Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who has got faith in Potter? 06:28 - Nov 30 with 9485 viewsdickythorpe

Who has got faith in Potter? on 09:48 - Nov 30 with 3712 viewsLeonWasGod

Christ yes, especially after some of the dross we've had in recent years.
Who has got faith in Potter? on 09:59 - Nov 30 with 3678 viewshobo

Best manager we've had since Laudrup
Who has got faith in Potter? on 10:07 - Nov 30 with 3662 viewsDrGonzo

Staggered that this is even a question considering the hand that Potter has been dealt by the owners.
Who has got faith in Potter? on 10:08 - Nov 30 with 3646 viewsbyron

Who has got faith in Potter? on 09:48 - Nov 30 by LeonWasGod

Christ yes, especially after some of the dross we've had in recent years.

Lol...I have total faith that he can safety guide you back to league 1......😂😂👌✔️

Benny

Who has got faith in Potter? on 10:35 - Nov 30 with 3613 viewsjack247

Who has got faith in Potter? on 10:07 - Nov 30 by DrGonzo

Staggered that this is even a question considering the hand that Potter has been dealt by the owners.

Unbelievably, I think it is. Can you imagine where this squad would be under Bradley, Clement or Carvahal?
Who has got faith in Potter? on 11:04 - Nov 30 with 3569 viewsvalleyboy

Who has got faith in Potter? on 10:35 - Nov 30 by jack247

Unbelievably, I think it is. Can you imagine where this squad would be under Bradley, Clement or Carvahal?

As another poster has already said about the hand that Potter has been dealt. I honestly believe that Swansea would be already in the departure lounge ready to be relegation, if any of those managers you mentioned were now in charge

You only have to look in what he has done previously, working with young players and building a team that last year beat Arsenal at home in the Europa League

Yes he joined his previous club when they were in the lower leagues and that was to some extent a blessing for him, but if he is given time and the support from his employers (that’s the part to be worrying about) I think he will turn Swansea around
Who has got faith in Potter? on 11:04 - Nov 30 with 3569 viewsandypitt56

Who has got faith in Potter? on 10:35 - Nov 30 by jack247

He is doing the best he can with the cards he has been dealt! I think most realistic fans were expecting mid table finish this season. I didn't personally think we would get any higher than 8th. We need to consolidate first.
Who has got faith in Potter? on 11:13 - Nov 30 with 3547 viewsjasper_T

Faith is a strong word. Can only judge him on decisions and results as time goes on.

Don't agree that he's been handed a League One/Two squad to work miracles with or anything like that.
Login to get fewer ads

Who has got faith in Potter? on 11:16 - Nov 30 with 3538 viewsAlfieMooresSon

Who has got faith in Potter? on 11:04 - Nov 30 by andypitt56

He is doing the best he can with the cards he has been dealt! I think most realistic fans were expecting mid table finish this season. I didn't personally think we would get any higher than 8th. We need to consolidate first.

Doing a reasonable job, and it's true with the young squad we have is possibly overachieving. I do have doubts about some selections and am not sure he is able to stand up to the board and demand some more investment.

Overall though yes!!!
Who has got faith in Potter? on 11:42 - Nov 30 with 3502 viewsvalleyboy

Who has got faith in Potter? on 11:16 - Nov 30 by AlfieMooresSon

Doing a reasonable job, and it's true with the young squad we have is possibly overachieving. I do have doubts about some selections and am not sure he is able to stand up to the board and demand some more investment.

Overall though yes!!!

“Doubts about some of his selections”

Cast your mind back over the last 7-8 weeks

Look at the criticism that Potter had in playing Nordfeldt over Mulder in that time and then look at the last two games in how Mulder played

When Potter is sitting down to pick a side, selection is on what he sees in training and what threats and even weaknesses of the opposition

When he picks a player that posters think is a round peg in a square hole, there must be a reason

If he makes a substitution that is the difference in winning a game, he’s a brilliant tactician, on the other hand and when in different game he does the same and it doesn’t come off, he is criticised for doing that

All this I would say is down in him having a small squad with some players not ready for Championship football and even players carrying injuries that he doesn’t want to risk playing
Who has got faith in Potter? on 11:46 - Nov 30 with 3485 viewsMrSwerve

I don't doubt that Potter has the potential to be a manager in the PL some day - whether it's with us or not depends on how the club is operated behind the scenes.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Who has got faith in Potter? on 11:47 - Nov 30 with 3490 viewsjack247

Who has got faith in Potter? on 11:13 - Nov 30 by jasper_T

Faith is a strong word. Can only judge him on decisions and results as time goes on.

