and predominantly with players that rose through the leagues. Our playing style was embedded, with any (few) new additions having to fit in to an already well established and rehearsed passing game. This endorses the way we are going about things now!

Perhaps Fulham spending £100M has disrupted their formula and changed too much too soon? As I say I haven't watched them so could be way off the mark here.
Huddersfield v Fulham on 08:15 - Nov 6 with 1272 views34dfgdf54

Fulham have the players to get out of it, unfortunately though they may need to get rid of their manager. Sorting yourself out defensively is probably more straight forward than if it was goals being the problem.

The amount of goals they are conceding is ridiculous under this manager. That doesn't say alot for Alfie not being able to hold down a position in that back four.
Huddersfield v Fulham on 08:26 - Nov 6 with 1257 viewsBloodyhills

We were a lot better than these two last season, some of the time anyway. If the managers had showed more courage we would probably have stayed up.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Huddersfield v Fulham on 08:51 - Nov 6 with 1232 viewswobbly

Card*ff haven’t just lowered the tone of the Premier League, they’ve lowered the level too.

Dreadful stuff.
[Post edited 6 Nov 2018 8:51]
Huddersfield v Fulham on 09:28 - Nov 6 with 1190 viewsBloodyhills

Not sure you can really blame Cardiff for Fulham and Huddersfield being shite though it's true they didn't add any thing to prem quality.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Huddersfield v Fulham on 09:42 - Nov 6 with 1162 viewswestside

We lost some key games at home at the start against Newcastle, Watford, Brighton.

Siggy and Lorente weren't replaced.

Squad wasn't strengthened.

Young inexperienced loan players were a mistake.

Yanks should of got rid of clement sooner.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024