Don't agree that he's been handed a League One/Two squad to work miracles with or anything like that.

He hasn’t been given a squad to compete at the top of the table either. I think most of us would have taken where we are now, had we been offered it in August.
Who has got faith in Potter? on 11:56 - Nov 30 with 3471 viewslifelong

Who has got faith in Potter? on 11:47 - Nov 30 by jack247

He hasn’t been given a squad to compete at the top of the table either. I think most of us would have taken where we are now, had we been offered it in August.

The run up to the new year will be interesting, if we continue to ship goals and slip further down the table people’s attitude will soon change.
Who has got faith in Potter? on 12:06 - Nov 30 with 3452 viewsDarran

Who has got faith in Potter? on 11:47 - Nov 30 by jack247

Well I think you’re bit wrong there Tim.
Too many people expected us to have won the league by now T2C included who predicted a couple of months ago that we’d be in the top 4 now.
People are fuçking idiots.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Who has got faith in Potter? on 12:09 - Nov 30 with 3451 viewstowns

I like him but has anyone got any stats on how many changes he has made because bob Bradley got hammered for making changes and we make at least 4 a game. and the keeper situation baffles me.we need to keep the same back 4 to get used to each other like rogers did. rant over
Who has got faith in Potter? on 13:36 - Nov 30 with 3340 views34dfgdf54

Who has got faith in Potter? on 11:56 - Nov 30 by lifelong

The run up to the new year will be interesting, if we continue to ship goals and slip further down the table people’s attitude will soon change.

If we start to look like genuine relegation candidates then yes it will. He would have been briefed to stop the slide this year, and he’s doing that.

From the owners:

"But what we’re trying to do is take the hard medicine now so that we can build for the future.

"I know that’s hard for supporters to accept. There will be more hard medicine to take but we want to build around our young guys. If you look at what we’ve done, we’ve kept our young guys and that’s where our focus is going to be."
[Post edited 30 Nov 2018 13:38]
Who has got faith in Potter? on 13:43 - Nov 30 with 3319 viewsvalleyboy

Who has got faith in Potter? on 12:09 - Nov 30 by towns

I like him but has anyone got any stats on how many changes he has made because bob Bradley got hammered for making changes and we make at least 4 a game. and the keeper situation baffles me.we need to keep the same back 4 to get used to each other like rogers did. rant over

So which keeper you would prefer then

If you read what Darren Moore has said, he targeted Molder because what they had seen on video of him being weak on crosses

Personally I don’t think there’s much between the two keepers if any, as both are way short of what Fabianski was
Who has got faith in Potter? on 13:43 - Nov 30 with 3319 viewsAlfieMooresSon

Who has got faith in Potter? on 12:06 - Nov 30 by Darran

Well I think you’re bit wrong there Tim.
Too many people expected us to have won the league by now T2C included who predicted a couple of months ago that we’d be in the top 4 now.
People are fuçking idiots.

Ha ha true, but they are backtracking again
Who has got faith in Potter? on 13:45 - Nov 30 with 3316 viewsAlfieMooresSon

Who has got faith in Potter? on 13:36 - Nov 30 by 34dfgdf54

If we start to look like genuine relegation candidates then yes it will. He would have been briefed to stop the slide this year, and he’s doing that.

From the owners:

"But what we’re trying to do is take the hard medicine now so that we can build for the future.

"I know that’s hard for supporters to accept. There will be more hard medicine to take but we want to build around our young guys. If you look at what we’ve done, we’ve kept our young guys and that’s where our focus is going to be."
[Post edited 30 Nov 2018 13:38]

All very good, but are they good enough?

Some decent experienced Championship players would have helped them adapt no end !!!
Who has got faith in Potter? on 13:46 - Nov 30 with 3313 viewsAlfieMooresSon

Who has got faith in Potter? on 13:43 - Nov 30 by valleyboy

So which keeper you would prefer then

If you read what Darren Moore has said, he targeted Molder because what they had seen on video of him being weak on crosses

Personally I don’t think there’s much between the two keepers if any, as both are way short of what Fabianski was

Fabianski was outstanding mind, very hard for any keeper to step into his shoes !!!
Who has got faith in Potter? on 13:48 - Nov 30 with 3313 views34dfgdf54

Who has got faith in Potter? on 13:45 - Nov 30 by AlfieMooresSon

All very good, but are they good enough?

Some decent experienced Championship players would have helped them adapt no end !!!

I know it’s the famous last words, but I believe we are too good to go down. I’m expecting us 10th-15th.

They would have helped, we just can’t afford them while we are trying to fix the disasters of the last few transfer windows. Too many high earners.
Who has got faith in Potter? on 14:37 - Nov 30 with 3272 viewsElmo

Big faith in him and his playing philosophy, dynamic tactics, focus on learning & development - individually and collectively. Big fan.

(Everyone has development needs though. If I was his boss I would keep a watching brief over how he responds to adversity. He wobbled a bit in the press conf when asked about how he and the team responds, I was surprised and a little disappointed given his massive focus on Emotional Intelligence. Twt)
Who has got faith in Potter? on 14:48 - Nov 30 with 3249 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

I think some of the praise he gets is embarrassing and it amazes me how the same people continue to over estimate new managers at the club and scrape together any excuses they can to defend them.

Have I got faith in him to get us promoted? Absolutely not. We struggle going forward as badly as we did under the likes of Clement and Bradley, except this time we're playing the likes of Rotherham, not Manchester United.

Have I got faith in him to keep us 'stable' in this league until all the high earners are gone? Absolutely.

I think his credentials from Sweden mean absolutely nothing. Other managers have had better success in Scandanavia than him and failed miserably in England, for example the Norwegian at Cardiff a few years ago.

He's made numerous baffling decisions in terms of starting line ups, substitutions (or lack of), and in my opinion the craziest thing I have seen in a long time is him playing Matt Grimes at left back when we have Olsson available to play there. I don't blame Grimes for his woeful performances at left back is it isn't his natural position.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Who has got faith in Potter? on 14:53 - Nov 30 with 3242 viewsDarran

Who has got faith in Potter? on 14:48 - Nov 30 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I think some of the praise he gets is embarrassing and it amazes me how the same people continue to over estimate new managers at the club and scrape together any excuses they can to defend them.

Have I got faith in him to get us promoted? Absolutely not. We struggle going forward as badly as we did under the likes of Clement and Bradley, except this time we're playing the likes of Rotherham, not Manchester United.

Have I got faith in him to keep us 'stable' in this league until all the high earners are gone? Absolutely.

I think his credentials from Sweden mean absolutely nothing. Other managers have had better success in Scandanavia than him and failed miserably in England, for example the Norwegian at Cardiff a few years ago.

He's made numerous baffling decisions in terms of starting line ups, substitutions (or lack of), and in my opinion the craziest thing I have seen in a long time is him playing Matt Grimes at left back when we have Olsson available to play there. I don't blame Grimes for his woeful performances at left back is it isn't his natural position.

Great post my Friend.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Who has got faith in Potter? on 17:25 - Nov 30 with 3119 viewsDippy

Who has got faith in Potter? on 14:48 - Nov 30 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I'm baffled by some of his decisions..

McKay at wingback..
McBurnie as an inverted right winger and 10 position
Dan James on the centre forwards shoulder..
Roberts as a winger..
Dropping Mulder when in form..
Constant changes of formation

I think Potter is trying to be better/cleverer than what he actually is. When he's come up against WBA & Norwich, he's most definitely been schooled.

When we kick off, our team seem to be confused by the objective.. and it doesn't help by changing formations during games.

Our players are not grasping the objective, and that boils down to the management team
[Post edited 30 Nov 2018 17:27]

Poll: Cooper Out

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024